Van Richter ROCKS!

mal...@ducknet.com

Sep 2, 1996, 3:00:00 AM9/2/96

Wow,

I just love this label. Any other opinions or recomendations.
Testify are awsome! They really rock, I bet they would blow
Ministry off the stage and teach Al a thing or two. I hear that
the guy who runs the label is real cool too. Very supportive of
the scene.

jus duckey

Jason Clayton

Sep 2, 1996, 3:00:00 AM9/2/96

In article <50f5gv$g...@nntp.crl.com>, <mal...@ducknet.com> babbled on about:

Uh...yeah Beavis, they rule...huh huh, they kick ass.

*************************************
Jason Clayton
http://www.neosoft.com/~jclayton
*************************************

Aqua Regis

Sep 2, 1996, 3:00:00 AM9/2/96

On 2 Sep 1996 mal...@ducknet.com wrote:

> Wow,
>
> I just love this label. Any other opinions or recomendations.
> Testify are awsome! They really rock, I bet they would blow
> Ministry off the stage and teach Al a thing or two. I hear that
> the guy who runs the label is real cool too. Very supportive of
> the scene.

okay, so how much did Van Richter pay you anyway?

Steven Janas

Sep 3, 1996, 3:00:00 AM9/3/96

You guys are fucking awful. Why won't anyone say what they think about VAN RICHTER?

I guess you all are cowards without voices... lame fucks...

THis is the BEST new industrial label ever. Re-Con and Fifth Colvmn are a JOKE.
Who's heard from Jared lately and Chase is too involved with going to CMJ.
Paul is concentrating on good music and the reputation of his bands...

Paul is a very good guy, I defy ANYBODY to tell me or post anything
that is negative about him. He is a GREAT MAN. You all lie about him to keep
him down. You just don't woant him to succeeded, bvecuase you all suck ...

I think r.m.i is all about bullshit to discredit a good man.

Fuck you all.

Van Richter are God!

Suck my ass

Zonerunner

Sep 3, 1996, 3:00:00 AM9/3/96

Van Richter rocks?

This is a joke, right?

Todd Clayton

Sep 3, 1996, 3:00:00 AM9/3/96

Steven Janas wrote:

> THis is the BEST new industrial label ever. Re-Con and Fifth Colvmn are a JOKE.

I wouldn't go that far.

> Who's heard from Jared lately and Chase is too involved with going to CMJ.
> Paul is concentrating on good music and the reputation of his bands...

Hey, at least they're putting out releases that are worth listening to.

> Paul is a very good guy, I defy ANYBODY to tell me or post anything
> that is negative about him. He is a GREAT MAN. You all lie about him to keep
> him down. You just don't woant him to succeeded, bvecuase you all suck ...

I don't think anyone here has ever taken shots personally at label
employees/owners...

> Suck my ass

Bend over, I'll drive.

--
+--------------------------
| Todd Clayton aka DJ Todd
| djt...@passport.ca
| Check out the Sanctuary and the
| ARMAGEDDON WEEKEND!
| http://www.bconnex.net/~ndi/sanctuary/sanc.htm
+------------------------------------------------

Jester

Sep 3, 1996, 3:00:00 AM9/3/96

Steven Janas <ja...@cyberden.com> wrote:
>You guys are fucking awful. Why won't anyone say what they think about
>VAN RICHTER? I guess you all are cowards without voices... lame fucks...

Hrm. I think that Van Richter is the worst run label in the business.
Paul has an ego larger that most rock stars. Just because you are
independently wealthy doesn't mean we like your attitude nor will
we put up with it.

>THis is the BEST new industrial label ever. Re-Con and Fifth Colvmn are a JOKE.

*huh* Van Richter for the first two years of it'sexistence, ONLY licensed
bands. It was only just recentlythat they even bothered to sign bands
directly to themselves. Meanwhile back at Cleopatra and FCR, they
have been signing their own bands for years and have been releasing
large quantities of albums. VR has a back catalog of what, 8 albums?

>Who's heard from Jared lately and Chase is too involved with going to CMJ.
>Paul is concentrating on good music and the reputation of his bands...

Jared was on tour *gasp* Chase posts daily. Are you blind?
Paul is concentrating on his bad attitude and poor marketing strategy.

>Paul is a very good guy, I defy ANYBODY to tell me or post anything
>that is negative about him. He is a GREAT MAN. You all lie about him to keep
>him down. You just don't woant him to succeeded, bvecuase you all suck ...

Lest you forget Pual has made an ass of hismelf on rmi more times than I
can recall. This froma man knownto call other records labels and leave a
message to call him back at the VR office and leave Chases's name
because the label won't talk to him if they knew it was Paul.

Jester, the truth hurts, don't it?

--
PGP PUBLIC KEY available upon request
Sonic-Boom - An Internet Industrial/EBM/Gothic/CyberCulture Music Review E-Zine

Aqua Regis

Sep 3, 1996, 3:00:00 AM9/3/96

On 3 Sep 1996, Steven Janas wrote:

> You guys are fucking awful. Why won't anyone say what they think about
VAN RICHTER? >
> I guess you all are cowards without voices... lame fucks...
>

> THis is the BEST new industrial label ever. Re-Con and Fifth Colvmn are
a JOKE.

> Who's heard from Jared lately and Chase is too involved with going to CMJ.
> Paul is concentrating on good music and the reputation of his bands...
>

> Paul is a very good guy, I defy ANYBODY to tell me or post anything
> that is negative about him. He is a GREAT MAN. You all lie about him to keep
> him down. You just don't woant him to succeeded, bvecuase you all suck ...
>

> I think r.m.i is all about bullshit to discredit a good man.

i think you're doing enough to discredit him by yourself.

> Fuck you all.
> Van Richter are God!
> Suck my ass

PR is a hard job, but somebody's gotta do it...

Chris Randall

Sep 4, 1996, 3:00:00 AM9/4/96

Aqua Regis quoted:

> > Fuck you all.
> > Van Richter are God!
> > Suck my ass

Well, that about sums it up, hmmm? I think Paul has the back of the new
'Van Richter' t-shirt all locked down.

-Crandall
-Who still thinks VR is a big fucking mook (for lack of a more
-descriptive term...)

Greg Clow

Sep 4, 1996, 3:00:00 AM9/4/96

In article <50f5gv$g...@nntp.crl.com>, <mal...@ducknet.com> wrote:
>I just love this label. Any other opinions or recomendations.
>Testify are awsome! They really rock, I bet they would blow
>Ministry off the stage and teach Al a thing or two. I hear that
>the guy who runs the label is real cool too. Very supportive of
>the scene.

My first reaction to this post: This person is obviously mentally
deficient in some way, I'll just leave them alone.

My second reaction to this post: Heeeey, wait a second... I wouldn't put
it past Paul to do something like this himself... hmmmm...

My third reaction to this post: Heeeey, wait *another* second... look at
those headers...

From: <mal...@ducknet.com>

And the signature...

>jus duckey

"Trollin', trollin', trollin'..."

