Strat and Marshall

1 view
Skip to first unread message

Polfus

unread,
Jan 9, 2003, 2:47:16 PM1/9/03
to
>Subject: Re: My first Hamer, yo
>From: "Carlfia" car...@optonline.net

>Strat and Marshall big boy.

Which Marshall do you have?

And still w/ the Beck Strat or what?
--
Peace,
Polfus

Check out my website:
http://www.geocities.com/PolfusPage

Carlfia

unread,
Jan 9, 2003, 3:00:08 PM1/9/03
to

--


"Polfus" <pol...@aol.comLEDZEP> wrote in


>
> >Strat and Marshall big boy.
>
> Which Marshall do you have?
>
> And still w/ the Beck Strat or what?
> --
> Peace,
> Polfus

My "Marshall" is a Blockhead repro of an early '67 Plexi. Plus I got my
SLO-100

A Fender CS '69 Closet Classic and the Yngwie model.
The Beck is long gone, but wouldn't mind owning the updated model.

Polfus

unread,
Jan 9, 2003, 3:27:45 PM1/9/03
to
Carlfia <car...@optonline.net> wrote in article
<cxkT9.41513$FT6.6...@news4.srv.hcvlny.cv.net>...

>
>
> --
>
>
> "Polfus" <pol...@aol.comLEDZEP> wrote in
> >
> > >Strat and Marshall big boy.
> >
> > Which Marshall do you have?
> >
> > And still w/ the Beck Strat or what?
> > --
> > Peace,
> > Polfus
>
> My "Marshall" is a Blockhead repro of an early '67 Plexi. Plus I got my
> SLO-100

I know having played an SLO what that sounds like.

But how about that Blockhead..even though I have heard the clips on there
website, thats not the way I would play thru it.

Is it killer? What does it sound like if you can give me a song that I can
relate it to?

> A Fender CS '69 Closet Classic and the Yngwie model.

That's right...thanks.

> The Beck is long gone, but wouldn't mind owning the updated model.

You wanted to like that Beck...but it is just a little too...weird...for a
trad Strat.

Carlfia

unread,
Jan 9, 2003, 3:38:36 PM1/9/03
to

--


"Polfus" <pol...@aol.comLEDZEP> wrote in


> But how about that Blockhead..even though I have heard the clips on there
> website, thats not the way I would play thru it.
>
> Is it killer? What does it sound like if you can give me a song that I can
> relate it to?
>


There are no clips on Blockhead's site. Last I looked.
I use pedals thru it. It sounds like every great Marshall on record from
67-72


Polfus

unread,
Jan 9, 2003, 4:54:49 PM1/9/03
to
Atlas <c1su...@hotmail.comNOSPAM> wrote in article
<b9iq1v4kkgagiv9mm...@4ax.com>...
> x-no-archive: yes

>
> On Thu, 09 Jan 2003 20:27:45 GMT, "Polfus" <pol...@aol.comLEDZEP>
> wrote:

> >Is it killer? What does it sound like if you can give me a song that I
can relate it to?

> Gawd, this is just sickening.
> Atlas

It is quite common to relate amps and their tone to songs that we may all
know. Its a great reference point for a quick idea of the tone that comes
from it from the player trying it out. Guitar magazines and players do this
all the time.

So why do you think it's "sickening", Kevin?

Carlfia

unread,
Jan 9, 2003, 5:14:10 PM1/9/03
to

--


"Polfus" <pol...@aol.comLEDZEP> wrote in message
news:01c2b82a$1174ce00$1860580c@default...

Cause my two amps are 5k, and his amp is a boat anchor?


Polfus

unread,
Jan 9, 2003, 5:17:54 PM1/9/03
to

Carlfia <car...@optonline.net> wrote in article
<g5lT9.41901$FT6.7...@news4.srv.hcvlny.cv.net>...

>
>
> --
>
>
> "Polfus" <pol...@aol.comLEDZEP> wrote in
> > But how about that Blockhead..even though I have heard the clips on
there
> > website, thats not the way I would play thru it.
> >
> > Is it killer? What does it sound like if you can give me a song that I
can
> > relate it to?
> >
> There are no clips on Blockhead's site. Last I looked.

You're right...I thought I had heard a clip from some site you posted a
while ago...damn.

> I use pedals thru it. It sounds like every great Marshall on record from
67-72

Would that include Led Zep IV?

Those tones there?

Polfus

unread,
Jan 9, 2003, 5:32:20 PM1/9/03
to

Carlfia <car...@optonline.net> wrote in article
<SumT9.45022$FT6.7...@news4.srv.hcvlny.cv.net>...
>
>
> --> > So why do you think it's "sickening", Kevin?

> >
> > --
> > Peace,
> > Polfus
>
> Cause my two amps are 5k, and his amp is a boat anchor?

Does he even have an amp? LOL!

Polfus

unread,
Jan 9, 2003, 5:34:17 PM1/9/03
to

RC Moonpie <r...@yahoo.com> wrote in article
<v2tr1vglj0fguod7i...@4ax.com>...

