High School Pipe Bands

S. McLean

Aug 22, 1995, 3:00:00 AM8/22/95

Hi All,

I have collected what I believe is a list of all of the colleges in the
U.S. that have pipe bands. Now I am looking to compile a list of all
U.S. High Schools with pipe bands. If you know of any high school
pipe bands please e-mail me directly at: <smc...@u.washington.edu>.
The more information you can give me the easier it will be on me,
however, I can do research.

Scott McLean

ULTIM8 ORG

Aug 22, 1995, 3:00:00 AM8/22/95
Here are two H.S. Pipe Sections still confirmed in existance:

Helix High School Highlander Band (San Diego, CA)
Glendora High School Tartan Band (Glendora, CA)

Here are some questionables:

Fairfield High Scarlet Brigade (California)
Pleasenton High Yellow-Jackets (California)

And here is my alma mater now defunct in pipes:

Vista High School Regimental Band (Vista, CA)

Hope it helps!

:::::: Kevin M. Heffner ::::::
ulti...@aol.com
Assistant Drum Major, Phoenix Scottish Pipe Band
Distant member of Clan MacRae
Village Idiot and hell of a great guy!
"Lang may yer lum reek!"

Dewey Dykstra, Jr.

Aug 23, 1995, 3:00:00 AM8/23/95
>Here are two H.S. Pipe Sections still confirmed in existance:
>
>Helix High School Highlander Band (San Diego, CA)
>Glendora High School Tartan Band (Glendora, CA)
>
>Here are some questionables:
>
>Fairfield High Scarlet Brigade (California)
>Pleasenton High Yellow-Jackets (California)
>
>And here is my alma mater now defunct in pipes:
>
>Vista High School Regimental Band (Vista, CA)
>
>Hope it helps!
>
>:::::: Kevin M. Heffner ::::::

There is also a high school in El Paso TX which has a bagpipe band. The
band director and a couple of his students attend the Balmoral School in
Tacoma, WA in 1984.

Dewey

Dewey I. Dykstra, Jr. Phone: (208)385-3105
Professor of Physics Dept: (208)385-3775
Department of Physics/SN318 Fax: (208)385-4330
Boise State University dyks...@varney.idbsu.edu
1910 University Drive Boise Highlanders
Boise, ID 83725-1570 novice piper

Daniel Bell

Aug 24, 1995, 3:00:00 AM8/24/95
In article
<Pine.A32.3.91j.95082...@homer11.u.washington.edu>, "S.
McLean" <smc...@u.washington.edu> wrote:

Rockville High School, in Rockville MD, has a band, which dates back 30+
years. Mike Scott, of the City of Washington PB (I can't find his email
address, but he posts to this group occasionally) is the current piping
tutor. Please feel free to contact me if you'd like more information, and
I can e-mail you whatever I put together.

Cheers,

Daniel Bell
db...@jhuvms.hcf.jhu.edu
P/M, 1991-1993

Pipermom1

Aug 25, 1995, 3:00:00 AM8/25/95
Back in the lat 60's Thornridge High School in Dolton, Illinois added a
small
band to their "Lassies" Scottish drill and dance team. They started back
then
with 4 pipers and 4 drummers. Have no idea what happened after that. The
high
school had a Scottish theme.

CannyScot

Aug 29, 1995, 3:00:00 AM8/29/95
Dunedin, Fl. has an excellant pipe band taught by Sandy Keith

PipeMajor

Aug 29, 1995, 3:00:00 AM8/29/95
Try the St. Thomas Episcopal high school pipe band of Houston TX.
I think they just took 1st in juvinile worlds. The band director is
Michael Cusak.

PipeMajor
PipeMajor