Piob Mhor bagpipes?

Fiveandon

May 5, 2001, 3:02:31 PM5/5/01
I see an advert in my local paper for a set of Piob Mhor bagpipes, offers
wanted.
Does anybody know anything about these pipes? Are they likely to be Pakistani?

Cheers

Don.

Bill

May 5, 2001, 6:04:54 PM5/5/01
I dont know about Pakistani, I think they are really made in Scotland, but I
know one guy with a set, and he has to keep gluing on his ferrules because they
constantly pop-off. This seems to be a common problem since they are commonly
reffered to as "Glue-mhors."

Bill

Michael Le boeuf

May 5, 2001, 8:48:54 PM5/5/01
I have heard these pipes, and I have tried them. They are nothing great,
nothing to brag about.
Mike
"Bill" <mrrob...@aol.com> wrote in message

Who?

May 5, 2001, 9:04:39 PM5/5/01
I'll add that sound wise I wasn't particurly impressed, like you said,
nothing great, nothing real bad.
"Michael Le boeuf" <ted...@worldnet.att.net> wrote in message

Calum

May 6, 2001, 11:23:55 AM5/6/01
They are genuinely made in Scotland, but there quality varies. They
have had dedicated turners through there in the past, who threw in the
towel after seeing the attitude of other turners there.

They may be good, but they are more likely to be firewood.

Cheers,
Calum

Dean Hatch

May 7, 2001, 1:29:33 PM5/7/01
I have a set which I like just fine. Their chanters aren't noteworthy, the
drones are good, I've had mine 3 years now. If I bought another set I
wouldn't hesitate to get Piob Mhor. Yes they are Blackwood (well seasoned)
and they are not paki.

Piob Mhor

Address: 37-43 HIGH STREET
BLAIRGOWRIE
SCOTLAND
Postcode: PH10 6DA
Tel: ++44 (0) 1250 87 2131
Fax: ++44 (0) 1250 87 4741
(Click to send one) e-mail
(Click to go there) website
Contact: GWEN MILNE
Styles Available: Tartan; Celtic; Scottish
Main Products: KILTS BAGPIPES SPORRANS
Brand Names: KILTIE KELTIC

"Who?" <vze2...@verizon.net> wrote in message

Bill

May 7, 2001, 2:18:46 PM5/7/01
>I have a set which I like just fine.

Well as long as your satisfied with mediocraty, thats all that matters.
Bill

Bill

May 7, 2001, 5:49:40 PM5/7/01
mediocrity, Matt? lol
Bill

Robert Findley

Sep 20, 2022, 5:55:14 AM9/20/22
Hi Don. MacPhee Pipes are the best they are made by Michael MacPhee at Weston NSW I know the family very well and recommend them to the highest standard.