Slap

Aidan Humphreys

Sep 29, 1997, 3:00:00 AM9/29/97

I wonder if I could solicit the help of the NG in resolving a delicate
personal issue.
A few days ago I received a letter from my erstwhile girlfriend. Regular
readers will know that I am madly in love with the most beautiful,
curvatious, sweet natured Warick bass guitar that ever existed. Oh yeah, and
I have a psycopathic German girlfriend too. We have recently parted (for the
5 or 6th time), I left somewhat in haste and thought it better to wait a
week or so before I formally reteived my belongings from her appartment.
Then the letter came. The letter said -

----------------------------------
Dear Aidan

Shortly after you left I had to pay a bill from my legal represtenative. I
was a difficult situation so I pawned you Bass. It will cost you 1800DM plus
350DM handling charges to get it back. You have until the 10th October to
come up with the money.

Cheers
R.
----------------------------------

Imagine how distressed I was to receive such a curt note from someone I had
previously regared as a friend and nymphomaniac. When I telephoned her for
an explanation, I was astonished to find that she found the whole matter
er... amusing!

Now what do you suggest I do?

*Pay up and be humiliated, accepting the money as the price one has to pay
for being sexually attracted to German women.
*Stand on principle and loose the most important thing in my life (the
Warwick, obviously).
*Break into her appartment armed with with a bass ball bat and a telphone
book and wait behind a curtain for her to come home.

Jon Agiato

Sep 29, 1997, 3:00:00 AM9/29/97

Aidan Humphreys <ahu...@c-s-k.de> wrote in article
<60np3j$o0k$1...@trader.ipf.net>...

I suggest you contact local law enforcement and have them accompany you to
her apartment to retrieve your property. If it is indeed sold and out of
her hands you can file in small claims court for the shop to hold the bass
until the case is decided for her to pay to get it back. It is your
property and as such she has no rights to sell it. I would seriously
contact local law enforcement in her neighborhood as well as getting a free
consultation from a lawyer to inquire about your rights. One thing I
wouldn't do is take too much time in doing this, and getting into arguments
with her and or making scenes. Remember, you are the sane one who has been
wronged, now go get your bass back!

Best of luck,

Yours in strength,
Jon Agiato
1st class NFPT
USWF coach
Synergistic Training Systems
Androstene 100mg. 180 caps just $50!
FREE shipping on all orders within the 48 states!

Christopher T. Peake

Sep 29, 1997, 3:00:00 AM9/29/97
to Jon Agiato

This guy is right! This is exactly what you should do.

Bob Gollihur

Sep 29, 1997, 3:00:00 AM9/29/97

That's theft. Make a complaint, promptly, with the local authorities, with
details, so your instrument can be held/seized from the pawnbroker before it
is sold.

Alls fair in love and war, but if somebody screws with my music gear, it
becomes war.
--
Bob
4 Strings 'R' Enuff! http://www.gollihur.com/bass.html

Aidan Humphreys wrote in article <60np3j$o0k$1...@trader.ipf.net>...

Christopher C Smith

Sep 29, 1997, 3:00:00 AM9/29/97

Report it as stolen and tell the police where to find it. That is,
after all, what she did.

Boogie

Sep 30, 1997, 3:00:00 AM9/30/97

( Girlfriend pawning bass story snipped)

>Imagine how distressed I was to receive such a curt note from someone I
had
>previously regared as a friend and nymphomaniac. When I telephoned her
for
>an explanation, I was astonished to find that she found the whole
matter
>er... amusing!
>
>Now what do you suggest I do?

Either call the cops and have her arrested for theft or go into her
place when she's not home and collect enough valuables to take down to
the pawn shop and exchange for your bass. "Sorry honey, I needed to
pay bills so I pawned your family heirlooms. You can get it out of hock
for roughly the same ammount as it would've cost me to get my bass.
Kiss kiss."

In the future I'd recommend steering clear of German women and German
basses.
They're both seductive, but you're better off with a nice Spector bass
and really nice Japanese woman : )

Best of luck,

Guy

Kosta Kostis

Sep 30, 1997, 3:00:00 AM9/30/97

Aidan Humphreys wrote:
> Now what do you suggest I do?

Sag ihr, daß Du sie anzeigst, wenn sie das Teil nicht unverzüglich,
unversehrt und bedingungslos zurückgibt, was Du dann allerdings auch
tun mußt, wenn sie damit dann nicht rüberkommt.

Alle anderen Streitigkeiten und Ansprüche lassen sich *danach*
sicherlich regeln.

Diebstahl und Erpressung machen sich nicht gut vor dem Richter,
das sollte auch Deine Ex schnell kapieren, da sie Gefahr läuft
vor einem solchen zu landen...

> *Break into her appartment armed with with a bass ball bat and a telphone
> book and wait behind a curtain for her to come home.

Keine gute Idee. :)

Viel Glück

Kosta
--
Kosta Kostis, Talstr. 25, D-63322 Rödermark, Germany
http://www.kostis.net/en/private/

Kosta Kostis

Sep 30, 1997, 3:00:00 AM9/30/97

Boogie wrote:
> In the future I'd recommend steering clear of German women and German
> basses.

Steering clear of German women in Germany reduces your chances
to "not very likely". He didn't complain about the bass, though.
A "nice Spector" bass doesn't play any better when it's stolen.

> They're both seductive, but you're better off with a nice Spector bass
> and really nice Japanese woman : )

"Really nice Japanese woman"? Not very many here in Germany.

Bye

blinking...@gmail.com

Dec 16, 2019, 5:46:46 AM12/16/19
>Dear Aidan

>Shortly after you left I had to pay a
>bill from my legal represtenative. I
>was a difficult situation so I pawned
>you Bass. It will cost you 1800DM plus
>350DM handling charges to get it back.
>You have until the 10th October to
>come up with the money

Sounds like a woman who needs to be locked
in the slammer and getting her jaw boxed
everyday by Butch the Bulldyke and her gang.