Fritz Wunderlich's death

H.Guenther

Nov 7, 2001, 8:33:46 AM11/7/01
I'm a little bit surprised, that obviously nobody mentioned another
theory about Wunderlich's death, which was told to me as a rumour from
a well-known south-american tenor a couple of years ago and which I've
found "confirmed" (whatever it could mean) by some "opera-insiders"
with contacts to former colleagues of F.W. According to that rumour he
had been quite a womanizer (if wanted it could be found between the
lines in some interviews, "most intensive life in every aspect") and a
jealous husband had "something to do" with the bizarre circumstances
of his death. Does anybody know more about this theory?
I'm just curious and it is of course not my intention to insult
anybody of F.W's family with that message.
H.Guenther, Germany

dtritter

Nov 7, 2001, 9:00:17 AM11/7/01

oh jeezis, more "insider" shit. an old friend who was also a tenor and a
student of the same woman who was wunderlich's teacher got the word the
folloewing day. wunderlich was an avid hunter and was on a short holiday
at a hunting lodge, had dinner, including a couple of beers, went off to
bed, was on a staircase, turned to say goopd night to a friend below,
had his hand on an iron rail attached to a stone wall, and the rail
pulled out of its mooring, and he fell and struck his head, fatally, on
the steps. never a whisper about womanizing, a husband or any other
crap. 36 years later, who's around to confirm it all? this all sounds
like oliver stone conspiracy shit. will it never end?

dft

Jeffrey Meyer

Nov 7, 2001, 9:09:34 AM11/7/01
I heard that while being a guest at a friends Schloss he got rather pickled
and fell down a flight of stairs.
--
Jeffrey Meyer
De gustibus non est disputandum

"H.Guenther" <HGuent...@aol.com> wrote in message

Donald Collup

Nov 7, 2001, 11:53:18 AM11/7/01
In article <a8a40ebe.01110...@posting.google.com>,
HGuent...@aol.com (H.Guenther) wrote:

This sounds far removed, but I trust my source. I heard this from A who
heard it from B who heard it from C who was at the party at Gottlob
Frick's hunting lodge and felt eight years ago that enough time had
passed to tell the truth. Intoxicated, FW made a pass at Mme. Hotter.
Thereby, Mrs. Hotter's husband punched him, tripped over a garbage can
and fell down the slate steps. Apparently, all who were there, including
Prey, vowed they would never reveal the story as it would obciously
destroy the reputation of Mrs. Hotter's husband.

--
Donald Collup
http://www.collup.com

Mike Richter

Nov 7, 2001, 3:07:14 PM11/7/01

AFAIK, the only issue not determined about Wunderlich's death was
whether his ... um ... lack of sobriety was a substantial contributor to
the accident. The official interpretation does not mention it; the rumor
is that he was reeling before he reached the steps.

Mike
--
mric...@cpl.net
http://www.mrichter.com/

Hans Christian Hoff

Nov 7, 2001, 6:02:47 PM11/7/01

"Donald Collup" <don...@collup.com> wrote in message

Wunderlich died on september 17th, 1966; 9 days before his 36th birthday. If
the mr. Hotter you allude to is the famous Hans Hotter, he was then 57 years
old (born 1909). We do not know, but it seems a fair assumption that his
wife then was somewhat 20 years Wunderlichs senior. If W nevertheless really
made a pass at her, that suggests a degree of intoxication sufficient in
itself to explain his faux pas.

If your story is true, it not only would destroy the reputation of mr.
Hotter, it would make him the obvious subsject of criminal investigation and
subsequent indictment for (at least) manslaughter, and Frick et al. guilty
of witholding evidence.

Until further reliable evidence surfaces, I will continue to look upon W.'s
death as an accident, bereaving us of possibly the finest lyric tenor known
to the present generation, and as such an immensely grave one.

Regards

Hans

Ron Obvious

Nov 7, 2001, 6:03:31 PM11/7/01

"H.Guenther" <HGuent...@aol.com> wrote in message

A Los Angeles "psychic" named Doris Russell (or Ross) has written a "book"
about Wunderlich and her romance with him in his afterlife. She touches on
the circumstances of his death. If you are in the mood to read some really
goofy stuff here is the synopsis:

Fritzy

Synopsis

Doris Ross, an insurance claims adjuster, lives with her husband,Ron, in Los
Angeles. Both are amateur musicians. Ron, an avid record collector and
musicologist, reads of Fritz's death and mentions it to Doris. She, being
unfamiliar with the name, places little importance on the information, but
for some reason the name sticks in her mind. Shortly after hearing of his
death she sees one of his recordings and impulsively buys it, even though
she doesn't particularly like tenors--especially ones unknown to her.

