GOD will SAVE all you pissants!!!!

00000000

Sep 24, 1998, 3:00:00 AM9/24/98
god will save you pitiful losers/ if you get down and repent, take off those
fishnets put down that pasifier, and pick up the helping friendly book/
stop listening to that infernal devil music made by the computer /
stop having sex with each other/ stop being sooo gay!
find your self in god!

Dayv!

Sep 24, 1998, 3:00:00 AM9/24/98
00000000 wrote:

Bitch.

--
-Dayv!

"When the rabbit of chaos
is pursued by the ferret of disorder
through the fields of anarchy,
it is time to hang your pants
on the hook of darkness,
whether they are clean or not... bitch."

Dave R.

Sep 24, 1998, 3:00:00 AM9/24/98
In article <6ucm00$n...@news.webspan.net>, "00000000" <spam...@webspan.net> wrote:
>god will save you pitiful losers/ if you get down and repent, take off those

"Pitiful losers"...that's a great way to make someone interested in what
you're selling...insult them.

>fishnets put down that pasifier, and pick up the helping friendly book/

Helping friendly book? You have a copy of "A Brief History of Time" too?
Cool!

>stop listening to that infernal devil music made by the computer /

Music is nothing more than organized sound. Sound is the interpretation of
air compressions caused by vibration. It doesn't matter where it comes
from...it's all music to me.

>stop having sex with each other/ stop being sooo gay!

I'm scratching my head on this one. Stop having sex with each other?
Wouldn't that bring about the end of the human race in about a generation?

Stop being so gay? I'm scratching my head again here. Does that mean that my
girlfriend is really a guy?

>find your self in god!

I did. And he brought a whole pantheon of friends with him.

And I've never had more direction in my life.

And I can't believe I just responded to a troll.

::::: Dave Ross / Dr. Watson "Yesterday's technology
:: === wat...@mcs.com today...for a better
:: === dro...@niu.edu tomorrow!"
::::: http://www.cs.niu.edu/~z956832

D & D

Sep 24, 1998, 3:00:00 AM9/24/98
Is this a joke, are you just stupid, or are you trying to get attention?

Davy

apriori

Sep 24, 1998, 3:00:00 AM9/24/98
<spam...@webspan.net> wrote:

>god will save you pitiful losers/ if you get down and repent,

Weren't those the lyrics to some old '70s funk song? "Get _down_ and
repent!"

>ake off those

>fishnets put down that pasifier, and pick up the helping friendly book/

Which would be what, "Maldoror?"

>stop listening to that infernal devil music made by the computer /

>stop having sex with each other/ stop being sooo gay!

And start listening to the voices in my head...er, _your_ head...or
something...

>find your self in god!

"In" god? Eeeewwww!! Wht if you were in one of the _icky_ parts?!?

apriori

Nico

Sep 24, 1998, 3:00:00 AM9/24/98
C'est quoi ce debile???????????

Dayv!

Sep 24, 1998, 3:00:00 AM9/24/98
apriori wrote:

> A worthless loser wrote:

> >find your self in god!
> >

> "In" god? Eeeewwww!! What if you were in one of the _icky_ parts?!?

And now, live coverage from our field reporter who has found himself in
God:

"Where are you exactly, Jones?"
"Well, Dayv!, I appear to be in God's colon. I'm surrounded by huge,
stinking, walls of feces on all sides and the entire region is slowly
contracting and releasing as it goes through the motions of peristalsis.
There is a slamming, repetetive motion coming from further down the rectum
that leads me to believe that God is either dancing its ass off or being
sodomized. I'll let you know for sure once I've been further digested."

This time I've gone too far...

Adrian Vickers

Sep 24, 1998, 3:00:00 AM9/24/98
"00000000" <spam...@webspan.net> wrote:

M3 2.

--
Ade.

Empty

Sep 24, 1998, 3:00:00 AM9/24/98
On Thu, 24 Sep 1998 17:35:11 GMT,
ix_nay_on_the_am_spay@no_such_isp.com (apriori) had the sheer temerity
to say:

>>ake off those
>>fishnets put down that pasifier, and pick up the helping friendly book/
>
>Which would be what, "Maldoror?"

No, no, no... The yellow pages!

"She doesn't live here. It sucks"-Empty
"Use your snakeoil charm and get her to move."-Dweomer

DOODZ

Sep 24, 1998, 3:00:00 AM9/24/98
In article <6udt30$ft$1...@Nntp1.mcs.net>, Dave R. <wat...@mcs.com> writes

>Music is nothing more than organized sound. Sound is the interpretation of
>air compressions caused by vibration. It doesn't matter where it comes
>from...it's all music to me.

WHAT? SO YOU PREFER THE SOUND OF A HOOVER BAG FILLING UP TO THE AMAZING
THUMPING ROCK OF, SAY, LEMMY AND MOTORHEAD? HOW CAN THAT BE MUSIC? ANY
IDIOT CAN PRESS 'ARPEGGIO' ON A SYNTH AND SHOVE A USELESS TIN CAN DRUM
BEAT ON TOP, BUT TO LEARN HOW TO PLAY GUITAR AND EXPLORE THE NUANCES OF
SAY, "NO SLEEP TILL HAMMERSMITH" TAKES TIME AND SKILL.

MOST TECHNO IS MADE BY BALDING RICH KIDS WHO JUST BUY SO MANY EFFECTS
AND KEYBOARDS THAT EVEN A TRAINED CHIMP COULD MAKE AN 'INTERESTING'
NOISE.

FACE IT - WHO'S GOING TO REMEMBER TECHNO SONGS NEXT YEAR?

JIM
--
JIM DOODZ
NEW BAND: 'PAGAN M3TAL FALL0UT' PLAYING 28/10/98

Grendel

Sep 24, 1998, 3:00:00 AM9/24/98
> WHAT? SO YOU PREFER THE SOUND OF A HOOVER BAG FILLING UP TO THE AMAZING
> THUMPING ROCK OF, SAY, LEMMY AND MOTORHEAD? HOW CAN THAT BE MUSIC? ANY
> IDIOT CAN PRESS 'ARPEGGIO' ON A SYNTH AND SHOVE A USELESS TIN CAN DRUM
> BEAT ON TOP, BUT TO LEARN HOW TO PLAY GUITAR AND EXPLORE THE NUANCES OF
> SAY, "NO SLEEP TILL HAMMERSMITH" TAKES TIME AND SKILL.

So does being able to play like William Faith of Faith and the Muse
(formerly of Wreckage and Christian Death), which happens to be a
gothic/darkwave band. I think any moron can fret a powerchord and
strum out noise as well. I know a couple of six year olds that do
that... and it sounds like every other "speedmeatl" band I've heard.

> MOST TECHNO IS MADE BY BALDING RICH KIDS WHO JUST BUY SO MANY EFFECTS
> AND KEYBOARDS THAT EVEN A TRAINED CHIMP COULD MAKE AN 'INTERESTING'
> NOISE.

Except for balding.. you just described Trendy Trent Reznor. Thank
You.

> FACE IT - WHO'S GOING TO REMEMBER TECHNO SONGS NEXT YEAR?

People who know how to type without leaving the Caps Lock on like a
neanderthal. Some Techno (Moby) is very artistic, and not just a
bunch of programming. Then again... Goth is a genre, not a type.
that is why there is Goth-metal, Goth-Industrial, goth-darkwave,
goth-ambient/ethereal, goth-techno/dance/trance. *shrug*

Roses and Razors,

P-GM

Peter K.

Sep 24, 1998, 3:00:00 AM9/24/98
This is a pathetic thread started by someone with way to much time on their
hands.. whoever said this probably did it between having sex with himself.

I'd actually like to know what their definition of "Techno" is, because I
know lots of Americans who consider "Euro" as Techno... while groups like
NIN, Garbage, Fear Factory are influenced by techno

Peter

Dan Howells

Sep 24, 1998, 3:00:00 AM9/24/98

Fuck off.

s A B E R t O O T H

Sep 24, 1998, 3:00:00 AM9/24/98
DOODZ wrote:

> In article <6udt30$ft$1...@Nntp1.mcs.net>, Dave R. <wat...@mcs.com> writes
> >
> >Music is nothing more than organized sound. Sound is the interpretation of
> >air compressions caused by vibration. It doesn't matter where it comes
> >from...it's all music to me.
>
> WHAT? SO YOU PREFER THE SOUND OF A HOOVER BAG FILLING UP TO THE AMAZING
> THUMPING ROCK OF, SAY, LEMMY AND MOTORHEAD? HOW CAN THAT BE MUSIC? ANY
> IDIOT CAN PRESS 'ARPEGGIO' ON A SYNTH AND SHOVE A USELESS TIN CAN DRUM
> BEAT ON TOP, BUT TO LEARN HOW TO PLAY GUITAR AND EXPLORE THE NUANCES OF
> SAY, "NO SLEEP TILL HAMMERSMITH" TAKES TIME AND SKILL.
>
> MOST TECHNO IS MADE BY BALDING RICH KIDS WHO JUST BUY SO MANY EFFECTS
> AND KEYBOARDS THAT EVEN A TRAINED CHIMP COULD MAKE AN 'INTERESTING'
> NOISE.

