Why No Mention of Benge 90 Trumpet?

Jeffrey D. Blair

Mar 14, 1997, 3:00:00 AM3/14/97

I'm curious. On this newsgroup and on the TPIN, I never hear anyone
speak of the current Benge pro trumpets. I've found the Benge 90 (ca.
1990) to be a fine, easy blowing horn. Does anyone out there play one
or am I the only one????

Jeff Blair
jbl...@intertex.net

K.J.W.H. Langedijk

Mar 15, 1997, 3:00:00 AM3/15/97

Jeff,

Your the only one.

Koen

ET

Mar 15, 1997, 3:00:00 AM3/15/97

Jeffrey D. Blair wrote:

> I'm curious. On this newsgroup and on the TPIN, I never hear anyone
> speak of the current Benge pro trumpets. I've found the Benge 90 (ca.
> 1990) to be a fine, easy blowing horn. Does anyone out there play one
> or am I the only one????

Jeff,
An excellent horn in both the medium large and large bore
size. Several local lead players use it.
ET

Joe Meador

Mar 16, 1997, 3:00:00 AM3/16/97

The third chair trumpet in my band purchased a Benge 90B this past
Christmas. It doesn't play like some of the earlier Benges that I have
played such as the 3X. It is heavier and has a darker sound. I really
like the sound & response. It reminds me very much of a Bach Strad. I
have even heard that the 90B is a clone of the Stradivarius. The thing
I like least are the valves. They just aren't as quick and quiet as I
would prefer. The owner seems to like them though. Overall I like the
90B quite a bit. The fact that Benge is made by UMI is probably what
keeps people from buying them. UMI has gotten a somewhat bad reputation
for quality and service. My friend has had no trouble though.

Joe Meador
mailto:tru...@vnet.net

Jeffrey D. Blair wrote:

> I'm curious. On this newsgroup and on the TPIN, I never hear anyone
> speak of the current Benge pro trumpets. I've found the Benge 90 (ca.
> 1990) to be a fine, easy blowing horn. Does anyone out there play one
> or am I the only one????
>

> Jeff Blair
> jbl...@intertex.net

Mike Williams

Mar 17, 1997, 3:00:00 AM3/17/97

> Jeffrey D. Blair wrote:
> >
> > I'm curious. On this newsgroup and on the TPIN, I never hear anyone
> > speak of the current Benge pro trumpets. I've found the Benge 90 (ca.
> > 1990) to be a fine, easy blowing horn. Does anyone out there play one
> > or am I the only one????
> >
> > Jeff Blair
> > jbl...@intertex.net

I have a 90B, and it plays well, better than my Bach lt180. It has high
quality silver plate, nice case, beautiful engraving, good
playability, but the valves could use some improvement. I've played
some of the older benges....which seem to be more stuffy. I'm a high
school player, and I RARELY see any Benge 90s. More King Silver Flairs
and Bach Strads. My Benge is a magnet for fingerprints, and is hard to
dent. I dropped it off a stage on accident once, no dents or
scratches. This is a good horn that horn-buyers should try. I still
don't understand why these horns aren't spoken of much. This newsgroup
seems to be partial to Bach and Yamaha.

L. Kap

Mar 18, 1997, 3:00:00 AM3/18/97

I bought a Benge BL90 in silver last year. Before that I played a Bach
Strad ML37. The Benge plays much easier, the sound is darker and broader
(like but butter then a Bach 43 bell). The horn is also beautifully
finished. I love it!
I play in a big band and I need a horn that is less warm. Should I go for
the Benge 3x?

Leen Kap
Holland

Jeffrey D. Blair <jbl...@intertex.net> schreef in artikel
<5gchsr$9uf$1...@news.nol.net>...

BMcne10461

Mar 18, 1997, 3:00:00 AM3/18/97

I've had a BENGE 90B (ML) for the past 4 years and am completely satisfied
with this horn. I also have Bachs, Schilkes, Calicchios, Yamahas, and
have played or owned most major brands in my 15 year career as a
professional trumpet player in THE New York scene. The 90B in my opinion
is the most underrated and versitile horn on the market!!

At around $1000 this horn can play dark and centered enough for classical
or "legit", and still sizzle in big band lead. Not many horns (especially
in this price range) can do either effectively.

I encourage anyone who is looking for a "ballsy" horn to try out the
BENGE 90B.

Take it from a REAL professional trumpet player.

OZZY

Greg Haubrich

Oct 24, 2020, 3:46:46 PM10/24/20
My 90b is a PERFECT horn for me ... it will do anything I can do, have any tone I want it to have, cuts through a crowd, has a great open sound, and plays an absolutely lovely soft ballad ... HI Ozzy ... this comes back at you 23 years later ... Yours, Butter