The Differences Between Songwriting in NYC & Nashville

1 view

usasong

May 16, 2011, 10:22:01 PM5/16/11
The Differences Between Songwriting in NYC & Nashville
~written by Cliff Goldmacher

As a transplanted songwriter from Nashville to New York City, I've had
the chance to observe, up close, the approaches to songwriting and the
songwriting communities in both cities. While there are of course
many similarities, there are also quite a few differences. By the way,
I feel I should mention that the following observations are really
more my impressions than hard facts.

Differences Within the Similarities
In this article, I'll start with a similarity between New York and
Nashville as it's readily apparent and then explain how, within that
similarity, one city differs from the other. One of the first
similarities is that both cities have huge songwriting populations.
The depth and breadth of talent in both places encompass many more
genres that the obvious country music for Nashville and pop and rock
music for New York. There are great pop writers in the suburbs of
Nashville and extremely accomplished country songwriters living in
Greenwich Village. Click here to read more:
http://www.songwriting.net/blog/bid/57769/The-Differences-Between-Songwriting-in-NYC-Nashville

Jessica Brandon
Artists Relations
USA Songwriting Competition