Naar het eerste ongelezen bericht

Jeremy Medows

ongelezen,
5 sep 1995 03:00:0005-09-1995
aan
[ Article crossposted from alt.rock-n-roll ]
[ Author was Jeremy Medows ]
[ Posted on 2 Sep 1995 03:03:58 GMT ]

Hello,
I am now starting to get very interested in Rock and Roll Music. I
would like to know what you guys consider the Greatest Rock albums ever.

So far, the classics which I have heard about are:
Beach Boys -- Pet Sounds (my favorite album!)
The Beatles -- Sgt. Pepper (I didn't care for this for some reason)

Some others which I think deserve classic status (do they?)
Eagles -- Hotel California
Van Morrison Moondance
U2-- Joshua Tree

anything else? please, help me out. i would like to start a decent cd
collection, and the best way to do that would be to buy the best albums.
I am not that interested in Greatest Hits albums. I like to see how the
group put together their best stuff under 1 title and see the theme that
connects them (like Sgt Pepper and Pet Sounds)

Jeremy
jrm...@is.nyu.edu

Harry S. Anchan

ongelezen,
5 sep 1995 03:00:0005-09-1995
aan
On 5 Sep 1995, Jeremy Medows wrote:

> Hello,
> I am now starting to get very interested in Rock and Roll Music. I
> would like to know what you guys consider the Greatest Rock albums ever.
>

> anything else? please, help me out. i would like to start a decent cd
> collection, and the best way to do that would be to buy the best albums.
> I am not that interested in Greatest Hits albums. I like to see how the
> group put together their best stuff under 1 title and see the theme that
> connects them (like Sgt Pepper and Pet Sounds)
>
> Jeremy
> jrm...@is.nyu.edu

"Abbey Road"/"Magical mystery tour"/"Revolver" - Beatles
"Band on the run" - Wings
"Cosmos factory"/"Willie and the ppor boys" - CCR
"Bridge over troubled water" - Simon & Garfunkel
"Songs in the key of life" - Stevie Wonder
"Minstrel in the gallery"/"Living in the past" - Jethro Tull
"In search of the lost chord"/"Question of balance" - Moody Blues
"Cargo" - Men at Work
"Fly like an eagle" - Steve Miller Band
"The captain and me" - Doobie Brothers
"Sundown" - Gordon Lightfoot
"Ozark Mountain Daredevils" - Ozark Mountain Daredevils
"Dark side of the moon"/"Wish you were here" - Pink Floyd
"Eye in the sky" -Alan Parsons
"Born in the U.S.A." - Bruce Springsteen
"Ghost in the machine"/"Synchronicity" - The Police
"Graceland" - Paul Simon
"Songs from the big chair" - Tears for Fears
"Unforgettable Fire" - U2
"Nine tonight" - Bob Seger
"Tour de Force" - 38 Special
"Hot rocks" - Rolling Stones

...and many more of my favourites.

Though you are not crazy about "Greatest Hits" compilations, I just have
to include any GH compliation by Elvis, and Cliff Richard.

-- Harry

I love Gary Owens, Robert W. Morgan, Charlie Tuna, Rick Dees, Larry Lujack,
Murray the 'K', B. Mitchell Reed, Bob Eubanks, Jerry G. Bishop, Dick Biondi,
Casey Kasem, Dick Clark, Dr. Don Rose, and the Great Wolfman Jack.
Radio, the way it should always be!

Anne C. Davis

ongelezen,
5 sep 1995 03:00:0005-09-1995
aan
IMHO, the album that gets first, second and third place is Who's Next. I'm
_still_ waiting for something to come close to this album. Too bad the CD
still has so much hiss in it, though.

David S Stein

ongelezen,
5 sep 1995 03:00:0005-09-1995
aan
How about the most classic album of them all, The Dark Side of the Moon. 700+
weeks in a row on the billboard top 200 albums chart. And I think its the 4th
best selling album ever. Well, all Pink Floyds albums are classics.
Also Led Zed Zeppelin 4, The doors - greatest hits, and Jimi Hendrix - are you
experienced.
Check them out. Its great music!

matt

Jeroen Smeets

ongelezen,
6 sep 1995 03:00:0006-09-1995
aan
Randy Newman - Sail away
Land of dreams

Tom Waits - Swordfishtrombones
Small change

Elvis Costello - Spike

- Jeroen.

Harry S. Anchan

ongelezen,
6 sep 1995 03:00:0006-09-1995
aan

Hit me! How could I forget that one that I played to destruction in the
early 70's.:( A tour de force, nothing less. I turn it up LOUD on
"Baba O' Riley", especially on the piano intro!

Unicorn

ongelezen,
8 sep 1995 03:00:0008-09-1995
aan
Queen's _A Night at the Opera_ should definitely be on the list.

--
Sheri Hurt <uni...@rt66.com>
"Though the road seems never ending

Turunen Mikko

ongelezen,
8 sep 1995 03:00:0008-09-1995
aan
This is my all-time top 3:

Tom Petty and the Heartbreakers: Damn the Torpedoes
Bruce Springsteen: Born to Run
AC/DC: Highway to Hell

Mikko Turunen (tur...@ae.tut.fi)

Allen beantwoorden