I like 'em both...

> FACE IT - WHO'S GOING TO REMEMBER TECHNO SONGS NEXT YEAR?

me.

(p.s. REAL techno died a few years ago, you're living in the past)

--
s A B E R t O O T H

_.·-~^» Suicide4me «^~-·._

Sep 24, 1998, 3:00:00 AM9/24/98
I'm a musiscian. I have played guitar & bass now for 13
yrs.(I'm 20) I have also learned to play some piano, violin,
and the drums. Well, I bought this computer, and very quick
like purchased Cakewalk, then mixman. I entered the
interesting world of techno.
There's sample CD's you can usually get at music stores
which contain 100's of samples of sounds produced with
keyboards, synths, etc. Put some of these on Mixman, make
some of your own on Cakewalk, then mix everything down.
Techno, is aptly named for it's roots in our evolving world
of technology which is changing, and expanding music. I
believe for the better.
Yes, there some techno songs which require minimal musical
knowledge, but require recording knowledge out the ass.
Techno and metal are now almost the same. This ain't the
80's anymore. I appreciate each form of music simply for the
structure and time it took to make them.
To name a few bands in which techno based samples are
used:

Lords of Acid, White Zombie, Marylin Manson, NIN, Elastica,
Bjork, Tool, Pink Floyd, Green Jelly, etc.

Sep 24, 1998, 3:00:00 AM9/24/98
I'm taking personal offense to this uneducated post. How in the hell can
you compare most electronic music to classical music. Classical musicians
create stunningly complex musical scores based on very intricate sets of
musical theories and rules which take many many years of very rigorous study
to acheive. I personally like electronic music, but this is a completeley
ridiculous claim. As far as this rock vs. techno garbage. What?! Who in
the hell cares?! Rock is rock and techno is techno. Hell polka is polka
for that matter. Some would argue that blue grass is superior music. Its
just personal opinion. Whoever said DJ's have harder jobs than Guitarists
never tried mastering "Mood for a day", "Eruption", "Surfing with the
Alien", or other songs invinted by various rock guitar demi-gods, I know
people who have dedicated 30+ years to being that good, you obviously don't
understand *REAL* rock guitar playing. I would say that the age old
argument of who's the best guitarist laid out by these *ROCKER DUDES* (who
obviously are still depressed that Beavis and Butthead was ended) don't play
classical guitar. All this blathering on and on and on has a point though,
who in the fuck cares just enjoy the music.

Charos wrote in message ...
>um...bullshit...you say they just buy expensive equipment and do nothing
>much themselves...you obviously haven't seen many electronic bands play
>then, regardless of how soft and flowing the music is, or how hard edged,
>doesn't matter what band...The Orb, The Chemical Brothers, The Crystal
>Method, whoever...take a look at them after a show and they're almost
always
>soaked with sweat from the workout they recieve...I view modern electronic
>music (the good shit, not crap like Love Inc...the Chris Shepherd (SP?) guy
>doesn't even mix his own music) as sort of modern classical music. the
>artist must make nearly an orchestra of sound with just two or three
people,
>now this is TALENT...it's also why when you watch them live they're always
>running back and forth, from this console to that, just to get the right
>sound, they have a HUGE job. You can say you don't like electronic music
>but to state the people who create it aren't talented individuals is simply
>a mentally retarded thing to do...oh...and by the way...electronic music
has
>been around for quite a long time now...and it doesn't seem to be going
>anywhere but up in popularity...it's not going away any time soon...
>
>*+_Charos_+*

>>MOST TECHNO IS MADE BY BALDING RICH KIDS WHO JUST BUY SO MANY EFFECTS
>>AND KEYBOARDS THAT EVEN A TRAINED CHIMP COULD MAKE AN 'INTERESTING'
>>NOISE.

Sep 24, 1998, 3:00:00 AM9/24/98

Dayv! wrote in message <360BAA49...@misery.com>...
>Eggy Bhuna Massala wrote:
>
>> Music is about skill in your instruments and any tosser can program a
computer
>> to make a few beeps.
>
> And any loser with a greatest hits of Rush CD and an extensive
collection of
>Metallica t-shirts can be in a Kiss cover band, rocking out three nights a
week in
>some chicken house. R0CK 0N 4EVER D00DZ!
> Pathetic, people, absolutely pathetic.

You my friend are pathetic and obviously deprived of something.

>> Shalom and peace, Eggy
>
> A statement like that goes hand in hand with calling people "cunts" and
>"tossers" because they create music that you can neither appreciate or
understand,
>doesn't it? You know where to put it.

Obviously you don't understand their music and insult it and them the same.
You are scum.

Rev Chuck

Sep 24, 1998, 3:00:00 AM9/24/98
Moog whiz Walter/Wendy Carlos of _Switched on Bach_ fame did a phenomenal
job on the _Clockwork Orange_ soundtrack. Electronic and classical are BY
NO MEANS EXCLUSIVE, and can complement each other tremendously.

Don't have the soundtrack album? Get it, you'll play it to death.

--
Creationism -- because the words are easier to spell.
Rev Chuck, Alt.Atheism #203, Ordained Reverend, ULC, 17 March, 1997.

Rev Chuck

Sep 24, 1998, 3:00:00 AM9/24/98
Damn. And KISS is one of my favorite bands.

Howden Hall

Sep 25, 1998, 3:00:00 AM9/25/98

Grendel wrote in message <360AB0F7...@kansas.net>...

>> WHAT? SO YOU PREFER THE SOUND OF A HOOVER BAG FILLING UP TO THE AMAZING
>> THUMPING ROCK OF, SAY, LEMMY AND MOTORHEAD? HOW CAN THAT BE MUSIC? ANY
>> IDIOT CAN PRESS 'ARPEGGIO' ON A SYNTH AND SHOVE A USELESS TIN CAN DRUM
>> BEAT ON TOP, BUT TO LEARN HOW TO PLAY GUITAR AND EXPLORE THE NUANCES

$$>As you say, anyone can *press arpeggio blah blah*. I agree utterly,
that's why there is a massive amount of crap out there. Then, you talk of
nuances. These nuances that you spray forth with are at the very essence of
tekno(real, underground tekno: Network 23 etc.). And this too, takes time
and skill. The methods are different but the results are the same, you just
have to know what to listen for. Listening is the key word. All YOU *hear*
is the "tin can drum beat" if you were to smoke a few spliffs, sit down, and
actually listen, the nuances will come through no problem.

OF
>> SAY, "NO SLEEP TILL HAMMERSMITH" TAKES TIME AND SKILL.
>

>So does being able to play like William Faith of Faith and the Muse
>(formerly of Wreckage and Christian Death), which happens to be a
>gothic/darkwave band. I think any moron can fret a powerchord and
>strum out noise as well. I know a couple of six year olds that do
>that... and it sounds like every other "speedmeatl" band I've heard.

$$>Eh.......Aye ok. Nowt wrong with "speedmetal". Slayer, Napalm Death,
Carcass are, or at least were, all top notch bands. Both of you are
ignorant to one another, it is pityfull.

>> MOST TECHNO IS MADE BY BALDING RICH KIDS WHO JUST BUY SO MANY EFFECTS

Ok......Heavy metal (ROCK) is made by balding old men who buy many effects
for their guitars!? Your point is?

>> AND KEYBOARDS THAT EVEN A TRAINED CHIMP COULD MAKE AN 'INTERESTING'
>> NOISE.

Very true, and it would probably sound better than most of the drivel that's
available today, too.

Except for balding.. you just described Trendy Trent Reznor. Thank
>You.

NIN, tekno? Nah not really!

>> FACE IT - WHO'S GOING TO REMEMBER TECHNO SONGS NEXT YEAR?

$$>Here's a big shock for ye, NO ONE will, except for the DJs.

>People who know how to type without leaving the Caps Lock on like a
>neanderthal. Some Techno (Moby) is very artistic, and not just a
>bunch of programming. Then again... Goth is a genre, not a type.
>that is why there is Goth-metal, Goth-Industrial, goth-darkwave,
>goth-ambient/ethereal, goth-techno/dance/trance. *shrug*

$$>??????????????????????????*wank*

>Roses and Razors,
>
>P-GM

$$>P.s. "You suffer, but why?" - The Electro Hippies.
No, NOT Tekno.

Rock on tommy.

Bleach

Sep 25, 1998, 3:00:00 AM9/25/98
On Thu, 24 Sep 1998, 00000000 wrote:

> god will save you pitiful losers/ if you get down and repent, take off those

> fishnets put down that pasifier, and pick up the helping friendly book/

But they make me feel soo good

> stop listening to that infernal devil music made by the computer /

Well it would seem that you do not like computers too much, what did you
use to post this??? Also i think that you will find that in almost any
type of music some type of computer will be used in the production.

> stop having sex with each other/ stop being sooo gay!

Who said anything about being gay, we just have sex with who ever that is
appealing at the time.

> find your self in god!

I tried and i got lost, no one woud help me. So i left. Also there are no
good music shops there.

