Family (Roger Chapman) interview

Jason Gross

Dec 1, 2023, 9:53:57 PM12/1/23
Greetings,

In the latest issue of Perfect Sound Forever <http://www.furious.com/perfect/index1223.html>, you'll find (among other things):

FAMILY
Interview- Roger Chapman is Fearless, by Robin E. Cook
"Fearless was a perfect title for Family's 1971 album. As singer Roger Chapman says, Family was "quite a brave band." For Fearless, Chapman, guitarist John "Charlie" Whitney, multi-instrumentalist Poli Palmer, and drummer Rob Townsend were joined by new bassist John Wetton. On the resulting album, the band romps between barroom blues, quasi-progressive rock, funk, and folk-rock. The result is one of the finest examples of their wildly eclectic approach. Chapman himself shared recollections about the making of Fearless and his subsequent solo career for Perfect Sound Forever."

We're always looking for good writers and/or ideas so let us know if you have anything to share.

See you online,
Jason

Christian E B Mumford

Jan 10, 2024, 11:44:51 PMJan 10
Hey, Some nice articles Jason! I know Brent Marley who did the great Psych Trail Mix mag 2008-2017 or so... About 9 issues.... Great trade off with my old Aural Innovations daze 1998-2016.... Here! Brent and i on a Chrome DC Space 1993 re-trade & Blue Exposure discussion over new Years.... Christian

(Happy 2525 & 1910 Fruitgum company Brent... my so called mythical boy wonder pal Ruben is a boy prostitute Scorpion (harmless shrimp on heroin ballet)... My other pals Pål & Meran pimp out the Filadelfia menighet girls at Nesbru... Yeah i am gonna stream more on my stereo now, mostly for Bandcamp & YouTube also TIDAL for waves (No Humans Allowed part II). Ok. Do i owe postage i guess, can do in a week. Cheerz no beerz here... Just the Odd Lebanese/Israeli cheap hash or codeine tabs... My two white Panther White Riot hits 2019 was 1977... Phoney Beatlemania bit the dust... Whitesnake & Venom 1979-1980 now... Hope for a Ifrit & djinn tour ride the Tiger ISD & Michael Mensi... Teenage Warning, Liddle Towers (fuzz on the buss... Supergrass!). Enjoy... Christian)