> On Thu, 09 Jan 2003 21:54:49 GMT, "Polfus" <pol...@aol.comLEDZEP>
> wrote:
>
>
> >It is quite common to relate amps and their tone to songs that we may
all
> >know. Its a great reference point for a quick idea of the tone that
comes
> >from it from the player trying it out. Guitar magazines and players do
this
> >all the time.
>
>
> why dont you just get Carl to mail you a photo of his Blockhead knob?

Why don't you try to take your head out of your ass?

What kind of racist crap is "RC Cola" and "Moon Pie" together anyway?

You know damn well what it means, don't you.

Carlfia

unread,
Jan 9, 2003, 6:02:16 PM1/9/03
to

--


"Polfus" <pol...@aol.comLEDZEP> wrote in


> > I use pedals thru it. It sounds like every great Marshall on record from
> 67-72
>
> Would that include Led Zep IV?
>
> Those tones there?

With a Les Paul and the right pedals yup


Polfus

unread,
Jan 9, 2003, 6:45:28 PM1/9/03
to

Atlas <c1su...@hotmail.comNOMOSPAM> wrote in article
<7fur1v4a595nqp3tb...@4ax.com>...
> x-no-archive: yes
>
> On Thu, 09 Jan 2003 21:54:49 GMT, "Polfus" <pol...@aol.comLEDZEP>
> wrote:
>
> >It is quite common to relate amps and their tone to songs that we may
all
> >know. Its a great reference point for a quick idea of the tone that
comes
> >from it from the player trying it out. Guitar magazines and players do
this
> >all the time.
> >
> >So why do you think it's "sickening", Kevin?
>
> So tell me. How does Carl's sigmoid colon taste?
> Atlas

Your delusions are not doing your rational thought processes any good,
Kevin.

And your responses are inappropriate, as well as avoiding of the question.

Polfus

unread,
Jan 9, 2003, 6:50:39 PM1/9/03
to

Atlas <c1su...@hotmail.comNOMOSPAM> wrote in article
<8mur1v81evrm7jknp...@4ax.com>...
> x-no-archive: yes

>
> On Thu, 09 Jan 2003 22:32:20 GMT, "Polfus" <pol...@aol.comLEDZEP>
> wrote:
>
> >Does he even have an amp? LOL!

>Nice "strat and marshall" content.

> Atlas

I started this thread, Kevin...and here you are.

Again.

Polfus

unread,
Jan 9, 2003, 6:52:27 PM1/9/03
to

Atlas <c1su...@hotmail.comNOMOSPAM> wrote

>Are you saying that RC Cola dn Moon Pies are racist? Is that what you're
now admitting, Tim Asher?

> What about Coca Cola and Little Debbie cakes? Are they racist too? Or
is that homophobic? I forget sometimes.
> Atlas
>

Nice Strat and Marshall content.

Polfus

unread,
Jan 9, 2003, 6:56:55 PM1/9/03
to

RC Moonpie <r...@yahoo.com> wrote in article
<h9vr1vc0ohb2a493l...@4ax.com>...

> >What kind of racist crap is "RC Cola" and "Moon Pie" together anyway?

> >You know damn well what it means, don't you.
>
>

> yeah, I do, you apparently dont.
>
>
> but that never stopped you before, so, by all means, continue.

Well why don't you explain how you came up with "RC Moonpe", and what that
is associated with in your part of the country...which is Texas, right?

Polfus

unread,
Jan 9, 2003, 6:58:07 PM1/9/03
to

Carlfia <car...@optonline.net> wrote in article
<YbnT9.46011$FT6.7...@news4.srv.hcvlny.cv.net>...

> > > I use pedals thru it. It sounds like every great Marshall on record
from
> > 67-72
> >
> > Would that include Led Zep IV?
> >
> > Those tones there?
>
> With a Les Paul and the right pedals yup

You mean an overdrive or something?

The amp needs an extra boost for crunch?

Carlfia

unread,
Jan 9, 2003, 6:59:49 PM1/9/03
to

--


"Polfus" <pol...@aol.comLEDZEP> wrote in message
news:01c2b83b$4b515d80$8c61580c@default...


>
> Carlfia <car...@optonline.net> wrote in article
> <YbnT9.46011$FT6.7...@news4.srv.hcvlny.cv.net>...
>
> > > > I use pedals thru it. It sounds like every great Marshall on record
> from
> > > 67-72
> > >
> > > Would that include Led Zep IV?
> > >
> > > Those tones there?
> >
> > With a Les Paul and the right pedals yup
>
> You mean an overdrive or something?
>
> The amp needs an extra boost for crunch?
>
> --
> Peace,
> Polfus

With a Les Paul, turned up, you'll get certain Zep style crunch.
Cranked thry an attenuator would keep the volume down.
I use pedals and put amp's volume where I need it

Polfus

unread,
Jan 9, 2003, 7:05:47 PM1/9/03
to

Carlfia <car...@optonline.net> wrote in article
<V1oT9.47730$FT6.7...@news4.srv.hcvlny.cv.net>...

