Real reason for Phish break-up!!

TM

Sep 4, 2004, 3:02:04 PM9/4/04
Look all of you whiners , fair weather phans, and complainers out there. You
are just like the friggin Deadheads with Jerry- Just give us a good show no
matter what. You are our musical SLAVE and you are our dancing monkey and
you better do it right every night ...

I have never been so disgusted by a bunch of mean spirited, hateful fans of
a band in my life. Especially with Phish. But that is what makes hippies so
fake. A minute of real problems, real emotions creeps into a band and the so
called "compassionate" and " all patient" or "patience for every situation",
"true democracy" blah ..blah..blah.. Turns UGLY and MEAN. Hippies are happy
as long as they are high, and Phish was a heavy POT band-more so than the
Dead- harder lot drugs too. Phish lot scenes saw a lot more coke, smack, and
especially ECSTACY than I saw at Dead shows and I had been to many of both.

Hippies can be such HIPPOCRATES that is probably the better "root" of the
namesake...

Trey has a drug problem and only 15% of the posts and reviews have showed
any compassion or true caring for the man.

"He and Phish get paid damn well, our danicng monkeys better play the way we
want them, how we want them, where we ant, when we want them..etc....

Granted a good 85% of any Phish concert crowd are Marijuana users/addicts
and few of those could fathom the horror of a full blown drug addiction and
what it can do to a person. Alas , watch any "un-addicted" daily pot smoker
run out of their stash and you will see that person drop evrything to get a
bag of weed that another addict of a hard drug would do....

I do have a theory and it is sick to even think of but I wonder if the
"other 3" (Mike, Jon, and Page) purposely weather conciously or more likely
sub-conciously were lashing out at Trey by playing poorly ( and mixing his
sound poorly, setting up his amps & effect poorly) to show either:

A. Total resentment at tery's drug use/addiction
B. Trey's decision to end the band.

This can be seen from the first show on NYE 2002 onward. Trey did not want a
musical democracy so there was a band that wanted out. I think that Trey was
surrounded be more than a handful of exteremely PASSIVE AGGRESSIVE people in
the immediate Phish organization.

99% of hard drug addicts are surrounded in their immediate enviroment by one
or several people ( typically NOT the easy targets like their dealers) that
do not want the "best " for them. These "vampires" have been the dmeise of
literaly hundreds of artists and rock musicians (especially) since time
began. They are jealous of an artists "unique" ability. You can learn to be
a carpenter, a computer programmer, etc..but no one person could ever be
Trey. So the people immediately around Trey probably had a boat load of
resentment towards him staring with the 2000 hiatus and more-so when after
the 2 year break when they saw that Trey was no "playing ball". Shorter
tours mean less money for everybody...

Jerry was too affable a guy so he just went along and did not hurt anyone's
feelings and he DIED so it was classic rock cliche' and their was no major
UGLY outlash like I have seen across the Phish web ssites and this newsgroup
in the last YEAR...

PHISH USED TO BE ABOUT 4 GUYS AND 2 KEY TECHS (CHRIS & PHIL) -

BUT THEN I SAW THIS LIST BELOW AND I COULD SEE THAT THE PRESSURE ON TREY NOT
ONLY CAME FROM HIS OWN DEMONS BUT THE "PHANS" AND MOST IMPORTANTLY ALL OF
THESE PEOPLE WHO DIRECTLY DPENDED ON THEIR INCOMES AND LIVELYHOOD FROM TREY
& PHISH.

LOOK AT THE SIZE OF THIS FREAKING LIST!!!

Julian Watkins, Lighting Crew Chief
Kevin Brown, Keyboard Tech
Brendan Wahlberg, Dry Goods
Jason Colton, Dionysian Productions media relations
Jason Stenta, Dry Goods
Jamie Ingerman, Dry Goods
David Rowles, Beth's fiance
Adam Wiggin, Dry Goods
Amy Skelton
Pete Carini, Carini, Phish's drum tech
Chris Kuroda, Phish lighting director
Brad Sands, Phish road manager
Kelly Longfield, Dry Goods
Craig McKenzie, Dry Goods
Melissa Stoddard, Dry Goods
Danelle Miller, Brad's girlfriend
Kit Blanchard, Rigger
Jill Larson
Sam Gibbs, Dry Goods
Rob O'Dea, Dionysian Productions
Mark Reinke, Stage Manager
Eric Larson
John Paluska, Phish's manager and head of Dionysian Productions
Cynthia Brown, retired from Dionysian Productions
Hadden Hippsley, Production Manager
Brett Hughes, Dry Goods
Paul Ingwerson, Rigger
Megan Saver, Dionysian Productions
Beth Montuori, Dionysian Productions
Karen Drabkin, Dry Goods
Nichole Alexander, Dry Goods
Elizabeth Meyer, Caterer
Lisa Sharpe, "Eat Your Hearts Out" Catering (Phish's catering)
Mark "Bruno" Bradley, monitor engineer
John Langenstein, Phish Security Director (aka "Head of Security")
Bart Butler, Venue Security Director (aka "Head of House Security")
Alan Demonbraun, Bus Driver
Dominic Placco, Bus Driver
Leigh Fordham, Lighting Technician
Kevin Shapiro, Archivist
Gary Radkovich, Lighting Technician
Bryan "Shoop" Dyck, Lighting Technician
Roger Pujol, Lighting Technician
Tim Ehrlich, Merchandise (Amy's husband)
Paolo Rodrigues, Audio Technician
Tim Maclarty, Caterer
Mickey McFall, Caterer
Paul Kennedy, Caterer
Peter Luther, Audio Technician
Tom Marshall, lyricist
Richard "Dickie" Glasgow, Tour Manager
Jimi Stout, production assistant
Sue Anastasio, Trey's wife
Aaron Stevenson, Lighting Technician
Languadoc, "soundman"
Shelly Culbertson, Dionysian Productions ticket goddess
Tavi Black, Lighting Technician
Chris Russo, Audio Technician
Brian Brown, Guitar Tech
Henry Schwab, Waterwheel (formerly Green Crew)
Matty Beck, works for Henry and Waterwheel