Upon playing the record and hearing this man's glorious voice she begins to
feel depression, which is quite foreign to her practical, positive nature.
She is in love, really in love--with a man she has never, and now will never
meet.

By use of a Ouija board, first with a friend, then alone, she makes contact
with an entity who claims to be Fritz's spirit. He is a friendly, riotously
funny ghost, joking around in both English and German. Doris doesn't know
German and has to buy a German dictionary to translate.

When Doris can't find a partner for the Ouija board she attempts it alone.
Soon her hands are being pulled from letter to letter, and she and Fritz are
having a lively conversation. He admits he need shelp, which she agrees to
give him whatever it takes. During her next solo sitting she learns it could
take her life.

Now convinced that the entity she has been communicating with is not
Fritz--instead, something grossly evil which is bent on destroying her, she
begins to feel chills , a burning sensation throughout her body, and a
"fuzziness" in the back of her head. A male voice shouts inside her mind.
She is terrified and hopeless. Ron can't help her. Psychiatrists who "don't
believe in that stuff" can't help her either.

Finally with the help of a friend, a medical doctor who plays chamber music
with the Rosses, Doris regains her ability to function--and along with it,
her desire to resume communication with Fritz.

Always a hard-core skeptic, Doris wavers between doubt and belief. If
Fritz's personality has survived the death of his body, she wants to help
him by releasing him from his earthbound condition. But, she also wants to
hold onto him, as her love for him has now become the most solid thing in
her life.

Through subsequent communications with Doris and others by Ouija board,
automatic writing, and later, direct thought transference, Fritz makes his
"confession". He describes his life on Earth as it really was--shabby and
sordid beneath the glitter of international fame; and presents a true
picture of himself--of the loneliness, frustration and guilt lurking behind
his protective facade--that of the typical "vain tenor".

This extraordinary love affair between the living and the so-called dead
continues for nearly ten years, and Doris still cannot verify all that Fritz
has told her about himself. She has a husband, a career, and a life to
attend to. She can't continue living in two worlds, and Fritz must advance
to a higher spiritual plane. Sorrowful but determined, she breaks off
communication with the only man she has ever truly loved.

The story could end here. There has been conflict and resolution. Lives have
been changed, for the better, we presume. But Fritz will not stay buried.

Early in 1977, eleven years after his death, Fritz makes a comeback--he's
bigger, better and stronger than ever! He speaks directly into Doris's mind,
promising to make her life so exciting that she will never think of leaving
him again.

As predicted, 1977 becomes a year of accelerated psychic activity. Fritzy's
newly-acquired power enables him to channel through many people associated
with Doris to convince her of his continued existence. He even attempts to
take over the body of a long-time friend of the Rosses in order to make love
to Doris "in the flesh".

Toward the end of the year Fritz furnishes fresh material concerning his
death, implying it may not have been accidental after all.

By "coincidence" an old acquaintance of the Rosses is brought back into
their lives, just long enough to allow Fritz to speak though him while in a
hypnotically-induced trance--and to introduce Doris to the hypnotist. As a
result, Doris begins working with the hypnotist who, by raising her
vibratory rate, puts her into contact with an alchemist from the 18th
Century--the enigmatic Count St. Germain. The Count welcomes Doris as a
disciple of his New Age teachings. Fritz also becomes a disciple of St.
Germain--the only teacher he has ever accepted.

Although Fritz has been reborn on a higher spiritual plane, Doris, through
St. Germain, is now given the opportunity to verify Fritz's story. She is
led to people who knew about Fritz, and they confirm all he has told her.
Her remaining task is that of assisting Fritz in making his final confession
by telling his story to the world. She will them be free to follow St.
Germain in his all-out campaign for the enlightenment of mankind. END OF
SYNOPSIS

If you have read this far and can't live another day without all the juicy
details the whole book is online starting here:

http://dorissimo.net/fritzy/

Ron Obvious

Richard Loeb

Nov 7, 2001, 6:24:48 PM11/7/01
He tripped going down a flight of steps at Fricks hunting lodge, grabbed a
kind of rope banister which gave way from the wall and fell striking his
head on the stone floor. Thats all - a freak accident and an immeasurable
loss. This garbage from Germany I just read is really like throwing trash at
a masterpiece
"Ron Obvious" <in message news:9scejc$uv9$1...@slb3.atl.mindspring.net...