>
> With a Les Paul, turned up, you'll get certain Zep style crunch.
> Cranked thry an attenuator would keep the volume down.
> I use pedals and put amp's volume where I need it

I understand...I wish I had the space to open my amp up LOUD.

Phil Hughes

unread,
Jan 9, 2003, 7:24:11 PM1/9/03
to
Polfus wrote:

> > but that never stopped you before, so, by all means, continue.
>
> Well why don't you explain how you came up with "RC Moonpe", and what that
> is associated with in your part of the country...which is Texas, right?


No, you accused him of using a racist name. You should explain why you
think this is the case rather than him having to defend himself against
some vague and unspecified allegation of racism made by you.

phil

Odin

unread,
Jan 9, 2003, 8:43:29 PM1/9/03
to

"Polfus" <pol...@aol.comLEDZEP> wrote in message

> Why don't you try to take your head out of your ass?


>
> What kind of racist crap is "RC Cola" and "Moon Pie"
together anyway?
>
> You know damn well what it means, don't you.

You're fucking insane.


Polfus

unread,
Jan 9, 2003, 8:46:06 PM1/9/03
to
Phil Hughes <hug...@mail.rsccd.org> wrote in article
<3E1E1207...@mail.rsccd.org>...

> Polfus wrote:
>
> > > but that never stopped you before, so, by all means, continue.
> >
> > Well why don't you explain how you came up with "RC Moonpe", and what
that
> > is associated with in your part of the country...which is Texas, right?

> No, you accused him of using a racist name.

Basically.

>You should explain why you think this is the case rather than him having
to defend himself against some vague and unspecified allegation of racism
made by you.>
> phil

I will, but I would like to see his response first.

Les Cargill

unread,
Jan 9, 2003, 8:49:32 PM1/9/03
to
Polfus wrote:
>
> RC Moonpie <r...@yahoo.com> wrote in article
> <h9vr1vc0ohb2a493l...@4ax.com>...
>
> > >What kind of racist crap is "RC Cola" and "Moon Pie" together anyway?
>
> > >You know damn well what it means, don't you.
> >
> >
> > yeah, I do, you apparently dont.
> >
> >
> > but that never stopped you before, so, by all means, continue.
>
> Well why don't you explain how you came up with "RC Moonpe", and what that
> is associated with in your part of the country...which is Texas, right?
>

Tell ya what. Find out exactly what item of klassic
entertainament product originated the use of
that phrase, and the medium in which it was
distributed.

Go ahead.

We'll wait.

> --
> Peace,
> Polfus
>
> Check out my website:
> http://www.geocities.com/PolfusPage


--
Les Cargill

Polfus

unread,
Jan 9, 2003, 8:54:09 PM1/9/03
to

Les Cargill <lcar...@worldnet.att.net> wrote in article
<3E1E43B0...@worldnet.att.net>...

> Tell ya what. Find out exactly what item of klassic
> entertainament product originated the use of
> that phrase, and the medium in which it was
> distributed.

You got me.

Polfus

unread,
Jan 9, 2003, 8:57:08 PM1/9/03
to

Atlas <c1su...@hotmail.comNOSPAM> wrote in article
<793r1v06ho5tke18g...@4ax.com>...
> x-no-archive: yes

>
> On Fri, 10 Jan 2003 00:05:47 GMT, "Polfus" <pol...@aol.comLEDZEP>
> wrote:
>
>I understand...I wish I had the space to open my amp up LOUD.

> You misspelled "balls".

No, I didn't.

I didn't use that word at all, but I do notice you refer to male genetalia
constantly.

>HTH
> Atlas

It didn't.

Odin

unread,
Jan 9, 2003, 9:02:16 PM1/9/03
to

"Polfus" <pol...@aol.comLEDZEP> wrote in message

> Well why don't you explain how you came up with "RC


Moonpe", and what that
> is associated with in your part of the country...which is
Texas, right?

It's "RC Moonpie" you fucking idiot, not "RC Moonpe" And
there is *nothing* racist about that name. You see racism
in *everything*. And he's from Georgia, not Texas, you
fucking nutcase.

Did you hear about Ku Klux Knieval?
He tried to jump 50 black guys with a steam roller.

Carlfia

unread,
Jan 9, 2003, 9:08:08 PM1/9/03
to

--


"Odin" <res0...@verizon.net> wrote in message
news:IQpT9.36728$xb.2...@nwrddc02.gnilink.net...

now that's funny


Polfus

unread,
Jan 9, 2003, 9:10:25 PM1/9/03
to

Robb Scott <robb...@attbi.com.DUMPTHIS> wrote in article
<robbscott-C1C5F...@netnews.attbi.com>...
> In article <01c2b84a$6178e9c0$bc61580c@default>,

> "Polfus" <pol...@aol.comLEDZEP> wrote:
>
> > I would like to see his response first.
>
> Nope. The ball's in your court. You're alleging or implying or
> insinuating that "RC Moonpie" is some kind of racist name or something
> that somehow supports racism. The onus is on you to explain that.
>
> /-/-/-/-|-\-\-\-\
> The One True Robb
> \-\-\-\-|-/-/-/-/
>

Too bad you don't make the rules, RoBb.

