Fabio Nicoli and Rick Wakeman

The Master

Mar 30, 1989, 9:34:02 AM3/30/89

>Rick Wakeman dedicated his "Criminal Record" album to Fabio Nicoli (or is it
>Niccoli?) Who is/was Fabio Nicoli? What's his claim to musical immortality?

I believe he and Rick were good friends and Nicoli did most of the art
direction for Rick's albums, even going back to his days with The Strawbs.
I think Nicoli died shortly before "Criminal Record" came out; my info on
this is sketchy at best. I'll see if I can get any further on it...

Dave White
"I would not love you if I understood you;
I do not want to behold your face.
I'm comprehending; I'm contented
Knowing my station and my place" - Rick Wakeman's "1984"

marty...@gmail.com

Dec 3, 2014, 5:19:41 AM12/3/14
I was Fabio's partner for 4 yrs in 1970-74 and ran Hewson, Rose & Nicoli which was one of the leading creative boutiques at the time in London. I then went on to a long and wonderful career in 14 countries(still at it!). Sadly Fabio is not around as none of us knew about his weak heart and he did like to party. He died after returning from a Stones party in Spain at his Chelsea flat. Everyone liked Fabio - who after leaving us formed Fabio Nicoli associates then joining A&M Records as Creative Director.

Martyn Rose