Turn of Century Music Hall Tunes

Mcdud

Mar 12, 1995, 1:18:05 AM3/12/95
I am trying to locate the sheet music to three American/English popular
music hall tunes from approximately 1885-1905. The songs are:
1- "My idea of a girl" words and music by Reg Low.
2- "The First Cigar," words and music by Corney Grain.
3- "The world Went Very Well Then," words by Mel B. Spurr, music by Bond
Andrews.

Any help would be appreciated. Thanks.

Ross Boyle

Apr 15, 2022, 5:53:24 PMApr 15
Hi there! I know that this is nearly thirty years too late, and probably no use to you now. However I couldn't leave someone hanging on something with an answer. But I have the sheet music for two of these numbers.
The First Cigar is here (https://imslp.org/wiki/The_First_Cigar_(Grain,_Corney))
The World Went Very Well Then is here (https://imslp.org/wiki/The_World_Went_Very_Well_Then_(Andrews%2C_Bond))

All three are English music hall songs. Both Grain and Spurr was society entertainers at the piano, which would see someone singing their own songs accompanying themselves at the piano. Their material was mostly humorous songs, however Spurr did partake in some serious monologues at the piano. An entertainment that went back to the Georgians period, it's still seen today without the name.

I hope they are some use to you. Thanks!

Very best wishes.

-Ross