Bleach

"Hey christain god get outta my face
Your holy ghost is a curse on the human race
I'd like to string you up one more time
No stupid sacrament, no pissy wine"
Hey Christian God, Snog

Persi

Sep 25, 1998, 3:00:00 AM9/25/98
In article <HXsN0HAd...@urban75.demon.co.uk>, DOODZ@HOUSE_OF_ROCK.COM
says...

>In article <6udt30$ft$1...@Nntp1.mcs.net>, Dave R. <wat...@mcs.com> writes
>>
>>Music is nothing more than organized sound. Sound is the interpretation of
>>air compressions caused by vibration. It doesn't matter where it comes
>>from...it's all music to me.
>
>WHAT? SO YOU PREFER THE SOUND OF A HOOVER BAG FILLING UP TO THE AMAZING
>THUMPING ROCK OF, SAY, LEMMY AND MOTORHEAD? HOW CAN THAT BE MUSIC? ANY
>IDIOT CAN PRESS 'ARPEGGIO' ON A SYNTH AND SHOVE A USELESS TIN CAN DRUM
>BEAT ON TOP, BUT TO LEARN HOW TO PLAY GUITAR AND EXPLORE THE NUANCES OF

>SAY, "NO SLEEP TILL HAMMERSMITH" TAKES TIME AND SKILL.

Just when this thread started getting fun, someone had to turn it into a rock
rules/techno sucks thread. Are their no more creative individuals left on
Usenet?

--
In My CD Changer/Stereo:

DJ Spooky - Riddim Warfare
You've Got The Fucking Power (DHR US comp)
Marilyn Manson - Mechanical Animals (Wow....I'm impressed!)

Persi

Sep 25, 1998, 3:00:00 AM9/25/98
In article <6ucm00$n...@news.webspan.net>, spam...@webspan.net says...

>god will save you pitiful losers/ if you get down and repent, take off those
>fishnets put down that pasifier, and pick up the helping friendly book/
>stop listening to that infernal devil music made by the computer /
>stop having sex with each other/ stop being sooo gay!
>find your self in god!

Someone should should record that above statement onto a tape and sample it for
a good techno or industrial song. That's what methinks.

Charos

Sep 25, 1998, 3:00:00 AM9/25/98
um...bullshit...you say they just buy expensive equipment and do nothing
much themselves...you obviously haven't seen many electronic bands play
then, regardless of how soft and flowing the music is, or how hard edged,
doesn't matter what band...The Orb, The Chemical Brothers, The Crystal
Method, whoever...take a look at them after a show and they're almost always
soaked with sweat from the workout they recieve...I view modern electronic
music (the good shit, not crap like Love Inc...the Chris Shepherd (SP?) guy
doesn't even mix his own music) as sort of modern classical music. the
artist must make nearly an orchestra of sound with just two or three people,
now this is TALENT...it's also why when you watch them live they're always
running back and forth, from this console to that, just to get the right
sound, they have a HUGE job. You can say you don't like electronic music
but to state the people who create it aren't talented individuals is simply
a mentally retarded thing to do...oh...and by the way...electronic music has
been around for quite a long time now...and it doesn't seem to be going
anywhere but up in popularity...it's not going away any time soon...

*+_Charos_+*

>MOST TECHNO IS MADE BY BALDING RICH KIDS WHO JUST BUY SO MANY EFFECTS

>AND KEYBOARDS THAT EVEN A TRAINED CHIMP COULD MAKE AN 'INTERESTING'
>NOISE.

Persi

Sep 25, 1998, 3:00:00 AM9/25/98
In article <SyHO1.1657$YP5.3...@tor-nn1.netcom.ca>, charos...@netcom.ca
says...

>um...bullshit...you say they just buy expensive equipment and do nothing
>much themselves...you obviously haven't seen many electronic bands play
>then, regardless of how soft and flowing the music is, or how hard edged,
>doesn't matter what band...The Orb, The Chemical Brothers, The Crystal
>Method, whoever...take a look at them after a show and they're almost always
>soaked with sweat from the workout they recieve...I view modern electronic
>music (the good shit, not crap like Love Inc...the Chris Shepherd (SP?) guy
>doesn't even mix his own music) as sort of modern classical music. the
>artist must make nearly an orchestra of sound with just two or three people,
>now this is TALENT...it's also why when you watch them live they're always
>running back and forth, from this console to that, just to get the right
>sound, they have a HUGE job.

That's a pretty debatable issue since it is pretty well known that alot of
techno artists rely on DAT's for live performance. Aphex Twin, for instance,
sits on a sofa and presses buttons on his Powerbook all night. Sure, the
Chemical Brothers and Crystal Method look pretty exhausted and sweaty after a
set (who wouldn't with all that wattage of eqipment, generators and lights
heating up your body), but alot of what you hear is pre-programmed on DAT.
Sure, there is alot of live mixing (as with the Orb, LX mixes in his samples
live from vinyl), but it's not that extensive of a workout.

There is a much more visible amount of talent involved in making the music,
itself. It's not just about programming a bunch of buttons. Sampling, playing
instruments to later sample, sequencing, looping, scratching, etc all take
considerable amount of talent, as does DJing, which is much easier said than
done (a good DJ knows how to work a crowd, beat-match, mix the right elements
of music to keep a crowd dancing, etc, etc). I don't play live music, but I can
assume that DJing is alot harder than playing a live techno set (you can tell
by the amount of work DJ's like Chemical Brothers, Fatboy Slim, Grooverider,
Oakenfold, Derrick May etc, put into their sets).

pawl stevenz

Sep 25, 1998, 3:00:00 AM9/25/98

I'd like to see this asshole listen to Skinny Puppy's Last Rights or
ANY Download song and try to imitate that on a guitar.

He probabbly hasn't even listened to any.... there are guitars buried
in there... what a dumbfuck... waste of time too..

Dadanoise

Sep 25, 1998, 3:00:00 AM9/25/98

ladies and gentlemen, i'd like to introduce a true genius.

>WHAT? SO YOU PREFER THE SOUND OF A HOOVER BAG FILLING UP TO THE AMAZING
>THUMPING ROCK OF, SAY, LEMMY AND MOTORHEAD? HOW CAN THAT BE MUSIC? ANY
>IDIOT CAN PRESS 'ARPEGGIO' ON A SYNTH AND SHOVE A USELESS TIN CAN DRUM
>BEAT ON TOP, BUT TO LEARN HOW TO PLAY GUITAR AND EXPLORE THE NUANCES OF
>SAY, "NO SLEEP TILL HAMMERSMITH" TAKES TIME AND SKILL.
>

>MOST TECHNO IS MADE BY BALDING RICH KIDS WHO JUST BUY SO MANY EFFECTS
>AND KEYBOARDS THAT EVEN A TRAINED CHIMP COULD MAKE AN 'INTERESTING'
>NOISE.
>
>FACE IT - WHO'S GOING TO REMEMBER TECHNO SONGS NEXT YEAR?
>

>JIM
>--
>JIM DOODZ
>NEW BAND: 'PAGAN M3TAL FALL0UT' PLAYING 28/10/98
>BIRMINGHAM THE CROWN. LET'S ROCK THIS TOWN, MAKE SOME NOIZE,

noise? you pussy.

///dadanoise///

in the dimensions of her face he saw all the turbulence of the 20th century
dramatized and demystified -- rendered flat and cold as a mathematical
equation.

"In the U.S. you have to be a deviant or die of boredom." ~ W.S. Burroughs

Eggy Bhuna Massala

Sep 25, 1998, 3:00:00 AM9/25/98
Persi wrote:

> In article <HXsN0HAd...@urban75.demon.co.uk>, DOODZ@HOUSE_OF_ROCK.COM
> says...
> >
> >In article <6udt30$ft$1...@Nntp1.mcs.net>, Dave R. <wat...@mcs.com> writes
> >>
> >>Music is nothing more than organized sound. Sound is the interpretation of
> >>air compressions caused by vibration. It doesn't matter where it comes
> >>from...it's all music to me.
> >
> >WHAT? SO YOU PREFER THE SOUND OF A HOOVER BAG FILLING UP TO THE AMAZING
> >THUMPING ROCK OF, SAY, LEMMY AND MOTORHEAD? HOW CAN THAT BE MUSIC? ANY
> >IDIOT CAN PRESS 'ARPEGGIO' ON A SYNTH AND SHOVE A USELESS TIN CAN DRUM
> >BEAT ON TOP, BUT TO LEARN HOW TO PLAY GUITAR AND EXPLORE THE NUANCES OF
> >SAY, "NO SLEEP TILL HAMMERSMITH" TAKES TIME AND SKILL.
>
> Just when this thread started getting fun, someone had to turn it into a rock
> rules/techno sucks thread. Are their no more creative individuals left on
> Usenet?

What, like DJs are creative? I mean any old tosser can play records
these days, all you need to do is put the little plastic thing in the
tray and press play. Who the fuck couldn't do that?

JIM DOODZ is right when he sayz that the likes of Lemmy and Ozzy and
demi-gods compared to you idols of shite like Altern-8, Moby, JM Jarre,
Pete Tongue. When was the last time you saw a crowed whipped up into a
frenzy of air-guitar, piss-throwing and lighter holding by some anemic
bunch of cunts like the Aphex Twins, Sash or the Woo Tang Klan? Music

is about skill in your instruments and any tosser can program a computer
to make a few beeps.