Matthew B. Tepper

Nov 7, 2001, 10:48:03 PM11/7/01
Thank you, Ron, I think. What rubbish! (Not your rubbish, of course.)

Top 3 worst UK exports: Mad-cow; Foot-and-mouth; Charlotte Church

tlste...@tpgi.com.au

Nov 8, 2001, 6:05:56 AM11/8/01
In article <4pjG7.188609$5A3.70...@news1.rdc2.pa.home.com>, "Richard
Loeb" <loe...@home.com> wrote:

> He tripped going down a flight of steps at Fricks hunting lodge, grabbed a
> kind of rope banister which gave way from the wall and fell striking his
> head on the stone floor. Thats all - a freak accident and an immeasurable
> loss. This garbage from Germany I just read is really like throwing trash at
> a masterpiece
> "Ron Obvious" <in message news:9scejc$uv9$1...@slb3.atl.mindspring.net...

No, the story by Doris Russell definitely wins the cigar!

--
Cheers!
Terry

A Tsar Is Born

Nov 8, 2001, 7:13:43 AM11/8/01
> > A Los Angeles "psychic" named Doris Russell (or Ross) has written a
"book"
> > about Wunderlich and her romance with him in his afterlife. She touches
on
> > the circumstances of his death. If you are in the mood to read some
really
> > goofy stuff here is the synopsis:
> >
> > Synopsis..................<snipped>

> > If you have read this far and can't live another day without all the
juicy
> > details the whole book is online starting here:
> >
> > http://dorissimo.net/fritzy/
> >
> > Ron Obvious

WHAT AN OPERA THIS WOULD MAKE!

Bits of Baby Doe, Peter Ibbetson, Turn of the Screw, Semele....
And to hear Wunderlich sing it ....!

TRIVIA QUESTION FOR OPERA LOVERS:

In what popular opera is the Comte de St. Germain mentioned, as the source
of the characters' supernatural troubles?
(He was a renowned charlatan in an era famous for them. In the late 20th
century, though, Elizabeth Claire Prophet, the heresiarch from Montana who
had all her followers give her their life savings so that she could build a
vast fallout shelter for them in anticipation of World War III, c. 1994, AND
THEN DID IT WITH THE MONEY, claimed to be receiving a mystic interpretation
of Christianity directly from Saint Germain, whose portrait hung in the home
of friends of mine who succumbed to these teachings.)

Oh, by the way, to keep the ball rolling:

The story I heard is that Gottlob Frick, overcome by jealousy of Fritz's
legato, got him drunk and shoved him down the stairs after dinner....

This was told me at a Chicago Symphony Rheingold at Carnegie Hall. Frick
sang Loge, and the story seemed perfectly believable in context.

Hans Lick
atsar...@hotmail.com

mauriz

Nov 8, 2001, 7:44:19 AM11/8/01
"A Tsar Is Born" <ench...@herodotus.com> schrieb im Newsbeitrag

> TRIVIA QUESTION FOR OPERA LOVERS:
>
> In what popular opera is the Comte de St. Germain mentioned, as the
source
> of the characters' supernatural troubles?

Tschaikowsky's QUEEN OF SPADES. The countess was taught the secret of
the three cards by Saint Germain.

Stephan

John Lynch

Nov 8, 2001, 8:00:32 AM11/8/01

A Tsar Is Born wrote:

> Oh, by the way, to keep the ball rolling:
>
> The story I heard is that Gottlob Frick, overcome by jealousy of Fritz's
> legato, got him drunk and shoved him down the stairs after dinner....
>
> This was told me at a Chicago Symphony Rheingold at Carnegie Hall. Frick
> sang Loge, and the story seemed perfectly believable in context.

Did Frick sing Loge in falsetto?

The story I heard was that they were all drunk at the party and some practical
joker tied Wunderlich's shoelaces together. He fell when he got up to go to the
bathroom.

JRL

daniel f. tritter

Nov 8, 2001, 10:08:58 AM11/8/01

John Lynch wrote:

then how did he get to the stairs? this is pure garbage.

dft

Valfer

Nov 8, 2001, 11:11:12 AM11/8/01
The story went well untill you hit the jackpot with Gotlob Frick a low bass,
singing Loge, a tenor part. Oh, what a tangled web...

