The Unknown John Clark????

future perfect

Mar 22, 1998, 3:00:00 AM3/22/98

What ever happened to 'The Unknown John Clark' , the guitarist who replaced
Allan Holdsworth on the last 2 Bruford albums ('Gradually Going Tornado' &
'The Bruford Tapes'). He was very very good, but haven't heard anything
about him.
Thanks,
Dave Eichenberger
'Future Perfect' - progressive art music - visit our website at:
http://www.geocities.com/SoHo/Lofts/8082
"Establish the possible, and move gradually towards the impossible" -Robert
Fripp

YBHappy2

Mar 28, 1998, 3:00:00 AM3/28/98

Yes, I enjoyed his playing too. Haven't heard a word about him in years
either. I guess he went back into anonymity. You might try a search with one
of the search engines or scope out the progressive rock/jazz sites for info.
Maybe Bill Bruford's site? good luck.

Jeff Preston

Mar 28, 1998, 3:00:00 AM3/28/98

I want to say that John was last known to be playing with British pop
vocalist Cliff Richards, but I can't confirm. I carry a lot of useless
trivia in my head, and often get my wires crossed in regards to recalling
relatively unimportant facts. :)

Jeff

--
Jeff Preston
Replies to this e-mail address will fail because mail spammers suck.

gabya...@gmail.com

Nov 10, 2017, 8:07:40 AM11/10/17
its happen that that the unknow john clark is john scotfield yes the guitar player

darryl...@linkenergy.com

Sep 5, 2018, 5:31:42 PM9/5/18
please don't reply if your pulling information out of your ass. If you've heard either guitar player, you would understand how completely asinine that statement was (and is) as their playing styles couldn't be more different.

James Hunt

Jan 24, 2022, 3:30:01 PM1/24/22
He played with Cliff Richard for many years after Bruford.

James Hunt

Jan 24, 2022, 3:31:04 PM1/24/22
On Sunday, March 22, 1998 at 12:00:00 AM UTC-8, future perfect wrote:
> What ever happened to 'The Unknown John Clark' , the guitarist who replaced
> Allan Holdsworth on the last 2 Bruford albums ('Gradually Going Tornado' &
> 'The Bruford Tapes'). He was very very good, but haven't heard anything
> about him.
> Thanks,
> Dave Eichenberger
> 'Future Perfect' - progressive art music - visit our website at:
> http://www.geocities.com/SoHo/Lofts/8082
> "Establish the possible, and move gradually towards the impossible" -Robert
> Fripp
He played for Cliff Richard for many years after Bruford.