Need Opinions on 21" Sabian HH Raw Bell Dry Ride and Andre Ceccarelli Rides.

Brently Salazar

Dec 22, 2005, 2:01:43 PM12/22/05
Hello Fellow Apes,

I'm in dire need of opinions on the 21" Sabian HH Raw Bell Dry Ride and
21" Andre Ceccarelli Rides. How well do these 2 crash? Wash qualities?
Overtones? Bell? Ping, tick, taah?
I'm currently using a Zildjian 20" K Custom Medium Ride (script
labeling) as my main ride and it's OK (a little bright to me) but not
what I'm hearing in my head as my optimal main all purpose ride.

Help?

Brent Salazar

Frisco

Dec 22, 2005, 3:33:54 PM12/22/05
I have the HH Raw Bell and glove it. Never heard or played the other.

To my ears, the Raw Bell is like an A Ping, only a much sweeter / less
clangy ping and overtones. Some wash, but not alot. I can't see
using any crash qualities, it's too heavy for that. Really good bell.

Paul

Jeffrey Burns

Dec 22, 2005, 7:32:23 PM12/22/05
I agree... I bought mine (21 HH RBDR) based on everyone's thought in here.
What a hit it is..

It's like a ping just better. Listen to some Phil Collins as that is what he
used on some records I believe. Also check Sabian.com and listen to them in
the cymbal sampler if you haven't already

----------------------
Jeffrey Burns

My Drum Site - http://makedrumsbeat.tripod.com/

My Band Site - http://makedrumsbeat.tripod.com/anthem

**Give them a click**

"Brently Salazar" <be...@comcast.net> wrote in message

Kevin Johnson

Dec 22, 2005, 6:35:53 PM12/22/05
I have the Sabian as my main ride. I love it. I wouldn't recommend
universally but it suits my style. Its very pingy with what I would call a
nice "round" tone. The bell is large and loud. The wash, however, is very
short and therefore rules out recommendation as an everyman's ride.

Todd

Dec 22, 2005, 8:26:26 PM12/22/05
I like my Raw Bell ride too :^) I call it a dry-er ping sound, and the bell
has a different quality than the cymbal sound which is why I got it. You
ain't gonna wanna crash it though!
Todd

--

"Underwater fight scenes are the drum solos of movies." -Tom Servo

"Frisco" <pfran1...@gmail.com> wrote in message

Dan R H

Dec 23, 2005, 1:26:32 AM12/23/05
I glove mine as well. Also recently picked up a 20" HH Classic Ride on the
Bay which is real nice as well.

--
Dan Hertlein
http://danhertlein.com/

"Jeffrey Burns" <jeffre...@sympatico.ca> wrote in message

Mark Rance

Dec 27, 2005, 3:10:50 PM12/27/05

"Frisco" <pfran1...@gmail.com> wrote in message
>I have the HH Raw Bell and glove it. Never heard or played the other.
>
> To my ears, the Raw Bell is like an A Ping, only a much sweeter / less
> clangy ping and overtones. Some wash, but not alot. I can't see
> using any crash qualities, it's too heavy for that. Really good bell.

I agree. My HH Raw Bell is my favorite of all time.
I have the Phil Collins signature but it is the exact same cymbal

-Mark

sic...@yahoo.com.au

Jan 5, 2014, 10:49:10 PM1/5/14
Hi mate, I've got 2 21" Andre Ceccarelli Rides, they're simply the best ride cymbals I've ever heard and played (and I've played hundreds). They crash like butter, beautiful wash and the best bell on the planet. Here are some videos of me using them:
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=o39GU6CnP_w
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=WQEwRrgwQXg
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=eVPYyyxUSI4
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=VcltREX0bAM