OT - Katrina Victim Relief Fund

1 view

donpaolo

Aug 30, 2005, 6:42:37 PM8/30/05
Does anyone know of a legitimate relief fund for the victims of Hurricane
Katrina? I just watched the evening news & the devastation is
indescribable. My heart goes out to these unfortunate fellow Americans.

DonPaolo

David Melnick

Aug 30, 2005, 6:53:42 PM8/30/05

Thanks for starting this thread.

There is always

http://www.redcross.org/

dav, who learned to swim in a Red Cross program -- remember
"tadpoles"?

EvelynVogtGamble(Divamanque)

Aug 30, 2005, 9:00:42 PM8/30/05

Well, there's always the Red Cross!

> DonPaolo

Leonard Tillman

Aug 30, 2005, 11:20:32 PM8/30/05

EvelynVogtGamble(Divamanque)

Aug 31, 2005, 11:23:28 AM8/31/05

EvelynVogtGamble(Divamanque) wrote:

Although I'm considering the SPCA's disaster relief division
- a great many evacuees (including all those who chose the
Superdome) were forced to abandon their pets. In addition
to their own misery, they are probably worried sick about
their four-footed family members. Most dogs (and even most
cats, if forced to) can swim, but that's not much help in
flood conditions, even when they're less severe than this.

Carlo Handelmani, basso-baritono fantastico

Sep 1, 2005, 2:01:38 AM9/1/05
Yes...1-800helpnow.

I sent 100 bucks..If I can buy all those dumb cd's,I can surely help my
fellow citizens...CH

JAG...@aol.com

Sep 1, 2005, 1:01:23 PM9/1/05

Carlo Handelmani, faux basso-baritono wrote:

> I sent 100 bucks..
well, isn't that special. Careful that those starched drawers don't
give your crotch terminal chafe. It would be a hoot if Katrina's first
opera clown victim would be you. JAG

La Donna Mobile

Sep 1, 2005, 2:49:25 PM9/1/05
Hey, did you guys have an appeal to pay to send all the poor black
people off to die in Iraq? Or do you just have one to have half-hearted
belated search and rescue of the poor black people stranded in Louisiana
and Mississippi?

donpaolo wrote:

--
http://www.madmusingsof.me.uk/weblog/
http://www.geraldine-curtis.me.uk/photoblog/

Leonard Tillman

Sep 1, 2005, 3:16:34 PM9/1/05

A Milestone for La Dorka Moe-Bile, -

Actually on a level with Le Pedophoole Bollmann's "wit and wisdumb" that
we're accustomed to, - pure and unadulterated garbage, - and frankly
it's no surprise whatsoever, considering the source:

(the REAL) ladonnamobile@REMOVEbrixton.
fsworld.co.uk (La Donna Mobile)

donpaolo

Sep 1, 2005, 6:24:07 PM9/1/05
Thank you, Charlie - (now, your detractors will probably kvetch that you
ought to have given more). I called the # this afternoon & pledged my
offering to the the national disaster relief program, just so the $$ goes to
people in our country who have been uprooted.

DonPaolo

"Carlo Handelmani, basso-baritono fantastico" <Plac...@aol.com> wrote in
message news:1125551697.7...@g14g2000cwa.googlegroups.com...

Pavel314

Sep 1, 2005, 9:41:57 PM9/1/05

"donpaolo" <donp...@erols.com> wrote in message
The Southern Baptist Relief Fund mentioned in http://www.scrappleface.com/
sounds like a good group. Also try the Red Cross or Salvation Army websites.

Paul

Pavel314

Sep 1, 2005, 9:49:53 PM9/1/05
"La Donna Mobile" <ladonn...@REMOVEbrixton.fsworld.co.uk> wrote in
message news:df7ifl$h2m$1...@nwrdmz02.dmz.ncs.ea.ibs-infra.bt.com...

> Hey, did you guys have an appeal to pay to send all the poor black people
> off to die in Iraq? Or do you just have one to have half-hearted belated
> search and rescue of the poor black people stranded in Louisiana and
> Mississippi?