Shalom and peace, Eggy
--
"Your wife is like a box of chocolates, you can have the nasty bits
but the soft centre is mine!"

Dadanoise

Sep 25, 1998, 3:00:00 AM9/25/98

> Music
>is about skill in your instruments

no, music is about music. it does not exist solely to "show off your skills."

and any tosser can program a computer
>to make a few beeps.

yeah working with electronics is incredibly easy.

Dayv!

Sep 25, 1998, 3:00:00 AM9/25/98
Eggy Bhuna Massala wrote:

> Music is about skill in your instruments and any tosser can program a computer

> to make a few beeps.

And any loser with a greatest hits of Rush CD and an extensive collection of

Metallica t-shirts can be in a Kiss cover band, rocking out three nights a week in
some chicken house. R0CK 0N 4EVER D00DZ!
Pathetic, people, absolutely pathetic.

> Shalom and peace, Eggy

A statement like that goes hand in hand with calling people "cunts" and
"tossers" because they create music that you can neither appreciate or understand,
doesn't it? You know where to put it.

Bart Lateur

Sep 25, 1998, 3:00:00 AM9/25/98
Eggy Bhuna Massala wrote:

>What, like DJs are creative? I mean any old tosser can play records
>these days, all you need to do is put the little plastic thing in the
>tray and press play. Who the fuck couldn't do that?

Hey, any tosser can smash a guitar! ;-)

You obviously haven't heard any decent DJ's. Everybody feels tempted to
try it, but it requires a talent that very few people actually have. Let
me tell you: there are far more talented musicians out there than that
there are talented DJ's.

Bart.

FleshField

Sep 25, 1998, 3:00:00 AM9/25/98

<<WHAT? SO YOU PREFER THE SOUND OF A HOOVER BAG FILLING UP TO THE AMAZING
THUMPING ROCK OF, SAY, LEMMY AND MOTORHEAD?>>

Yes. Without a doubt.

Industrial music is more about composition, that skill. The skill is not in
playing the instrument, but the actual composition of the music. It takes skill
to create a sound, skill to program that sound to work with others, and skill
to be creative, rather than recycling the same old metal guitar riffs over and
over again. But by your thinking, any classical composer who has composed
brilliant symphonies but can't play the violin or piano to save his life is
untalanted. Yeah...sure...
I can't speak for techno, as I don't really like it, but on the
electro/industrial side of things, I would have to say that it is closer to
true symphony (which is the type of music that takes THE most skill to compose)
than almost any other form of music, INCLUDING your beloved "rock". The
structuring is similar, the composition is similar...industrial can rock just
as hard as any rock tune, and most of the time, even harder. I'm sorry, but I
have yet to hear a rock tune that can pound like a track off of Leæther Strip's
"Solitary Confinement".
Rock musicians may be talented at playing their instruments, and some may be
creative, but it seems to me that most of them just recycle the same thing over
and over again. There's only so much you can do with a guitar.
ALSO....most industrial or electro musicians can actually play keyboards. Trust
me. It's not easy. But that's not the point.
Ah well...you'll understand someday... probably around the same time you
realize that there is no Santa Claus...

Ian
Deadwyre E-Zine
Flesh Field

DSBP c/o Tommy T or cyber_burnt

Sep 25, 1998, 3:00:00 AM9/25/98
Howden Hall (aly...@hotmail.com) wrote:
:
[...]

: >
: >So does being able to play like William Faith of Faith and the Muse

: >(formerly of Wreckage and Christian Death), which happens to be a
: >gothic/darkwave band. I think any moron can fret a powerchord and
: >strum out noise as well. I know a couple of six year olds that do
: >that... and it sounds like every other "speedmeatl" band I've heard.
: >
:
:
: $$>Eh.......Aye ok. Nowt wrong with "speedmetal". Slayer, Napalm Death,
: Carcass are, or at least were, all top notch bands. Both of you are
: ignorant to one another, it is pityfull.
:
:
: >>
[...]

what in the hell?????????why do i find my name in here?? do i play metal
or rock n roll first of all??: i was just reading this stupid silly thread
as well and find my name in here for no apparent reason! i guess YOU think
anything against TECHNO is started by me>> thats real flattering man,maybe
there are loads of others that don't like it either?? did you ever think
that i'm not the only one??..did you even think>> ever>?

--i think whoever posted this was joking anyways,but i think its so funny
to watch little girls scratch and bite each other,it really turns me on.
=-==-=-=-=-=-=-==-=--TOMMY T-=-==-=-=-=-=-=-=-=--=DSBP=--==-==-
BTW- for anyone who is intrested in new music,and not the same old 60-70's
shitt then check out the DSBP catalog
at...dsbp.home.ml.org......innovating the elektro-industrial genre!

NP: CATSCAN 1.0 comp.
Tommy T's Cyberage Radio Show: -------------- http://cyberage.home.ml.org
**Live DSBP Chat on IRC every night 19:00:00 MST (-0700) on DALnet**
/join #dsbp - Meet us and help spread the elektro cyber revolution!
==Transmission Complete. For further digital downloads contact:
DSBP c/o Tommy T or cyber:burnt
landmail: 237 Cagua NE, Albuquerque NM 87108, USA Planet Earth
email: bu...@nmia.com
web: http://dsbp.home.ml.org/
Biopsy: http://dsbp.home.ml.org/BIOPSY/
diverje: http://dsbp.home.ml.org/DIVERJE/
/ ______ _______ ______ _____ ELEKTRO + INDUSTRIAL + CYBER + EBM /
/ | \ |______ |_____] |_____] UNDERGROUND REVOLUTIONARY MUSIC /
/ |_____/ ______| |_____] | Diversity In Electronics /

Wlll 2.10

Sep 25, 1998, 3:00:00 AM9/25/98
> Industrial music is more about composition, that skill. The skill is not in
> playing the instrument, but the actual composition of the music. It takes skill
> to create a sound, skill to program that sound to work with others, and skill
> to be creative, rather than recycling the same old metal guitar riffs over and
> over again.

> I'm sorry, but I have yet to hear a rock tune that can pound like a track off of

> Leæther Strip's
> "Solitary Confinement".

than again, you might not be listening to the right material...alot of the prog.
rock/metal bands are composing amazing material...i'm speaking strictly about the
skeleton of the song, not the guts (actual instrumentation)...i'm perfectly aware
that writing industrial music is another set of talents altogether than those
necessary to write and play "rock" music but to make the broad generalization that
industrial music is so much more complex in its structure than "rock" is kind of
silly...let's compare the complexity levels of Full Frequency and Queensryche, VNV
Nation vs. Dream Theatre or even KMFDM vs. Cradle Of Filth...i know that the
analogies aren't encompasing of the entire spectrum and that there is plenty of
simple rock and metal out there as well as some amazingly complex industrial music
(Download vs. Gwar, FLA vs. Anthrax, etc)...i just don't agree that as a rule,
industrial music is so much more complex than rock/metal...

> Rock musicians may be talented at playing their instruments, and some may be
> creative, but it seems to me that most of them just recycle the same thing over
> and over again. There's only so much you can do with a guitar.

yup...given that limitation however, the above mentioned bands have used complex
musical structures (as well as time, tempo and key changes) to keep things
interesting...have you ever heard a key change (other than the standard "rock" jump
of a third (three tones) that Pitchfork likes using - Carrion for example) in
industrial music?...how about a time change?...i'm not saying rock is superior for
these reasons (not at all)...i'm just saying that there are other forms of
complexity out there that sound be taken into account...key, time and tempo changes
are important in symphonic music as well (i've been playing clarinet for years) and
help it to be diverse and interesting

ALSO....most industrial or electro musicians can actually play keyboards. Trust me.
It's not easy.

i'll agree with you here...but anyone who listens to industrial music knows that
playing the keyboard parts in industrial music doesn't take a prodigy to do...you
won't ever hear a toccata, fugue or concerto in industrial music (not that you do
in rock either but that's irrlevant)...

> Ah well...you'll understand someday... probably around the same time you realize
> that there is no Santa Claus...

there's no tooth fairy either :)
Wlll 2.10

vcard.vcf

FleshField

Sep 25, 1998, 3:00:00 AM9/25/98

[...]

You're probably right. I probably just haven't listened to the right rock
material. And there are some pretty minimal industrial acts. I really think
that Alice in Chains can get pretty complex at times, and I do appreciate that.
It's just that I think you can do much more with just one sampler than you can
with a drum set, a guitar, and a bass.