:-)
Greg

MARC42

Sep 4, 1996, 3:00:00 AM9/4/96

In article <50f5gv$g...@nntp.crl.com>, <mal...@ducknet.com> wrote:
>Wow,

>I just love this label. Any other opinions or recomendations.
>Testify are awsome! They really rock, I bet they would blow
>Ministry off the stage and teach Al a thing or two. I hear that
>the guy who runs the label is real cool too. Very supportive of
>the scene.
>
>jus duckey

I just did a litttle checking and Van Richter albums account for .175% of my
CD collection, that is 1 out of 570 or so. I couldn't even name any bands on
it other than Fair Sex and Testify (which are basically the same band). Not
that there's anything wrong with those bands, or the label for that matter.
But how can you say a label "rocks"? Even in the heyday of WaxTrax, they still
released a lot of crap. Maybe Van Richter hasn't, but how many records have
they released? 5? And if the guy is so damn supportive of the scene, why
doesn't he sign some more bands? At least Chase and Brian are down here in the
trenches with us, supporting struggling talent in the US. Van Richter is so
busy liscensing old german records, he has to hire 12 year olds to do his
spamming.

;p
Marc

Visit Marc42's Underground Psiber City
(a wee humble corner of cyberspace)
Home of "id" World Domination Headquarters
and A Salute To Wallace & Ladmo
http://www.azaccess.com/~marc42

Zonerunner

Sep 4, 1996, 3:00:00 AM9/4/96

Steven Janas wrote:

> Fuck you all.
> Van Richter are God!
> Suck my ass

Maybe Van Richter should title their next label sampler compilation, "Fuck
you all. Van Richter are God!!" It could even include a subheading that
states, "A label sampler of ass sucking industrial for fans like Steven
Janas --a man who wants others to suck his ass."

MARC42

Sep 4, 1996, 3:00:00 AM9/4/96

I was wondering what brought on so many pokes at Van Richter's owner. I
mean...who cares who owns it, right? Then I picked up my Testify CD and looked
at the notes. Down at the bottom it said:

"Van Richter Is A Paul Abramson Product!"

Now this is a pretty lame statement on it's own. This guy didn't PRODUCE
anything. He is, at best, a distributer. And is "Van Richter" really a
product? It's just the name of the company. The CD is the product.

But the worst part is the exclamation mark. As if to say that his name (like
anybody knows who he is) insures that you are buying a quality product. Who
gives a crap? If he's such a damn egomaniac, why didn't he just go all the way
and name the company after himself? It worked for David Geffin.

Also, I'd just like to point out that Van Richter exceeds the maximum
allowable random backward letters in their logo. (No more than 3).

MARC42

Sep 4, 1996, 3:00:00 AM9/4/96

In article <50gcqu$n...@gnews2.voicenet.com>, Steven Janas <ja...@cyberden.com> wrote:
>You guys are fucking awful. Why won't anyone say what they think about VAN
> RICHTER?
Ummm...seems to me that they are...they don't like it.

>I guess you all are cowards without voices... lame fucks...
God forbid we incur the wrath of the mighty Van Richter

>THis is the BEST new industrial label ever. Re-Con and Fifth Colvmn are a JOKE.
Uh, let's see,Swamp Terrorists, 16Volt, Chemlab, Death Ride 69, LeaetherStrip
(rerelease), Collide, Numb, Killing Floor, Haloblack- yeah what a joke. Throw
in COP and you have the most pathetic lineup of bands ever. Especially
compared to Van Richter's big roster of The Fair Sex, Testify, um...The Fair
Sex...

>Who's heard from Jared lately
I heard him when he was on tour...he's in a little thing called Chemlab...ever
heard of it?

> and Chase is too involved with going to CMJ.

too involved to post more than 4 or 5 times a day. And geez...he only signs 6
or 8 bands a year! What is with him?

>Paul is concentrating on good music and the reputation of his bands...

As every good label owner should. I don't believe I've heard anybody put down
any of the bands. However, if he's doing such a good job with promotion, why
can't I name more than 2 of his bands? I looked in Industrial Nation to find
his latest releases...he didn't even take out an ad. Where's he spending his
money...Family Circle?

>Paul is a very good guy, I defy ANYBODY to tell me or post anything
>that is negative about him. He is a GREAT MAN.

Well, I think that we've established that he's an egomaniac. But really, who
cares? He could be a baby killing nazi for all I care as long as he puts out
good records.

> You all lie about him to keep
>him down.

Could you please list these lies?

> You just don't woant him to succeeded, bvecuase you all suck ...

Ummm...sure...why should we even give a shit? Personally I say the more
labels, the better.

>I think r.m.i is all about bullshit to discredit a good man.

I never even heard of this guy before you and duck-boy got on here telling how
much you want to go down on him.

>Fuck you all.
Good comeback

>Van Richter are God!
I think you mean "Van Richter IS God!"

>Suck my ass
I would, but it's way too tight.

I can't believe I've posted 3 times to this pathetic thread. Yes I can...

Brian MacDonald

Sep 4, 1996, 3:00:00 AM9/4/96

>Steven Janas wrote:
>
>> Fuck you all.
>> Van Richter are God!
>> Suck my ass

So does Van Richter distribute industrial music or adult videos?

Brian MacDonald <bri...@kuci.uci.edu>, some internet/www guy for
KUCI 88.9 fM in Irvine, CA -- Orange County
"I shot my face and it was bad... So I had my surgeon make it
plaid... Why, God, Why?" -- McPatrick's Lament by FAXED HEAD(!!)

Greg Clow

Sep 4, 1996, 3:00:00 AM9/4/96

In article <50kjqb$p...@nntp.crl.com>, MARC42 <mar...@azaccess.com> wrote:

>>Paul is concentrating on good music and the reputation of his bands...
>
>As every good label owner should. I don't believe I've heard anybody put down
>any of the bands. However, if he's doing such a good job with promotion, why
>can't I name more than 2 of his bands? I looked in Industrial Nation to find
>his latest releases...he didn't even take out an ad. Where's he spending his
>money...Family Circle?

Actually, the word on the street is that Abramson couldn't run an ad in
IN even if he *wanted* to - he's given them so much grief that they
refuse to take his advertising money. I've heard the same about at least
one other major "alternative" magazine. This makes me feel bad for the
bands on (or distributed by) VR... even though I think that all of 'em
except DHI and Sielwolf are pretty stinky, they still deserve to have a
fair shot in the marketplace, but with an albatross like Abramson hanging
around your release's neck, that's pretty difficult.

This post is a Greg Clow product! :-)
(... I think I'll make that my sig from now on...)

Gina

Sep 4, 1996, 3:00:00 AM9/4/96

In article <50f5gv$g...@nntp.crl.com>, <mal...@ducknet.com> wrote:

>Subject: Van Richter ROCKS!

Uh, you misspelt that subject line. The correct spelling should be "Van
Richter SUCKS!"

-Gina

--oOo--

http://www.hooked.net/~lucretia/death_guild

cyber-BURNT (Brent Wolford)

Sep 5, 1996, 3:00:00 AM9/5/96

I'm glad to see some people have some nice things to say, but you
shouldn't dis on anyone in the biz, either one of the founders or one of
the newest breed. Everyone has a right to put out whatever music they see
fit to release, it is our right as listeners to buy it or not. Nobody has
the right to judge for others, so if you haven't heard the bands take a
listen to them and judge for yourself.

