songs with samples from "Hellraiser"?

BRIAN DAMAGE

Oct 18, 1994, 4:30:04 PM10/18/94
Hi everyone...
By way of introduction, my name is Brian Damage, and I'm
involved in a lot of stuff relating to the industrial music
scene here in Montreal, including a band (PHYCUS) and a show
on McGill U. radio, CKUT 90.3 FM, called "The Late Night
Atrocity Exhibition".
Anyway, I'll post further on these activities at another time,
but for now I'm looking for song that use samples from Clive
Barker's "Hellraiser" movies for the Hallowe'en edition of the
show.
Any suggestions?
Thanks,
Brian.

940724 00001445kefgsxanlfqske
940724 00029567kefglpyglfbqspl
940724 00035401qptgcnlstgsxanlfqske

Geoff Weasel

Oct 19, 1994, 2:23:23 AM10/19/94
In article <18OCT94.16...@VM1.MCGILL.CA>, BRIAN DAMAGE <BK7...@MUSICB.MCGILL.CA> writes:
> but for now I'm looking for song that use samples from Clive
> Barker's "Hellraiser" movies for the Hallowe'en edition of the
> show.
> Any suggestions?

Well, the only ones i can think of offhand are "Fascist Jock Itch" on Skinny
Puppy's RABIES album ("JEEEEEEESUS wept!") and the "Cannibal SOng" by Ministry
(MIND...), namely the doctor's "The mind is a pattern..." speech from
HELLRAISER ][...

Of course, what would also be fitting (if you can find it) are Coil's
UNRELEASED THEMES FROM HELLRAISER...

--- Geoff We@sel

FBI Warning: Internal Affairs is always watching, so FBI guys -- keep it clean,
keep it legal. You have been warned.

RaVal

Oct 20, 1994, 3:26:30 PM10/20/94
"Atrocity" by Vein Cage... from the Feral Din CD.
Uses "we'll tear your sould apart" "this is it... (let me...) no don't
touch it, it's dangerous... it opens doors" "doors to the pleasures of
heaven and hell" "I didn't care which" "demons to some, angels to
others"...

john hamilton kimble

Oct 18, 1994, 9:45:12 PM10/18/94

There is an acid techno song on the comp. analog heaven dist by Sonic records that has some hellraiser samples!
LjSkD

David Coles

Oct 21, 1994, 8:06:15 AM10/21/94
In article 35...@bsuvc.bsu.edu, 00gdw...@bsuvc.bsu.edu (Geoff Weasel) writes:
>In article <18OCT94.16...@VM1.MCGILL.CA>, BRIAN DAMAGE <BK7...@MUSICB.MCGILL.CA> writes:
>> but for now I'm looking for song that use samples from Clive
>> Barker's "Hellraiser" movies for the Hallowe'en edition of the
>> show.
>> Any suggestions?

Biochip C "Fucking Evil"
big chunks from Hellraiser 3

"There is a secret song at the centre of the world, and its sound is like
razors through flesh. Oh you can hear it's faint echo right now. I'm here to
turn up the volume, to press the stinking face of humanity into the dark blood
of its own secret heart. Shall we begin"
(i know thats all been stitched together from a longer speech)

"I'll free you from the future"

and of course:
"That was fucking evil man!"

Dave

Peter Cigehn

Oct 19, 1994, 5:38:47 AM10/19/94
BRIAN DAMAGE (BK7...@MUSICB.MCGILL.CA) wrote:
: Anyway, I'll post further on these activities at another time,

: but for now I'm looking for song that use samples from Clive
: Barker's "Hellraiser" movies for the Hallowe'en edition of the
: show.
: Any suggestions?

A look in the Top Sample Sources List reveals the following information
regarding Hellraiser and Hellraiser II:

5. Hellraiser [84 points] (14 groups, 14 songs, 32 samples)
"Jesus wept!" (Note: This line appears as a flashback in Hellraiser II)
- Skinny Puppy, Fascist Jock Itch, Rabies

"Jesus wept!"
- Ministry, Just One Fix, Psalm 69

"Jesus..."
"Demons to some, angels to others."
- Leaether Strip, Satanic Citizen, Science For The Satanic Citizen

"We will tear your soul apart!"
- Intermix, s+M=y, Intermix

"We have such sights to show you."
- Wrathchild America, What's Your Pleasure?, 3-D

"Daddy... No don't mourn him, he was dead long before we ever touched him"
- Swamp Terrorists, Rosebud, Grim-Stroke-Disease

"Jesus wept!"
- Hoodlum Priest, Talk Dirty, Heart of Darkness

"No tears, please! It's such a waste of good suffering!"
- Red Red Groove, No Tears, Cyberflesh Conspiracy Compilation

