Stand for app dulcimer

nospam Jeff McNeff

Mar 8, 2000, 3:00:00 AM3/8/00
My wife is finally taking lessons on the dulcimer I built for her 10
years ago(no 61/2 fret). Anyone know where I can get her a nice
adjustable stand for her appalacian dulcimer? Jeff

mcash

Mar 8, 2000, 3:00:00 AM3/8/00
I've never seen anyone use a stand for an mt. dulcimer. I
just bought a guitar strap for mine and use a rubber mat on
my lap. I think a stand would put it too high and too far
out of reach. However, I saw a keyboard stand in the music
shop the other day that was similar to an ironing board in
the raising and lowering aspect, and this would probably
work if you are really wanting a stand you could adjust and
put over your lap. It had rubber rollers on top to protect
the back of the instrument.

* Sent from AltaVista http://www.altavista.com Where you can also find related Web Pages, Images, Audios, Videos, News, and Shopping. Smart is Beautiful

Terry

Mar 9, 2000, 3:00:00 AM3/9/00
> My wife is finally taking lessons on the dulcimer I built for her 10
> years ago(no 61/2 fret). Anyone know where I can get her a nice
> adjustable stand for her appalacian dulcimer? Jeff

The best stand I have ever used for a Mt. dulcimer is built and sold by John
Stockard. I use one all the time. I leave a dulcimer in it all the time
and have it so I can just walk up to it any time and play. This stand is
fully adjustable for every angle and will hold any dulcimer very securely.
It can not fall out and is almost imposable to knock it over. Here is his
web address: http://www.geocities.com/Nashville/1556/ . He can tell you
more about them. I know of a lot of people using these and everyone says
they are great and don't know how they got along with out it. It's great
being able to stand up when you play with guitar players. Hope this helps.
If John doesn't have any pictures he can e-mail you let me know and I will
take some of my stand and send you if you want. If you do not know John
Stockard, he makes some beautiful dulcimers and is a great guy.

Terry Lewis
Grayson, GA

Warren W. Allen

Mar 10, 2000, 3:00:00 AM3/10/00
On Wed, 08 Mar 2000 05:25:37 GMT, gon2texs(nospam)@texas.net (Jeff
McNeff) wrote:

>My wife is finally taking lessons on the dulcimer I built for her 10
>years ago(no 61/2 fret). Anyone know where I can get her a nice
>adjustable stand for her appalacian dulcimer? Jeff

John Stockard makes a nice one; I have seen him use it several times,
and the folks who have one like it. Infinitely adjusts. Check his
website and send him an email. (Not cheap - but easy to use and
transport).

wa

ds

Mar 13, 2000, 3:00:00 AM3/13/00
Carl Kirchner is making a nice mountain dulcimer playing stands that folds
like a Shaker table. He brought one by for us to look at. You can contact
him directly at CKirc...@aol.com

--
Bud and Donna Ford
Cripple Creek Dulcimers
Warren W. Allen <tarry...@mindspring.com> wrote in message

Neil Gaston

Mar 19, 2000, 3:00:00 AM3/19/00
Dudley Wood Crafts
4046 Breckenridge Lane
Granite City, IL 62040
618-931-0426

Mr. Dudley makes the best adjustable stand for the mountain dulcimer.
I've been using it professionally for about 5 or 6 years now and
wouldn't dream of being with out it.

Neil Gaston

ngaston.vcf

AL

Mar 20, 2000, 3:00:00 AM3/20/00
He makes a top notch MD capo too.

AL

Neil Gaston

Apr 9, 2000, 3:00:00 AM4/9/00
That he does. I had an opportunity to try his prototype and fell in love
with it. Consequently, I have the very first unit off the production
line. I immediately went down and had my name engraved on it. Good thing
too ... they're as common as herdim picks now.

Neil

ngaston.vcf

tsf...@gmail.com

Oct 7, 2018, 8:15:28 PM10/7/18
On Thursday, March 9, 2000 at 2:00:00 AM UTC-6, Terry wrote:
> > My wife is finally taking lessons on the dulcimer I built for her 10
> > years ago(no 61/2 fret). Anyone know where I can get her a nice
> > adjustable stand for her appalacian dulcimer? Jeff
>
> The best stand I have ever used for a Mt. dulcimer is built and sold by John
> Stockard. I use one all the time. I leave a dulcimer in it all the time
> and have it so I can just walk up to it any time and play. This stand is
> fully adjustable for every angle and will hold any dulcimer very securely.
> It can not fall out and is almost imposable to knock it over. Here is his
> web address: http://www.geocities.com/Nashville/1556/ . He can tell you
> more about them. I know of a lot of people using these and everyone says
> they are great and don't know how they got along with out it. It's great
> being able to stand up when you play with guitar players. Hope this helps.
> If John doesn't have any pictures he can e-mail you let me know and I will
> take some of my stand and send you if you want. If you do not know John
> Stockard, he makes some beautiful dulcimers and is a great guy.
>
> Terry Lewis
> Grayson, GA

I realize it has been years since this was posted, but I am looking for a John Stockard dulcimer stand. Do you want to sell yours?
Terry in Texas