<<yup...given that limitation however, the above mentioned bands have used
complex
musical structures (as well as time, tempo and key changes) to keep things
interesting...have you ever heard a key change (other than the standard "rock"
jump
of a third (three tones) that Pitchfork likes using - Carrion for example) in
industrial music?...how about a time change?...i'm not saying rock is superior
for
these reasons (not at all)...i'm just saying that there are other forms of
complexity out there that sound be taken into account...key, time and tempo
changes>>

Yeah, I've heard a few bands do that, but I have heard some industrial bands do
it as well. (None that I can name off the top of my head...most industrial
bands like 4/4 timing)

<<i'll agree with you here...but anyone who listens to industrial music knows
that
playing the keyboard parts in industrial music doesn't take a prodigy to
do...you
won't ever hear a toccata, fugue or concerto in industrial music (not that you
do
in rock either but that's irrlevant)...>>

I think that depends on the band. I can be pretty tough to play certain lines.
A lot of them are pretty basic, but there are some bands that do use some
complex synth lines, or twisted basslines. It's not that easy to play a 16th
note bassline live at 150 BPM...

<<there's no tooth fairy either :)>>

SAY IT AIN'T SO!!!!!
hehe

Ian
Deadwyre E-zine
Flesh Field

Sep 25, 1998, 3:00:00 AM9/25/98
Your argument is just as lame and ignorant as his.

A FUCKED UP LAMER wrote in message
<9bs30JA$aXD2...@thrashers.demon.co.uk>...
>In article <A1WscBAx...@urban75.demon.co.uk>, DOODZ
><DOODZ@HOUSE_OF_ROCK.COM> writes
>>ALL YOU NEED IS RICH PARENTS AND THE ABILITY TO SWITCH ON THE
>>EXPENSIVE
>>EQUIPMENT AND DABBLE A FEW KNOBS. OH, AND STEAL AND FEW LOOPS
>>OFF DECENT
>>MUSICIANS LIKE ZEP!!!!!!!
> Yeah, just like your fucking dumb metal fans with their £1500 Marshall
>stacks, £100s of effects, and £1000 guitars!!!! And most of 'em still
can't
>play. And they pinch all their riffs off the old has-beens. You don't need
>to be a great musician to make great choons....anyone who has ever
>listened to the shite which "masters of the guitar" like Yngwie Malmsteen
>and Steve Vai put out would know this can actually be a
>disadvantage....classical training does not necessarily make for
>interesting music!!
> So fuck off back to your old hippie shit, you long haired greasy smelly
>twat, and keep out of alt.music.techno.
> And I just killfiled. heheheh.

Ooohhh, a computer genius. P.S. I just kill filed you to.

>--
>XXXhedgehogXXX
>
>IMPORTANT!!! remove the SMALL "x"'s in the email address to reply

Sep 25, 1998, 3:00:00 AM9/25/98
Don't get this completely wrong I wouldn't read this group if I didn't enjoy
electronic music, It just pisses me off to see "DJ'S SUCK CaUSE THEY ARE
TALENTLESS", and then some dipshit replying, "ROCK IS EZ THEY JUST HAMMER
OUT POWER CHORDS AND DRINK TOO MUCH.". I just kill filtered this thread.

Persi wrote in message <6uhuv7$p7q$1...@holly.prod.itd.earthlink.net>...
>In article <aOTO1.13164$pa3.5...@news.cwix.com>, ro...@skunkape.com
says...

>>Dayv! wrote in message <360BAA49...@misery.com>...

>>computer
>>>
>>> And any loser with a greatest hits of Rush CD and an extensive
>>collection of
>>>Metallica t-shirts can be in a Kiss cover band, rocking out three nights
>>week in
>>>some chicken house. R0CK 0N 4EVER D00DZ!
>>> Pathetic, people, absolutely pathetic.
>>

>>You my friend are pathetic and obviously deprived of something.
>

>Wow! I'm pretty overwhelmed by the large amount of intelligent replies from
the
>'rock' side of the argument.

>>> A statement like that goes hand in hand with calling people "cunts"
and
>>>"tossers" because they create music that you can neither appreciate or
>>understand,
>>>doesn't it? You know where to put it.
>>>

>>Obviously you don't understand their music and insult it and them the
same.
>>You are scum.
>

>Uh, actually 'we' (at least the respones I've read) have stated that we
>appreciate all sorts of music from both the electronic and non-electronic
>music. I myself was a strict 'hesher' in the 80's and still do occasionally
dip
>into my Sabbath, Slayer, Motorhead, Maiden, what-have-you records. These
days,
>when I'm not listening to electronic music, I'm always feasting my ears on
>60's/70's prog/psyche music and all sorts of jazz and funk.

Panurge

Sep 26, 1998, 3:00:00 AM9/26/98
"C" <ro...@skunkape.com> wrote:

> Classical musicians create stunningly complex musical scores based on very
> intricate sets of musical theories and rules which take many many years of
> very rigorous study to acheive.

At which time you should be able to use the knowledge you've gained to
_throw_out_ those theories and rules and make new ones! :-) As someone
pointed out, Mozart and Haydn and Beethoven weren't working from harmony
textbooks; they worked from their ears, heads, and hearts.

"Only two kinds of [composers] can afford to ignore the rules--masters and
ignoramuses." --Arnold Schoenberg

> Whoever said DJ's have harder jobs than Guitarists
> never tried mastering "Mood for a day", "Eruption", "Surfing with the
> Alien", or other songs invinted by various rock guitar demi-gods,

Well, the kinds of rock DJs are likely to be familiar with are those whose
practicioners view virtuosity with suspicion, if not outright contempt--an
outlook which strikes me like "treating dandruff by decapitation," to use

Persi

Sep 26, 1998, 3:00:00 AM9/26/98
In article <360B90CA...@nospam.for.me>, eggy...@nospam.for.me says...

>What, like DJs are creative? I mean any old tosser can play records
>these days, all you need to do is put the little plastic thing in the
>tray and press play. Who the fuck couldn't do that?

That's too laughable to answer.

>JIM DOODZ is right when he sayz that the likes of Lemmy and Ozzy and
>demi-gods compared to you idols of shite like Altern-8, Moby, JM Jarre,
>Pete Tongue.

A) I've been a huge fan of Ozzy and Motorhead for 14 years, now and B) I don't
listen to Moby, Altern-8, Jarre OR Pete Tong (note the spelling).

>When was the last time you saw a crowed whipped up into a
>frenzy of air-guitar, piss-throwing and lighter holding by some anemic
>bunch of cunts like the Aphex Twins, Sash or the Woo Tang Klan?

Actually, that would've been the Judas Priest/Motorhead show I saw earlier this
year. Unfortunately, most of the people sat in their chairs because they were
too old (or too burnt on drugs) to do otherwise. It was pretty sad.

>Music
>is about skill in your instruments and any tosser can program a computer
>to make a few beeps.

Most of the electronic musicians I listened to *are* classically trained
musicians.

Remember, though, the main instrument is the mind, which is limitless in it's
possibilities for creativity.

Persi

Sep 26, 1998, 3:00:00 AM9/26/98
In article <aOTO1.13164$pa3.5...@news.cwix.com>, ro...@skunkape.com says...

>Dayv! wrote in message <360BAA49...@misery.com>...
>>Eggy Bhuna Massala wrote:
>>

>>> Music is about skill in your instruments and any tosser can program a
>computer
>>> to make a few beeps.

Charos

Sep 26, 1998, 3:00:00 AM9/26/98
I never really saw a "rock vs. techno" theme here...it's just that one
person came on stating that rock kicked ass and all techno sucked...I was
simply defending electronic music. Believe me, I like rock as much as the
next guy...but I think all musical styles have a place and none is per-se
"better" than another...well...unless you count The Spice Girls :)

*+_Charos_+*

Charos

Sep 26, 1998, 3:00:00 AM9/26/98
ack,...that came out WAY wrong LOL :) I meant to say "none is per-se WORSE
than another"... :) sorry :)

*+_Charos_+*

DOODZ

Sep 26, 1998, 3:00:00 AM9/26/98
In article <6uht16$itu$8...@holly.prod.itd.earthlink.net>, Persi
<cow...@NOSPAN.earthlink.net> writes

>Most of the electronic musicians I listened to *are* classically trained
>musicians.

YEAH? THEN YOU TELL ME WHICH TECHNO <AHEM> ' MUSICIANS' ARE CLASSICALLY
TRAINED? THE PRODIGY? MY ARSE!!!!

MOST OF THEM JUST FART ABOUT WITH DADDY'S EQUIPMENT WITH A FEW MATES
STRUGGLING TO GET FLUFF OFF THE NEEDLE AND SQUIGGLING THE RECORD AROUND
TO MAKE THAT DAFT NOISE. I DON'T SEE MUCH TRAINING FOR THAT.

ALL YOU NEED IS RICH PARENTS AND THE ABILITY TO SWITCH ON THE EXPENSIVE
EQUIPMENT AND DABBLE A FEW KNOBS. OH, AND STEAL AND FEW LOOPS OFF DECENT
MUSICIANS LIKE ZEP!!!!!!!

OR PUT IT ANOTHER WAY - IF THE SONGS ARE SO FECKING GOOD, LET'S HEAR A
TECHNO ARTIST PERFORM IT ACAPELLO!!!!

JIM DOODZ

--
JIM DOODZ
NEW BAND: 'PAGAN M3TAL FALL0UT' PLAYING 29/10/98

_.·-~^» Suicide4me «^~-·._

Sep 26, 1998, 3:00:00 AM9/26/98
And this is exactly why you type in all caps.
According to you, and what I've been reading so far, I will
say something that you would say.
'People who type in all caps are morons. It's easy to type
in all caps. Any idiot can do it, and it takes no talent.'

