BAD TRADER ALERT: subFAN aka Kyle Lemke <lemke@gatewest.net>

Christopher Miller

May 10, 1997, 3:00:00 AM5/10/97

Hello Folks.

I just wanted to let you know about a bad trading experience I've just
recently had. Some of you probably remember me putting up for sale the
"Intolerance" bootleg cd by Skinny Puppy at the very beginning of March
this year.

Well, arrangements were made shortly afterward between myself and the
highest bidder, subFAN aka KYLE LEMKE <le...@gatewest.net>, for the disc to
be sent to him and upon its arrival he would then promptly send me payment.
His main concern was that he didn't know me and that he thought I would
`rip him off'. To show my sincerity and trustworthiness, I went ahead and
executed my end of the deal first.

At the very beginning of April Kyle did in fact send e-mail letting me
know that he did in fact receive the disc. He then went on to tell me that
he did not have the money to send me because of unforeseen circumstances.
I was a little perturbed at this news, but we then came to yet another
agreement where he would have the money out to me by the very end of April.
He assured me that this would be `no problem'.

The end of April passed (without one message from him) and I contacted
Kyle once again asking for an update in his progress. I e-mailed him
several times (between May 1st through a few days ago), yet still received
absolutely no responses from him. I set a third deadline for him to *at
least* get in contact with me by Friday the 9th, so we could work out this
predicament. Needless to say, Kyle is still ignoring me.

So, if anyone is planning on conducting any business with Kyle Lemke
(aka subFAN) in the future, I STRONGLY recommend against doing so. He is
untrustworthy and dishonest to say the least. Here is all the information
I have on him:
Kyle Lemke
115 Luxton Avenue
Winnipeg Manitoba Canada
R2W 0L8

Also, he hosts these following sites:

Dead Voices On Air Final Abrasions
http://www.gatewest.net/~lemke/dvoa/index.html

Skinny Puppy At The End Of The Process
http://www.gatewest.net/~lemke

And here's his e-mail address:

subFAN <le...@gatewest.net>

Thank you for your time. It's a sad situation when it has to come to
this, hm Kyle?

elyk.
.`--).
o o ._)
christopher miller ==;'
ev...@digital.net =='
'

ka...@email.blaster.sucks.com

May 11, 1997, 3:00:00 AM5/11/97

> At the very beginning of April Kyle did in fact send e-mail letting me
>know that he did in fact receive the disc. He then went on to tell me that
>he did not have the money to send me because of unforeseen circumstances.
>I was a little perturbed at this news, but we then came to yet another
>agreement where he would have the money out to me by the very end of April.
>He assured me that this would be `no problem'.

Why don't you tell us how much his bid was? Sounds to me like you were just
so greedy you jumped at a figure that was certainly worth much more than the
CD. And now you're complaining about getting ripped off. Don't you realize
that these CD auctions are also attempts to rip people off? Sure, nobody has
to buy anything they don't want to but that doesn't change the fact that
you're greedy. If you're looking for a good investment in commodities, park
it in pork futures or coffee beans... ripping off poor disenfranchised skinny
puppy kids is downright cruel.

So really, I have no sympathy for you. I hate getting ripped off on CD
>trades< too. But I don't go asking for it like you did.

Staplegun

May 11, 1997, 3:00:00 AM5/11/97

Oh, come off it. Auctions are not a "rip off". The prices may be
higher than a regular sale, but like you said, you've got FREE WILL,
dopey. Maybe their mommies shouldn't let Skinny Puppy fans have
computers and internet access if they can't help their poor
disenfranchised selves from bidding on things they can't afford.
Boo-hoo, you can't afford another fucking CD, let's take up a
collection.

Purveyor of sinister whimsey to the wretched.

Craig Leve

May 15, 1997, 3:00:00 AM5/15/97

is ok because prices are too high-

I have to ask - what does it matter what his bid was. Don't bid something
you don't want to pay and you won't get ripped off. It's that simple. But
bidding something and not following through is simply dishonest, and
unacceptable. There is no greed on these marketplace groups - only
dealmaking. Any item is worth what someone will pay for it, no more and no
less. If some folks hold out for a higher price, that's their perogative -
they own the item. They can sell for how much they choose, and when they
choose. If you are cheated by someone, that's different - it ruins the
whole system of rec.music.marketplace.cds, and other marketplace groups.
The orginal poster did the right thing, giving the buyer every opportunity
to make good on his payment, and showed more patience than I would have in
similar circumstances. One of the strongest tools we have in that situation
is to post bad experiences - it both protects and informs others and
provides a social consequence for unacceptable behavior.

I've both bought and sold on the internet, though mostly bought. As of yet,
I haven't been 'cheated' even once on either end of the bargain - though
I've come close to thinking I was a couple times. Still everyone I've
dealt with has come through in the end with either promised merchandise or
$$.

I'm sorry that you feel ripped off by sellers, but you always have the
choice to not pay what's being asked - as you yourself said. Asking high
prices does not justify truly cheating anyone.

best-
craig leve

ka...@email.blaster.sucks.com wrote in article
<5l41n5$ih0$2...@carrera.intergate.bc.ca>...

sister ghost

Dec 8, 2021, 6:11:40 AM12/8/21

This was quite the surprise to see!
To clear the air, THIS is the Adult Kyle Lemke - LOL
That sounds like me at 16-17 years old, I mean, the logic was,
well, quite still baking in the oven haha.
find me on Insta we shall Korrect ;)

Kyle "Marxesque" Lemke