Wanted: Foster & Co pianos and players.

Tempola Music Rolls Ltd

Aug 15, 1998, 3:00:00 AM8/15/98
Hello:
I am a collector in the central US and collect pianos by the Mfg.., Foster &
Co, Rochester N.y.(americam piano co)( circa 1900-1930) most were upright
player-pianos. if you happen to have one of these old beasts in a forgotten
corner, player or straight piano, please contact me.

Thanks!
Andy Taylor
Tempola Music Rolls
http://home.swbell.net/tempola/

cosr...@gmail.com

May 31, 2014, 2:17:09 PM5/31/14

cosr...@gmail.com

May 31, 2014, 2:22:26 PM5/31/14
I have a 1919 Foster & Co player piano ser # 49074 and many player rolls. I can be contacted at reg...@craneoperationalservices.com if interested

openroadp...@gmail.com

Oct 16, 2014, 7:51:05 PM10/16/14
On Saturday, August 15, 1998 3:00:00 AM UTC-4, Tempola Music Rolls Ltd wrote:
> Hello:
> I am a collector in the central US and collect pianos by the Mfg.., Foster &
> Co, Rochester N.y.(americam piano co)( circa 1900-1930) most were upright
> player-pianos. if you happen to have one of these old beasts in a forgotten
> corner, player or straight piano, please contact me.
>
> Thanks!
> Andy Taylor
> Tempola Music Rolls
> http://home.swbell.net/tempola/

Hi, I'm not sure if you're still looking for Foster & Co pianos. I have one, serial number 51450. It's currently in NH, let me know if you're interested.

Regards,
Christine Fecteu

J.B. Wood

Oct 17, 2014, 12:32:19 PM10/17/14
Shhesh! The r.m.m.p group remains dormant for months and then someone
responds to a 16 year old post! Maybe most of usenet is on life support
these days.

--
J. B. Wood e-mail: arl_1...@hotmail.com

bluera...@gmail.com

Nov 23, 2014, 3:34:35 PM11/23/14
On Saturday, August 15, 1998 3:00:00 AM UTC-4, Tempola Music Rolls Ltd wrote:
> Hello:
> I am a collector in the central US and collect pianos by the Mfg.., Foster &
> Co, Rochester N.y.(americam piano co)( circa 1900-1930) most were upright
> player-pianos. if you happen to have one of these old beasts in a forgotten
> corner, player or straight piano, please contact me.
>
> Thanks!
> Andy Taylor
> Tempola Music Rolls
> http://home.swbell.net/tempola/

yes we have one in good condition it, I found a 1936 wheat penny in it...thanks Mike 4thc...@gmail.com

bluera...@gmail.com

Nov 23, 2014, 3:37:00 PM11/23/14
On Saturday, August 15, 1998 3:00:00 AM UTC-4, Tempola Music Rolls Ltd wrote:
> Hello:
> I am a collector in the central US and collect pianos by the Mfg.., Foster &
> Co, Rochester N.y.(americam piano co)( circa 1900-1930) most were upright
> player-pianos. if you happen to have one of these old beasts in a forgotten
> corner, player or straight piano, please contact me.
>
> Thanks!
> Andy Taylor
> Tempola Music Rolls
> http://home.swbell.net/tempola/

yes we have one...Mike

J.B. Wood

Nov 24, 2014, 6:39:44 AM11/24/14
Hello, and good luck. Most player pianos that weren't trashed over the
decades ended up in church fellowship halls sans their roll playing
mechanisms. Hard to be nostalgic about this stuff when you hear a
Yamaha Disklavier or equivalent piano playing a MIDI file recorded by a
world-renown pianist. BTW, and although he's not the only one to do so,
Warren Trachtman (www.trachtman.org) has cataloged, and has available
for free downloading, original (QRS, Ampico, etc) roll-to-MIDI piano
files covering the late 19th c to 1922. (I'm particularly fond of Zez
Confrey's interpretations). Sincerely,

janrie...@gmail.com

Jul 17, 2015, 5:41:59 PM7/17/15
I have one of these player pianos for sale with over 100 rolls. I live in Winter Haven Florida.