People like you should be shot, burned and your remains sold
as crank.

ROBERT ANTONI HEIL

Sep 27, 1998, 3:00:00 AM9/27/98
>ALL YOU NEED IS RICH PARENTS AND THE ABILITY TO SWITCH ON THE
>EXPENSIVE
>EQUIPMENT AND DABBLE A FEW KNOBS. OH, AND STEAL AND FEW LOOPS
>OFF DECENT
>MUSICIANS LIKE ZEP!!!!!!!
Yeah, just like your fucking dumb metal fans with their £1500 Marshall
stacks, £100s of effects, and £1000 guitars!!!! And most of 'em still can't
play. And they pinch all their riffs off the old has-beens. You don't need
to be a great musician to make great choons....anyone who has ever
listened to the shite which "masters of the guitar" like Yngwie Malmsteen
and Steve Vai put out would know this can actually be a
disadvantage....classical training does not necessarily make for
interesting music!!
So fuck off back to your old hippie shit, you long haired greasy smelly
twat, and keep out of alt.music.techno.
And I just killfiled. heheheh.

Persi

Sep 27, 1998, 3:00:00 AM9/27/98
In article <9bs30JA$aXD2...@thrashers.demon.co.uk>,
hedg...@xthrashxers.demon.co.uk says...

> Yeah, just like your fucking dumb metal fans with their £1500 Marshall
>stacks, £100s of effects, and £1000 guitars!!!! And most of 'em still can't
>play. And they pinch all their riffs off the old has-beens. You don't need
>to be a great musician to make great choons....anyone who has ever
>listened to the shite which "masters of the guitar" like Yngwie Malmsteen
>and Steve Vai

I actually like some of Steve Vai's older stuff. His last few solo albums have
been pretty awful, though.

Anyways, it prety obvious how one-sided most of the people who have contributed
to this thread are (from both sides of the argument, I might add). I pretty
much think the key to appreciating all kinds of music is understanding about it
and opening your mind up to new ideas. I'm afraid that will never happen with
alot of people, though. Sad, really.

Persi

Sep 27, 1998, 3:00:00 AM9/27/98
In article <A1WscBAx...@urban75.demon.co.uk>, DOODZ@HOUSE_OF_ROCK.COM
says...

>In article <6uht16$itu$8...@holly.prod.itd.earthlink.net>, Persi
><cow...@NOSPAN.earthlink.net> writes
>>
>>Most of the electronic musicians I listened to *are* classically trained
>>musicians.
>
>YEAH? THEN YOU TELL ME WHICH TECHNO <AHEM> ' MUSICIANS' ARE CLASSICALLY
>TRAINED? THE PRODIGY? MY ARSE!!!!

Amon Tobin, Rabbit In The Moon, Tom Jenkinson, Brothers Hartnoll, Jonah Sharp,
etc. I've seen many a techno show with live drums, bass, guitar, etc.

>OR PUT IT ANOTHER WAY - IF THE SONGS ARE SO FECKING GOOD, LET'S HEAR A
>TECHNO ARTIST PERFORM IT ACAPELLO!!!!

So a song is only good if one is capable of performing it acapello? That's
scary.

I won't even get started on all the 'metal' and 'rock' artists out there
throughout the years who have dabbled in electronics and worked on electronic
music related projects.

BTW, can you please turn your fucking caps lock key off please? It's pretty
Goddamn annoying.

ROBERT ANTONI HEIL

Sep 27, 1998, 3:00:00 AM9/27/98
In article <s4hP1.21$pf6....@news.cwix.com>, C
<ro...@skunkape.com> writes

>Your argument is just as lame and ignorant as his.
>
>A FUCKED UP LAMER wrote in message
><9bs30JA$aXD2...@thrashers.demon.co.uk>...
>>In article <A1WscBAx...@urban75.demon.co.uk>, DOODZ
>><DOODZ@HOUSE_OF_ROCK.COM> writes
>>>ALL YOU NEED IS RICH PARENTS AND THE ABILITY TO SWITCH ON THE
>>>EXPENSIVE
>>>EQUIPMENT AND DABBLE A FEW KNOBS. OH, AND STEAL AND FEW LOOPS
>>>OFF DECENT
>>>MUSICIANS LIKE ZEP!!!!!!!
>> Yeah, just like your fucking dumb metal fans with their £1500 Marshall
>>stacks, £100s of effects, and £1000 guitars!!!! And most of 'em still
>can't
>>play. And they pinch all their riffs off the old has-beens. You don't need
>>to be a great musician to make great choons....anyone who has ever
>>listened to the shite which "masters of the guitar" like Yngwie Malmsteen
>>and Steve Vai put out would know this can actually be a
>>disadvantage....classical training does not necessarily make for
>>interesting music!!
>> So fuck off back to your old hippie shit, you long haired greasy smelly
>>twat, and keep out of alt.music.techno.
>> And I just killfiled. heheheh.
>
>Ooohhh, a computer genius. P.S. I just kill filed you to.
Yeah, I can do that to you too. ha.

Jeremy Tolsma

Sep 27, 1998, 3:00:00 AM9/27/98
>MOST TECHNO IS MADE BY BALDING RICH KIDS WHO JUST BUY SO MANY EFFECTS
>AND KEYBOARDS THAT EVEN A TRAINED CHIMP COULD MAKE AN 'INTERESTING'
>NOISE.

Yeah, but most alternative rock is made by balding rich kids too. They shave
their heads as soon as they start to resemble George Castanza. I say bring
back the long stringy hair attatched to horseshoe-pattern baldness if you
really wanna rock!

lorax

Sep 27, 1998, 3:00:00 AM9/27/98
00000000 wrote:

> god will save you pitiful losers/ if you get down and repent, take off those
> fishnets put down that pasifier, and pick up the helping friendly book/
> stop listening to that infernal devil music made by the computer /
> stop having sex with each other/ stop being sooo gay!
> find your self in god!
And you now what you can do??GO TO HELL. In fact i'll see you there,
because i'm gay and you are a begot. God loves all, yea right, that is
if the world was made in seven days, and humans just fell to earth 4000
years ago as your bible says. Believe in science. How does the bible
explain the greek, romans, eygptions, and the 40000 year old "iceman"
recently found. Your bible is nothing more than a modern cult.

marcus

Sep 28, 1998, 3:00:00 AM9/28/98
On Sat, 26 Sep 1998 09:54:09 +0100, DOODZ<DOODZ@HOUSE_OF_ROCK.COM>
wrote:

>OR PUT IT ANOTHER WAY - IF THE SONGS ARE SO FECKING GOOD, LET'S HEAR A
>TECHNO ARTIST PERFORM IT ACAPELLO!!!!

Test Department?

marcus

DOODZ

Sep 28, 1998, 3:00:00 AM9/28/98
In article <360EE6...@hotmail.com>, lorax <lor...@hotmail.com>
writes

>00000000 wrote:
>> stop having sex with each other/ stop being sooo gay!
>> find your self in god!

>And you now what you can do??GO TO HELL.

DAMN RIGHT!!! IF BEING GAY IS GOOD ENOUGH FOR THE MAINMAN FROM THE
MIGHTY JUDAS PRIEST AND THE GUYS IN METALLICA, THEN IT'S KEWL WITH
ME!!!!

ROCK ON - WHEREVER YOU LIKE TO GET YOUR KIX!!!!

JIM DOODZ
--
JIM DOODZ

NEW BAND: 'PAGAN M3TAL FALL0UT' PLAYING 30/10/98
NORFOLK PARTRIDGE HEAD. WE WILL ROCK YOU. HARD.
TOO HARD FOR SOME!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Rune Kastrup Madsen

Sep 28, 1998, 3:00:00 AM9/28/98

So, once more the children fight. In the process they are spreading there
meaningless filth over several newssgroups. Therefore I ask myself this question:
'Why is it that this moronic discussion, which will never be resolved, is posted
on alt.gothic?' As I perceive it, we do not have any part of this argument. If any
of us are inclined to listen to techno or rock, wouldn't we be on those newsgroups
as well?

Please take your petty bickering elsewhere.

Yours Truly

Rune

PS: In my CD collection I have, amongst others: Zed, Ozzy, Prodigy, Satyricon,
Hardsequencer, Storm, Chemical Brothers, Leæther Strip, Kraftwerk.
So please stop insulting my music (Techno or Rock, the choise is yours)

-=When the going gets wierd=-
-= The Wierd go pro =-

xtmprs...@erols.com

Sep 28, 1998, 3:00:00 AM9/28/98
lorax wrote:

> 00000000 wrote:
> >
> > god will save you pitiful losers/ if you get down and repent, take off those
> > fishnets put down that pasifier, and pick up the helping friendly book/
> > stop listening to that infernal devil music made by the computer /
> > stop having sex with each other/ stop being sooo gay!
> > find your self in god!
> And you now what you can do??GO TO HELL. In fact i'll see you there,
> because i'm gay and you are a begot. God loves all, yea right, that is
> if the world was made in seven days, and humans just fell to earth 4000
> years ago as your bible says. Believe in science. How does the bible
> explain the greek, romans, eygptions, and the 40000 year old "iceman"
> recently found. Your bible is nothing more than a modern cult.

