Sarah McLachlan kids album?

1 view

David Dalton

Dec 14, 2022, 11:01:40 PM12/14/22
Of course we are all eagerly awaiting a new Sarah McLachlan
studio album of original songs, expected in 2023.

But she has also released two excellent Christmas albums,
Wintersong and Wonderland, and I think a compilation
from those entitled Sarah Mclachlan’s Classic Christmas
Album, also including her collaboration on God Bless You
Merry Gentlemen with The Barenaked Ladies.

And I think, given that many of her long term fans are now
older and have children, that she could quickly release
an album of children’s music and that many of her fans
would buy it (I would for my great niece and great
nephews).

"I gaze upon the Cold Moon; 'Til the stars drown in the warm sea
And the bright eyes of my darling are never on me" (Traditional)

David Dalton

Dec 18, 2022, 12:35:18 AM12/18/22
In article <0001HW.294AD3A200...@88.198.57.247>,
David Dalton <dal...@nfld.com> wrote:

> Of course we are all eagerly awaiting a new Sarah McLachlan
> studio album of original songs, expected in 2023.
>
> But she has also released two excellent Christmas albums,
> Wintersong and Wonderland, and I think a compilation
> from those entitled Sarah Mclachlan’s Classic Christmas
> Album, also including her collaboration on God Bless You
> Merry Gentlemen with The Barenaked Ladies.
>
> And I think, given that many of her long term fans are now
> older and have children, that she could quickly release
> an album of children’s music and that many of her fans
> would buy it (I would for my great niece and great
> nephews).

I also think that Sarah could quickly make a folk album
produced by my friend Jim Fidler, with Jim also
playing some instruments and enlisting some of
his world class friends to play others (now that
a collaboration with The Chieftains seems unlikely).
That would give her an excuse to visit me.

"Don't get me wrong; If you say hello and I take a ride; Upon a sea where
the mystic moon Is playing havoc with the tide" (The Pretenders)

David Dalton

Dec 31, 2022, 12:31:33 AM12/31/22
One other "side project" that Sarah could do would
be an album of duets. Who would you like to hear
her sing a duet with?

"And now the angry morning; Gives the early signs of warning; You must face
alone the plans you make; Decisions they will try to break" (S. McLachlan)