My 1993--1995 poem and song fragments

1 view

David Dalton

Sep 12, 2023, 12:13:57 AM9/12/23
Here's a few of my poetry and song snippets from 1993 -- 1995:

https://www.nfld.com//~dalton/poemfrag.html

I won’t copy and paste them all here since then some
needed spacing in some of them won’t be reproduced,
at least in Hogwasher newsreader which I use when
I am in St. John’s.

Back then I had good wordplay ability but suffered from
an inability to complete projects. I hope that my creativity
will return soon and that it will include the ability to
complete projects and to do longer poems and songs.

Constructive(!) criticism is welcome.

Some of them do show my interest in Sarah McLachlan,
but I never bothered her. However her record label
person who was on the mailing list must have relayed
the best of my writing to her since she silently approached
me twice in the spring of 1995, which is reflected in some
of the lyrics on her 1997 Surfacing album.

"And the cart is on a wheel; And the wheel is on a hill;
And the hill is shifting sand; And inside these laws we stand” (Ferron)