UM, Lorax?

The bible says the the world was created six thousand years ago, not
four. The Greeks, Romans, and Egyptians existed less than five thousand
years ago. If you're talking about the iceman found in the alps, he
died about four thousand years ago, not fourty.

When the fundamentalists start up, they display their hatred, ignorance
and bad spelling for everyone to see. You're doing them a favor if you
make yourself look the same(begot is spelled bigot).

I'm guessing you live in the U.K. maybe you don't know the details about
gay rights vs. fudamentalists in the States (where I live.)

For years the fundys have been running hate campaigns against gays(the
only kind of campaign they know how to run). They raised a lot of money,
made a lot of noise, and passed a lot of laws. In spite of their success
in exciting lynch mobs they keep losing support in opinion polls,
so much so that they have to disguise themselves with fake PLUR.
Even that isn't working very well.

Nobody can hurt you with e-mail. There is no risk to you if you
respond to these people with real PLUR.(it's not the same in the
real world, I know, but that's another story).
Be better than them.

Scott Page

Sep 28, 1998, 3:00:00 AM9/28/98
In article <360FC2...@erols.com>, xtmprs...@erols.com
writes

>The bible says the the world was created six thousand years ago, not
>four. The Greeks, Romans, and Egyptians existed less than five thousand
>years ago. If you're talking about the iceman found in the alps, he
>died about four thousand years ago, not fourty.
Absolute bollocks...
Would you like to explain the Mesopotamian cultures - large
settlements and citys (circa 6000 BC), Natufian culture as found
near/around Mount Carmel (circa 10,800 - 8500 BC), Babylonian
culture (which lays outside to quoted biblical text)..
Oh shit i nearly forgot, man-made tools from around 4-5 million
years ago have also been discovered...

>When the fundamentalists start up, they display their hatred, ignorance
>and bad spelling for everyone to see. You're doing them a favor if you
>make yourself look the same(begot is spelled bigot).

When the Christian faith (and others) start up, they just tend to
conveniently brush aside historical fact, and start quoting (or mis-
quoting if ya like) the Good Book ad nauseam...
Agood example :-
Scientist - "Urm sorry Christian faith, we've just proved via
carbon-dating that the "Holy" Shroud of Turin is a crude
photographic fake and was made in the 14th century."
Bunch of tunnel visioned Christians - "Well we still believe that it
IS the burial cloth of Christ and the results of you testing are in
fact a test of OUR faith and/or a conspiracy to undermine our faith
blah blah blah....

BTW I think that picking up on someones lack of spelling skills is
alittle on the cheap side, nearly as bad as quoting a load of shite :)

Later.....

Scott Page - d...@lingards1.demon.co.uk
Tune of the week : BT - "Godspeed"

"Prayer. Last refuge of a scoundrel."
Lisa Simpson

ROBERT ANTONI HEIL

Sep 28, 1998, 3:00:00 AM9/28/98
In article <6uep01$q...@bgtnsc03.worldnet.att.net>, Howden Hall <aly-
p...@hotmail.com> writes

>Grendel wrote in message <360AB0F7...@kansas.net>...

>$$>P.s. "You suffer, but why?" - The Electro Hippies.
Wasn't that in fact the 1 second Napalm Death track on the 1st LP?

dj_...@hotmail.com

Sep 28, 1998, 3:00:00 AM9/28/98
In article <VvJazGAE...@lingards1.demon.co.uk>,
Scott Page <d...@home.inbed.asleep> wrote:

> When the Christian faith (and others) start up, they just tend to
> conveniently brush aside historical fact, and start quoting (or mis-
> quoting if ya like) the Good Book ad nauseam...

But Scott, come on you must agree with me here, that IF a God existed who was
omnipotent etc. then it would be totally possible for that God to have made
all this evidance as well as the world. Why? Don't ask me that, probably to
'test peoples faith' - I mean anyone who believes does have the ultimate
loophole clause of not being able to understand an infinately wiser and all
knowing God who 'moves in mysterious ways'.

DG (agnostically sitting on the fence as always)

Any theoretical proof of the existance of an omnipotent God, is also a proof
of the possiblity of that God not actually existing.

Neuronaut

Sep 28, 1998, 3:00:00 AM9/28/98
why do you people take this shit so seriously....

Dayv!

Sep 29, 1998, 3:00:00 AM9/29/98
dj_...@hotmail.com wrote:

> Any theoretical proof of the existance of an omnipotent God, is also a proof
> of the possiblity of that God not actually existing.

And any theoretical proof of an omnipotent god is also proof that that same
god could not be omnibenevolent.

--
-Dayv!

"When the rabbit of chaos
is pursued by the ferret of disorder
through the fields of anarchy,
it is time to hang your pants
on the hook of darkness,
whether they are clean or not... bitch."

Rune Kastrup Madsen

Sep 29, 1998, 3:00:00 AM9/29/98
Subject:
Musical Taste
Date:
Tue, 29 Sep 1998 15:51:10 +0200
From:
Rune Kastrup Madsen <rkm...@sprog.auc.dk>
To:
DSBP c/o Tommy T or cyber_burnt <bu...@nmia.com>

DSBP c/o Tommy T or cyber_burnt wrote:

> On Mon, 28 Sep 1998, Rune Kastrup Madsen wrote:
>
> hello,> >

> > So, once more the children fight. In the process they are spreading there
> > meaningless filth over several newssgroups. Therefore I ask myself this question:
> > 'Why is it that this moronic discussion, which will never be resolved, is posted
> > on alt.gothic?' As I perceive it, we do not have any part of this argument. If any

> > of us are inclined to listen to techno or rock, wouldn't we be on those newsgroups

> > as well?
> >
> i didn't start the stupid ass argument,so don't blame me for the morons
> involved.whoever started the thread sent it to everyone..so i'm sorry you
> had to witness arguing!! what are you afraid of different opinions?? who
> cares what someone else likes?? damn,people are so worried about "crowd
> acceptance"!! people will argue and the ones that argue against me are
> wrong!! cause my label is introducing the world to so many good,new and
> worthy artists ,while the majority of sappy people stick with the same
> "safe" music they been listening to for years...they are the true
> MORONS!! the people who still wanker on about classic rock,popular mtv
> bands and all the other cheeze..i have thousands of cd's and none of them
> are commercial shit,like i see all the weak people worshipping,,those
> are the morons!!
> the people who are needing to kill the new music because they know nothing
> about it and are stubborn losers!
> so theres my defense.ha!

> > Please take your petty bickering elsewhere.
> >
> > Yours Truly
> >
> > Rune
> >
> > PS: In my CD collection I have, amongst others: Zed, Ozzy, Prodigy, Satyricon,
> > Hardsequencer, Storm, Chemical Brothers, Leæther Strip, Kraftwerk.
> > So please stop insulting my music (Techno or Rock, the choise is yours)
> >

> > yeah,well LEATHER STRIP and KRAFTWERK are the only ones worht a shit,and
> not the same old shit~~!! al that other MTV and classic rock crap is all
> done with,over.time to move on.

Dearest Mr T.

I can on some points agree with your argumentation, namely the worry about crowd
acceptance. No, I am not afraid of a difference in opinions, but when I can see that
an
argument gets nowhere, and people just fills up a news group with a lot of trash there

shouldn't have been on that group in the first place, I get annoyed.
The trend in this discussion, as I saw it, was that the same people wrote in several
times with the same drivel. This is unproductive and will by no means get any of the
participants to reach an accomodativ state of mind with regards to the subject. Thusly

there will be no change, and the discussion can continue in perpetuality. That is
rather
annoying, when the argument doesn't even belong in the newsgroup it is posted in (I
read
it in alt.gothic).

My personal opinion on the matter, which I might as well give you, now that I am
writing
you, is that we should be less judgemental. It seems to me that you revel in beeing
'different' and 'alternative', while scorning all that is mainstream. I can see where
you are coming from, while I myself once had that pow. I myself did once sneer at
music
that wasn't from an independent label, but I have recently come to the realization
that
something mainstream is not similar to something beeing bad. In my opinion you still
have to be very selective. It is not as if I by CD's just because they are featured on

the charts, far from it. I still dislike most of the chart music. But occationally
there
are some inovative bands that manage to get signed on big lables, and they are not to
be
scorned for that. I feel, that that is a positive thing, and that they, more than the
independents, have a chance to break the tedium that is 'pop' music of today. Goth is
not a pop-culture, it is more like an unpopular-culture, but I am still a Goth, and
even
though our image is the sulky, pretentious tart, full of his/her own weltsmerts and
him-/herself, I don't think that that applies broadly. i myself tries to be as
openminded as possible, if I weren't I would be no better than the people who condem
me
because of the way I am dressed, and the music I listen to. I feel that it is
important
for us to rise above the pettyness that is mainstream.

I hope you can use my ranting opinion, and I am glad that you took the time to answer
my
complaint.