Personally, I too love VAN RICHTER bands, they are providing a
psychoaggrotint to industrial that is missing in a lot of other
underground releases. Testify, The Fair Sex, Plastic Noise Experience,
SielWolf, and Death & Horror Inc. are all excellent Euro/Canadian bands
that are getting some much-deserved American airplay thanks to VR. All
are played on my local college radio KUNM, and without the VR blocks it
just wouldn't be the same radio show.

I know a lot of people think poorly of VR's management, but that is
irrelevant to the music that is being put out. If somebody pushes a
little extra trying to get their sounds out to the ears that want them,
give them a chance to say their piece. If it pisses you off, just don't
listen, nobody forces you to talk to anyone or answer letters. But don't
disregard Testify or the Fair Sex because you think the label sucks,
there is more to a CD than how it is promoted.

I'm probably bringing all of RMI down on me for this, but I had to give
my opinion in a discussion that hits close to my heart.
Van Richter Music Kicks Ass!

BRENT (cyboBURNT)

--
+--- ---===CyberMail from cyberBURNT===--- ---+

Burnt's Brothel http://www.nmia.com/~burnt
Decomposed Skunk Bud Productions http://www.nmia.com/~burnt/DSBP

______ _______ ______ _____
| \ |______ |_____] |_____]
|_____/ ______| |_____] |

DECOMPOSED SKUNK BUD PRODUCTIONS

ELEKTRO + INDUSTRIAL + DEATH + GRIND + CYBERMETAL
HARDCORE MUSIC
"Innovation is the Force"

+--- ---===...........69............===--- ---+

Andrew Clegg

Sep 5, 1996, 3:00:00 AM9/5/96

In article <50gcqu$n...@gnews2.voicenet.com>, Steven Janas
<ja...@cyberden.com> writes

>Paul is a very good guy, I defy ANYBODY to tell me or post anything
>that is negative about him.

Maybe you haven't been reading rmi very long but some of us remember
when Paul first came on rmi and posted an advert for Van Richter in
response to *every* thread. Like, someone would ask for Die Warzau
recommendations, and he'd say "well if you like Die Warzau you'll
probably like the bands on Van Richter!" and slap 'em with his huge sig.

That pissed a lot of people off quickly, when there were sometimes ten
or more basically identical van Richter ads in the newsgroup each day;
even those of us who had no direct contact with Paul or his label.
What's worse is that whenever anyone mailed him to complain, he ignored
the mail and sent another, bigger advert in return.

Is that negative enough for you?

>Suck my ass

<slurpyslurpyslurp> Enjoying it yet, big boy?

Andrew.

"What's the matter, Eddie, does it frighten you?"
"Frighten me? No, Frank, I think 'startle' is a better word."

Edward Roth Finkler

Sep 6, 1996, 3:00:00 AM9/6/96

From on high, Jester <jes...@expert.cc.purdue.edu> speaketh:

: Jester, the truth hurts, don't it?

Pretty sure the stevenator was ebing sarcastic on this one... I mean,
you'd have to be.

--
Ed Finkler
[========================================================================]

Sebastian Otto

Sep 6, 1996, 3:00:00 AM9/6/96

Sorry, but what is the problem with VAN RICHTER REC./Paul Abramson???

Greetings
Sebastian

Brian MacDonald

Sep 6, 1996, 3:00:00 AM9/6/96

..not to mention the whole shebang regarding terrorizing a
former(?) music director at KDVS with legal threats, just because she
took a stance and made it public on r.m.i.

Greg Clow

Sep 6, 1996, 3:00:00 AM9/6/96

In article <50n5ne$o...@hume.nmia.com>,

cyber-BURNT (Brent Wolford) <bu...@nmia.com> wrote:
>I'm glad to see some people have some nice things to say, but you
>shouldn't dis on anyone in the biz, either one of the founders or one of
>the newest breed. Everyone has a right to put out whatever music they see
>fit to release, it is our right as listeners to buy it or not. Nobody has
>the right to judge for others, so if you haven't heard the bands take a
>listen to them and judge for yourself.

The dissing directed towards VR and (more specifically) Paul Abramson has
little or nothing to do with the music that he releases. Even though I
think most of what he's released is trash (DHI and Seilwolf being the
only redeeming factors), I have no problems with any of the bands
themselves and their attempts to sell records, play shows, or whatever.

What I *do* have a problem with (and a lot of other people on rmi have a
problem with as well) is Abramson himself, specifically his horribly
unprofressional manner and his remarkably large ego. Because of this, I
refuse to purchase or own any VR product - but luckily, any of the
material I'd be interested in owning is available elsewhere (I'm good
friends with DHI and own all the original Canadian pressings of their
releases, and Seilwolf is avilable on KK), so the bands I care about
won't have to suffer.

Greg

Aqua Regis

Sep 7, 1996, 3:00:00 AM9/7/96

On 5 Sep 1996, cyber-BURNT wrote:

> I'm glad to see some people have some nice things to say, but you
> shouldn't dis on anyone in the biz, either one of the founders or one of
> the newest breed. Everyone has a right to put out whatever music they see

if they're doing something silly then i find it more than perfectly
acceptable to call them out on it. i don't care if you're in the biz or
not, or how long or short a period of time you've been in the biz. that
has nothing to do with it. nothing gives you the right to promote
yourself in the most extremely annoying fashion and not expect there to
be some kind of ramifications for it. _everyone_ is accountable.

> fit to release, it is our right as listeners to buy it or not. Nobody has
> the right to judge for others, so if you haven't heard the bands take a
> listen to them and judge for yourself.

i don't think anyone said that they don't have the right to put out their
music. but if you're going to promote yourself like an ass then i'm going
to be less likely to buy your product. do you want to buy a product that
supports someone who beats you over the head? do i want to go out of my
way to listen to a band that's on such a label? no.

> I know a lot of people think poorly of VR's management, but that is
> irrelevant to the music that is being put out. If somebody pushes a

not totally. the bands did choose that their music be on that label. they
have to accept that the way their label promotes their music will be a
determining factor for some people. do i want to buy music that supports
a label that spammed newsgroups and continued being an ass when asked to
stop?

> little extra trying to get their sounds out to the ears that want them,
> give them a chance to say their piece. If it pisses you off, just don't

yes, and then we will say ours. because people can only take "being
pushed a little extra" for so long.

> listen, nobody forces you to talk to anyone or answer letters. But don't

the same goes for Van Richter. but since they are in a position
where they are trying to market themselves, they will be more
accountable if they don't listen.

> disregard Testify or the Fair Sex because you think the label sucks,
> there is more to a CD than how it is promoted.

that is true.
i disregard them because they are stinky, but that's another thread.

> I'm probably bringing all of RMI down on me for this, but I had to give
> my opinion in a discussion that hits close to my heart.

no, i basically agree with what you're saying. don't dismiss a band
because of label. but i think maybe we should say to the bands to diss the
label they're on. personally, i don't like the bands (the ones i've heard
at least), but i think they deserve a better label.

> Van Richter Music Kicks Ass!

not mine 8]

Moron

Sep 7, 1996, 3:00:00 AM9/7/96

Aqua Regis (dog...@iac.net) wrote:
: not totally. the bands did choose that their music be on that label. they
: have to accept that the way their label promotes their music will be a
: determining factor for some people. do i want to buy music that supports
: a label that spammed newsgroups and continued being an ass when asked to
: stop? I basically agree with what you're saying. don't dismiss a band
: because of label. but i think maybe we should say to the bands to diss the
: label they're on. personally, i don't like the bands (the ones i've heard
: at least), but i think they deserve a better label.