ctayl...@gmail.com

Aug 15, 2015, 10:00:33 AM8/15/15
On Saturday, August 15, 1998 at 2:00:00 AM UTC-5, Tempola Music Rolls Ltd wrote:
I cant believe this post still exists. I'm the guy that started it, and I STILL colect Foster pianos, you may reach me at tem...@aol.com....and thanks!!

ctayl...@gmail.com

Aug 15, 2015, 10:01:14 AM8/15/15
On Friday, July 17, 2015 at 4:41:59 PM UTC-5, janrie...@gmail.com wrote:
> I have one of these player pianos for sale with over 100 rolls. I live in Winter Haven Florida.

please email me tem...@aol.com

salgado.sol...@gmail.com

Oct 17, 2015, 8:13:48 PM10/17/15
hola, tengo en mi posecion una joya historica ademas de articulo de primerisima calidad, si señor es un PIANO CABINET GRAND, fabricado en ROCHESTTER N.Y. el numero de serie es el 32930, fabricado a mano con materiales de primera calidad garantizados de por vida....lamentablemente no se encuentra en optimas condiciones, pero no es nada que un restaurador de obras como usted, no pueda hacer.....

salgado.sol...@gmail.com

Oct 17, 2015, 8:26:42 PM10/17/15

YO TENGO UN PÍANO FOSTERS CO , NUMERO DE SERIE 31290, CABINET GRAND,. NECESITA TRABAJO DE RESTAURACION EN DETALLES COMO PINTURA, LIMPIEZA Y AFINACION, TODO COMPLETO Y ORIGINAL.....VIVO EN ENSENADA B.C. MEXICO, MI NUMERO TELEFONICO EN CASA ES: 646-1769359.....O A CUALQUIERA DE ESTOS CELULARES: 646-2364746(EDGAR), 646-1367142(LLUVIA), 646-1027254(ZAYDEL)....MI OFERTA DE VENTA EMPIEZA EN $3500 U.S.DLLS,...PRECIO A TRATAR.
ESTAN PIEZA A ESTADO EN NUESTRA FAMILIA POR MAS DE 6 GENERACIONES, Y SE QUE SERIA EGOISTA DE MI PARTE TENER ESTA JOYA ARRUMBADA EN LA ESQUINA MAS OBSCURA DE MI SALA...SE QUE A MI TATARABUELO LE AGRADARIA DAR A LA GENTE UN POCO DE NUESTRA HISTORIA....ESPERO SU ENLACE O LLAMADA. QUEDO A SUS AMABLES ORDENES;
EDGAR FCO. SALGADO SOLORZANO

lj_dar...@yahoo.com

Apr 13, 2016, 2:44:29 PM4/13/16
Hi I have a Foster &Co, I believe it's a 1920 Circa. Your right about it, it is a beast.

bigg...@gmail.com

Aug 3, 2016, 12:37:58 PM8/3/16
On Saturday, August 15, 1998 at 3:00:00 AM UTC-4, Tempola Music Rolls Ltd wrote:
> Hello:
> I am a collector in the central US and collect pianos by the Mfg.., Foster &
> Co, Rochester N.y.(americam piano co)( circa 1900-1930) most were upright
> player-pianos. if you happen to have one of these old beasts in a forgotten
> corner, player or straight piano, please contact me.
>
> Thanks!
> Andy Taylor
> Tempola Music Rolls
> http://home.swbell.net/tempola/

I have a Foster Piano, sn 48883, that was originally played rolls but has had the mechanism removed and now is just a plain piano. It has been painted white and in good condition. I am disposing of it today, but if you are interested let me know.