The story I got (again from A telling B, who,passed it to C, my friend) was
that the stairs were only about six or seven steps, therefore not requiring
a sturdy handrail. Unfortunately, Wunderlich lost his balance and the
handrail could not hold his weight, therefore the fall.

If Wunderlich had been drunk, or if he had been pushed, or any other such
nonsense, the facts would had surfaced in the investigation. The matter was
ruled an accident.

Whether to believe a "psychic" or a police report, the choice is obvious.

Valfer

"A Tsar Is Born" <ench...@herodotus.com> wrote in message
> [...]

A Tsar Is Born

Nov 8, 2001, 11:43:20 AM11/8/01
"mauriz" <zepp...@telering.at> wrote in message

Silentium, Stephan! I knew YOU knew it! Give the Americans a chance....

Hans

Ron Obvious

Nov 8, 2001, 12:46:50 PM11/8/01

"Valfer" <Val...@email.msn.com> wrote

> The story I got (again from A telling B, who,passed it to C, my friend)
was
> that the stairs were only about six or seven steps, therefore not
requiring
> a sturdy handrail. Unfortunately, Wunderlich lost his balance and the
> handrail could not hold his weight, therefore the fall.
>
> If Wunderlich had been drunk, or if he had been pushed, or any other such
> nonsense, the facts would had surfaced in the investigation. The matter
was
> ruled an accident.
>
> Whether to believe a "psychic" or a police report, the choice is obvious.

Here is an account of the incident by Hubert Giesen who was Fritz's frequent
accompanist. It is from Giesen's autobiography, "Am Fluegel: Hubert Giesen"
:

"It was about three weeks after our last conversation that I received the
news of his death. I want to go into further details because soon after his
death there were the most bizarre rumours going round. (In Vienna, it was
alleged that he had blown his brains out during a game of Russian roulette.
He had gone to visit a hunting friend, a rich industrialist who owned a
house in Oberderdingen near Maulbronn. Fritz Wunderlich not only was an
excellent Porsche driver but also a passionate hunter. When the family and
the other guests retired, Wunderlich also entered his room on the ground
floor, but soon left it again in order to get a book from the library on the
first floor. It was probably therefore that he had slipped his shoes on
again, but had not tightened the laces. When going down the stairs again, he
presumably stepped on one of his shoelaces and therefore stumbled. He
grabbed at the banister that consisted of a thick rope. The rope pulled out
its wall catch and the singer fell headfirst onto the stone floor below. He
seems to have turned round as he fell and hit the back of his head on the
floor. When he was found and taken into hospital in Heidelberg, he was in a
deep coma that he never awoke from."

Ron Obvious

Jcdelotel

Nov 9, 2001, 4:32:18 AM11/9/01
>Whether to believe a "psychic" or a police report, the choice is obvious.
>
>Valfer

You're right! Take the psychic every time!!

James DeLotel

RKBB

Nov 9, 2001, 7:51:06 PM11/9/01
I wasn't too keen to enter into this thread, but I thought I'd add that I
heard it was a hunting accident and the stair story was just a cover
story...got this from a reliable source who was in Manheim at the time.

Richard Loeb

Nov 9, 2001, 8:01:43 PM11/9/01
Another country heard from.......
"RKBB" <rkb...@hotmail.com> wrote in message

Robin

Nov 9, 2001, 8:14:48 PM11/9/01

"RKBB" <rkb...@hotmail.com> wrote

> I wasn't too keen to enter into this thread, but I thought I'd add that I
> heard it was a hunting accident and the stair story was just a cover
> story...got this from a reliable source who was in Manheim at the time.>

There may be a problem here. Accepting that your source may have been in
Mannheim at the time, the accident occurred near Maulbronn and Fritz died in
Heidelberg Hospital. But if your friend has any stock tips I'd be most
interested in seeing them.