Polfus

unread,
Jan 9, 2003, 9:14:50 PM1/9/03
to
Odin <res0...@verizon.net> wrote in article
<IQpT9.36728$xb.2...@nwrddc02.gnilink.net>...


>"Polfus" <pol...@aol.comLEDZEP> wrote in message

>Well why don't you explain how you came up with "RC Moonpe", and what that
is associated with in your part of the country...which is Texas, right?>

> It's "RC Moonpie" you fucking idiot, not "RC Moonpe" And there is
*nothing* racist about that name. You see racism in *everything*.

Only where it lays. And you have quite clearly shown yours time after time.
I bet you won't even make it through this post without some racist comment
or joke.

>And he's from Georgia, not Texas, you fucking nutcase.

That explains part of it.

> Did you hear about Ku Klux Knieval?
> He tried to jump 50 black guys with a steam roller.

And there it is.

Did you laugh when that black man was dragged to his death in back of a
truck in Texas ?

Polfus

unread,
Jan 9, 2003, 9:24:30 PM1/9/03
to

Atlas <c1su...@hotmail.comNOSPAM> wrote in article
<9f4r1v4ptu9b584s1...@4ax.com>...

>I didn't use that word at all, but I do notice you refer to male genetalia
constantly.

> A little homoerotic projection there, Polly?

No, it's an observation about your posts, Kevin.

>What's wrong? Can't the little...whatever it is you're banging, satisfy
your bizzare fetishes anymore?
> Atlas

Do you think it's appropriate to insult women, especially one that you have
never met?

That is also part of your inappropriate delusional behavior, to make rude
comments about females ( which you in general seem to hate ).

JMK

unread,
Jan 9, 2003, 9:11:10 PM1/9/03
to
"Polfus" <pol...@aol.comLEDZEP> wrote in
news:01c2b84a$6178e9c0$bc61580c@default:

> Phil Hughes <hug...@mail.rsccd.org> wrote in article
> <3E1E1207...@mail.rsccd.org>...
>> Polfus wrote:
>>
>> > > but that never stopped you before, so, by all means, continue.
>> >
>> > Well why don't you explain how you came up with "RC Moonpe", and
>> > what
> that
>> > is associated with in your part of the country...which is Texas,
>> > right?
>
>> No, you accused him of using a racist name.
>
> Basically.
>

Why?

JMK

Mike McKernan

unread,
Jan 9, 2003, 10:22:31 PM1/9/03
to
"Les Cargill" <lcar...@worldnet.att.net> wrote in message
news:3E1E43B0...@worldnet.att.net...

>
> Tell ya what. Find out exactly what item of klassic
> entertainament product originated the use of
> that phrase, and the medium in which it was
> distributed.
>
> Go ahead.
>
> We'll wait.
>
This ain't it, but here in New Joisey, I always thought his name was based
on the NRBQ song, "RC Cola and a Moon Pie"


Odin

unread,
Jan 10, 2003, 12:49:55 AM1/10/03
to

"Polfus" <pol...@aol.comLEDZEP> wrote in message

> >Well why don't you explain how you came up with "RC
Moonpe", and what that
> is associated with in your part of the country...which is
Texas, right?>
>
> > It's "RC Moonpie" you fucking idiot, not "RC Moonpe"
And there is
> *nothing* racist about that name. You see racism in
*everything*.
>
> Only where it lays. And you have quite clearly shown yours
time after time.
> I bet you won't even make it through this post without
some racist comment
> or joke.

I won't disappoint you, you kook.


> >And he's from Georgia, not Texas, you fucking nutcase.
>
> That explains part of it.

So you're saying that you're prejudiced against people from
the South, is that what you're now admitting?


> > Did you hear about Ku Klux Knieval?
> > He tried to jump 50 black guys with a steam roller.
>
> And there it is.

Well, I could have said...
What do black kids get for Christmas?
Your bike.

or,

What can a pizza do that a black man can't?
Feed a family of four.

Or maybe a racist cop joke, something like...

Why is interrogating a Mexican like a pool ball?
The harder you hit it the more English you get

Not to leave the Jews out, I could have said...

Why did the Jews wander in the desert for 40 years?
Because one of them lost a quarter.

But those things would have made me look like a racist, so
I'd never condone "jokes" like that. Because we don't have
a sense of humor about race, race is serious business. Just
ask any serious businessman in the business of race, like Al
Sharpton for example.


> Did you laugh when that black man was dragged to his death
in back of a
> truck in Texas ?

Hell no I didn't laugh, he got blood all over my bumper.

Now that one should push you over the edge.


Odin

unread,
Jan 10, 2003, 12:53:23 AM1/10/03
to

"Polfus" <pol...@aol.comLEDZEP> wrote in message

> >What's wrong? Can't the little...whatever it is you're


banging, satisfy
> your bizzare fetishes anymore?
> > Atlas
>
> Do you think it's appropriate to insult women, especially
one that you have
> never met?