"You want it? You want it? Fucking have it!"
- Senseless Things, Homophobic Asshole (single), Empire of the Senseless

"Oh, no tears, please. It's a waste of good suffering."
"We have such sights to show you."
"Jesus wept."
- Creaming Jesus, Casserole, Too fat to run - too stupid to hide

"Who are you?"
"Explorers in the further regions of experience."
"Angels to some, Demons to others."
- Terminal Power Company, Trancefusion, The Hunger The Heat (CD single)

"Don't look at me!"
"Oh my God!"
"Oh my God!" (Note: Different voice)
"Jesus..."
"Don't touch me!"
"Come to daddy..."
"Jesus wept!"
"Don't look!"
- Blind Vision, Don't Look At Me (G-Mix), Don't Look At Me (12")

"This is it."
"Let me!"
"No don't touch it, it's dangerous, it opens doors. Doors to the pleasures
of heaven or hell.
"I didn't care much."
"Demons to some, angels to others."
"We'll tear your soul apart!"
- Vein Cage, Atrocity, Feral Din

"We have such sights to show you."
"This isn't for your eyes"
- Meat Beat Manifesto, Re-Animator (Part 1), Storm the Studio

21. Hellraiser II [34 points] (7 groups, 7 songs, 10 samples)
"The mind is a labyrinth, ladies and gentlemen, a puzzle, and while the paths
of the brain are clearly visible, its ways deceptively patterned, its
destinations are unknown, its secrets still secrets, and, if we are honest,
it is the lure of the labyrinth that leads us into our chosen field, to
unlock those secrets..."
"We, as explorers of the mind, must devote our minds and energies to conquer
further, to trail the unexplored corridors in the hope of finding ultimately
the final solution..."
"We have to see, we have to know..."
- BiGod 20, I-Q (Mindless Version), The Bog (single)

"We have to see, we have to know..."
- Blind Vision, Near Dark, Technopolis 4

"The mind is a labyrinth..."
- Ministry, Cannibal Song, The Mind is a Terrible Thing to Taste

"Close to the pleasures of heaven or Hell, I didn't care which..."
- Hoodlum Priest, Talk Dirty, Heart of Darkness

"Get 'em off me!!"
"Live on fear..."
- Noise Unit, No Soul No Fear, Strategy of Violence

"They live on fear, they live on fear..."
- Skinny Puppy, Shadow Cast, Cleanse Fold and Manipulate

"It is desire!"
- Watchmen, Obsession, Is God in Showbusiness Too?

Hope that these can be to any help...

/Peter Cigehn

--
| Peter Cigehn, Erisoft AB, Box 4205, S-904 06 Umea, Sweden |
| E-mail: Peter....@um.erisoft.se | Memo: ERI.EPL.EPLPC |

Rick Denoble

Oct 19, 1994, 2:47:15 PM10/19/94
: but for now I'm looking for song that use samples from Clive

: Barker's "Hellraiser" movies for the Hallowe'en edition of the
: show.

'Atomic Fashion' by Tallisker Tale, off the Doctor Death's Vol. V
CD from C'est la Mort records...

r.

mr.self....@sfnet.com

Oct 19, 1994, 8:20:43 AM10/19/94

Skinny Puppy's "Fascist Jock Itch" (off of _Rabies_ (1989)) includes the sample
"Jesus wept" from _Hellraiser_.. I also know there are samples from one of the
Hellraiser flicks in a Meat Beat Manifesto song off of _Storm The Studio_ but I
can't remember the name of it...

Placebozoid

Oct 23, 1994, 6:40:03 PM10/23/94
BRIAN DAMAGE (BK7...@MUSICB.MCGILL.CA) wrote:
: Anyway, I'll post further on these activities at another time,

: but for now I'm looking for song that use samples from Clive
: Barker's "Hellraiser" movies for the Hallowe'en edition of the
: show.

Besides all the obvious "Jesus Wept"'s, "Demons to some, Angels
to others"'s and "We'll tear your soul apart"'s sampled by everyone from
Skinny Puppy, to Leatherstrip, to Vein Cage, to FLA etc. etc. etc.,
there's also the "What's your pleasure sir?" sample that Bleeding Stone
uses on their "Silent Insnanity" EP, (I believe it's in the song "To
prepare a Face."
Like I said, there are a hell of a lot of other ones, but most of
them are listed in the hellraiser sample source. Bleeding Stone was the
only one I knew off the top of my head who weren't. (Perhaps because
they're unsigned?)
--
------------------------------------------------------------------ "Amid All
| "There is a song at the center of the Earth,___ /_\ | This
| And its sound is razors through flesh." ' I | | Confusion
| -Pinhead <---I--|------A---> | We lose
| I | | sight of
| P-L-A-C-E-B-O-Z-O-I-D (rive...@netcom.com) |___/ | the enemy
| _________________________________________________|_____________| like evil
Gods of Destruction They Move through liquid \|/ transparencies..."-FLA

Dv8er

Oct 19, 1994, 6:07:07 PM10/19/94
In article <18OCT94.16...@VM1.MCGILL.CA>, BRIAN DAMAGE
<BK7...@MUSICB.MCGILL.CA> writes:

I did a song that used "We'll tear your soul apart". Ya want it?