Don't forget to add to that:

Jon Fishman- his family, etc
Mike Gordon- his family, etc
Page Mc Connel- his family, etc..

That is a lot of PRESSURE for one man to carry.

What I see above is the most removed description in the world I can think of
as a "4 Man Rock Band"

THAT IS A FRIGGIN CORPORATION..

All sitting on top of a very "intangible" talent of a guitaris and singer
named TREY ANASTASIO.. It is one thing if this was another type of business
that amde shoes or some TANGIBLE thing..

If I had that many mouths to feed and to worry about MY GUITAR TONE MIGHT BE
A LITTLE OFF.

Sorry you guys had a weekend or a few concerts ruined, but I guess one
mans's sanity and health are Ok to forsake for a "Smoking REBA"

Cast the first stone..................

Tom

Sep 4, 2004, 3:38:12 PM9/4/04
Take a deep breath, you're a little angry. But I agree with a lot of
what you said. The band needed to end before it ended ugly. It saddens me
that a lot of people are mad at Trey and post things like "fuck you Trey,
you're part of something that's bigger than you, blah blah wah wah" as if
Phish was formed and existed solely for them. Perhaps with the passage of
time, people will remember Phish for the greatness they represented and
also, perhaps this time away from the corporation Phish became will allow
band members a chance to get on with other, and probably more important
aspects of their lives.

"TM" <tago...@hotmail.com> wrote in message

Bassethd2

Sep 4, 2004, 4:11:34 PM9/4/04
I really think I agree with what you are saying.
But, I question if Trey is really that aware or troubled by "the corporation.
Yes, Trey has alot on his plate. But Trey also has had ALOT of fun for himself.
Not to mention the rest.
Yes, Phish is the engine driving all this phun & vice, I can tell you it's fun
career choice.
But, with much vice you must have some control.
That's the problem, with Trey's ego, there was no one who was successfull at
controlling his Phun. Which has it's ups & downs.
So, I say watch & see.
They will be back again!
PS
Your take on the lot sceen is right on.

Scranjuber

Sep 4, 2004, 4:11:40 PM9/4/04
if it is indeed a drug problem maybe he should fess up or keep his mouth shut
entirely. the shit that comes out of his mouth at times is such bullshit that
it can make you angry sometimes.
I think if he just told the truth more people would understand.

pops

Scott Agne

Sep 4, 2004, 4:51:53 PM9/4/04
Oh, Christ. So much generalization and so many judgements. What do they say
about walking a mile in others' shoes? Whatever.

Scott

Kahreeni

Sep 4, 2004, 6:19:14 PM9/4/04
Why do you continue to post things like this..... why don't you check what
YOU said after the Hampton show...fuckin hippiecrite!!!

--
TMWSIY>Avenu Malcanu

hoodski

Sep 4, 2004, 6:32:12 PM9/4/04

do yourself a favor and read the Guitar World article. It clears it up for the
"undecided" people..like you.

hoodski

stashhat

Sep 4, 2004, 6:36:46 PM9/4/04

>Phish lot scenes saw a lot more coke, smack, and
> especially ECSTACY than I saw at Dead shows and I had been to many of
both.

WRONG!

Scott Agne

Sep 4, 2004, 8:46:16 PM9/4/04
Why don't you quote the post you're responding to?

Scott

"Kahreeni" <kpl...@yahoo.com> wrote in message

Kahreeni

Sep 4, 2004, 9:21:43 PM9/4/04
sometimes, i do

--
TMWSIY>Avenu Malcanu
"Scott Agne" <sa...@san.rr.com> wrote in message

||| SILT |

Sep 5, 2004, 3:18:47 AM9/5/04
coventry made like $10 million dollars.
$10 million dollars would have bought
a lot of hay.

Scranjuber

Sep 5, 2004, 1:46:20 PM9/5/04
>coventry made like $10 million dollars.
>$10 million dollars would have bought
>a lot of hay.

they grossed $10 million.....

pops

Nate C.

Sep 6, 2004, 8:45:36 PM9/6/04

> Look all of you whiners , fair weather phans, and complainers out
there....

That's literally as far as I read. Goodbye.