If you pay attention to the newscasts, you'll see that it's mainly White
people fighting in Iraq. We take lots of young Black men into our army to
keep them off the streets of our cities but when real fighting needs to be
done, they're useless; we keep them at bases in Okinawa or Berlin so they
don't get in the way.

Many of your "poor Black people stranded in Louisiana" are shooting at the
relief helicopters when they're not looting liquor stores; too bad the
levees didn't break sooner and wash them into the Gulf.

Leonard Tillman

Sep 1, 2005, 10:17:52 PM9/1/05
La dorky immobile appears to have met her match. (Alas).

LT

premie...@aol.com

Sep 1, 2005, 10:37:43 PM9/1/05
The Southern Baptist Relief Fund mentioned in
http://www.scrappleface.com/
sounds like a good group. Also try the Red Cross or Salvation Army
websites.

Paul

I think that the Red Cross should get their act together from a web
point of view.

I went to their site to make a donation, and after clicking on "donate"
a page comes up saying "this site can't be found." I then went to
another Red Cross Site specifically dedicated for the hurricane
victims, and the exact same thing happened. Has any one else had this
experience.

So I will try again tomorrow, unless somebody can tell me how to get it
done tonight. Or I will call the phone number given.

Ed

La Donna Mobile

Sep 2, 2005, 8:07:39 AM9/2/05

premie...@aol.com wrote:

It might be that their server can't cope with the volume of traffic

donpaolo

Sep 2, 2005, 11:40:37 AM9/2/05
I succeeded with the 800# that Charlie provided. Make your donation by
pressing buttons as instructed & entering the information requested, rather
than waiting to speak to a "live" representative. It was somewhat diffucult
getting through, which is a good sing in that people are apparently
responding to this crisis.

DonPaolo
<premie...@aol.com> wrote in message

EvelynVogtGamble(Divamanque)

Sep 2, 2005, 3:07:02 PM9/2/05

premie...@aol.com wrote:

> I went to their site to make a donation, and after clicking on "donate"
> a page comes up saying "this site can't be found." I then went to
> another Red Cross Site specifically dedicated for the hurricane
> victims, and the exact same thing happened. Has any one else had this
> experience.
>
> So I will try again tomorrow, unless somebody can tell me how to get it
> done tonight. Or I will call the phone number given.

Is it possible it was simply overloaded with people trying
to contact it?

La Donna Mobile

Sep 2, 2005, 6:11:48 PM9/2/05
I would have thought it a moral obligation to loot for food and water under the circumstances; I know I would. And I think I would probably do the liquor store, too. Probably more bearable to be comatose through inebriation, besides it staves off the hunger pains. Just seen a white (Scottish) doctor on the TV news, describing how a team of doctors in New Orleans for a conference on infectious diseases carried out an armed raid on a pharmacy. Illegal, but were they wrong.

Meanwhile, Fox News is full of Good News and bible-bashing. They don't seem to be showing the very elderly people evacuated from a care home to the Superdome, or the parents of newborn babies. In fact, I would go so far as to say that Fox News's reporting is morally bankrupt.

I know it shouldn't be mentioned, and 99.99999% of the population of the West would find this thought repugnant, but is anyone taking in relief supplies of crack and heroin? And, if so, has anybody considered how it could be safely distributed?

Leonard Tillman

Sep 2, 2005, 6:53:25 PM9/2/05
>I would probably do the liquor store, too.
> Probably more bearable to be comatose
> through inebriation

But you're already accustomed to that, as is our "vocal mentor" of
Boll-tone 'fame". The latter's beverage-choice is,
however...<ahem>...er.... not exactly "liquor", in the technical sense,
n'est ce pas?

LT

vissida...@gmail.com

Sep 3, 2005, 12:10:21 AM9/3/05
now, your detractors will probably kvetch that you
ought to have given more). I called the # this afternoon & pledged my
offering to the the national disaster relief program, just so the $$
goes to
people in our country who have been uprooted.

My "detractors" are totally insignificant in my life,and in the lives
of nice people here..and of ciourse when you look at the tremendous
suffering endured by those poor people.....the insanity and stupidity
here on the part of the few people are even more insignificant.
I would wonder if these people gave a penny to the relief
fund.....CH