Google Gruplar, artık yeni Usenet gönderilerini veya aboneliklerini desteklememektedir. Geçmişteki içerikler görüntülenebilir kalmaya devam edecek.

Notes for Simple Psalm by Fred Simon

138 görüntüleme
İlk okunmamış mesaja atla

John Tootle

okunmadı,
26 Nis 2002 15:45:2226.04.2002
alıcı
Hi All,

Are any of you familiar with Fred Simon's music? I want to learn his piece
entitled "Simple Psalm", which I believe was originally released on his
album Usually/Always on Windham Hill. I can't find any evidence that he
published the written music for it, but would very much like to buy it.

Judging by my lack of luck with Google searches, I'm wasting my time
looking. But perhaps some one on RMMP knows him and can tell me how to get
in touch with him. In the mean time I'll continue transcribing it by ear as
best I can.

Best regards,
John

just another poster

okunmadı,
28 Nis 2002 17:04:5228.04.2002
alıcı

These folk may assist you in this quest.

-> http://www.opendoormanagement.com/

Post back with your findings.
--
"... to absent friends ..." mailto:kolo...@netscape.net
http://www.osteoporosis.ca

Evgeny Kumanov

okunmadı,
29 Nis 2002 02:29:4629.04.2002
alıcı
You are the first man I know who likes Fred Simon's music :) I thought
I was the only one... Yeah, the music is great, but unfortunately I
can't help you with finding sheet music. Have you heard Paul
McCandless' Premonition? It's another great album with similar
feeling. In fact it's my favourite album.

Have a nice day!

"John Tootle" <johnt...@telocity.com> wrote in message news:<3cc9b154$1...@nopics.sjc>...

John Tootle

okunmadı,
29 Nis 2002 18:37:3129.04.2002
alıcı
Greetings Just Another,

Thanks for reminding me about Open Door Management. I did find them
in my Google search but went back and dug a little deeper after you
mentioned them. As a result, I found this book of piano tunes from
Windham Hill in which the Fred Simon tune Usually/Always is included:

Windham Hill Piano Sampler
Published by Hal Leonard
ISBN 0793523583

I was surprised when I call my local piano store and they told me that
they have the book. I'll go check it out tomorrow. Hopefully it will
have serious arrangements of the pieces and not the over-simplified
pablum that popular music books often contain.

Best regards,
John

> John Tootle wrote:
> >
> > Hi All,
> >
> > Are any of you familiar with Fred Simon's music? I want to learn his piece
> > entitled "Simple Psalm", which I believe was originally released on his
> > album Usually/Always on Windham Hill

just another poster <kolo...@netscape.net> wrote in message news:<3CCC63F...@netscape.net>...

John Tootle

okunmadı,
29 Nis 2002 18:20:3829.04.2002
alıcı
Greetings Evgeny,

Nice to hear from you.

"Evgeny Kumanovwrote :

> You are the first man I know who likes Fred Simon's music :) I thought
> I was the only one... Yeah, the music is great, but unfortunately I
> can't help you with finding sheet music.

Yes I like him also, but am having great difficulty finding sheet music for
his tunes. I am even having a problem locating his recordings on CD or
vinyl for that matter.

Have you heard Paul
> McCandless' Premonition? It's another great album with similar
> feeling. In fact it's my favourite album.

No, I haven't but would like to based on your recommendation. Amazon.com
has a few CDs of his, but not Premonition.

What recordings of Fred Simon and Paul McCandless do you have? Do have
recordings of the group Oregon? I believe that McCandless played with them.
Which is your favorite?

> Have a nice day!

You too.

Best regards,
John

Evgeny Kumanov

okunmadı,
30 Nis 2002 07:20:0530.04.2002
alıcı
Hi, indeed it was very difficult for me to find some music by Fred
Simon. I have only mp3s which I have collected for some months.

> What recordings of Fred Simon and Paul McCandless do you have? Do have
> recordings of the group Oregon? I believe that McCandless played with them.
> Which is your favorite?

I have partial 'Usually/Always' and 'Open Book' but I'm not sure if
McCandless plays in the latter. However both are very good. Fred Simon
plays synths and has made the programming in the Premonition. It is
very exquisite project featuring Lyle Mays on keyboards and Steve
Rodby on bass (both participants in Pat Metheny Group - do you like
it?). Oregon is one of my favourite groups too :) I have most of the
albums but I prefer their latest releases - Northwest Passage, Beyond
Words, Ecotopia. They produce two kinds of music in their albums -
some experimental music (which I don't like) and the other which is
very pleasant and intellectual. I will be glad if anyone tell other
musicians/groups who make music with such feeling like the above.

Have a nice day again!

John Brock

okunmadı,
30 Nis 2002 13:30:4930.04.2002
alıcı
In article <32d1010e.02042...@posting.google.com>,

John Tootle <johnt...@telocity.com> wrote:
>Greetings Just Another,
>
>Thanks for reminding me about Open Door Management. I did find them
>in my Google search but went back and dug a little deeper after you
>mentioned them. As a result, I found this book of piano tunes from
>Windham Hill in which the Fred Simon tune Usually/Always is included:
>
>Windham Hill Piano Sampler
>Published by Hal Leonard
>ISBN 0793523583
>
>I was surprised when I call my local piano store and they told me that
>they have the book. I'll go check it out tomorrow. Hopefully it will
>have serious arrangements of the pieces and not the over-simplified
>pablum that popular music books often contain.

Hal Leonard publishes a number of collections of "New Age Piano
Music", and IMO they are mostly quite good, and not watered down
at all. My favorite is Narada Piano Solos, which contains the
sheet music for the album of the same name. I just wish they would
publish *more* of this sort of music, since it is very accessible
for people, like myself, whose piano skill aren't all that high.

Actually the name Fred Simon rings a bell. I think there is a
pieces of his on one of the Windham Hill sampler albums that I
wanted to play but never found any sheet music for. Called Minor
Truths, or something like that. But I figure that eventually I
will be able to buy software which will to create sheet music
directly off of a CD, so even if the sheet music is never officially
published I'll still be able to play it some day. :-)
--
John Brock
jbr...@panix.com

bookaho...@gmail.com

okunmadı,
1 Kas 2018 16:08:461.11.2018
alıcı
Hi - I have transcribed the music for Simple Psalm if you are still interested in this.

Jerry Balzano

mbel...@stcolumban.org

okunmadı,
8 Ara 2019 15:28:258.12.2019
alıcı
I just saw your post from last year that you’ve transcribed Fred Simons’s piece, “Simple Psalm.” I would be interested in getting a copy of you have any still available.

Lloyd Brass

okunmadı,
20 Mar 2022 00:02:3120.03.2022
alıcı
On Thursday, November 1, 2018 at 1:08:46 PM UTC-7, bookaho...@gmail.com wrote:
> Hi - I have transcribed the music for Simple Psalm if you are still interested in this.
>
> Jerry Balzano

Hi, don't know if your post is current, but i would love to get your transcription of Simple Psalm. Is it possible for you to send it to me? I can pay something for the valuable time you put it.

Lloyd Brass
0 yeni ileti