Robin

dtritter

Nov 9, 2001, 10:38:40 PM11/9/01

RKBB wrote:

> I wasn't too keen to enter into this thread, but I thought I'd add that I
> heard it was a hunting accident and the stair story was just a cover
> story...got this from a reliable source who was in Manheim at the time.

you would have done better asking one who was there at the hunting
lodge, instead pf gossip from some mannheim german cousin of oliver
stone.

dft

RKBB

Nov 10, 2001, 7:18:18 AM11/10/01
Hey Guys,
Have mercy...I seriously don't give a Rat's butt how Fritz died and under
what circumstances. He's always been one of my favourite tenors and I can't
think of a better Leider singer. Apparently, and I might be wrong, but its
worth checking out, there is a link to a hopital in Mannheim, or a Dr in
Mannheim at the time which confirms the hunting accident theory. I'm not
saying I know, I don't really care...this is why I was reluctent to enter
this thread in the first place. Believe whatever you want, it doesn't alter
the fact he was a great musician.
Incidently my source for this was a conductor working in Mannheim.
All the best,
RKBB

"dtritter" <dtri...@bway.net> wrote in message

RKBB

Nov 10, 2001, 9:27:42 PM11/10/01
I think you're taking this way too seriously and quite frankly I didn't
'want your business' in anycase. Just trying to exchange ideas and add to a
thread which you didn't actually start, but seem to have taken over. The
cover up I refered to was by a local gov' official as to the fact that half
of Fritz's head was missing due to a gun shot wound. Now, this might not be
the case but the evidense offered against it here is just as much a 'rumour'
so who's to say there isn't some truth in it....it pays to keep an open mind
and not try to intimidate people with aggressive replys...
Regards to all,
RKBB

>From: dtritter <dtri...@bway.net>
>To: Richard Brown <rkb...@hotmail.com>
>Subject: Re: Fritz Wunderlich's death
>Date: Sat, 10 Nov 2001 19:28:36 -0500
>

>Richard Brown wrote:
> >
> > Hi,
> > Yes, I had heard that the lodge belonged to Frick as well. I would
definity> agree that there is some kind of cover up. It'll be interesting
to know> whether or not the truth will ever be 'officially' known.
> > Regards,
> > RKBB
>

>agree with whom? sorry, you just lost my business. you have no reason,
>other than a rumor spread by someone who has no inside information to
>believe that there is a truth other than what was found at the time by
>the police. cover up by whom? of what? crapola.
>
>dft

Mark D Lew

Nov 11, 2001, 1:34:09 AM11/11/01
In article <ymlH7.3680$iO5.1...@news.easynews.com>, "RKBB"
<rkb...@hotmail.com> wrote:

> Now, this might not be
> the case but the evidense offered against it here is just as much a 'rumour'
> so who's to say there isn't some truth in it....it pays to keep an open mind

> and not try to intimidate people with aggressive replys....

Tritter isn't trying to intimidate you with aggression; that's just his
natural style. He always writes like that.

His side is NOT "just as much a 'rumour'" as yours. His side is the story
according to the police reports and the official record. No, that does not
qualify as indisputable evidence, but it does deserve the presumption of
accuracy in the absence of any evidence to the contrary. No one in this
thread has provided any such evidence.

[more RKBB in another post]

> [...] Apparently, and I might be wrong, but its

> worth checking out, there is a link to a hopital in Mannheim, or a Dr in
> Mannheim at the time which confirms the hunting accident theory.

Personally, I think that neither "somebody said so" nor "I read it on a web
page" is particularly convincing evidence of anything. But your theory
doesn't even go that far. If I'm understanding this correctly, you are
telling us that some unnamed person told you that there is a web page, but
you yourself have not actually seen the web page (or if you have you're not
sharing with us the URL).

You mention that "it's worth checking out", and yet you don't seem to have
checked it out. Are you waiting for us to do that for you? OK. Google
searches on <"Fritz Wunderlich" + Mannheim + hospital>, <"Fritz Wunderlich"
+ Mannheim + hunting>, and <"Fritz Wunderlich" + Mannheim + accident> all
turn up nothing.

Sounds to me like there's absolutely nothing here. It was perfectly
reasonable for you or the other guy to ask us, "Does anyone know if this is
true?" A few of the posters who answered were a little bit snippy, but you
got the answer to your question: No, it is not true.

mdl

dtritter

Nov 11, 2001, 8:29:28 AM11/11/01

RKBB wrote:

> I think you're taking this way too seriously and quite frankly I didn't
> 'want your business' in anycase. Just trying to exchange ideas and add to a > thread which you didn't actually start, but seem to have taken over. The > cover up I refered to was by a local gov' official as to the fact that half > of Fritz's head was missing due to a gun shot wound. Now, this might not be > the case but the evidense offered against it here is just as much a 'rumour' > so who's to say there isn't some truth in it....it pays to keep an open mind > and not try to intimidate people with aggressive replys...
> Regards to all,
> RKBB

no intimidation intended. curious how 26 years after tjhe death of a
world figure in opera, idle and unfounded rumors like this seem to
surface from people utterly unconnected with the event, in time or in
place ... eagerly trying to prove a negative, wholly unsusceptible to
proof. it's a bit like the old comedian's line: "ya know, george bush
and george forman are really the same person. did ya ever notice ya
never see them in the same place?"
missing half his head? gun shot wound? how long do you suppose that
"factoids" like this would remain missing from public notice,
speculation or questioning? please try not to elevate the absurd to
serious discourse. i don't think that would even get past the editors at
the national inquirer. anybody here seen elvis? or judge crater?

dft

Message has been deleted

bravaconc...@gmail.com

May 9, 2014, 10:18:16 PM5/9/14

mike.sco...@asgardpublishing.co.uk

Sep 17, 2014, 9:28:01 PM9/17/14
Just came across this ancient and quite incredible sequence of rumour-mongering. Couldn't resist putting a word in, just in case some jerk is still spouting such crap, ignoring the most inescapable realities. Do they imagine Wunderlich died in the 19th century, with all this malicious bullshit about cover-ups, sworn secrets etc.? That comes out of cheesy old novels. Do they imagine deaths don't have to be accounted for in Europe these days? Especially the death of anybody that famous? There are always hospital reports, autopsies and god knows what other legal formalities, in Germany more than anywhere. It was the stairs, a fall, nothing more.

And I've seen the stairs in question. They're not short, they're old-fashioned back stairs, narrow and steep and all too easy to fall down and brain yourself. I believe they're shown in the documentary "Fritz Wunderlich: Life & Legend". A melancholy sight, made all the worse by the climate of bullshit surrounding them.

Mike

Willem

Sep 18, 2014, 4:18:54 AM9/18/14
Exactly right - a friend of mine was actually interning at the hospital when they brought in Wunderlich - it was a head injury with internal hemorrhage - a terrible freak accident. No conspiracies, no jealous husband, no falling down drunk ( he had some beers that's all). One of the really great musical tragedies of the last century.

tysonm...@gmail.com

Dec 28, 2014, 9:01:59 PM12/28/14
I spoke with Hermann Prey about 20 years ago and broached the subject of the death. He told me that the two of them were in the lodge together and that Wunderlich was going down the stairs in the dark, reached for the rope rail and missed. He then careened down the stairs in the accident that caused his death. Prey would get very upset at allegations of drunkenness or other such rumors.

marinacarull...@gmail.com

Nov 3, 2015, 6:16:17 AM11/3/15
Non-sense.

chasrho...@gmail.com

Mar 13, 2016, 5:01:54 PM3/13/16
Frick would never have sung Loge. Wrong voice type. And Bass jealous of tenor's legato? Ridiculous!

Willem

Mar 13, 2016, 7:23:28 PM3/13/16
The same stupid ridiculous story gets reposted frequently by the mentally challenged

theo...@gmail.com

Sep 6, 2016, 2:51:04 AM9/6/16
Did you say "Frick sang Loge"??? Not possible. Frick could no more sing Loge than he could sing Freia, and for similar reasons.

bigj...@gmail.com

Feb 16, 2017, 12:34:08 AM2/16/17
On Thursday, November 8, 2001 at 8:00:32 AM UTC-5, John Lynch wrote:
> A Tsar Is Born wrote:
>
> > Oh, by the way, to keep the ball rolling:
> >
> > The story I heard is that Gottlob Frick, overcome by jealousy of Fritz's
> > legato, got him drunk and shoved him down the stairs after dinner....
> >
> > This was told me at a Chicago Symphony Rheingold at Carnegie Hall. Frick
> > sang Loge, and the story seemed perfectly believable in context.
> >

> Did Frick sing Loge in falsetto?

Obviously false, Loge is a tenor role, Frick deep basso.

