digital harpsichord with 2 manuals

Carl J. Benson

Feb 19, 2004, 5:01:27 PM2/19/04
I happened to be searching eBay for "harpsichord clavichord
fortepiano" for a laugh, when I spotted Item Number 2226114602.

This appears to be, for all intents and purposes, a Roland
C-80-AK digital harpsichord with 2 (not just 1!) manuals,
and one or more footpedals on a lyre.

If so, it's the object of my desire for the last three years
at least. I have a C-80-M, but always wanted that 2nd manual.

The seller says it is a Rogers electric harpsichord model
RSH-200. I Googled for various combinations of rogers,
harpsichord, etc. and came up dry.

I know there is an English company named Rogers or Rodgers
that makes electronic organs, possibly even the one sold by
Roland.

Can anyone shed some light on this instrument?

--Carl Benson

Tom Shaw

Feb 19, 2004, 5:34:53 PM2/19/04
I just googled "digital harpsichord" and it came up with 7 hits to begin
with on the C-80.
TS

"Carl J. Benson" <cbe...@fhcrc.org> wrote in message

Carl J. Benson

Feb 19, 2004, 5:46:27 PM2/19/04

Yes, of course. The C-80 is well-known. I have one, as I
pointed out in my post. What I don't know about is the
Rogers RSH-200, which appears to be a similar instrument
but with 2 manuals. I'm sorry if that was not clear.

--Carl

Alan Young

Feb 20, 2004, 12:42:02 AM2/20/04
In article <c13bno$a3t$1...@lists.fhcrc.org>, Carl J. Benson
<cbe...@fhcrc.org> wrote:

> I happened to be searching eBay for "harpsichord clavichord
> fortepiano" for a laugh, when I spotted Item Number 2226114602.

I'm puzzled, too. At 52", it appears to have actual strings (unless the
box is just for show). So perhaps it's 'electric' as in 'amplified',
not 'digital'.

I guess your best bet is to e-mail the seller.

--
Alan
http://www.hummingbear.net/~aayoung/Jazz/jazz.html

"Pray every day to every god."
-- Kurt Elling, "Resolution"

M. Slater

Feb 20, 2004, 1:16:12 AM2/20/04
Never seen this. Looks just like what I've been looking for.

Mark

Tom Shaw

Feb 20, 2004, 12:25:25 PM2/20/04
Sorry, I was in a hurry and misread your post.

TS
"Carl J. Benson" <cbe...@fhcrc.org> wrote in message

remove nospam

Feb 20, 2004, 1:38:35 PM2/20/04
It's probably made by Rodgers (with a D) which I believe is a division of
Roland that makes very fine electronic organs.

Carl J. Benson

Feb 20, 2004, 3:55:28 PM2/20/04

remove nospam wrote:
> It's probably made by Rodgers (with a D) which I believe is a division of
> Roland that makes very fine electronic organs.

Apparently this is the case. I sent e-mail to the marketing
department of Rodgers and received a very informative reply.

The 2-manual digital harpsichord was sold from 1994 to 1996,
then dropped from the product line. Roland took over the
single-manual instrument, put cheaper grill cloth on the
"sound board", and continued to sell it as the C-80.

The serial number on the instrument for sale on eBay places
it as one of the first such harpsichords.

Apparently some of the circuitry differs from the C-80, but
the sound samples are the same.

--Carl

Thatcher Nelson

Apr 8, 2021, 5:57:00 PM4/8/21
Does anyone know where I can get a Roland C-80 or C-80-AK? I can't find one