DrumDial snare tuning

Christian Schäufler

Dec 16, 2023, 5:14:13 PM12/16/23
Hi drummers,

Some month ago I bought a DrumDial for tuning my drums heads. I don't
want to miss it again - reproducible tuning can finally be archived by
anyone. I didn't find the right tuning for my snare yet: It is a
14"x5,5" steel hoop maple snare (Tama S.L.P.) and I play it in a jazz /
big band context.

The DrumDial howto suggests a tuning of 85/82 (head/reso), but I am
looking for a higher pitch. How far do you go pitching your snare
(metered via DrumDial) and in which ratio you tune batter and resonant
heads?

Regards,
Christian

cuppajoe2go

Jan 23, 2024, 4:50:11 PMJan 23
I've got the Dial too. I know it's all about personal choice, style of music, etc. but have you "dialed" your snare/toms in yet?