Yeah, Kevin, stop insulting women. And let me try...

Why did the woman cross the road?
Who cares, what was she doing out of the kitchen.

What do you tell a woman with two black eyes?
Nothing, you already told the bitch twice.

Toucan Foreskin

unread,
Jan 9, 2003, 8:35:22 PM1/9/03
to
"Robb Scott" <robb...@attbi.com.DUMPTHIS> wrote

> What rules? You claim "RC Moonpie" is somehow racist. Simple question:
> Why?
>
> We're waiting.

Metaphorically, you are taking a 16oz. ball-peen
hammer, and smacking it ever-so-gently into your
forehead, while also trying to teach a pig to sing,
and simultaneously making a silk purse with pearl
accents... repeatedly. Be persuaded to cease,
please.

--
If Toucan, four can
Six bits, a dollar.


PCollen

unread,
Jan 10, 2003, 8:00:00 AM1/10/03
to
"Carlfia" <car...@optonline.net> wrote in message news:<cxkT9.41513$FT6.6...@news4.srv.hcvlny.cv.net>...

> --
>
>
> "Polfus" <pol...@aol.comLEDZEP> wrote in
> >
> > >Strat and Marshall big boy.
> >
> > Which Marshall do you have?
> >
> > And still w/ the Beck Strat or what?
> > --
> > Peace,
> > Polfus
>
> My "Marshall" is a Blockhead repro of an early '67 Plexi. Plus I got my
> SLO-100
>
> A Fender CS '69 Closet Classic and the Yngwie model.
> The Beck is long gone, but wouldn't mind owning the updated model.

The neck is thinner, which is a plus IMO, but still thicker than a
regular USA Strat. I still don't like the LSR roller nut and, as you
know, Beck continues to use the Wilkinson roller nut AND the American
Standard trem bridge with the screw-in arm, not the pop-in. I read he
put the neck which was on the now-trashed green 'Little Richard' Strat
on to his current white Strat that he has toured and recorded with
since the Who Else tour. Which also, BTW, does NOT have Fender Vintage
Noiseless p/u's on it.

PCollen

unread,
Jan 10, 2003, 8:02:20 AM1/10/03
to
"Carlfia" <car...@optonline.net> wrote in message news:<V1oT9.47730$FT6.7...@news4.srv.hcvlny.cv.net>...

Like on 1, for home playing , right ? (Sorry, I just couldn't resist..)

PCollen

unread,
Jan 10, 2003, 8:03:37 AM1/10/03
to
"Polfus" <pol...@aol.comLEDZEP> wrote in message news:<01c2b83c$5d909460$8c61580c@default>...

> Carlfia <car...@optonline.net> wrote in article
> <V1oT9.47730$FT6.7...@news4.srv.hcvlny.cv.net>...
>
> >
> > With a Les Paul, turned up, you'll get certain Zep style crunch.
> > Cranked thry an attenuator would keep the volume down.
> > I use pedals and put amp's volume where I need it
>
> I understand...I wish I had the space to open my amp up LOUD.

Go down to the 51st and Lexington subway platform..good forum for you
to crank it up.

PCollen

unread,
Jan 10, 2003, 8:05:18 AM1/10/03
to
"Odin" <res0...@verizon.net> wrote in message news:<ndtT9.12688$gb....@nwrddc03.gnilink.net>...

Nice Islamic content.....

PCollen

unread,
Jan 10, 2003, 8:10:24 AM1/10/03
to
"Polfus" <pol...@aol.comLEDZEP> wrote in message news:<01c2b83b$2009f560$8c61580c@default>...

> RC Moonpie <r...@yahoo.com> wrote in article
> <h9vr1vc0ohb2a493l...@4ax.com>...
>
> > >What kind of racist crap is "RC Cola" and "Moon Pie" together anyway?
>
> > >You know damn well what it means, don't you.
> >
> >
> > yeah, I do, you apparently dont.
> >
> >
> > but that never stopped you before, so, by all means, continue.
>
> Well why don't you explain how you came up with "RC Moonpe", and what that
> is associated with in your part of the country...which is Texas, right?

Yeh, I want to know. Is it a reference to the Rev. S.Y. Moon and his
followers.
You know, the ones who stage mass marriages in football stadiums for
the purpose of evading US immigration laws ? The one's who sell roses
on the corner (..was it one rose, or a dozen ?) to support their
covert and subversive faith.

PCollen

unread,
Jan 10, 2003, 8:13:12 AM1/10/03
to
"Carlfia" <car...@optonline.net> wrote in message news:<cWpT9.50769$FT6.8...@news4.srv.hcvlny.cv.net>...

We are awaiting Polfus response to this comment. Will he take issue, or will he
be silent ?

Dan Stanley

unread,
Jan 10, 2003, 8:20:45 AM1/10/03
to

"Toucan Foreskin" <touca...@com-diddley-castaway.net> wrote in message
news:Vt6cnTvEH5-...@comcast.com...