Gary Biggs
301-649-5839

emor...@gmail.com

Sep 21, 2016, 7:26:05 AM9/21/16
Hello,
Funny to see this thread that started 18 years ago... by the way, I own a Foster & Co in really good conditions (serial number: 52021).
I do not know exact date of manufacturing, I guess it might be 1919 or 1920.
It has always belonged to my family, originaly bought by my great-grandpa (who was a piano dealer and composer). My mother got it as a present from him when she started learning piano at the age of 10 (1955) and since then always at home, as another member of the family.
Unhappily none of us can play it now, so we would consider selling it to someone who really appreciates its quality.
You can contact me at : emor...@gmail.com
Cheers!

aliso...@gmail.com

Oct 4, 2016, 3:12:38 PM10/4/16
I live in Fontana California. Have a Foster and Co piano I want to get rid of. If you know anyone interested.

takuo...@gmail.com

Mar 12, 2017, 12:12:05 PM3/12/17
On Saturday, August 15, 1998 at 2:00:00 AM UTC-5, Tempola Music Rolls Ltd wrote:
> Hello:
> I am a collector in the central US and collect pianos by the Mfg.., Foster &
> Co, Rochester N.y.(americam piano co)( circa 1900-1930) most were upright
> player-pianos. if you happen to have one of these old beasts in a forgotten
> corner, player or straight piano, please contact me.
>
> Thanks!
> Andy Taylor
> Tempola Music Rolls
> http://home.swbell.net/tempola/

Hello,
I have a Foster & Co upright piano. It has a number written in the inside: 48108. I live in Lima, Peru.
takuo...@gmail.com

mmalo...@gmail.com

Oct 8, 2017, 10:31:57 AM10/8/17
On Saturday, August 15, 1998 at 3:00:00 AM UTC-4, Tempola Music Rolls Ltd wrote:
> Hello:
> I am a collector in the central US and collect pianos by the Mfg.., Foster &
> Co, Rochester N.y.(americam piano co)( circa 1900-1930) most were upright
> player-pianos. if you happen to have one of these old beasts in a forgotten
> corner, player or straight piano, please contact me.
>
> Thanks!
> Andy Taylor
> Tempola Music Rolls
> http://home.swbell.net/tempola/

I have a Foster & Company player piano, serial number 70624, in excellent shape that I am looking to sell. It is located in Western NY state. Please contact me at fis...@aol.com if interested.

Mike

alan...@gmail.com

Feb 7, 2018, 1:11:34 PM2/7/18
I have serial # 48881 available

caliyana...@gmail.com

Feb 25, 2018, 4:50:13 PM2/25/18
On Saturday, 15 August 1998 17:00:00 UTC+10, Tempola Music Rolls Ltd wrote:
> Hello:
> I am a collector in the central US and collect pianos by the Mfg.., Foster &
> Co, Rochester N.y.(americam piano co)( circa 1900-1930) most were upright
> player-pianos. if you happen to have one of these old beasts in a forgotten
> corner, player or straight piano, please contact me.
>
> Thanks!
> Andy Taylor
> Tempola Music Rolls
> http://home.swbell.net/tempola/

Geez - 20 years... that's how long this post has been going. I have a Foster & Co piano - pre 1900. In Melbourne, Australia. Does anyone know of restoration services here?

J.B. Wood

Feb 26, 2018, 6:38:32 AM2/26/18
Hello, and as I don't reside in the Land Down Under, I can't be of
assistance. From restorations I've known about I would say that a piano
of the vintage you mention (and often much younger), regardless of make,
is probably not worth restoring unless it has sentimental value. Player
pianos in particular never sounded that great even when new, are
mechanically complex, and most tuners don't like having to work around
the player mechanism. Old pianos often have cracked soundboards, loose
tuning pins, worn out hammer felt and other mechanical ailments that
make restoration a very costly proposition. A lot of vintage pianos
(grands as well as uprights) in homes are covered with doilies and used
solely as display tables. Sincerely,

flipbei...@gmail.com

Mar 13, 2018, 11:11:24 AM3/13/18
I have this piano and want to sell. Any interest? It works. Don't know much else

flipbei...@gmail.com

Mar 13, 2018, 11:12:38 AM3/13/18
I don't know how to post pics here. It's a foster and co. Cabinet grand

jen.she...@gmail.com

Mar 26, 2018, 12:31:02 PM3/26/18
On Saturday, August 15, 1998 at 1:00:00 AM UTC-6, Tempola Music Rolls Ltd wrote:
> Hello:
> I am a collector in the central US and collect pianos by the Mfg.., Foster &
> Co, Rochester N.y.(americam piano co)( circa 1900-1930) most were upright
> player-pianos. if you happen to have one of these old beasts in a forgotten
> corner, player or straight piano, please contact me.
>
> Thanks!
> Andy Taylor
> Tempola Music Rolls
> http://home.swbell.net/tempola/

