Who is Dashiell Rae?

Jan-Olov ]gren

Sep 28, 1993, 7:13:46 AM9/28/93
I recently bought a second hand LP album by Dashiell Rae. It's called
"Songs Without Words" and is on the Coda label (NAGE 4). It is part of
the Landscape new age series which was release some years ago. The series
includes albums by among others Claire Hamill, Tom Newman, Tim Cross and
Rick Wakeman. I've found several of these albums, all the ones mentioned
plus some more and found them all very nice.

I was wondering, does anyone know anything about Dashiell Rae. Any information
about this pianist would be interesting. I hope maybe someone from the UK
reads this since after all Coda was (is?) a UK based label.

Thanks,

Jan-Olov

Jan-Olov Agren Home: +46 920-118 26 | The problem with this
Erisoft AB Company: +46 920-427 00 | world is that the stu-
Box 920 Direct: +46 920-427 47 | pid are so sure and the
S-971 28 LULEA Fax: +46 920-975 45 | wise so full of doubts
SWEDEN E-mail: Jan-Olov.Agren@ |
lu.erisoft.se | Bertrand Russell

James Macnicol

Oct 4, 1993, 12:55:11 AM10/4/93
In article <1993Sep28.1...@lu.erisoft.se>, ja...@lu.erisoft.se
(Jan-Olov ]gren) wrote:

> I recently bought a second hand LP album by Dashiell Rae. It's called
> "Songs Without Words" and is on the Coda label (NAGE 4). It is part of
> the Landscape new age series which was release some years ago. The series
> includes albums by among others Claire Hamill, Tom Newman, Tim Cross and
> Rick Wakeman. I've found several of these albums, all the ones mentioned
> plus some more and found them all very nice.
>
> I was wondering, does anyone know anything about Dashiell Rae. Any information
> about this pianist would be interesting. I hope maybe someone from the UK
> reads this since after all Coda was (is?) a UK based label.
>
> Thanks,

I tried to get Rick Wakeman's 'Country Airs', which is the first of
a trilogy of New Age piano solo albums, some time ago. I was told by
someone
who seemed to know (he knew this off the top of his head) that the label
had
gone bust and all of its albums out of print. If you want some of
Wakeman's
work, then the second and third albums of similar music are called "Sea
Airs"
and "Night Airs" respectively and are on the French record label President.
They are available here in Australia, so they should be avaiable
elsewhere.

But isn't Dashiell Rae a vocalist, and uses overdubbed voices as the
sole "instrument" on that album??

--
-------------------------------------
James Macnicol

Jan-Olov ]gren

Oct 4, 1993, 6:55:01 AM10/4/93
In article 041093...@150.203.102.22, J.Mac...@student.anu.edu.au (James Macnicol) writes:
>In article <1993Sep28.1...@lu.erisoft.se>, ja...@lu.erisoft.se
>(Jan-Olov ]gren) wrote:
>
>> I recently bought a second hand LP album by Dashiell Rae. It's called
>> "Songs Without Words" and is on the Coda label (NAGE 4). It is part of
>> the Landscape new age series which was release some years ago. The series
>> includes albums by among others Claire Hamill, Tom Newman, Tim Cross and
>> Rick Wakeman. I've found several of these albums, all the ones mentioned
>> plus some more and found them all very nice.
>>
>> I was wondering, does anyone know anything about Dashiell Rae. Any information
>> about this pianist would be interesting. I hope maybe someone from the UK
>> reads this since after all Coda was (is?) a UK based label.
>>
>> Thanks,
>

> I tried to get Rick Wakeman's 'Country Airs', which is the first of
>a trilogy of New Age piano solo albums, some time ago. I was told by someone
>who seemed to know (he knew this off the top of his head) that the label had
>gone bust and all of its albums out of print. If you want some of Wakeman's
>work, then the second and third albums of similar music are called "Sea Airs"
>and "Night Airs" respectively and are on the French record label President.
>They are available here in Australia, so they should be avaiable
>elsewhere.