> "Robb Scott" <robb...@attbi.com.DUMPTHIS> wrote
>
> > What rules? You claim "RC Moonpie" is somehow racist. Simple question:
> > Why?
> >
> > We're waiting.
>
> Metaphorically, you are taking a 16oz. ball-peen
> hammer, and smacking it ever-so-gently into your
> forehead, while also trying to teach a pig to sing,
> and simultaneously making a silk purse with pearl
> accents... repeatedly. Be persuaded to cease,
> please.

Boy, that's an unprovoked insult if I ever read one. Indeed.

Dan


Carlfia

unread,
Jan 10, 2003, 8:37:22 AM1/10/03
to

--


"PCollen" <pco...@cfl.rr.com> wrote in message
news:7c061413.03011...@posting.google.com...

What's the difference? The amp is being used for it's tone and to project
the sound of the pedals.
When I played a Hendrix set years ago, they had me lower my Marshall till it
was LOWER than bedroom volume, yet out front it was loud and powerful as
hell.


Carlfia

unread,
Jan 10, 2003, 8:38:30 AM1/10/03
to

--


"PCollen" <pco...@cfl.rr.com> wrote in message
news:7c061413.03011...@posting.google.com...

Ethnic humor is everywhere..tv included. Should Don Rickles be banned?


John S. Shinal

unread,
Jan 10, 2003, 8:45:16 AM1/10/03
to
RC Moonpie wrote:

>>"Polfus" wrote:
>>What kind of racist crap is "RC Cola" and "Moon Pie" together anyway?
>

>RACIST? are you kidding me?

How anyone purportedly from Raleigh could not know that
RoyalCrown Cola ("are-uh cee") and Moonpies just GO together...


John S. Shinal

unread,
Jan 10, 2003, 8:48:00 AM1/10/03
to
"Dan Stanley" wrote:

>> Toucan Sam sang :


>> Metaphorically, you are taking a 16oz. ball-peen
>> hammer, and smacking it ever-so-gently into your
>> forehead, while also trying to teach a pig to sing,
>> and simultaneously making a silk purse with pearl
>> accents... repeatedly. Be persuaded to cease,
>> please.
>
>Boy, that's an unprovoked insult if I ever read one. Indeed.

Ball Peen Hammers at Dawn, ye scoundrel ! My seconds will
serve you RC Cola and Moonpies.

Nil

unread,
Jan 10, 2003, 10:39:33 AM1/10/03
to
On 10 Jan 2003, Robb Scott <robb...@attbi.com.DUMPTHIS> wrote in
news:robbscott-0F4D6...@netnews.attbi.com:

> How anyone can be this brain-dead and still breathe properly is
> beyond me...

Planaria manage it, so I guess it doesn't take too many higher brain
functions.

Gamelan

unread,
Jan 10, 2003, 11:10:07 AM1/10/03
to

"Robb Scott" <robb...@attbi.com.DUMPTHIS> wrote in message
news:robbscott-0F4D6...@netnews.attbi.com...
> In article <Vt6cnTvEH5-...@comcast.com>,

> "Toucan Foreskin" <touca...@com-diddley-castaway.net> wrote:
>
> > Metaphorically, you are taking a 16oz. ball-peen
> > hammer, and smacking it ever-so-gently into your
> > forehead, while also trying to teach a pig to sing,
> > and simultaneously making a silk purse with pearl
> > accents... repeatedly. Be persuaded to cease,
> > please.
>
> Yeah, I know. And you're right, of course. Cooler heads, etc...

>
> How anyone can be this brain-dead and still breathe properly is beyond
> me...

Nice "Osbournes" content.


Polfus

unread,
Jan 10, 2003, 6:08:55 PM1/10/03
to

Odin <res0...@verizon.net> wrote in article
<7atT9.12637$gb....@nwrddc03.gnilink.net>...

> Did you laugh when that black man was dragged to his death in back of a
truck in Texas ?

> Hell no I didn't laugh, he got blood all over my bumper.
> Now that one should push you over the edge.

You posting comments that shows your true nature doesn't push me over the
edge at all...its you that has fallen over that precipice.

Polfus

unread,
Jan 10, 2003, 6:11:03 PM1/10/03
to

Robb Scott <robb...@attbi.com.DUMPTHIS> wrote in article

<robbscott-8B021...@netnews.attbi.com>...
> In article <01c2b84d$c6ff2e00$bc61580c@default>,


> "Polfus" <pol...@aol.comLEDZEP> wrote:
>
> > Too bad you don't make the rules, RoBb.
>

> What rules? You claim "RC Moonpie" is somehow racist. Simple question:
> Why?
>
> We're waiting.

Good.

Polfus

unread,
Jan 10, 2003, 6:15:17 PM1/10/03
to

John S. Shinal <jshinal_REMO...@mindspring.com> wrote in article
<3e1ecdc...@spamkiller.newsfeeds.com>...

How long have you lived in Raleigh?

You don't know what the fuck you are talking about, especially with regards
to the racial hatred that still permeates the area.