Personally I cannot comment on whether Paul of Van Richter deserves the
villification he's getting in this group. I can however honestly say that
the "spamming" he's been accused of is no different than that performed by
other labels who happen to carry more popular groups. Perhaps that is why
labels like Fifth Column and Cleopatra are for the most part spared the
vitriol sent Van Richter's way. I personally have no problem with labels
posting to this group, it *is* called rec.music.industrial and they *are*
industrial labels. I also have nothing against any of these labels it's
just that I think if Van Richter had CHEMLAB on the roster then this
thread wouldn't exist.

With respect to the bands, pretty easy for you to say "diss your label".
First of all, since many of the VR bands are from Canada and Europe they
will have had little direct interaction with Paul of VR (and so will not
know him personally). Secondly, have you ever tried submitting demos? It
isn't exactly easy to get signed, especially to a label that actually has
some distribution. For most bands the chance to have someone release
their material is something they will never experience. It's not like VR
is run by George Bush or anything. After you've sent out 50-100 demos I'm
sure you wouldn't be so quick to diss *any* label that was willing to put
out your material.

The only VR band I'm personally into is SIELWOLF. I ordered it from VR,
Paul answered my email to let me know my cash made it, sent it in a
reasonable amount of time and most importantly, the CD totally kicked.

| __,,______________ "Self preservation = Extreme Paranoia" |
| < ____________/ |
| / /-' . . . . . . MORON . . . . . . |
| /___/ N A R C . mo...@IslandNet.com . |
| c/o . . . . . . . . . . . . . . |
| |
| http://www.islandnet.com/~moron/deterrent/narc/narc.html |

Peter Werner

Sep 8, 1996, 3:00:00 AM9/8/96

mo...@islandnet.com (Moron) writes:

>Personally I cannot comment on whether Paul of Van Richter deserves the
>villification he's getting in this group. I can however honestly say that
>the "spamming" he's been accused of is no different than that performed by
>other labels who happen to carry more popular groups. Perhaps that is why
>labels like Fifth Column and Cleopatra are for the most part spared the
>vitriol sent Van Richter's way. I personally have no problem with labels
>posting to this group, it *is* called rec.music.industrial and they *are*
>industrial labels. I also have nothing against any of these labels it's
>just that I think if Van Richter had CHEMLAB on the roster then this
>thread wouldn't exist.

You're missing the point entirely; there was a spamming incident last year
where Van Richter posted some hundred or so replies to various threads with
little or no (or sometimes insulting) content but a large .sig that was an
ad for his web site; this wasn't simple advertising/promotion like 5th
Column or Cleo do, it was spamming. Add to this his fuck-off attitude to
anybody's objection to the spam, his attempts to collect money from zine
publishers and DJs to whom he sent unsolicited review copies of CDs, and
his threats to *sue* a KDVS DJ when she posted here about her dealings
with Paul/Van Richter and you have the picture of a label with bottom-of-
the-barrel business practices. Is it any wonder then that postings by Paul
Abramson and his cronies elicit a hostile reaction?

>With respect to the bands, pretty easy for you to say "diss your label".
>First of all, since many of the VR bands are from Canada and Europe they
>will have had little direct interaction with Paul of VR (and so will not
>know him personally). Secondly, have you ever tried submitting demos? It
>isn't exactly easy to get signed, especially to a label that actually has
>some distribution. For most bands the chance to have someone release
>their material is something they will never experience.

You're completely missing the point; the hostility directed at VR has
little to do with the bands (a lot of people actually like Sielwolf and
DHI, though the consensus seems to be that the rest are mediocre), it has
to do with the owner.

>It's not like VR is run by George Bush or anything.

Oh, well that's important....

Paul Abramson - at least he's not George Bush.

>After you've sent out 50-100 demos I'm sure you wouldn't be so quick to
>diss *any* label that was willing to put out your material.

What's your point? Its not the people who are having their material put
out by VR that are "dissing" him to begin with. In any event, if I were
a musician (and I know plenty of them), I think that I'd avoid a label
that goes out of their way to alienate people; its not the best way to
get your work promoted. (Though I do realize that most of these German
bands will have no idea how Paul does things over here.)

>The only VR band I'm personally into is SIELWOLF. I ordered it from VR,
>Paul answered my email to let me know my cash made it, sent it in a
>reasonable amount of time

So maybe Paul has laid off the old crack pipe for a while.

Beast of Eden
--
"And in the distance
A cathedral in flames."

DJ Todd

Sep 8, 1996, 3:00:00 AM9/8/96

Peter Werner wrote:

> You're completely missing the point; the hostility directed at VR has
> little to do with the bands (a lot of people actually like Sielwolf and
> DHI, though the consensus seems to be that the rest are mediocre), it has
> to do with the owner.

... and DHI hasn't done anything worth listening to since they left
Fringe
product in toronto... The last worthy disc was the Chemical land EP....

Aqua Regis

Sep 8, 1996, 3:00:00 AM9/8/96

On 7 Sep 1996, Moron wrote:

> Personally I cannot comment on whether Paul of Van Richter deserves the
> villification he's getting in this group. I can however honestly say that
> the "spamming" he's been accused of is no different than that performed by
> other labels who happen to carry more popular groups. Perhaps that is why

it's a lot different than the "spamming" other labels do.
and if you may remember, the whole reason this thing got brought up again
is because that other person "dared us to say one thing bad about him."
as if Van Richter had been a model label. Van Richter just keeps pushing
and pushing...

> labels like Fifth Column and Cleopatra are for the most part spared the
> vitriol sent Van Richter's way. I personally have no problem with labels
> posting to this group, it *is* called rec.music.industrial and they *are*
> industrial labels. I also have nothing against any of these labels it's
> just that I think if Van Richter had CHEMLAB on the roster then this
> thread wouldn't exist.

you have it all wrong. i guess you weren't hear when people had to wade
through _half_ a newsgroup of Van Richter posts. industrial label or
not, that's just bad. the people here would have said the same thing to
any other label. pshaw, the CHEMLAB thing doesn't make a difference to me
at all.

> With respect to the bands, pretty easy for you to say "diss your label".
> First of all, since many of the VR bands are from Canada and Europe they
> will have had little direct interaction with Paul of VR (and so will not
> know him personally). Secondly, have you ever tried submitting demos? It

and should that be my concern? if anything that's another reason to diss a
label if you have "little interaction." what does the "direct" thing got
to do with it?
they don't need to know him well personally but they feel safe enough to
have their music on his label?
i'd want to know what a label is doing with my music, and how they're
promoting my music.

> isn't exactly easy to get signed, especially to a label that actually has
> some distribution. For most bands the chance to have someone release

so go with what you can get, is that what you're saying?

> is run by George Bush or anything. After you've sent out 50-100 demos I'm

> sure you wouldn't be so quick to diss *any* label that was willing to put
> out your material.

maybe not. but then again i wouldn't be surprised if more people weren't
buying my music because the label was ran by an idiot.
and i'm not really concerned about that, because if their music is
really good enough, then people will buy it anyway, or another label will
be willing to pick it up. but if the music is mediocre, then there's no loss.

