asymmetric mp

Marcin

Jan 10, 2004, 5:50:10 PM1/10/04

Doc

Jan 10, 2004, 9:11:16 PM1/10/04

"Marcin" <marci...@interia.pl> wrote in message
news:btpvfn$dja$1...@nemesis.news.tpi.pl...

> What do you thing about it:

http://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&category=41398&item=2371915718
> ... anyone played it?

Do they fill in a portion of the bowl with solder and machine it to that
shape?

Tim Gill

Jan 11, 2004, 2:39:28 AM1/11/04
I've played one before, but it didn't have as much mass as the one on ebay.
The one we passed around the trumpet section really sounded quite bad- sure,
you could play high, but it was consistently loud and over-bright. I don't
know if that added mass could fix anything...

-TG

Randy Replogle

Jan 11, 2004, 11:30:44 AM1/11/04

> Do they fill in a portion of the bowl with solder and machine it to that
> shape?

Everything is probably turned on a lathe except for the cup/bowl which
would be cut on a CNC (computer controlled) mill using a small ball end
cutter.
Here's an example: http://www.mastercam.com/Products/PDF/V9Mill3.pdf

--
Randy Replogle (Central Indiana)

Tommy T.

Jan 11, 2004, 1:37:24 PM1/11/04
Nick Drozdorff's trumpet pages have an exhaustive discussion and review of
the Lynch Asymmetric which Nick, a former MF sideman (as I recall) has
adopted as his primary piece.

I owned a Lynch lead model and found that I was not going to be able to use
it without making a significant embochure change. I was unwilling to mess
with my setup which is working pretty well and so I sold mine to somebody in
Japan for more than the US retail price.

Tommy T.

Hank L.

Jan 20, 2004, 1:19:54 PM1/20/04

That's odd looking. It looks as though a blob of mercury is sitting in the
cup.