-Dv

Ehren A. Fickersher

Oct 26, 1994, 5:24:38 PM10/26/94
mikec...@delphi.com writes:

>Placebozoid <rive...@netcom.com> writes:
>
>>BRIAN DAMAGE (BK7...@MUSICB.MCGILL.CA) wrote:
>>: Anyway, I'll post further on these activities at another time,
>>: but for now I'm looking for song that use samples from Clive
>>: Barker's "Hellraiser" movies for the Hallowe'en edition of the
>>: show.
>

>the only other one i can think of is "Your suffering will be legendary...
>even in hell!" and "you got a ticket to hell?" both from Hellraiser II and
>both from the song "thrownonthealter" from _indian rope burn_...
>
>-mike

Paul W. Campbell

Oct 26, 1994, 8:18:45 PM10/26/94
:
: >BRIAN DAMAGE (BK7...@MUSICB.MCGILL.CA) wrote:
: >: Anyway, I'll post further on these activities at another time,
: >: but for now I'm looking for song that use samples from Clive
: >: Barker's "Hellraiser" movies for the Hallowe'en edition of the
: >: show.
:
: the only other one i can think of is "Your suffering will be legendary...

: even in hell!" and "you got a ticket to hell?" both from Hellraiser II and
: both from the song "thrownonthealter" from _indian rope burn_...
:

hi mike haven't seen you in a while ! i am re-working an old song of mine
that uses a few samples from hellraiser two. "leviathan, lord of the
labyrinth" and some other stuff comes up, plus some samples from american
werewolf in london, which is a pretty fun film. sorry that the track
won't be out for a while, though. i have to bust out a few other vocal
thingies first. soon enough, i'll get this re-done. i like it too much to
let it just gather dust. it is quirky old style electronic stuff. fun.

... Paul Campbell = mco...@infinet.com ...................

..... Pounce, Intl.
.... Po Box 164171 .............
......... cols, Oh 43216-4171 USA .............

Charles Burns

Oct 27, 1994, 2:31:11 PM10/27/94
Coptic Rain uses samples from "Hellraiser" on their album Dies Irae, but
I can't remember offhand the exact samples or song titles. One song, I'm
pretty sure, uses "Jesus wept" from the first film, just like SP's
"Fascist Jockitch" from Rabies.

Charles J. Burns VII

Karl F Everitt

Oct 27, 1994, 9:34:17 PM10/27/94
00gdw...@bsuvc.bsu.edu (Geoff Weasel) writes:

>In article <18OCT94.16...@VM1.MCGILL.CA>, BRIAN DAMAGE <BK7...@MUSICB.MCGILL.CA> writes:
>> but for now I'm looking for song that use samples from Clive
>> Barker's "Hellraiser" movies for the Hallowe'en edition of the
>> show.
>> Any suggestions?

>Well, the only ones i can think of offhand are "Fascist Jock Itch" on Skinny
>Puppy's RABIES album ("JEEEEEEESUS wept!") and the "Cannibal SOng" by Ministry
>(MIND...), namely the doctor's "The mind is a pattern..." speech from
>HELLRAISER ][...

Although it's not ENTIRELY appropriate to mention it here, there is a
sound byte in a techno (Ackthhhpppppppthth) song, called Beans & Barley,
by a group/person called Third Mind. It's on the comp `Kickin Mental
Detergent', and is the sound byte of the guy from Hellraiser III (?)
saying Please, Get Them Off Me [the maggots he thinks are tunneling in his
arms]. Take it for what it's worth...
--
Karl Everitt
keve...@gac.edu

Per Goetterup

Oct 29, 1994, 6:44:30 AM10/29/94
In article <xu+Uqlr.m...@delphi.com>, mikec...@delphi.com wrote:
> Placebozoid <rive...@netcom.com> writes:
>
> >BRIAN DAMAGE (BK7...@MUSICB.MCGILL.CA) wrote:
> >: Anyway, I'll post further on these activities at another time,
> >: but for now I'm looking for song that use samples from Clive
> >: Barker's "Hellraiser" movies for the Hallowe'en edition of the
> >: show.
>
> the only other one i can think of is "Your suffering will be legendary...
> even in hell!" and "you got a ticket to hell?" both from Hellraiser II and
> both from the song "thrownonthealter" from _indian rope burn_...