> The only VR band I'm personally into is SIELWOLF. I ordered it from VR,
> Paul answered my email to let me know my cash made it, sent it in a

> reasonable amount of time and most importantly, the CD totally kicked.

that's good. i'm glad VR has made you happy.
maybe he's getting better. but that doesn't mean people will forget
everything when asked "i dare you to say one bad thing about Van Richter,
rmi is all about keeping a man down, suck my ass etc..."

Greg Clow

Sep 9, 1996, 3:00:00 AM9/9/96

In article <3232E2...@passport.ca>, DJ Todd <djt...@passport.ca> wrote:
> ... and DHI hasn't done anything worth listening to since they left
>Fringe
> product in toronto... The last worthy disc was the Chemical land EP....

Ummm... what the *hell* are you talking about? The Chemical Land EP was
the first of four releases on Fringe (two EP's and two full lengths), and
the KK and VR releases have just been repackaged versions of their second
Fringe album, "Pressures Collide". So of course they haven't "done
anything worth listening to" since leaving Fringe... because they haven't
done *anything* since leaving Fringe!

Well, that's not totally true - they have been recording, although the
new stuff is *miles* away from their older material, In fact, it's so
different that it's being shopped around to labels under a different
name. No guitars, no vocals, and the one track I've heard is some of the
most original sounding electronic music I've heard in a loooooong time.
I'll lay odds that most people reading this newsgroup will hate it. :-)

Greg

DJ Todd

Sep 9, 1996, 3:00:00 AM9/9/96

Greg Clow wrote:

> Ummm... what the *hell* are you talking about? The Chemical Land EP was
> the first of four releases on Fringe (two EP's and two full lengths), and
> the KK and VR releases have just been repackaged versions of their second
> Fringe album, "Pressures Collide". So of course they haven't "done
> anything worth listening to" since leaving Fringe... because they haven't
> done *anything* since leaving Fringe!

Oops. My error. I assumed (wrongly) that they had jumped labels...
However, the Chemical Land EP and the song 99 realities were the
only really good stuff they did (IMHO)...

> Well, that's not totally true - they have been recording, although the
> new stuff is *miles* away from their older material, In fact, it's so
> different that it's being shopped around to labels under a different
> name. No guitars, no vocals, and the one track I've heard is some of the
> most original sounding electronic music I've heard in a loooooong time.
> I'll lay odds that most people reading this newsgroup will hate it. :-)

Hope it's good. I'd probably pick it up...

Aaron Johnston

Sep 10, 1996, 3:00:00 AM9/10/96

>Sorry, but what is the problem with VAN RICHTER REC./Paul Abramson???
>
>Greetings
>Sebastian

Simple, you know those doctor's statistics they run on Tylenol
commercials? "Four out five doctors recommend Tylenol"
Well we kicked the shit out him and he made a great
guinea pig!

-aaron johnston

Aaron Johnston

Sep 10, 1996, 3:00:00 AM9/10/96

*
>Van Richter rocks?
>
>This is a joke, right?

Van Sphincter rocks out to Dio!

What really rocks is the guy who manages the heap,

Hi PAUL!

The depth of your charm rivals only that of a sucking chest wound.

Hey everybody, how do you get a one-armed Van Richter out of a tree?

-aaron johnston

Aaron Johnston

Sep 10, 1996, 3:00:00 AM9/10/96

*

>Wow,
>
>I just love this label. Any other opinions or recomendations.
>Testify are awsome! They really rock, I bet they would blow
>Ministry off the stage and teach Al a thing or two. I hear that
>the guy who runs the label is real cool too. Very supportive of
>the scene.
>
>jus duck

Congrats Paul, I'm glad you could find a hooker that could spell,
seeing how it's one of your obvious downfalls.

-aaron

Aaron Johnston

Sep 10, 1996, 3:00:00 AM9/10/96

>Aqua Regis quoted:

>> > Fuck you all.
>> > Van Richter are God!
>> > Suck my ass
>
>Well, that about sums it up, hmmm? I think Paul has the back of the new
>'Van Richter' t-shirt all locked down.

Not hardly, it'll probably be one of those "Exit Only" shirts except
the arrow will be pointing up.

-aaron johnston

Aaron Johnston

Sep 10, 1996, 3:00:00 AM9/10/96

>>Subject: Van Richter ROCKS!
>
>Uh, you misspelt that subject line. The correct spelling should be "Van
>Richter SUCKS!"
>
>-Gina
>
>--oOo--
>
>http://www.hooked.net/~lucretia/death_guild

Nice try Gina, I think the correct intent behind the message was...

Van Richter is a submissive lower bowel bacteria that lives by
felching the gas out of turds.

OK, so it's got too many letters.

-aaron johnston

Aaron Johnston

Sep 10, 1996, 3:00:00 AM9/10/96

>> Wow,
>>
>> I just love this label. Any other opinions or recomendations.
>> Testify are awsome! They really rock, I bet they would blow
>> Ministry off the stage and teach Al a thing or two. I hear that
>> the guy who runs the label is real cool too. Very supportive of
>> the scene.
>
>okay, so how much did Van Richter pay you anyway?

Are you kidding, this guy probably got a free Testify CD and is
currently chained to a word processor banging out that 1,567,032nd
review Paul needs to finally shut the FUCK up.

smooch Paul

-aaron johnston

Aaron Johnston

Sep 10, 1996, 3:00:00 AM9/10/96

>..not to mention the whole shebang regarding terrorizing a
>former(?) music director at KDVS with legal threats, just because she
>took a stance and made it public on r.m.i.

If anyone needs a lawyer, my Uncle is REALLY good.
What Paul lacks is tact and an understanding that college radio DJ's
and lower-level writers DO NOT GET PAID! While respecting this issue
seams to be working for Don Blanchard, Michael Mahan and Chase, Paul
is clueless. He probably took abnormal psyche in community college and
views everyone with a bigger buldge as the "alpha male."

I believe it's called the "Little guy, Big truck" syndrome

-aaron johnston

Aaron Johnston

Sep 10, 1996, 3:00:00 AM9/10/96

>Maybe Van Richter should title their next label sampler compilation, "Fuck
>you all. Van Richter are God!!"

Shit, knowing Paul's spelling, it would probably be called,
"Fuk Yoo Aul , Van Rimmer ar Goud!"

-aaron johnston

THE RIPPER

Sep 10, 1996, 3:00:00 AM9/10/96
to mas...@inferno.com

As Sielwolf would say your nothing but a white trash piece of
shit....oops I mean a wannabe DJ and IN lacky(Jr.high)writer.Now get rid
of that Sammy Hagar mustache and go out an get a job boy!BTW no new
SIELWOLF for you....oh ya I remember we cut your station off over a year
ago....ha ha ha the jokes on you! You can read about it in the
trades...cheap bastard aka promo whore!

Aaron Johnston

Sep 10, 1996, 3:00:00 AM9/10/96

>As Sielwolf would say your nothing but a white trash piece of
>shit....oops I mean a wannabe DJ and IN lacky(Jr.high)writer.

Jr. High writer eh? Well, I'm not gonna' drag anyone else into this,
but please do ask Chase what magazine I just got 16 Volt into.

