Teresa Zylis-Gara (R.I.P.)

Paul-Olivier Margail

Sep 1, 2021, 2:39:17 PM9/1/21
01.2"3.1"9"3"0 - 08.2"8".2"0"2"1"
I'll never forget her in Desdemona and Liu (Orange), Dona Elvira
(Salzbourg, Böhm and Karajan). Her pianissimi : jewels laid on music.
Later, she came for ten years masterclasses in south of France (she
settled in Monaco). She was so kind, chattering hours with me ! RIP.

--
P-Ol

gggg gggg

Sep 4, 2021, 2:24:40 AM9/4/21
Wasn't she the Komponist in Kempe's recording of ARIADNE AUF NAXOS?:

https://www.prestomusic.com/classical/products/7965938--strauss-r-ariadne-auf-naxos

Paul-Olivier Margail

Sep 4, 2021, 3:35:33 AM9/4/21
gggg gggg <gggg...@gmail.com> wrote:

> (...)
>
> Wasn't she the Komponist in Kempe's recording of ARIADNE AUF NAXOS?:
>
> https://www.prestomusic.com/classical/products/7965938--strauss-r-ariadne-
> auf-naxos

Absolutely !

-- P-Ol

gggg gggg

Sep 5, 2021, 5:46:08 PM9/5/21
On Wednesday, September 1, 2021 at 11:39:17 AM UTC-7, Paul-Olivier Margail wrote:
If you search the following on the Youtube search engine, you will find a lot of recently posted T. Z.-G. uploads:

liederoperagreatsoftheworld

Paul-Olivier Margail

Sep 7, 2021, 2:45:41 PM9/7/21
I have found, thank you !!!

-- P-Ol

gggg gggg

Sep 30, 2021, 11:56:28 PM9/30/21
On Wednesday, September 1, 2021 at 11:39:17 AM UTC-7, Paul-Olivier Margail wrote:
(Youtube upload):

Teresa Zylis-Gara - Da Capo - Interview with August Everding 1997

gggg gggg

Nov 24, 2021, 11:33:14 PM11/24/21
On Wednesday, September 1, 2021 at 11:39:17 AM UTC-7, Paul-Olivier Margail wrote:
In Memoriam (recent article):

http://www.musicweb-international.com/classrev/2021/Nov/VR9-Zylis-Gara.htm

Paul-Olivier Margail

Nov 28, 2021, 5:23:28 AM11/28/21
gggg gggg <gggg...@gmail.com> wrote:

> [...]
Merci !

--
P-Ol

gggg gggg

Jan 22, 2023, 3:09:02 AM1/22/23

Paul-Olivier Margail

Jan 23, 2023, 4:56:45 PM1/23/23
gggg gggg <gggg...@gmail.com> wrote:

> (...)
So many jewels... Thank you !

--
P-Ol

gggg gggg

Jan 25, 2023, 10:24:57 PM1/25/23
(Youtube upload):

"In Memoriam Teresa Żylis-Gara (1930-2021)"

gggg gggg

Jan 29, 2023, 9:35:36 PM1/29/23
On Wednesday, September 1, 2021 at 11:39:17 AM UTC-7, Paul-Olivier Margail wrote:
(Youtube upload):

"Franco Corelli & Teresa Zylis-Gara Othelo Duet (w.Translation)"

Paul-Olivier Margail

Feb 1, 2023, 11:16:10 AM2/1/23
gggg gggg <gggg...@gmail.com> wrote

> (Youtube upload):
> "Franco Corelli & Teresa Zylis-Gara Othelo Duet (w.Translation)"

and
> "In Memoriam Teresa ?ylis-Gara (1930-2021)"

Thank you. I have spoken with her about so many Desdemona she sung all
over the world. She told she had the worst experience in Tel Aviv
(Israel) : "at the first performance, Jon Wickers got carried away by
the music, by the audience, the mood. He was absolutely terrifying and
while he was killing me with both his hands and eyes, to calm him down,
I told him don't forget that we will lunch together on to-morrow."
They had 40 minutes curtain call...

--
P-Ol

gggg gggg

Feb 1, 2023, 1:09:51 PM2/1/23
Thanks for relating that interesting story to me.

A movie about an actor who plays Othello and gets carried away is A DOUBLE LIFE:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=zaxtunDdD6g

gggg gggg

Feb 10, 2023, 11:08:56 PM2/10/23
(Youtube Upload):

"Kitty Hollywood reviews: A Double Life"

Paul-Olivier Margail

Feb 11, 2023, 5:11:32 PM2/11/23
gggg gggg <gggg...@gmail.com> wrote:

> (...)
>
> A movie about an actor who plays Othello and gets carried away is A DOUBLE
> LIFE:
>
> https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=zaxtunDdD6g

Thanks ! I've seen Otello (one second!) and I do understand what
Zylis-Gara meant.

Could be the same thing with Pagliacci...

-- P-Ol

gggg gggg

Feb 14, 2023, 9:44:13 PM2/14/23
On Wednesday, September 1, 2021 at 11:39:17 AM UTC-7, Paul-Olivier Margail wrote:
(2023 Youtube upload):

"Anna Bolena(Zylis-Gara, Little, Ridderbusch, Alberto Erede 1967)"

gggg gggg

Apr 14, 2023, 1:12:05 AM4/14/23

gggg gggg

Jul 26, 2023, 3:56:44 AM7/26/23
On Wednesday, September 1, 2021 at 11:39:17 AM UTC-7, Paul-Olivier Margail wrote:
Have you seen this interview?:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ZQP8fXpa3E4&t=13s