Talking Heads for next 10/31

MATT LOKAY

Feb 9, 1996, 3:00:00 AM2/9/96
I love to see Phish cover some of the Talking Head's material. Sand in
the Vasoline, maybe? Pysco Killer, Take me to the River, and Burning
Down the House seem to be destined to be played by Phish. I highly doubt
they would do this but it would be cool. Led Zeppelin's Physical
Graffiti would be another good choice. Oh hell, whatever they decide to
play will be fine with me :)

Comments welcome!

Boogie Till You Puke,
Matt Lokay

Nicademis

Feb 10, 1996, 3:00:00 AM2/10/96
This is not a direct assualt at the author, but I would personally be very
disapointed if they covered a talking heads album. It just seems like
something that would be funny but tedious after a whole set. What I would
really love to hear for Halloween 96 would be Axis by Jimi.
Just my thoughts,
jim
*****************************
"It's not the destination, it's the trip."

o o o
<")))))))>< o o

><((((((("> o

<")))))))><

*****************************

Joel Schwitzer

Feb 11, 1996, 3:00:00 AM2/11/96
Funny but tedious? Have we been listening to the same Talking Heads??
David Byrne is an exceptional lyricist, and the variety of songs on any
given Heads album is phenomenal.Go back and listen to "Fear of Music,"
"Little Creatures," "Stop Making Sense," or "Remain in Light" and see if
your opinion remains the same. Not to mention the fact that it would be
a great chance for them to bring Cities back into the repetoire if they
did Fear of Music.

--Joel

Daniel E. Estrin

Feb 11, 1996, 3:00:00 AM2/11/96
Joel -

I agree with you that the a Heads album would be a great
cover album for next Ween. Only problem I can think of off the
top of my head is that I don't think the Heads have any double
studio albums (like the White Album or Quad). I may be wrong on
that. I don't think Phish should endeavor to cover a live albim
such as Stop Making Sense, as great as that album is. But who
said it has to be a double album anyway? Can you imagine the
boys doin "Slippery People?"

--
Daniel;NYC;Atty

JCarlson3094

Feb 14, 1996, 3:00:00 AM2/14/96
How about one of those cheesy 80's cd's w/ all different 80's songs...
I definitely think the Rocky Horror Picture Show is a good idea...
some more ideas: violent femmes?, or tom petty & the heartbreaker, bob
marley, rem (shiny happy people)...
just some thoughts..

peace,
jen