Wendy Carlos bio and movie scores (article)

jgro...@gmail.com

Dec 1, 2022, 11:05:44 PM12/1/22
Greetings,

In the latest issue of Perfect Sound Forever <https://www.furious.com/perfect/index1222.html>, you'll find (among other things):

WENDY CARLOS
What the synth pioneer's bio tells us, by Julian George
"The soundtrack of my Wonder Bread years, and a hot topic of conversation, Switched-On, in suburban salons across the nation. Never mind 'authenticity' or 'original performance' -- were the 'Smart People' listening to Switched-On? Was it 'in' with 'The In-Crowd'? Was it chic, or was it crass? And if crass, whatever next, Bach on a Strat? A kazoo? QED, PDQ. Ah, but they'd say one thing and do another, the grown-ups, switching on Switched-On soon as they got home, they couldn't get enough of that Lutheran rag, so elegant, so intelligent."

We're always looking for good writers and/or ideas so let us know if you have anything to share.

See you online,
Jason