Lili Stojanov

Apr 29, 2017, 11:03:46 PM4/29/17
On Wednesday, November 7, 2001 at 6:03:31 PM UTC-5, Ron Obvious wrote:
> "H.Guenther" <HGuent...@aol.com> wrote in message
> > I'm a little bit surprised, that obviously nobody mentioned another
> > theory about Wunderlich's death, which was told to me as a rumour from
> > a well-known south-american tenor a couple of years ago and which I've
> > found "confirmed" (whatever it could mean) by some "opera-insiders"
> > with contacts to former colleagues of F.W. According to that rumour he
> > had been quite a womanizer (if wanted it could be found between the
> > lines in some interviews, "most intensive life in every aspect") and a
> > jealous husband had "something to do" with the bizarre circumstances
> > of his death. Does anybody know more about this theory?
> > I'm just curious and it is of course not my intention to insult
> > anybody of F.W's family with that message.
> > H.Guenther, Germany>
>
> A Los Angeles "psychic" named Doris Russell (or Ross) has written a "book"
> about Wunderlich and her romance with him in his afterlife. She touches on
> the circumstances of his death. If you are in the mood to read some really
> goofy stuff here is the synopsis:
>
> If you have read this far and can't live another day without all the juicy
> details the whole book is online starting here:
>
> http://dorissimo.net/fritzy/
>
> Ron Obvious

Hello, this sounds so bizarre I would like to read it?

Is it still available anywhere and/or do you have a copy? The site appears to have been taken down.

do...@gmx.de

May 16, 2017, 4:31:25 AM5/16/17
Oh dear... the stuff on this site is incredible, rumours are flourishing. I'm glad there are some reasonable people- further more, people who know facts.
I have read a lot about FW, and for me, one thing is clear: he has had a happy and fulfilled life. Of course he's had his own deamons and traumata, like almost everyone. He was afraid of being alone, often he felt driven. But to claim that his life would have been "shabby and sordid" is nonsense. He has been surrounded by people who loved him. He was very charismatic, but there's no reason to invent bizarre stories of jealousy. He was sensitive and reasonable, too.
By the way, as a teen I tried to use a ouija-board, together with some other fellow pupils. This is gross, it can leed to psychic instability. The "contacs" we got were really rude. They can claim to be anybody. If you are clever, you stay away from such "spirits".

hansh...@gmail.com

Jun 6, 2017, 5:56:06 PM6/6/17
Since I am one of the only people in this horrible conversation who does know the true facts I thank you for your comment.

Mystica

Nov 3, 2017, 2:08:43 PM11/3/17
Am Mittwoch, 7. November 2001 17:53:18 UTC+1 schrieb Donald Collup:
> In article <a8a40ebe.01110...@posting.google.com>,
> HGuent...@aol.com (H.Guenther) wrote:
>
> > I'm a little bit surprised, that obviously nobody mentioned another
> > theory about Wunderlich's death, which was told to me as a rumour from
> > a well-known south-american tenor a couple of years ago and which I've
> > found "confirmed" (whatever it could mean) by some "opera-insiders"
> > with contacts to former colleagues of F.W. According to that rumour he
> > had been quite a womanizer (if wanted it could be found between the
> > lines in some interviews, "most intensive life in every aspect") and a
> > jealous husband had "something to do" with the bizarre circumstances
> > of his death. Does anybody know more about this theory?
> > I'm just curious and it is of course not my intention to insult
> > anybody of F.W's family with that message.
> > H.Guenther, Germany
>
> This sounds far removed, but I trust my source. I heard this from A who
> heard it from B who heard it from C who was at the party at Gottlob
> Frick's hunting lodge and felt eight years ago that enough time had
> passed to tell the truth. Intoxicated, FW made a pass at Mme. Hotter.
> Thereby, Mrs. Hotter's husband punched him, tripped over a garbage can
> and fell down the slate steps. Apparently, all who were there, including
> Prey, vowed they would never reveal the story as it would obciously
> destroy the reputation of Mrs. Hotter's husband.
>
> --
> Donald Collup
> http://www.collup.com

LOL .... Stille Post.

falkenh...@gmail.com

Oct 20, 2018, 10:45:47 AM10/20/18
On Thursday, November 8, 2001 at 5:08:58 PM UTC+2, daniel f. tritter wrote:
> John Lynch wrote:
>
> > A Tsar Is Born wrote:
> >
> > > Oh, by the way, to keep the ball rolling:
> > >
> > > The story I heard is that Gottlob Frick, overcome by jealousy of Fritz's
> > > legato, got him drunk and shoved him down the stairs after dinner....
> > >
> > > This was told me at a Chicago Symphony Rheingold at Carnegie Hall. Frick
> > > sang Loge, and the story seemed perfectly believable in context.
> > >

