NIN Discography

Paul Vargo

May 4, 1993, 9:03:06 PM5/4/93
Updates to the file:
--------------------

Solid Gold Hell "live recording"
and some minor corrections/additions.

Enjoy,

pauli

NINE INCH NAILS DISCOGRAPHY
By: pa...@ais.org (141.211.206.17)
last update: April 13, 1993

Thanks for the help in the discography to:
Doug Bailey (me...@wpi.epi.edu) for input.
Joshua Buergel (jb...@andrew.cmu.edu) for the vinyl information.
Sid (sso...@silver.ucs.indiana.edu) for the non NIN info.
Stephen Mulrine (au...@cleveland.freenet.edu) for import information.
Bob Gajarsky (gaja...@pilot.njin.edu) for live recording info.

I need your vinyl, cassette, imports, bootlegs, etc info that's not here.

Track times taken from CD. If not on the CD, times taken from my player.

CD = Compact Disc CS = Cassette
CDS = Compact Disc Single CSS = Cassette Single
CD5 = Compact Disc E.P. 12" = 12 inch record
LTD = Limited Release 10" = You get
9" = the idea

BAND INFORMATION (current and Previous):

Trent was in a group called SIN (in _Light_of_Day_ movie).
He was also in Exotic Birds.
Trent recorded with Pigface as a rotating member.

And now NINE INCH NAILS IS TRENT REZNOR.

You can write NIN at: P.O. Box 16681
Cleveland, OH 44116
USA

SUCK (CDS) Twin M Inc. (1991?) no number

1. Suck (live) 5:23
2. Supernaut 6:24
=====
11:52

Note: The disc says it's a promo and there's a number
stamped on the back. It also has HALO 00 on it.
This is just to make it look real...it's a bootleg.

Suck was probably recorded during the Lollapalooza I Tour.

Supernaut is from the "Wax Trax! Sampler #2" (radio station promo)
This is what got TVT's pants all up in a bunch over Trent's contract.

BY BIZZARE HANDS (CD) Mushroom Records 20-MSRM

1. Sin 3:41
2. Sanctified 5:43
3. That's What I Get 4:26
4. Get Down, Make Love 4:07
5. The Only Time 5:43
6. Down In It 4:24
7. Head Like A Hole 6:17
=====
34:21

Note: Recorded in Boston,MA March 10, 1990

SOLID GOLD HELL (CD) Cocomelos Records (1993) CM 012

1. Down In It 3:52
2. Sin 4:07
3. Get Down, Make Love 2:49
4. Head Like A Hole 6:00
5. Now I'm Nothing/Terrible Lie 7:01
6. Sin 4:13
7. You're So Physical 4:58
8. The Only One 5:20
9. Suck 5:19
10. Thats What I Get 4:26
11. Wish 4:02
12. Get Down Make Love 3:18
13. Ringfinger 6:01
14. Down On It 3:36
15. Head Like A Hole 6:28
=====
71:32

Note: Tracks 1-4 recorded in Rotterdam Holland 1 SEP 1991
tracks 5-15 recorded at Tipatines New Orleans, LA 11 JUL 1991

DOWN IN IT (12"/CDS) TVT Records 1989 U.S. TVT 2611-2
(12") TVT Records 1989 U.S. ? (promo)
(CD5 LTD) Island 1990 U.K. CID 482

1. Down In It (skin) 3:45
2. Down In It (shred) 6:55
3. Down In It (singe) 7:03
4. Terrible Lie (sympathetic mix) * 4:26
5. Terrible Lie (empathetic mix) * 6:11
6. Down In It (demo) * 3:55
=====
17:49 U.S.
32:23 U.K.

* Not on the U.S. release

Note: Also called HALO ONE

The "skin" mix is the track on the album Pretty Hate Machine.

The U.K. LTD CD has a sequential numbering printed on them.