Andy,

Are you still looking for these beasts? My grandfather has pasted and he had one that I have gotten the task of finding somewhere for it to go. It is a 1919 Primatone New York. S/N 58536 Please contact me even if you are not collecting anymore. Thank you for your time.

Jennifer

sharon...@gmail.com

Jun 23, 2018, 9:39:36 AM6/23/18

sharon...@gmail.com

Jun 23, 2018, 9:39:59 AM6/23/18

sharon...@gmail.com

Jun 23, 2018, 9:40:46 AM6/23/18
I do have one. You can reach me at sha...@sharonspano.com if you are interested in it. I live in Orlando, Florida. I am not sure of the year.

adep...@iu08.org

Aug 13, 2018, 12:43:15 PM8/13/18

adep...@iu08.org

Aug 13, 2018, 12:45:59 PM8/13/18
I have one of these that was in a home I purchased. It is a player piano but has a price of 600 dollars painted on the inside top lid. Not sure what it is worth or if you still collect these.

msewellc...@gmail.com

Aug 5, 2019, 7:45:49 PM8/5/19
I have a Foster & Co. circa 1913 (serial #36792) in the Houston, Texas area. Any interest?

Thanks.

Mark
(936) 827-6817

lynnmc...@gmail.com

Dec 6, 2019, 2:48:37 AM12/6/19
On Thursday, October 16, 2014 at 4:51:05 PM UTC-7, openroadp...@gmail.com wrote:
> On Saturday, August 15, 1998 3:00:00 AM UTC-4, Tempola Music Rolls Ltd wrote:
> > Hello:
> > I am a collector in the central US and collect pianos by the Mfg.., Foster &
> > Co, Rochester N.y.(americam piano co)( circa 1900-1930) most were upright
> > player-pianos. if you happen to have one of these old beasts in a forgotten
> > corner, player or straight piano, please contact me.
> >
> > Thanks!
> > Andy Taylor
> > Tempola Music Rolls
> > http://home.swbell.net/tempola/
>
> Hi, I'm not sure if you're still looking for Foster & Co pianos. I have one, serial number 51450. It's currently in NH, let me know if you're interested.
>
> Regards,
> Christine Fecteu

I have one with serial number 49040 can anyone give me info on it? Thank you!!

lynnmc...@gmail.com

Dec 6, 2019, 2:49:40 AM12/6/19

tcl...@gmail.com

Feb 22, 2020, 1:07:46 PM2/22/20

GLENN BUNGO

Sep 26, 2020, 6:32:49 PM9/26/20

Tanya Krapf

Jan 10, 2022, 1:38:54 PM1/10/22
Hi there,

I am in Wisconsin and have an upright Foster & Co piano serial number 44549. Please let me know if you're interested in it - I am moving at the end of the month and looking to donate it. Feel free to call me 5859437490

Best,
Tanya Krapf

Noel Kohr

May 3, 2022, 1:21:26 PM5/3/22
On Saturday, August 15, 1998 at 3:00:00 AM UTC-4, Tempola Music Rolls Ltd wrote:
> Hello:
> I am a collector in the central US and collect pianos by the Mfg.., Foster &
> Co, Rochester N.y.(americam piano co)( circa 1900-1930) most were upright
> player-pianos. if you happen to have one of these old beasts in a forgotten
> corner, player or straight piano, please contact me.
> Thanks!
> Andy Taylor
> Tempola Music Rolls
> http://home.swbell.net/tempola/