>Now get rid of that Sammy Hagar mustache and go out an get a job boy!

WOW! Talk about a case of mistaken identity. I've always hated myself
for never being able to grow facial hair. I know you have this thing
for guys who look like your father, but even if I had a Sammy Hagar
mustache, I still wouldn't let you lick my nuts. So run off to Family
Therapy and try and get over it, OK?

Actually Paul, I kinda work in Silicon Valley , ya know?
I have a neat little computer job n' stuff.

>BTW no new SIELWOLF for you....

That's OK, I saw Slayer on the last tour, should tide me over.

-aaron johnston

Smutty

Sep 10, 1996, 3:00:00 AM9/10/96

THE RIPPER wrote:

> As Sielwolf would say your nothing but a white trash piece of
> shit....oops I mean a wannabe DJ and IN lacky(Jr.high)writer.Now get
> rid of that Sammy Hagar mustache and go out an get a job boy!BTW no new
> SIELWOLF for you....oh ya I remember we cut your station off over a
> year ago....ha ha ha the jokes on you! You can read about it in the
> trades...cheap bastard aka promo whore!

Could you guys keep this shit in private e-mail, please?

Why do the rest of us have to deal with your childish attitudes?

Look Paul, I like some of the bands you have signed. I will play some of
them on my show. But if you were to ever pull this shit with me, the spins
would end right there! You can't expect anyone to respect you and play your
bands when you treat people in this manner.

You have the possibility to have a good thing with VR. Don't fuck it up
with your lame-ass attitude!

Remember, you get more flys with honey...

Laters...
Smutty
The Electric Music Showcase
http://www.alaska.net/~sparambe/kruashow.html

Aaron Johnston

Sep 11, 1996, 3:00:00 AM9/11/96

>You guys are fucking awful. Why won't anyone say what they think about VAN RICHTER?

Are you fucking illiterate?

>I guess you all are cowards without voices...

This is the Usenet Fuck O' What do you want,...a fuckin' Irish accent?

>THis is the BEST new industrial label ever. Re-Con and Fifth Colvmn are a JOKE.
>Who's heard from Jared lately and Chase is too involved with going to CMJ.
>Paul is concentrating on good music and the reputation of his bands...

Ya, I'd want somebody like Paul to look after MY reputation

>Paul is a very good guy, I defy ANYBODY to tell me or post anything

>that is negative about him. He is a GREAT MAN. You all lie about him to keep
>him down.

Ya, ya Da' Man! Tryin' to keep us down, Kill da' man!

>I think r.m.i is all about bullshit to discredit a good man.

Speaking of conspiracy....hasn't Paul bothered to notice that EVERYONE
hates him?

>Fuck you all.

Real original.

>Van Richter are God!

Ya, and Yoda was a prophet

>Suck my ass

Sifen my butt is more appropriate language young man.

Edward Roth Finkler

Sep 11, 1996, 3:00:00 AM9/11/96

From on high, Peter Werner <boe...@u.washington.edu> speaketh:

[some stuff]

Preach on, brother!

Greg Clow

Sep 11, 1996, 3:00:00 AM9/11/96

In article <323634...@uaa.alaska.edu>,

Smutty <as...@uaa.alaska.edu> wrote:
>THE RIPPER wrote:
>>
>> As Sielwolf would say your nothing but a white trash piece of
>> shit....oops I mean a wannabe DJ and IN lacky(Jr.high)writer.Now get
>> rid of that Sammy Hagar mustache and go out an get a job boy!BTW no new
>> SIELWOLF for you....oh ya I remember we cut your station off over a
>> year ago....ha ha ha the jokes on you! You can read about it in the
>> trades...cheap bastard aka promo whore!
>
> [ snip ]

>You have the possibility to have a good thing with VR. Don't fuck it up
>with your lame-ass attitude!

Based on the opinions expressed by most of the people here on rmi, I'm
guessing that Paul has already fucked it up.

And to those of you who want to show your support to the bands on VR
without supporting the label itself, just remember that *every* release
is available on import from another label. I'm sure that Fringe in
Toronto would happily do US mail order on the DHI album, for example. And
any half-decent import shop should be able to get the Euro versions of
the other releases.

Greg

Greg Clow

Sep 11, 1996, 3:00:00 AM9/11/96

In article <513f3f$g...@bolivia.earthlink.net>,

THE RIPPER <vric...@netcom.com> wrote:
>As Sielwolf would say your nothing but a white trash piece of
>shit....oops I mean a wannabe DJ and IN lacky(Jr.high)writer.Now get rid
>of that Sammy Hagar mustache and go out an get a job boy!BTW no new
>SIELWOLF for you....oh ya I remember we cut your station off over a year
>ago....ha ha ha the jokes on you! You can read about it in the
>trades...cheap bastard aka promo whore!

Perhaps this post would 've been more effective if you'd quoted the one
you were replying to, Paul. That way more than one person (i.e. you)
would know who the fuck you're referring to.

And by the way, Sammy Hagar didn't have a mustache last time I checked.
Not that I've been paying much attention or anything...

Greg
...who's tickled pink to see David Lee Roth back where he belongs... :-)

Tom Shear

Sep 11, 1996, 3:00:00 AM9/11/96

>>Based on the opinions expressed by most of the people here on rmi, I'm
>>guessing that Paul has already fucked it up.

I thought perhaps Paul had learned his lesson from events a year or so
ago. Apparently not. Ironic that he is accusing IN writers of being in
junior high (I'm 24), when it he who is displaying the juvenile attitude.
--Tom
A23/Nerve
Filter/Skeleton Key
//The Words Were Merely Sounds\\
Visit the Assemblage 23 Home Page:
http://members.aol.com/tomshear/private/tomshear1.html

Chris Randall

Sep 12, 1996, 3:00:00 AM9/12/96

Just thought I'd put in my two cents...

-CR

Cykophuk

Sep 14, 1996, 3:00:00 AM9/14/96

Chris Randall (Ch...@smg.org) wrote:
: Just thought I'd put in my two cents...

Next time save em up and buy a dictionary.

D.J. Cykophuk - cyko...@ripco.com

strange DAZE are coming soon!

Damon 1190

Sep 15, 1996, 3:00:00 AM9/15/96

This is a great thread, I wish I would of seen it sooner. I'd
of like to add to the umberage taken with Paul sooner, but alas, Aaron is
just doing too good of a job. Three cheers mate!

-Damon

PS If you didn't get it, VR sucks, OK??

djcleverhans

Sep 15, 1996, 3:00:00 AM9/15/96

cyko...@ripco.com (Cykophuk) wrote:

>Chris Randall (Ch...@smg.org) wrote:
>: Just thought I'd put in my two cents...

>Next time save em up and buy a dictionary.

so are you pro-VR now too?

if you want proof of how this man will make your life a living hell,
feel free to ask. I politely asked him to stop harassing me
and give me th respect other labels do, and he replied with barrages
of insults and lies.

seeya
justin
--
djcleverhans::justinkendrickmaxwell::http://pages.pomona.edu/~jmaxwell/
<technodirector|kspc887fm|&|damngooddeejay:mechanotherapy:thurs12-2am>

Aaron Johnston

Sep 17, 1996, 3:00:00 AM9/17/96

Thanks Damon, but it really wasn't hard work. Trying to provoke
Paul Abramson into a witty response is like jacking-off without being
able to cum.