Odin

unread,
Jan 10, 2003, 9:15:10 PM1/10/03
to

"Polfus" <pol...@aol.comLEDZEP> wrote in message

> > Did you laugh when that black man was dragged to his


death in back of a
> truck in Texas ?
>
> > Hell no I didn't laugh, he got blood all over my bumper.
> > Now that one should push you over the edge.
>
> You posting comments that shows your true nature doesn't
push me over the
> edge at all...its you that has fallen over that precipice.

In my defense, the guy said his name was Polfus before I
hooked him up, so I thought I was doing the world a favor.


Odin

unread,
Jan 10, 2003, 9:16:15 PM1/10/03
to

"Polfus" <pol...@aol.comLEDZEP> wrote in message

> You don't know what the fuck you are talking about,


especially with regards
> to the racial hatred that still permeates the area.

I have a deep hatred for people who use race as an excuse or
a weapon.


Les Cargill

unread,
Jan 10, 2003, 10:25:02 PM1/10/03
to
Richard wrote:

>
> pco...@cfl.rr.com wrote:
>
> > Yeh, I want to know. Is it a reference to the Rev. S.Y. Moon and his
> > followers.
> > You know, the ones who stage mass marriages in football stadiums for
> > the purpose of evading US immigration laws ? The one's who sell roses
> > on the corner (..was it one rose, or a dozen ?) to support their
> > covert and subversive faith.
>
> They're want to take over the world, you know.
>

<insert Monty Python's "American Defense" sketch here>

> --
> rh310 .. Personal opinions ............................
> @hotmail . For email, put NOT SPAM in Subject ..........
> .com .. Don't mistake jingoism for patriotism ........


--
Les Cargill

Polfus

unread,
Jan 11, 2003, 6:59:13 AM1/11/03
to

Atlas <c1su...@hotmail.comNOSPAM> wrote in article
<k6hu1vkeaimra1a7u...@4ax.com>...

>I'm sure the blacks in Raleigh/Durham were very happy when you left. (The
whites too.)
> Atlas

Well that remains part of your delusional thought pattern.

Not A Speck Of Cereal

unread,
Jan 12, 2003, 12:55:47 AM1/12/03
to
As "Polfus" <pol...@aol.comLEDZEP> so eloquently put:
[]
[] What kind of racist crap is "RC Cola" and "Moon Pie" together anyway?
[]
[] You know damn well what it means, don't you.

Hoo-boy, this is priceless.

Someone help me. I looked at every Polfus response under this claim
and found no explanation about the racists claim. Was it ever
explained? I personally don't get it. Is it just more Polfusian logic?

Chris

----
"Nothing truly valuable arises from ambition or from a mere sense of duty;
it stems rather from love and devotion toward men and toward objective things."
-- Albert Einstein
Remove X's from my email address above to reply
[These opinions are personal views only and only my personal views]

salvarsan

unread,
Jan 12, 2003, 2:03:10 AM1/12/03
to
Not A Speck Of Cereal wrote:
> As "Polfus" <pol...@aol.comLEDZEP> so eloquently put:

> [] What kind of racist crap is "RC Cola" and "Moon Pie" together anyway?
> []
> [] You know damn well what it means, don't you.
>
> Hoo-boy, this is priceless.
>
> Someone help me. I looked at every Polfus response under this claim
> and found no explanation about the racists claim. Was it ever
> explained? I personally don't get it. Is it just more Polfusian logic?


It is not racist. While some would argue that the ref. is
a socio-economic classist jibe (and would be full of sh*t), I
attribute any negative denotations to imagined stereotypes
based on ignorance of southern culture.

Fix yer ignerce here:
<http://www.moonpie.com/history.asp>

Having been ignert about RC cola and Moonpies until recently,
I don't see the cultural baggage that they would seem to carry.

All I know is that people say that, on a hot day, they're the
best cheapest sugar fix in existence. The combination has been
around since the time they cost an extravagant 15 cents.

Gotta respect that. The more you know about it, the easier it
is to have affection for a near-mythically simple food pairing
that was entirely regional and purely homegrown. If you don't,
f*ck off, ya stoopid sanctimonious passel o' Yankees.

Up north, the Moonpies are a little harder to find. When desperation
gets the better of me, I'll drive the 45 minutes west to Anne
Arundel county, Maryland (trailer park capital of the atlantic
northeast) and grab me some.

Somebody from Atlanta told me that a Moonpie blended with vodka
makes a great yellow russian, perfick fur cold weather. Can't
wait to try it.

-drh
--

Charlie Escher

unread,
Jan 12, 2003, 2:22:02 AM1/12/03
to
salvarsan wrote:

> Fix yer ignerce here:
> <http://www.moonpie.com/history.asp>

Already did that, thanks.


>
> Having been ignert about RC cola and Moonpies until recently,
> I don't see the cultural baggage that they would seem to carry.
>
> All I know is that people say that, on a hot day, they're the
> best cheapest sugar fix in existence. The combination has been
> around since the time they cost an extravagant 15 cents.
>
> Gotta respect that. The more you know about it, the easier it
> is to have affection for a near-mythically simple food pairing
> that was entirely regional and purely homegrown. If you don't,
> f*ck off, ya stoopid sanctimonious passel o' Yankees.

