CDnow! Grand Opening

5 views
Skip to first unread message

Cdnow

unread,
Aug 26, 1994, 5:49:02 PM8/26/94
to
CDnow! announces the grand opening of a new Internet music store.
Available via telnet and WWW, CDnow! sells 150,000 CDs, cassettes and
mini-discs, with standard 4-6 day delivery. That's more than any other
store, anywhere.

CDnow! was built by music lovers for music lovers. We have developed a
sophisticated interface which makes searching a breeze. In Classical, we
have a powerful searching engine which makes it easy to find exactly what
you are looking for. Most of our popular albums have All-Music Guide
reviews and song lists to help you decide if you want the album.

We would like to invite you to try out CDnow! for yourselves. We hope
that you enjoy using it as much as we have enjoyed building it.

To get to CDnow!, "telnet cdnow.com" or "http://cdnow.com". See you here.

Steve Wechsler

unread,
Aug 29, 1994, 12:48:52 PM8/29/94
to
In article <33lo0e$n...@search01.news.aol.com>, Cdnow <cd...@aol.com> wrote:
>CDnow! announces the grand opening of a new Internet music store.
>Available via telnet and WWW, CDnow! sells 150,000 CDs, cassettes and
>mini-discs, with standard 4-6 day delivery. That's more than any other
>store, anywhere.

I tried it - they have a terrible selection, at least for rock CDs.

Steve
--
Steve Wechsler, Sybase Database Administrator, Citicorp, New York, NY
Steve.W...@mail.citicorp.com (do NOT send mail to slsdev address)
"Watch?? I'm gonna pray, Man! Know any good religions?" -- Zaphod Beeblebrox
Only a fool would think that the opinions above are representative of Citicorp

Sanjay Sinha

unread,
Aug 31, 1994, 5:19:09 PM8/31/94
to
In article <33t3hk$l...@slsdev.citicorp.com> Steve.W...@mail.citicorp.com writes:
}In article <33lo0e$n...@search01.news.aol.com>, Cdnow <cd...@aol.com> wrote:
}>CDnow! announces the grand opening of a new Internet music store.
}>Available via telnet and WWW, CDnow! sells 150,000 CDs, cassettes and
}>mini-discs, with standard 4-6 day delivery. That's more than any other
}>store, anywhere.
}
}I tried it - they have a terrible selection, at least for rock CDs.
}

Gee, it look's like i listen to terrible music. I found what i
wanted, and the stuff arrived in 4 days even.

Any advice on non-terrible music that i should look for some where else?

Have a good day
Sanjay (keeping up the jones') Sinha

}Steve
}--
}Steve Wechsler, Sybase Database Administrator, Citicorp, New York, NY
}Steve.W...@mail.citicorp.com (do NOT send mail to slsdev address)
}"Watch?? I'm gonna pray, Man! Know any good religions?" -- Zaphod Beeblebrox
}Only a fool would think that the opinions above are representative of
Citicorp


Sanjay Sinha Resident of Washington D.C.
DoD #1224 Statistically speaking, i'm safer in Beirut.
CB 650 `The Cow'
.edu breaths need no steenking disclaimers.

JT

unread,
Aug 31, 1994, 8:44:19 PM8/31/94
to
In article <342s4d$7...@netnews.upenn.edu>,

Sanjay Sinha <san...@ssc.sas.upenn.edu> wrote:
>
>Gee, it look's like i listen to terrible music. I found what i
>wanted, and the stuff arrived in 4 days even.

That is surprising if you were having it mailed to a penn address,
since they are in Ambler. ;)

JT

JT

unread,
Aug 31, 1994, 8:38:27 PM8/31/94
to
In article <33lo0e$n...@search01.news.aol.com>, Cdnow <cd...@aol.com> wrote:
>CDnow! announces the grand opening of a new Internet music store.
>Available via telnet and WWW, CDnow! sells 150,000 CDs, cassettes and
>mini-discs, with standard 4-6 day delivery. That's more than any other
>store, anywhere.

And posted from AOL, imagine that. This qualifies you for my AOL
Advertisers OnLine database! And it is free! This service will be
available very shortly.


>CDnow! was built by music lovers for music lovers. We have developed a
>sophisticated interface which makes searching a breeze.

Can't wait to try it out! Is it anything like that cutting edge
command line stuff I've been hearing about?? I see you got an http
address, are you really pushing all the available fonts to the max?


>In Classical, we
>have a powerful searching engine which makes it easy to find exactly what
>you are looking for.

Good golly! Is this anything like the POWERFUL linear search... and
why only Classical? And what if I want it to find what I am looking
for, only not "exactly"?

Thanks,
JT


Sanjay Sinha

unread,
Sep 1, 1994, 6:41:36 PM9/1/94
to
In article <343853$a...@charm.magnus.acs.ohio-state.edu> jmil...@magnus.acs.ohio-state.edu (JT) writes:
>In article <342s4d$7...@netnews.upenn.edu>,
>Sanjay Sinha <san...@ssc.sas.upenn.edu> wrote:
>>
>>Gee, it look's like i listen to terrible music. I found what i
>>wanted at cdnow.com, and the stuff arrived in 4 days even.

>
>That is surprising if you were having it mailed to a penn address,
>since they are in Ambler. ;)
>
>JT

Yes, i do have a penn address, but if you read fully before pulling
your itchy 'followup' finger, you will see penn is only my e-mail address.
I live in Washington D.C. Said so plainly in my .sig! Considering that DC
ranks next to chicago is postal efficiency, i should bless my stars the
post person (gotta be PC, ya all) acctually delivered it rather than
place it down a black hole.

Sanjay

BriMadden

unread,
Sep 3, 1994, 7:50:02 PM9/3/94
to
In article <345lb0$l...@netnews.upenn.edu>, san...@ssc.sas.upenn.edu
(Sanjay Sinha) writes:

> I live in Washington D.C. Said so plainly in my .sig! Considering that
DC
> ranks next to chicago is postal efficiency, i should bless my stars the
> post person (gotta be PC, ya all) acctually delivered it rather than
> place it down a black hole.


I live in CA and received my terribly obscure disks from CD Now! in 3
days.

So I think CD Now! is great - it's a lot easier than running around to 5
different record stores to find what I want, and while their telnet
interface isn't aesthetically
amazing, it's simple and friendly, which is more than I can say for some
other on-line CD services (who also "advertise" in this and other
newsgroups)...

- Brian (who only reluctantly uses AOL because his .edu account doesn't
support newsgroups yet)

Reply all
Reply to author
Forward
0 new messages