Yes, the label doesn't exist any more. I've been told that too. I've bought all
of my albums from this label second hand except perhaps for the Rick Wakeman
album, which was my first Coda Landscape series release. I'll look for the other
two but I'm afraid that availability in Australia doesn't always imply availability
in Sweden :-(!

>But isn't Dashiell Rae a vocalist, and uses overdubbed voices as the
>sole "instrument" on that album??

As I said, I have bought the Dashiell Rae album and know perfectly well that
she (?) is a pianist. I think you might be thinking of Claire Hamill's album
"Voices", which is also part of the Landscape series. She uses only overdubbed
voices and creates a very original album. Recommended!

Regards,

Jan-Olov

PS. Still noone knows anything about Dashiell Rae? Where does she come from?
Is this her debut album? Has she recorded anything after this one?

Jan-Olov Agren Home: +46 920-118 26 | The problem with this
Erisoft AB Company: +46 920-427 00 | world is that the stu-
Box 920 Direct: +46 920-427 47 | pid are so sure and the
S-971 28 LULEA Fax: +46 920-975 45 | wise so full of doubts
SWEDEN |

E-mail: Jan-Olo...@lu.erisoft.se | Bertrand Russell

Message has been deleted

hildma...@gmail.com

Jul 7, 2018, 5:11:38 PM7/7/18
She sings with womak on teardrops.
There is a video of the recording.

Check you tube

hildma...@gmail.com

Jul 7, 2018, 5:12:12 PM7/7/18
Oij

nerdx...@gmail.com

Oct 31, 2018, 6:44:00 AM10/31/18
She is that gorgeous blonde gal who sings backups on Womack and Womack's smash hit "Teardrops". Check the vid. It's amazing she isn't more popular.

powe...@gmail.com

Nov 2, 2018, 11:01:51 PM11/2/18
Mystery woman - I can't find out anything about her!

davidw...@gmail.com

Jan 16, 2019, 8:15:31 AM1/16/19

davidw...@gmail.com

Jan 16, 2019, 8:17:42 AM1/16/19
On Tuesday, September 28, 1993 at 9:13:46 PM UTC+10, Jan-Olov ]gren wrote:
dID YOU EVER FIND OUT ANYTHING ABOUT DASHIEL RAE PLEASE
dAVID

dav...@sky.com

May 16, 2019, 5:40:31 PM5/16/19
Dashiel Rae won several awards for her music contribution on films like Gladiator

kimit...@gmail.com

Jul 10, 2019, 9:03:55 AM7/10/19
On Tuesday, 28 September 1993 12:13:46 UTC+1, Jan-Olov ]gren wrote:
Yepp Ime her Dad***

capo...@outlook.com

Jul 9, 2020, 4:10:07 PM7/9/20
She is US born but lives in the UK near London. Lives a quiet life in the ‘burbs. Incredibly talented multi instrumentalist and multi linguist. She came up with the idea of the iconic female melancholic voice on the track “The Wheat” on Gladiator and was Music Editor for the film. Loves dogs. Still as beautiful today as she was in those Womack videos...literally...she hasn’t changed a bit. Last saw her in Kew about 3 years ago. Totally miss her.
Message has been deleted
Message has been deleted

MASA

Oct 6, 2020, 9:11:20 AM10/6/20
capo...@outlook.com schrieb am Donnerstag, 9. Juli 2020 um 22:10:07 UTC+2:
> She is US born but lives in the UK near London. Lives a quiet life in the ‘burbs. Incredibly talented multi instrumentalist and multi linguist. She came up with the idea of the iconic female melancholic voice on the track “The Wheat” on Gladiator and was Music Editor for the film. Loves dogs. Still as beautiful today as she was in those Womack videos...literally...she hasn’t changed a bit. Last saw her in Kew about 3 years ago. Totally miss her.

https://youtu.be/aDMfazBO5ms
Message has been deleted
Message has been deleted