PRETTY HATE MACHINE (CD) TVT Records 1989 U.S. TVT 2610-2
(CD) Island 1989 U.K. CID 9973

1. Head Like a Hole 4:59
2. Terrible Lie 4:36
3. Down In It 3:45
4. Sanctified 5:48
5. Something I Can Never Have 5:52
6. Kinda I Want To 4:32
7. Sin 4:03
8. That's What I Get 4:27
9. The Only Time 4:47
10. Ringfinger 5:41
=====
48:50

Note: Also called HALO TWO

HEAD LIKE A HOLE (CDS) TVT Records 1990 U.S. TVT 2615-2
(10") TVT Records 1990 U.S. 10ISP484
(7") TVT Records 1990 U.S. TVT ?
(12") TVT Records 1990 U.S. TVT 2614
(12") TVT Records 1990 U.S. ? (promo)
(CDS) Island 1990 U.K. CID 484
(CDS/CSS) WEA 1990 Australia 756785841-2

1. Head Like a Hole (slate) *,+,^,%,& 4:13
2. Head Like a Hole (clay) + 4:30
3. Terrible Lie (sympathetic mix) +,% 4:26
4. Head Like a Hole (copper) *,+,^,& 6:26
5. You Know Who You Are + 5:40
6. Head Like a Hole (soil) + 6:38
7. Terrible Lie (empathetic mix) + 6:11
8. Down In It (shred) 6:51
9. Down In It (single) 7:21
10. Down In It (demo) 3:55
11. (unlisted on CD) 0:04
12. Head Like A Hole (opal) *,**,% 5:18
=====
56:49 U.S.
16:19 U.K.

^ Only tracks on the 7"
& Only tracks on the 10"
+ Only tracks on the 12"
% Only tracks on the Australian CDS
* Only tracks on the U.K. version
** Not on the U.S. release

Note: Also called HALO THREE

The Australian CDS has a copyright blurb about a sample
from Prince's "tambourine" on the cardboard sleeve.

The 10" was a limited edition containing a poster,
with a cross and several heads in fishtanks...it is
in full color.

The U.K. CD's slate mix is actually the clay mix.

SIN (CDS) TVT Records 1990 U.S. TVT 2617-2
(9") TVT Records 1990 U.S. TVT ?
(7") TVT Records 1990 U.S. TVT ?
(12") TVT Records 1990 U.S. ? (promo)
(CDS) Island 1990 U.K. CID 508

1. Sin (Long) 5:50
2. Sin (Dub) 4:56
3. Get Down Make Love + 4:17
4. Sin (Short) *,+ 4:19
=====
19:32

* Not on the 9"
+ Only tracks on the 7"

Note: Also called HALO FOUR

BROKEN (CD5) TVT/Interscope Records 1992 U.S. 92213-2
(CD5) Island 1992 U.K. IMCD 8004
(12") Island 1992 U.K. ILBM 8004
(12") Island 1992 U.K. ? (promo)

1. Pinion 1:02
2. Wish 3:47
3. Last 4:45
4. Help Me I Am In Hell 1:56
5. Happiness In Slavery 5:21
6. Gave Up 4:08
=====
21:01 U.S.

7. Physical (You're So) * 5:30
8. Suck * 5:07
=====
10:39 U.S.

=====
Single CD time 37:45 U.K.

* On the CD3 or as tracks 7, 8 or 98, 99 (see note).

Note: Also called HALO FIVE

The promo CD5 of broken only contains the first 6 tracks.
This has no identification number.

The regular vinyl is a single sided 6 track 12", with
a 7" containing the two bonus tracks. The UK 12" promo
is the same.

This was released three ways:
a) As a Limited Edition with 6 songs on the E.P.
and 2 songs on the CD3 that came with it.
b) As a single CD with 99 tracks.
Tracks 7 - 97 are 4 seconds of silence each
with 98 and 99 containing the CD3 songs.
c) As a single CD with only 8 tracks

FIXED (12"/CD5) TVT/Interscope Records 1992 U.S. 96093-2
(CD5) Island 1992 U.K. IMCD 8005
(12") Island 1992 U.K. ILBM 8005

1. Gave Up (remixed) 5:24
2. Wish (remixed) 9:09
3. Happiness In Slavery (remixed) 6:08
4. Throw This Away 4:13
5. Fist Fuck 7:19
6. Screaming Slave 8:01
=====
40:22

Note: Also called HALO SIX

NIN VIP HAPPINESS (CSS) TVT/Interscope Records 1992 U.S. dmd 1941
(12") TVT/Interscope Records 1992 U.S. ? (promo)

1a. Happiness In Slavery (Fixed Version) 6:09
2a. Happiness In Slavery (Sherwood Slave Remix) 2:17
3b. Happiness In Slavery (PK Slavery Remix) 5:41
4b. Happiness In Slavery (Broken Version) 5:21
=====
18:88

Note: These are promo items and are halo less.

