King Crimson and Black Oak Arkansas Video???

Alaz...@aol.com

May 14, 2005, 4:23:58 AM5/14/05
I have just finished downloading approx 5 minutes of what I assume is a
promo film or legit relese of a double bill with King Crimson and Black
Oak Arkansas at the same venue. Can anyone tell me who opened for who,
and describe this wierdness if you were present then or simoky hust
know about it?? This film has end credits (directed
by....cameraman...etc...) KC is playing the end of "Larks Tongues In
Aspic" part 2 over the end titles.... I also take that this is the
end of the film. Does anyone know if this is part of an available
DVD or VHS full length? Was this just these 2 bands or were there
more bands involved? AMD where was it filmed? So many questions/
Thanks to all for any info. JUST AN OLDER HIPPIE AND cRIMHEAD here
Peace to all...
Patrick ;>)

Tony Elka

May 14, 2005, 4:31:09 AM5/14/05
Alaz...@aol.com wrote:

It was probably before the Cal Jam concert that Black Oak Arkansas
played at with Black Sabbath, Deep Purple and ELP. Figure around 1973
or early 74.

Others will probably know more.

Tony

Wes

May 14, 2005, 9:05:17 AM5/14/05
BOA opened for KC (Islands line-up) in '72 here in Cleveland at the Allen
Theatre.

Wes

<Alaz...@aol.com> wrote in message

Les B. Labbauf

May 15, 2005, 2:02:09 AM5/15/05

Without checking my Collector's club cd, I think the Crim opened for BOA
on that tour. Apparently BOA wasn't happy with following the Crim, cuz
aftwards they sounded kind of lame.

Jeremy Weissenburger

May 15, 2005, 10:31:10 AM5/15/05
On 5/15/05 2:02 AM, in article pan.2005.05.15...@netscape.net,

"Les B. Labbauf" <bro...@netscape.net> wrote:

> On Sat, 14 May 2005 01:23:58 -0700, Alazulxx wrote:
>
>> I have just finished downloading approx 5 minutes of what I assume is a
>> promo film or legit relese of a double bill with King Crimson and Black
>> Oak Arkansas at the same venue. Can anyone tell me who opened for who,
>> and describe this wierdness if you were present then or simoky hust
>> know about it?? This film has end credits (directed
>> by....cameraman...etc...) KC is playing the end of "Larks Tongues In
>> Aspic" part 2 over the end titles.... I also take that this is the
>> end of the film. Does anyone know if this is part of an available
>> DVD or VHS full length? Was this just these 2 bands or were there
>> more bands involved? AMD where was it filmed? So many questions/
>> Thanks to all for any info. JUST AN OLDER HIPPIE AND cRIMHEAD here
>

> Without checking my Collector's club cd, I think the Crim opened for BOA
> on that tour. Apparently BOA wasn't happy with following the Crim, cuz
> aftwards they sounded kind of lame.

They only sounded lame following King Crimson?

--Jeremy

--

"Jazz is not dead, it just smells funny." -- Frank Zappa

Buster Mudd

May 17, 2005, 5:41:59 PM5/17/05
Jeremy Weissenburger wrote:

> They only sounded lame following King Crimson?

Ya just have to imagine Ruby Starr in her teeny-tiny Daisy Duke shorts
& platform shoes screaming "Go, Robert Fripp!" to have it all make
sense.

timsul...@yahoo.com

Feb 17, 2020, 12:21:26 PM2/17/20
Hi 2020 here... I was at this concert and BOA opened for KC...BOA played on time but the Krim’s equipment truck was delayed coming in from Pittsburgh and they did not go on until after 1 am. Great show with Boz Burrel and Robert Fripp. All I recall of BOA was this weird lead singer flipping his long blond hair forward and back, stamping his feet, shirtless, and shouting “huuurawwww” in a gravelly voice...I was tripping (orange sunshine) so ....

nat...@ng-mail.net

Jan 21, 2023, 9:39:10 PM1/21/23
timsul...@yahoo.com wrote:
> Hi 2020 here... I was at this concert and BOA opened for KC...BOA played on time but the Krim’s equipment truck was delayed coming in from Pittsburgh and they did not go on until after 1 am. Great show with Boz Burrel and Robert Fripp. All I recall of BOA was this weird lead singer flipping his long blond hair forward and back, stamping his feet, shirtless, and shouting “huuurawwww” in a gravelly voice...I was tripping (orange sunshine) so ....

Can't imagine there's any video of this. Do you happen to recall the
setlist? This sounds amazing.