You talkin' to me?

> Somebody from Atlanta told me that a Moonpie blended with vodka
> makes a great yellow russian, perfick fur cold weather. Can't
> wait to try it.

He uses yellow snow in those, you know.


.cE

salvarsan

unread,
Jan 12, 2003, 2:40:07 AM1/12/03
to
Charlie Escher wrote:
> salvarsan wrote:

>> Somebody from Atlanta told me that a Moonpie blended with vodka
>> makes a great yellow russian, perfick fur cold weather. Can't
>> wait to try it.
>
> He uses yellow snow in those, you know.


He dint say nuffin 'bout it so
I figger thets _hiz_ bidniss.

Yew trahd ayote thet ther CD o' his'n?

Y'know, th'one over at
<http://www.cdstreet.com/cgi-bin/artisthome_db.cgi?1239403> ?


-drh
--

Odin

unread,
Jan 12, 2003, 4:18:47 AM1/12/03
to

"Not A Speck Of Cereal" <Xchriss...@Xattbi.comX> wrote
in message

> [] What kind of racist crap is "RC Cola" and "Moon Pie"
together anyway?
> []
> [] You know damn well what it means, don't you.
>
> Hoo-boy, this is priceless.
>
> Someone help me. I looked at every Polfus response under
this claim
> and found no explanation about the racists claim. Was it
ever
> explained? I personally don't get it. Is it just more
Polfusian logic?

"Polfusian logic"? Now there's an interesting concept.


JMK

unread,
Jan 12, 2003, 7:31:21 AM1/12/03
to
salvarsan <salv...@radix.net> wrote in news:3E21132E...@radix.net:

> All I know is that people say that, on a hot day, they're the
> best cheapest sugar fix in existence. The combination has been
> around since the time they cost an extravagant 15 cents.
>
>

If you want some for free, come down to the MS Gulf Coast
during Mardi Gras parade season. They throw 'em from the floats.

Yes, they're still wrapped....

JMK

Polfus

unread,
Jan 12, 2003, 11:16:48 AM1/12/03
to

salvarsan <salv...@radix.net> wrote in article
<3E21132E...@radix.net>...

> Gotta respect that. The more you know about it, the easier it
> is to have affection for a near-mythically simple food pairing
> that was entirely regional and purely homegrown. If you don't,
> f*ck off, ya stoopid sanctimonious passel o' Yankees.

Yo D....I grew up in the South, and you have no idea what it was like in NC
in the late 60s/early 70s when I was a kid.

RC Cola and MoonPies eventually became a stereotype for blacks...how I have
no idea. It used to be the equivalent of whites trying to insult a black
person by saying "watermelon" and "rc colas" and "moonpies", etc.

I thought it was fuggin' stupid as hell and I never understood it, drh.

But Howldog/RC whatever...he is from Georgia and I think he may know that.
I stick by my statements.

In other parts of the country...I bet they sure don't understand when I
said it was racist....not in Philly, but in NC, SC, and Georgia, Alabama,
etc...hell yes, the racial stereotype image is there for many rednecks.

> -drh
> --

Polfus

unread,
Jan 12, 2003, 11:20:13 AM1/12/03
to
JMK <jkai...@getthisouttahere.bellsouth.net> wrote in article
<tedU9.3973$WT3....@news.bellsouth.net>...

> If you want some for free, come down to the MS Gulf Coast
> during Mardi Gras parade season. They throw 'em from the floats.
>
> Yes, they're still wrapped....
>
> JMK

Damn...are they that popular there?

They were all over in NC, but were considered junk food.

Zorro_2K2

unread,
Jan 12, 2003, 11:24:01 AM1/12/03
to

"Carlfia" <car...@optonline.net> wrote in message
news:q1AT9.62581$FT6.9...@news4.srv.hcvlny.cv.net...

And the black comedians are the worst at ridiculing themselves, i.e. Eddie
Murphy, Chris Rock.
Like, it's a wakeup call for them to recognize their own stupidity.
And it seems it's OK for blacks to call each other NIGGER: "Yo' Nigga' ,
wassup ?."

JMK

unread,
Jan 12, 2003, 12:42:37 PM1/12/03
to
"Polfus" <pol...@aol.comLEDZEP> wrote in
news:01c2ba56$d397f420$ea52580c@default:

>
>
> Damn...are they that popular there?

Not really. the only ones that buy them are the
Mardi Gras crews.

>
> They were all over in NC, but were considered junk food.
>

They're junk food here too.

JMK

JMK

unread,
Jan 12, 2003, 12:53:41 PM1/12/03
to
"Polfus" <pol...@aol.comLEDZEP> wrote in
news:01c2ba56$593fc360$ea52580c@default:

>
> RC Cola and MoonPies eventually became a stereotype for blacks...how I
> have no idea.

I've never heard of this, frankly. And I live in Mississippi.
If anyone's got stereotypical rednecks, it's us.

JMK

Polfus

unread,
Jan 12, 2003, 1:34:21 PM1/12/03