BTW Happey Birthday Damon, your bash at So What! was great fun!

-aaron

Tom Shear

Sep 17, 1996, 3:00:00 AM9/17/96

>> Trying to provoke
Paul Abramson into a witty response is like jacking-off without being
able to cum.<<

*Laughing to tears*

Edward Roth Finkler

Sep 18, 1996, 3:00:00 AM9/18/96

From on high, Chris Randall <Ch...@smg.org> speaketh:

: Just thought I'd put in my two cents...

You white trash pink floyd listening bad guy! No Seiwolf for you!

Tom Shear

Sep 18, 1996, 3:00:00 AM9/18/96

Ed Finkler wrote:
>>You white trash pink floyd listening bad guy! No Seiwolf for you!

You see?!? You see?!? This is what happens when you mix Seinfeld and
r.m.i.! The Seilwolf Nazi!

Greg Clow

Sep 18, 1996, 3:00:00 AM9/18/96

Edward Roth Finkler <efin...@sun1.iusb.edu> wrote:
>: Just thought I'd put in my two cents...
>
>You white trash pink floyd listening bad guy! No Seiwolf for you!

At the risk of revealing some of my more mainstream tastes... when I saw
"No Seiwolf for you!" above (I'm assuming, by the way, that the
misspelling was an intentional jab at Goat Boy), I instantly thought of
the Soup Nazi episode of Sienfeld. "No soup for you!" Hah!

"Paul Abramson, Promo Nazi!!" :-)

Greg

J.J. Medusa

Sep 18, 1996, 3:00:00 AM9/18/96

this might not have anything to do with this (who knows?) but what about
the *bands* on the van richter label? i personally can only stand the
fair sex and plastic noise experience. everything else i felt was really
bad. i have sometimes wondered what all those people thought after they
left heaven after a van richter party, got home, and stuck that death and
horror, inc. c.d. into their player. perhaps, "why the hell did i even
TRY to win this?!"

--
* j.j. * * what goes around, comes back stronger.
* medusa * * * * * *

Paul Brousseau

Sep 19, 1996, 3:00:00 AM9/19/96

Somewhat off the subject... but what, exactly, is a MOOK? Aside from
deragotory...

--PBr

Mark Beeson

Sep 19, 1996, 3:00:00 AM9/19/96

Paul Brousseau (pbr...@ute.CS.Berkeley.EDU) wrote:
// Somewhat off the subject... but what, exactly, is a MOOK? Aside from
// deragotory...

It's a species indiginous to New York (specifically, Brooklyn). Small,
furry, smells like shit, and is generally obnoxious. Therefore, when
someone who has spent any amount of time in New York calls you a mook,
you know you've just been insulted.

--Mark
(resisting temptation to say "it means no one does more for you")

Greg Clow

Sep 19, 1996, 3:00:00 AM9/19/96

In article <84307754...@marduk.obscure.org>,

J.J. Medusa <med...@obscure.org> wrote:

>this might not have anything to do with this (who knows?) but what about
>the *bands* on the van richter label? i personally can only stand the
>fair sex and plastic noise experience. everything else i felt was really
>bad.

Gotta disagree with you... personally, I think that The Fair Sex and PNE
suck. Like, really badly. Same with Testify. But I like Seilwolf and DHI
lots. Different streaks for different freaks, etc., etc...

Greg

coretex

Sep 19, 1996, 3:00:00 AM9/19/96

It's also a character class in Wizardy 6, Bane of the Cosmic Forge.

Core-Techs

Aaron Johnston

Sep 20, 1996, 3:00:00 AM9/20/96

*

>Somewhat off the subject... but what, exactly, is a MOOK? Aside from
>deragotory...
>
>--PBr

It's a goat boy.

MARC42

Sep 20, 1996, 3:00:00 AM9/20/96

In article <51rp2l$b...@gold.interlog.com>, sta...@interlog.com (Greg Clow) wrote:
> Different streaks for different freaks

Now THERE'S a good T-Shirt slogan!

;p
Marc

Visit Marc42's Underground Psiber City
(a wee humble corner of cyberspace)
Home of "id" World Domination Headquarters
and A Salute To Wallace & Ladmo
http://www.azaccess.com/~marc42

Chris Randall

Sep 21, 1996, 3:00:00 AM9/21/96

Paul Brousseau wrote:

> Somewhat off the subject... but what, exactly, is a MOOK? Aside from
> deragotory...

It is a term someone in the music industry uses to descibe someone else
in the industry who is a fucking idiot. We in SMG found it most usefull
on our three-month Hell Bus Ride with GK. In leiu of more flowery and
descriptive language.

-Crandall

THE RIPPER

Sep 22, 1996, 3:00:00 AM9/22/96

Try getting the unreleased tracks Sielwolf oh jadded one

THE RIPPER

Sep 22, 1996, 3:00:00 AM9/22/96

Ever heard of quality not quantity. Considering I worked for the label
you referenced- Wax Trax- if you look at the early years they were
selective in their releases. At this point we are at 11 which is fine
with us. We don't just license old stuff. TESTIFY 'Mmmyaoooo' is our
brand spanking new record world wide- produced by SKREW! Get the facts
first.

THE RIPPER

Sep 22, 1996, 3:00:00 AM9/22/96
to Ch...@smg.org
Pal you don't even know us. Ask the hometown references before you speak
again....David 'Medusa' Shelton,Fluffy,H. Beno,Leroy,Reid etc...!

THE RIPPER

Sep 22, 1996, 3:00:00 AM9/22/96

We don't do drugs here just busy.Well maybe when TESTIFY tours with a
certain headliner in the states soon there may be a change it attitude.
I rem ember a mega spam generated over the cyberden that everyone it
quick to forget.BTW we answer all our email, and if you read all the
features on our web site you will see all our bands are well aware of
what time it is.

THE RIPPER

Sep 22, 1996, 3:00:00 AM9/22/96

Oh the person who slandered us and lied about the facts...ok.

THE RIPPER

Sep 22, 1996, 3:00:00 AM9/22/96

Hello I don't see you getting don't on other labels who spammed the
internet...and you know who you are darling- one begins with C and the
other R as one alledged writer would put it.

THE RIPPER

Sep 22, 1996, 3:00:00 AM9/22/96

Yes Mr. Hagar the greatest novelest never published(a legend in your own
mind)

THE RIPPER

Sep 22, 1996, 3:00:00 AM9/22/96

Catering to the lowest common demoninator- Mr Hagar -

THE RIPPER

Sep 22, 1996, 3:00:00 AM9/22/96

I guess they laid you off at Burger King.

THE RIPPER

Sep 22, 1996, 3:00:00 AM9/22/96

At least I have one Mr. Hagar. Just cuz College D.J. don't get paid
isn't a license to be a big asshole like yours truly who can only get
his stuff published in zines that don't pay or should I say you pay them
to publish your illiterate ramblings.Rock on Sammy

THE RIPPER

Sep 22, 1996, 3:00:00 AM9/22/96

At least we ain't no promo whores like yours truly.