We did a song once using the "We have such sights to show you!" sample
from the first movie. We also used a lot of the background sound (heavily
treated) for percussion, ambience or breaks...

--
| Per Goetterup Internet: p...@login.dknet.dk |
| Student, Computer Science ball...@diku.dk |

Flood room streets, moonlight shine, hope under will...
Worms in skin, demoned device, fear under will...
Hanging up on a cross of pain, feeling shock, polluted brain
Dancing shadows around my eyes, loosen face then torture cries...
-- yelworC, "Soulhunter" --

juggalos4...@gmail.com

Jan 30, 2014, 10:38:42 AM1/30/14
i am looking for a song that uses the sound bit from hellraiser 1 i think ICP did the song but i cant think of the name of it but in the song it uses the line "we have such sights to show you" and its driving me insane right now

mimus

Jan 30, 2014, 6:53:18 PM1/30/14
"Brian Damage", If Indeed That Is His Real Name, has been looking for
twenty years.

Good luck.

Here's some other horror samples though:
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=u5QIS07DhzM
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=AQMB95GV_FY

Mark 13/Survival had a lot of horror-samples on it, but I can't find it
(I was thinking in particular of "Instability") on the Web (good release,
at least one stupidly bad review).

--

Let there be necromantic throbbing.

--
.sigzip:*
Message has been deleted

burn...@gmail.com

Aug 29, 2015, 2:06:30 AM8/29/15
On Wednesday, October 19, 1994 at 11:45:12 AM UTC+10, john hamilton kimble wrote:
> There is an acid techno song on the comp. analog heaven dist by Sonic records that has some hellraiser samples!
> LjSkD

Do you know the name of the track?!

tmcol...@googlemail.com

Feb 16, 2016, 3:32:09 PM2/16/16
There was a hardcore track when I used to rave at diehard in leicester. It sampled "the box.. you opened it we came. But it's just a puzzle box. .. oh no it is a means to summon us... we'll tear your soul apart.
I've searched countless sites and nothing. Anyone know please

aggrod...@gmail.com

Apr 11, 2016, 11:52:03 AM4/11/16
Beborn Beton "Dr Channard"

iled...@gmail.com

Sep 29, 2017, 11:54:29 AM9/29/17
While we're on the subject;,- In my own search for music, - i was lead here.
I heard a song, taped from the radio with the Line from the Later Evil Queen remix from Shimmon and Wolfson, but this was much earlier than that, by some 3 years at least , and was a meandering kind of trance song, lasting over 7 minutes as i remember.
I have looked tirelessly for it since, but, apart from a couple of other electronic type tunes, calling themselves "evil queen- original version"- which are nothing like it (It has a distinctive house beat),,- i have had no luck.
Does anyone here know this tune?
Thanks.

leight...@gmail.com

Jan 14, 2018, 12:27:38 PM1/14/18
Holy hell....I THINK WE'VE BOTH BEEN LOOKING FOR THE SAME SONG.

I've legit been trying to track this song down for 8 years. I first heard it as a kid when I lived in Germany.

Brian Grubba

Jan 14, 2018, 5:37:40 PM1/14/18
OT but is this group still active? I used to read it a long time ago and now it just looks like new posts are replies to extremely old necros.
Message has been deleted

mz9...@gmail.com

Mar 29, 2018, 4:26:32 AM3/29/18
The Top Sample Sources list is longer now, and contains the name of the track that *I* came here looking for (Tumor - Seelenfresser - "Come To Daddy").

And here's a link to the list in case anyone else is curious:
http://samplelist.wikia.com/wiki/Hellraiser

And this is probably the original list (now in web archive):
http://web.archive.org/web/20041016123516/http://www.sloth.org:80/samples-bin/samples/source?exact=Hellraiser

arta...@gmail.com

May 9, 2019, 7:10:21 PM5/9/19
Ok, 15 years after original repost just want to add the song I just spent 6 months on and off trying to remember.

Emotional Decay by Beseech off of their album Sunless Days includes some of Dr. Channard’s monologue “The mind is a labyrinth, ladies and gentlemen ... etc.”

Gabriel Anjos

Jan 17, 2023, 7:58:42 AM1/17/23
On Tuesday, February 16, 2016 at 12:32:09 PM UTC-8, tmcol...@googlemail.com wrote:
> There was a hardcore track when I used to rave at diehard in leicester. It sampled "the box.. you opened it we came. But it's just a puzzle box. .. oh no it is a means to summon us... we'll tear your soul apart.
> I've searched countless sites and nothing. Anyone know please
very first song from this goth radio
New Dark Electro, EBM, Industrial, Synthpop, Gothic, Cyber - Communion After Dark - 6/09/2014
link:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=aL0lyDC_dCI