HAPPINESS IN SLAVERY (CDS) TVT/Interscope Records 1992 U.S. prcd 4795
(CDS) TVT/Interscope Records 1992 U.S. prcd 4827

1. Happiness In Slavery (Flaccid Edit) 4:17
2. Happiness In Slavery (LP Version) * 5:26
====
5:26 CDS 4795
9:42 CDS 4827

* Only song on CDS 4795

Note: These are promo items and are halo less.

NIN - Video Clips
-----------------

Head Like A Hole Happiness in Slavery Wish
Down In It Pinion Sin

NIN - "Live Recording's"
------------------------

NIN in L.A. July 1991

NIN at 9:30 Club...Washington, DC
Intro
Terrible Lie
Sin
Something I Can Never Have
Sanctified
That's What I get
Suck
The Only Time
Get Down Make Love
Ringfinger
Down In It
Head Like A Hole

NIN at Cabaret Metro...Chicago December 29, 1990
Intro
Terrible Lie
Sin
Something I Can Never Have
Sanctified
That's What I get
Suck
The Only Time
Get Down Make Love
Ringfinger
Down In It
Head Like A Hole

NIN at Iguanas...Tijuana, Mexico Feburary 2, 1990
Sin
The Only Time
That's What I Get
Get Down Make Love
Ringfinger
Down In It
Head Like A Hole

NIN at Philly March 5, 1990
Terrible Lie
Sin
Sanctified
That's What I Get
Get Down Make Love
Ringfinger
Head Like A Hole

Non-NIN work by Trent Reznor:
-----------------------------

Artist Work Notes
------ ---- -----
1000 Supernaut CDS Reznor guitar on Supernaut.
Homo
DJ'S

Crunch-0- Caution Do Not Play Trent appeared on this.
Matic Not Play

Machines of Burn (like Re-produced by Trent Reznor.
Loving brilliant On Mammoth Records (1992).
Grace trash at (MR0036-02)
Jackie's funeral)

Megadeth Symphony Of Reznor re-produced the "Edited
Destruction (tape) Gristle" version of the song.

Pigface Gub Reznor co-wrote & sang on "Suck".
Reznor co-wrote & loops "The Bushmaster".
On Invisible (1991 INV 009).

Queen Stone Cold Crazy Reznor re-produced this.
(promo single) On Hollywood Records?

Queen Tie Your Mother Reznor remixed this.
Down

Wolfgang ? Remixed something
Press

Various Wax Trax! Reznor vox Supernaut for 1000 Homo DJ's
Artists Sampler #2 On Wax Trax (1990).
A radio station/tour promo cassette.

Various Freakshow Reznor re-produced Stone Cold Crazy.
Artists On Hollywood Records.

Various Sound Decisions Head Like a Hole appears on this.
Artists

Various Lollapalooza '91 Head Like a Hole appears on this.
Artists (PRO-CD-4926) (1991) promo.

Various Volume Two Head Like a Hole (alternative version)
Artists This is the 'slate mix'. (UK)

Various Spin Sampler Head Like a Hole, Down In It, Sin,
Artists (cassette) and The Only Time are on this.

|===========================================|
| Paul J. Vargo, II pa...@umcc.ais.org |
| System Analyst / Programmer |
| Computer Communications |

johnso...@bvc.edu

May 5, 1993, 12:09:48 PM5/5/93
[Complete NIN discography deleted]

HEY! Where's BUTTFUCK PARLOR TIME on that list? I got my copy right here.
Seems kinda strange that it's not listed on there...

:)

--
[ Christopher Johnson - Buena Vista College, Storm Lake - Cooter Claypool ]
|\o/The Fiery Darts - Boom Key Grip Editor - BEWARE: pOsSiBlE sArCaSm | |

Jester

May 5, 1993, 1:51:16 PM5/5/93
johnso...@bvc.edu writes:
>[Complete NIN discography deleted]
>
>HEY! Where's BUTTFUCK PARLOR TIME on that list? I got my copy right here.
>Seems kinda strange that it's not listed on there...

I have the lyrics around somewhere..but I can't seem to find my copy
witht he track listing..what were the songs again?

Jester
--
Join the Omnipotent Overlords of the Omniverse today. Add to intelligent
political, environmental, and social discussions. Buck the growing trend of