Old Palestine Music Festival

1 view

1 Lucky Texan

Mar 31, 2011, 11:37:29 AM3/31/11
My wife and I just returned form a short vacation in east Texas to
attend
the Old Palestine Dulcimer Festival ( http://www.oldpalmusic.com/ ).
Some
ragtime and swing stuff was played. Some bluegrass and blues. Most of
the music is
folk/ 'old-timey'.

The concerts at night were awesome and there was jamming everywhere
during
the day. Plus workshops for guitar, dulcimers, banjos, autoharps -
most any
string instrument and even concertinas. Folks from Colorado,
Wisconsin, N.
Carolina -Steve Eulberg ( http://www.steveeulberg.com/ ), Don Pedi
( http://www.donpedi.com/ ) , Wayne Henderson (completely awesome
guitar picker
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=QkMCPztP9nc AND luthier) from
Virgina(
http://www.waynehenderson.org/Wayne/AboutWayne.htm ). My wife met a
lady
that came from Alabama JUST to jam. Earl Garner showed up too!
( http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Gibg2_VcsE0 ) man, can he fiddle!(he
used to hang with Doc Watson and Bill Monroe)

My wife enjoyed her
workshops. Most of the performers were the instructors! Vendors
selling lots of dulcimer-related stuff and general music-related
items.