Olympia Walkabout Dulcimers

Jim Huitt

Jun 18, 2002, 8:24:24 AM6/18/02
Does anyone know of any dealers that sell the Olympia
Walkabouts. I've tried to contact Olympia but get no
response to phone messages.

Thanks in advance,
Jim Huitt

Wendell Powell

Jun 19, 2002, 12:56:36 AM6/19/02
Jim
I have heard the builder gave it up for guitar building.
Some one made the statement that he would still do special orders
but sounded a little expensive.
I though you were going to build one of my, "Longnecks" ??
If you would reather buy than build, I have a couple of my nicer ones
tucked away in the closet.
Wendell
(Dulciaddict)

Jim Huitt

Jun 19, 2002, 7:59:55 AM6/19/02
Wendell,
I did build one of your "sticks" and I'm about half way thru with
a "longnecks". I'm just trying to help a friend find an Olympia.
Maybe when he hears my longneck he want one of those.
Jim

wrpo...@cswnet.com (Wendell Powell) wrote in

Wendell Powell

Jun 19, 2002, 10:45:46 AM6/19/02
Great!!!
If You take a picture, Email me a copy.
Wendell

lg3...@gmail.com

Apr 11, 2014, 3:01:36 PM4/11/14
HI Jim,

I have an Olympia Walkabout Dulcimer that I will need to sell in the near future. I live in Austin Texas, I have owned the instrument about 2years. My wife and I are moving and I am afraid the dulcimer did not make the cut of things we are going to bring when we move. Also I am in school and it does not get as much use as it deserves. If you think your friend may be interested I am asking $500.00 for it, it is still like new condition I purchased it for about $730 brand new. In any case that may be to much for him but saw your post. my email is jdcour...@gmail.com if you are interested in contacting me.
Joseph