THE RIPPER

Sep 22, 1996, 3:00:00 AM9/22/96

Your's should read 'king of mental masturbation'

THE RIPPER

Sep 22, 1996, 3:00:00 AM9/22/96

mas...@inferno.com (Aaron Johnston) wrote:
>>As Sielwolf would say your nothing but a white trash piece of
>>shit....oops I mean a wannabe DJ and IN lacky(Jr.high)writer.
>
>Jr. High writer eh? Well, I'm not gonna' drag anyone else into this,
>but please do ask Chase what magazine I just got 16 Volt into.
>According to both of your fantasy's I 'd say Rolling Stone
>>Now get rid of that Sammy Hagar mustache and go out an get a job boy!
>
>WOW! Talk about a case of mistaken identity. I've always hated myself
>for never being able to grow facial hair. I know you have this thing
>for guys who look like your father, but even if I had a Sammy Hagar
>mustache, I still wouldn't let you lick my nuts. So run off to Family
>Therapy and try and get over it, OK?
>Your wacked
>Actually Paul, I kinda work in Silicon Valley , ya know?
>I have a neat little computer job n' stuff.
>Ya I hear you run the register at Burger King
>>BTW no new SIELWOLF for you....
>
>That's OK, I saw Slayer on the last tour, should tide me over.
>Your ability to comprehend is masterfully incompetent
>-aaron johnston

THE RIPPER

Sep 22, 1996, 3:00:00 AM9/22/96

Sorry the level of writing.....

THE RIPPER

Sep 22, 1996, 3:00:00 AM9/22/96

If you didn't get it you will never get servicing for your stinking club
dickhead

THE RIPPER

Sep 22, 1996, 3:00:00 AM9/22/96

No your deal is send we all your titles and if I review them...fuck you
cuz I 'm a cheap bastard and won't send you my zine. BTW regarding
spelling your confusing me with IN.VR

THE RIPPER

Sep 22, 1996, 3:00:00 AM9/22/96

Back to your old tricks I see. Remember how you pissed off our
webmaster.Keep making friends...Mr. proud to be an american

THE RIPPER

Sep 22, 1996, 3:00:00 AM9/22/96

Are you the incompetent jerk that said TFS was unlistenable noise.

THE RIPPER

Sep 22, 1996, 3:00:00 AM9/22/96

Hello you have not sent any playlists in six months or more.Your totally
unprofessional and irresponsible. You bugged the shit out of us to get
DHI then never even spun it once. We sent Testify to your house and who
know's where that wound up.Tell the truth dude, I think your a tad
immature for the job to say the least, and you have zero follow
through...remember the TFS giveaway you dropped the ball on.Enough said
we miss Mary Owen greatly

THE RIPPER

Sep 22, 1996, 3:00:00 AM9/22/96

Greg the only industrial band you like is Skinny Puppy so quit
soliciting labels as your probably making a living selling the promos.
BTW your the only zine that refuses to service labels.

THE RIPPER

Sep 22, 1996, 3:00:00 AM9/22/96

Sorry your fridged. BTW RMI readers this fucker hounded the shit out of
us to get Sielwolf freebees for an alledged feature. When we asked for a
copy of the publication Mr. Hagar told us to fuck off. I sure the CD etc
is sitting in his promo whore stack that he has scammed from other
labels too.

THE RIPPER

Sep 22, 1996, 3:00:00 AM9/22/96

Personally all I with give press to is Skinny Puppy but always send me
free stuff and fuck you cuz I won't ever send you my zine

David A. Scott

Sep 22, 1996, 3:00:00 AM9/22/96

In <523i81$1...@uruguay.earthlink.net> THE RIPPER <vric...@netcom.com>
writes:

>I guess they laid you off at Burger King.

You could at least learn how to quote, so people will have a clue as to
what you're talking about. And were 30 messages like this really
necessary? Looks like the whole spamfest could have gone into one
single message. You're doing your label (and the bands on it) a lot of
harm with this nonsense.

Suddenly, all of those anti-goat-boy messages are starting to make
perfect sense.

Aaron Johnston

Sep 22, 1996, 3:00:00 AM9/22/96

>Personally all I with give press to is Skinny Puppy but always send me
>free stuff and fuck you cuz I won't ever send you my zine

WHAT?

Aaron Johnston

Sep 22, 1996, 3:00:00 AM9/22/96

>If you didn't get it you will never get servicing for your stinking club
>dickhead

What Club ?

Aaron Johnston

Sep 22, 1996, 3:00:00 AM9/22/96

>Yes Mr. Hagar the greatest novelest never published(a legend in your own
>mind)

Come on Paul, at least make this interesting.

Aaron Johnston

Sep 22, 1996, 3:00:00 AM9/22/96

>Are you the incompetent jerk that said TFS was unlistenable noise.

That's funny Paul, I thought your beef was that I never wrote about
TFS in the first place.

Aaron Johnston

Sep 22, 1996, 3:00:00 AM9/22/96

>Sorry the level of writing.....

And........

Aaron Johnston

Sep 22, 1996, 3:00:00 AM9/22/96

>Back to your old tricks I see. Remember how you pissed off our
>webmaster.Keep making friends...Mr. proud to be an american

Please direct comments to the person you are attempting to flame.
We'll give you credit for trying, honestly.

Aaron Johnston

Sep 22, 1996, 3:00:00 AM9/22/96

>Your's should read 'king of mental masturbation'

What?

Aaron Johnston

Sep 22, 1996, 3:00:00 AM9/22/96

>Catering to the lowest common demoninator- Mr Hagar -

Hey, so they kicked the guy out of Van Halen, give 'em a break.

Aaron Johnston

Sep 22, 1996, 3:00:00 AM9/22/96

>Oh the person who slandered us and lied about the facts...ok.

I really am trying here Paul, really I am. Sorry if this is a bit
boring folks. You can only work with what you're given.

Aaron Johnston

Sep 22, 1996, 3:00:00 AM9/22/96

>I guess they laid you off at Burger King.

YAWN.

Aaron Johnston

Sep 22, 1996, 3:00:00 AM9/22/96

>At least we ain't no promo whores like yours truly.

I think we already established the contrary. I don't remember any
defense on your part Paul.

Aaron Johnston

Sep 22, 1996, 3:00:00 AM9/22/96

>Try getting the unreleased tracks Sielwolf oh jadded one

hhhhhhhhrrrrrrrrmmmmmmmmmmmllllllllllllllllllllll,........[yawn]

Aaron Johnston

Sep 22, 1996, 3:00:00 AM9/22/96

>At least I have one Mr. Hagar. Just cuz College D.J. don't get paid
>isn't a license to be a big asshole like yours truly who can only get
>his stuff published in zines that don't pay or should I say you pay them
>to publish your illiterate ramblings.Rock on Sammy

I wouldn't expect you to follow what I do, but if you did, you'd
shut-up. What's with this Sammy Hagar thing anyway? I'm trying to find
some sort of hidden meaning or metaphoric content here Paul and it's
just not coming through.

Aaron Johnston

Sep 22, 1996, 3:00:00 AM9/22/96

>No your deal is send we all your titles and if I review them...fuck you
>cuz I 'm a cheap bastard and won't send you my zine. BTW regarding
>spelling your confusing me with IN.VR

I like to think of myself as an enterprising young man, but I am still
not a WE. Would this be Industrial Nation, the magazine that will not
take ad money from you? hmmmm...

It is loading more messages.