Jaco's Murderer Still Around?

bassman69

Apr 18, 2006, 5:22:43 PM4/18/06
Is it true that Luc Havan, the person that put Jaco Pastorious in a
eternal coma, still around? I have seen webpages around saying that
there is a Luc Havan in real estate in south florida. can anybody
confirm this?

JL

Apr 18, 2006, 9:57:17 PM4/18/06
I'd heard the murder only served 4 months jail time.

steve.p...@gmail.com

Apr 20, 2006, 3:04:52 PM4/20/06
As "difficult" a person as Jaco seems to have been at that stage in his
life, he sure didn't deserve to be beaten to death for it.

- steve

GrooveinBassSlappinDude

Apr 21, 2006, 8:41:56 PM4/21/06
sad man, both Jaco and James Jamerson would prob still be alive today
given their ages at the time. I wonder what they would have done
musically by now? Jaco would probably still be with Weather.

I never really liked that band, I think they were just riding on Jacos
genius, or maybe I just don't get fusion. When I hear the rest of the
music they came up with for the bass line in Teen Town...Maybe I'm just
a farmin redneck but were the notes and sounds they were playing really
the best suited to Jacos brilliance?. Jaco on the other hand sounds
amazing there, especially next to the noises the rest of the band is
making. Just my beef with that song. sorry I digress

Mark Marsh

Apr 23, 2006, 6:37:06 AM4/23/06

I believe that Jaco also performed the drum part on Teen Town.

Not to take anything away from Jaco - he revolutionized my thinking
about the function of bass, but Weather Report was around a long
time before him, with Miraslav and Al Johnson - neither of whom
are slouches.

Jaco brough a level of commerciality to the band. Fer cryin' out
loud - they performed Birdland on "Don Kirshners Rock Concert"!
-Mark

Beach Runner

Apr 24, 2006, 9:28:07 AM4/24/06

Mark Marsh wrote:

Jaco was a great musician and revolutionary bass player. A lot of
people were inspired by him. Sadly, Jaco did contribute to his demise
through chemical abuse. Certainly, the bouncer had no idea who he was.
So many of the great musicians died tragically early from chemical
abuse. Not to excuse what the bouncer did, but we don't know how
Jaco was acting under the influence. It is very sad.

Mark Marsh

Apr 26, 2006, 2:52:54 AM4/26/06
Beach Runner wrote:

Milcowski's (sp) book says that towards the end Jaco would go into a
bar and pick a fight with the biggest, baddest, meanest, *fellow* he
to be found, and then just stand there and let him wail on him.

I got the impression he was in that mode when the bouncer did him in.

What a choice - he had a biological problem that(not self) medication
would help - at the expense of his creative edge. Hummm...

Yes, he made it worse, and burnt both himself and anyone who was
remotely sympathetic.

The Jaco book is a good, if sadly ending, read.
-Mark

Beach Runner

Apr 26, 2006, 7:45:42 PM4/26/06

Mark Marsh wrote:

I didn't know that. Sadly, often the genius of creativity is on the
edge of madness. It's too bad for the world and his family he wasn't
treated.

Gary Hendershot

Apr 29, 2006, 1:04:50 AM4/29/06

antivir...@yahoo.ca a écrit dans l'article:

> ...I never really liked that band, I think they were just riding on
> Jacos genius, or maybe I just don't get fusion.

Weather Report produced several *excellent* albums before Jaco.

C:\Gary_H@>
http://garyhendershot.com/
ghend...@gmx.de (junk mail)

rtmas...@gmail.com

Jun 15, 2018, 7:13:33 AM6/15/18
He was sick the drugs were a symptom

Beach Runner

Jun 15, 2018, 7:04:50 PM6/15/18
On Friday, June 15, 2018 at 4:13:33 AM UTC-7, rtmas...@gmail.com wrote:
> He was sick the drugs were a symptom

Being sick and having a substance abuse problem does not give bouncers the right to beat someone to death. Only use the minimum necessary to control the gate.

zawa...@gmail.com

Nov 17, 2018, 1:47:51 AM11/17/18

magoobe...@gmail.com

May 27, 2020, 6:10:00 PM5/27/20
The bouncer did in fact know who he was- he didn't care. His father owned the club and he was Vietnamese. Luc Havan, a highly trained martial artist, chased Jaco down an alley, caught him, and proceed to savagely beat him... especially his face.This ultimately caused a brain hemorrhage leading to JACO'S death. Luc Haven only served 4 months- slope- eyed fuck!!

Billy M

Aug 28, 2022, 4:52:08 AM8/28/22
On Wednesday, May 27, 2020 at 3:10:00 PM UTC-7, magoobe...@gmail.com wrote:
> The bouncer did in fact know who he was- he didn't care. His father owned the club and he was Vietnamese. Luc Havan, a highly trained martial artist, chased Jaco down an alley, caught him, and proceed to savagely beat him... especially his face.This ultimately caused a brain hemorrhage leading to JACO'S death. Luc Haven only served 4 months- slope- eyed fuck!!

Magoo, I am not sure what is more tragic: Jaco's unfortunate death, Luc's ,IMO, very light sentence, or your racist post.
At this point, I'm going with you.