> > Did Frick sing Loge in falsetto?
> >
> > The story I heard was that they were all drunk at the party and some practical
> > joker tied Wunderlich's shoelaces together. He fell when he got up to go to the
> > bathroom.
> >
> > JRL
>
> then how did he get to the stairs? this is pure garbage.
>
> dft

gggg...@gmail.com

Dec 11, 2018, 5:36:11 PM12/11/18
On Wednesday, November 7, 2001 at 3:33:46 AM UTC-10, H.Guenther wrote:
> I'm a little bit surprised, that obviously nobody mentioned another
> theory about Wunderlich's death, which was told to me as a rumour from
> a well-known south-american tenor a couple of years ago and which I've
> found "confirmed" (whatever it could mean) by some "opera-insiders"
> with contacts to former colleagues of F.W. According to that rumour he
> had been quite a womanizer (if wanted it could be found between the
> lines in some interviews, "most intensive life in every aspect") and a
> jealous husband had "something to do" with the bizarre circumstances
> of his death. Does anybody know more about this theory?
> I'm just curious and it is of course not my intention to insult
> anybody of F.W's family with that message.
> H.Guenther, Germany

His greatest German recordings:

http://operawire.com/fritz-wunderlichs-greatest-german-recordings/

gggg...@gmail.com

Dec 12, 2018, 4:00:51 PM12/12/18

gggg...@gmail.com

Feb 23, 2019, 11:13:43 PM2/23/19
On Wednesday, November 7, 2001 at 3:33:46 AM UTC-10, H.Guenther wrote:
> I'm a little bit surprised, that obviously nobody mentioned another
> theory about Wunderlich's death, which was told to me as a rumour from
> a well-known south-american tenor a couple of years ago and which I've
> found "confirmed" (whatever it could mean) by some "opera-insiders"
> with contacts to former colleagues of F.W. According to that rumour he
> had been quite a womanizer (if wanted it could be found between the
> lines in some interviews, "most intensive life in every aspect") and a
> jealous husband had "something to do" with the bizarre circumstances
> of his death. Does anybody know more about this theory?
> I'm just curious and it is of course not my intention to insult
> anybody of F.W's family with that message.
> H.Guenther, Germany

(23 September 2017 radio program on Wunderlich):

http://lottelehmannleague.org/singing-sins-archive/

kathleen....@gmail.com

Nov 29, 2019, 6:14:00 PM11/29/19
On Wednesday, November 7, 2001 at 4:00:17 PM UTC+2, dtritter wrote:
> "H.Guenther" wrote:
> >
> > I'm a little bit surprised, that obviously nobody mentioned another
> > theory about Wunderlich's death, which was told to me as a rumour from
> > a well-known south-american tenor a couple of years ago and which I've
> > found "confirmed" (whatever it could mean) by some "opera-insiders"
> > with contacts to former colleagues of F.W. According to that rumour he
> > had been quite a womanizer (if wanted it could be found between the
> > lines in some interviews, "most intensive life in every aspect") and a
> > jealous husband had "something to do" with the bizarre circumstances
> > of his death. Does anybody know more about this theory?
> > I'm just curious and it is of course not my intention to insult
> > anybody of F.W's family with that message.
> > H.Guenther, Germany
>

> oh jeezis, more "insider" shit. an old friend who was also a tenor and a
> student of the same woman who was wunderlich's teacher got the word the
> folloewing day. wunderlich was an avid hunter and was on a short holiday
> at a hunting lodge, had dinner, including a couple of beers, went off to
> bed, was on a staircase, turned to say goopd night to a friend below,
> had his hand on an iron rail attached to a stone wall, and the rail
> pulled out of its mooring, and he fell and struck his head, fatally, on
> the steps. never a whisper about womanizing, a husband or any other
> crap. 36 years later, who's around to confirm it all? this all sounds
> like oliver stone conspiracy shit. will it never end?
>
> dft

This is exactly as I got it, Theories of someones death so many years later smack me like old wives tales. it is irritating.

Michael Tilley

Aug 28, 2023, 12:41:33 PM8/28/23
I was involved with the Summit Lighthouse in my youth and no-one ever asked me to give my life savings. In fact, I offered to do so, and asked Elizabeth to tell me what to do with my 19 year old life and received a letter back stating that she would not do so, and that the process of free will choice of your life's path was essential in developing discernment and following the path of Christ, so I think you are full of something. Never heard of this Doris Russell, but ouija and all forms of psychicism were strictly verboten.

I believe the trivia question is Queen of Spades?