Q: Hanzel und Gretyl Tour?

Michael Mierzwa

Jul 4, 2003, 1:41:41 PM7/4/03
A little over a week ago the revised schedule for the Hate Dept. tour
was posted on this newsgroup:

> To all concerned:
>
> Hate Dept. will not be performing with Hanzel und Gretyl on the Fukken
> Uber Tour:
>
> 13 - CA, Los Angeles - House of Blues
> 14 - CA, San Diego, Brick By Brick
> 15 - CA, Sacramento - The Roadhouse
> 16 - CA, Eureka - Club Eros @ Club West
> 17 - CA, San Fran- DNA Lounge
> 18 - WA, Seattle - Catwalk
> 19 - OR, Portland-Paris Theatre
>
> Please accept our sincerest apologies. We send our best wishes for a
> successful event.

But this week Metropolis (I'm assuming on the behalf of Hanzel und
Gretyl) posted the following:

> HANZYL UND GRETYL - Fukken Uber North American Tour 2003 (all dates w/ VOODOU)
> 07/03/03 @ Nation - Washington, DC
> 07/04/03 @ Masquerade - Atlanta, GA
> 07/05/03 @ Masquerade - Tampa, FL
> 07/06/03 @ Cowhaus - Talahassee, FL
> 07/07/03 @ Numbers - Houston, TX
> 07/08/03 @ Elysium - Austin, TX
> 07/09/03 @ Trees - Dallas, TX
> 07/13/03 @ House of Blues - Los Angeles, CA (w/ HATE DEPT.)
> 07/14/03 @ Brick by Brick - San Diego, CA (w/ HATE DEPT.)
> 07/15/03 @ House of Blues - Anaheim, CA (w/ HATE DEPT.)
> 07/17/03 @ DNA Lounge - San Francisco, CA (w/ HATE DEPT.)
> 07/18/03 @ Catwalk - Seattle, WA (w/ HATE DEPT.)
> 07/19/03 @ Paris Theatre - Portland, OR (w/ HATE DEPT.)
> 07/21/03 @ DV8 - Salt Lake City, UT
> 07/22/03 @ Bluebird Theatre - Denver, CO (w/ HATE DEPT.)
> 07/23/03 @ The Bunker - Kansas City, MO
> 07/24/03 @ Alvin's - Detroit, MI
> 07/25/03 @ Warehouse - LaCrosse, WI
> 07/27/03 @ Double Door - Chicago, IL
> 07/28/03 @ Skully's - Columbus, OH
> 07/30/03 @ Webster Theatre - Hartford, CT
> 07/31/03 @ Axis - Boston, MA (w/ BATTERY CAGE)
> 08/01/03 @ Webster Hall - New York, NY (w/ CLAY PEOPLE)

I'm guessing this week's Metropolis info is correct, but I was hoping
somebody else might be able to confirm the second tour dates. But then
again, Metropolis seems to spell the bands name differently than their
own webpage.

I particular, I'm wondering what happened to the July 15 date, as
originally I was planning to see them in Sacramento. Though now it
looks like I'll see them and Hate Dept in San Francisco a day or two later.

Thanks,
-Michael

Bat

Jul 5, 2003, 7:42:50 PM7/5/03

"Michael Mierzwa" <mmie...@ix.netcom.com> wrote in message

Metropolis's site shows not this list you have posted but the list with Sac
& Eureka:

http://www.metropolis-records.com/?/news/HuG.php

Hate Dept is also back on the bill -

You can also see them at Eros in Eureka ;-), the new club I've started up
here w/da local crew.

http://members.cox.net/cluberos

DNA Lounge is a great place too - Jamie rocks for re-opening that place.

Bat
http://www.cyberden.com/

Veni Vidi Exii

Jul 5, 2003, 8:32:09 PM7/5/03

> A little over a week ago the revised schedule for the Hate
> Dept. tour was posted on this newsgroup:

<SNIP>

> I particular, I'm wondering what happened to the July 15
> date, as originally I was planning to see them in
> Sacramento. Though now it looks like I'll see them and
> Hate Dept in San Francisco a day or two later.

Cross-reference. Those were Hate Dept's dates that they are no
longer doing. Its also possible that date changes occurred - it
happens occasionally, moving to new venues and such. Go by what
the band says first, but always doublecheck with the venue prior
to hitting a show if something's in question. The label might
be off by a week or so, esp. if they're not booking it.
--
-Chris
"The 80s sucked in the 80s, and they still suck now."

Michael Mierzwa

Jul 6, 2003, 8:44:07 PM7/6/03
Bat wrote:

> Metropolis's site shows not this list you have posted but the list with Sac
> & Eureka:
>
> http://www.metropolis-records.com/?/news/HuG.php

Thanks!

Having deleted my Metropolis email already, I'm guessing they just
pulled an old list of tour dates, but in anycase, I'm happy to see the
new one has a Sacto stop.

Michael