With Sincere Regards

Rune : Probably the most depressed racoon in the world

PS: I think you are doing a wonderfull job, by running a lable.

PPS: There is no need to be so hostile, It only everybody else who are out to get you,

not me.

dj_...@hotmail.com

Sep 29, 1998, 3:00:00 AM9/29/98
In article <3610CB87...@misery.com>,

"Dayv!" <kil...@misery.com> wrote:
> dj_...@hotmail.com wrote:
>
> > Any theoretical proof of the existance of an omnipotent God, is also a proof
> > of the possiblity of that God not actually existing.
>
> And any theoretical proof of an omnipotent god is also proof that that
> same god could not be omnibenevolent.

I can't remember, did anyone ever actually claim that God was omnibenevolent?

DG

MichaeL

Sep 29, 1998, 3:00:00 AM9/29/98
On Thu, 24 Sep 1998 01:45:50 -0400, "00000000" <spam...@webspan.net>
a écrit:

>god will save you pitiful losers/ if you get down and repent, take off those
>fishnets put down that pasifier, and pick up the helping friendly book/
>stop listening to that infernal devil music made by the computer /
>stop having sex with each other/ stop being sooo gay!
>find your self in god!

" your god is dead and no one cares
if there is a hell i will see you there"
NIN

Fron...@Mygale.org
HTTP://www.mygale.org/06/front777/
Icq 18001037 (De 22h01 Ä… ...)

MODd

Sep 30, 1998, 3:00:00 AM9/30/98
OK - The fact remains that while music like techno is future-looking and
progressive (ooooh. code-word!!) Rock is regressive and old - there may be
talent there, but in the same vain, Beethoven had talent too, but we don't
beat Romantic (classical) music to death with people emulating original
"long-hairs" and claiming their newly emulated classical music shite is valid
because it sounds like Ludwig. Let the past be! Nothing new has come from
rock'n'roll since New Wave (and even that was electronically enhanced, most of
the time) All new rock is regressive!

DSBP c/o Tommy T or cyber_burnt wrote:

> Howden Hall (aly...@hotmail.com) wrote:
> :
> : Grendel wrote in message <360AB0F7...@kansas.net>...
ANY IDIOT CAN PRESS 'ARPEGGIO' ON A SYNTH AND SHOVE A USELESS TIN CAN DRUM
> : >> BEAT ON TOP, BUT TO LEARN HOW TO PLAY GUITAR AND EXPLORE THE NUANCES
> :

Isn't it funny, though, how many metal-headz (aaaar... rock on, dude!) types
will refuse to accept that anything but a guitar plugged into screaming
effects has any nuances. The nuances of a finely shaped LFO modulating can be
just as interesting...

> : Listening is the key word. All YOU *hear*
> : is the "tin can drum beat" if you were to smoke a few spliffs,
> : sit down, and
> : actually listen, the nuances will come through no problem.

On that note - to have to use spliffs to understand the nuances makes the
music redundant. To hear the nuances of music on a clean mind- that's the key
to good music!
Every Deadhead in the world claims that (that decrepid old bag of rotten
bones) band sounds good "if you'd listen to it high, maaaaan!" What's the
point in that, then? If you drop enough acid, a radiator hissing will sound
like an angelic choir!!!!

That's my peace, lads!

xtmprs...@erols.com

Sep 30, 1998, 3:00:00 AM9/30/98
Neuronaut wrote:

> why do you people take this shit so seriously....

Because the people that post these things take it so seriously.
They would shut down the whole rave culture and jail everyone involved
if they had enough power. They don't, so they do what damage they can.
The more they are weakened, the better off the rest of us are.

Rev. Timothy N Nurse

Sep 30, 1998, 3:00:00 AM9/30/98
Command: post to uk.misc

| Neuronaut wrote:
| >
| > why do you people take this shit so seriously....
| >
| Because the people that post these things take it so seriously.
| They would shut down the whole rave culture and jail everyone involved
| if they had enough power.

Quite right too. Why can't young people be like they were in my day, holding
doors open for the elderly, doing Bob A Job for the Scouts, joining youth
clubs or the terratorial army, help keep the countryside clean in organised
rambles, take up train spotting or model making. Instead, all they do is
listen to silly cult music take drugs, and steal to pay for their drug habit.
I blame the music for brainwashing them. In my day we never locked our doors,
now because of all this raving music that's asking to be burgled to pay for
their habit. It's not even as if the music is any good - its just repetative
beeps and noises with no tunes - not like Perry Como or some of the *real*
musicians like Roger Whittiker, Errol Gardiner and Count Basie. Even those
awful Beetels were better than this raving music. It's an absolute disgrace!!!

Thanks for listening to me. May your God go with you.

--
CamARAB
http://members.xoom.com/The_Minister/index.htm

DSBP c/o Tommy T or cyber_burnt

Sep 30, 1998, 3:00:00 AM9/30/98
Rune Kastrup Madsen (rkm...@sprog.auc.dk) wrote:

first of all,RUNe,i like how you take personal mail to the forum!! after
you wanted this argument to "stop" supposedly,kinda hypocritical,but ,shit
who cares RMI is the epitome of hypocrites.. : >
:
: Dearest Mr T.
:
[...]

IF PEOPLE LIKE ME DON'T DEFEND and promote the elektro-industrial music of
the present and future,then it would be dead aleady,cause most people
could give a flying fuck about finding and trying new elektro bands,they
are all caught up in the commercial cheeze and rock n roll like you are
obviously,thats why you wanted to argue with me..don't even try...i am on
the warpath..cause my label is in jeopardy of going under cause of all the
assholes in this pathetic world not supporting the DSBP and all our killer
releases and distro bands.....try doing something unique like we are,then
tell me about what i should and shouldn't do,and i'll still say you are
wrong!!

[...]

oh yeah!! waht "mainstream " bands are ACTUALLY GOOD?? i'd lobe to hear
that one....keep supporting the corporate rich powers that be,and then
complain why you are making minimum wage at Mikki dees.

: the charts, far from it. I still dislike most of the chart music. But occ=
: ationally
: there
: are some inovative bands that manage to get signed on big lables, and the=
: y are not to
: be
: scorned for that. I feel, that that is a positive thing, and that they, m=
: ore than the
: independents, have a chance to break the tedium that is 'pop' music of to=
: day. Goth is
: not a pop-culture, it is more like an unpopular-culture, but I am still a=
: Goth, and
: even
: though our image is the sulky, pretentious tart, full of his/her own welt=
: smerts and

yeah,thats true about the goth image.

: him-/herself, I don't think that that applies broadly. i myself tries to =
: be as
: openminded as possible, if I weren't I would be no better than the people=
: who condem
: me
: because of the way I am dressed, and the music I listen to. I feel that i=
: t is

: important
: for us to rise above the pettyness that is mainstream.

:
yeah!! well read all my words then,and you will see that is what we are
trying to do at DSBP!! but we can't progress cause of everyone to in love
with their idols and same old bands....look around ,read around,its not
just me that sees this...i'm just the one wanting to expose it and try to
change the music world..pretty rough job for one guy running a label...
i like a challenge, this one is the biggest for anyone to try,so give your
insight to someone with a smaller mind...cause you aint gonna get any
aggreeing out me....your comments are so typical of what most "i like
everything,but i don't know anything other than commercial and mainstream
bands" is so typical of most people who think they are "diverse" yet they
are just products of a commercialized trendy society.

: I hope you can use my ranting opinion, and I am glad that you took the ti=
: me to answer

: my
: complaint.
:
: With Sincere Regards
:
: Rune : Probably the most depressed racoon in the world
:
:
: PS: I think you are doing a wonderfull job, by running a lable.

:

yeah,well no one buys our stuff,casue they are all stuck in idol worship
and bigger mainstream bands and all that other flub people here try to
pass off as "good music"!

: PPS: There is no need to be so hostile, It only everybody else who are ou=
: t to get you,

: not me.
:
yeah right.....i am hostile ,cause everyone is towards me,and no one is
responding to all the great music me and all these bands are putting out
for you all,no one cares,it makes it kinda hard to hold it in,when you
are going broke and losing the only thing you care about.in my case
-DSBP..and elektro-industrial music......: :

--more and more i wonder who actually does like the music i am
distributing..i realize its a very small number,and this is very
sad.....the end is coming.
=-=-==-=--===-=-=-=-=-TOMMY T-==--==-=-=--=-==-DSBP

Tommy T's Cyberage Radio Show: -------------- http://cyberage.home.ml.org
**Live DSBP Chat on IRC every night 19:00:00 MST (-0700) on DALnet**
/join #dsbp - Meet us and help spread the elektro cyber revolution!
==Transmission Complete. For further digital downloads contact:
DSBP c/o Tommy T or cyber:burnt
landmail: 237 Cagua NE, Albuquerque NM 87108, USA Planet Earth
email: bu...@nmia.com
web: http://dsbp.home.ml.org/
Biopsy: http://dsbp.home.ml.org/BIOPSY/
diverje: http://dsbp.home.ml.org/DIVERJE/
/ ______ _______ ______ _____ ELEKTRO + INDUSTRIAL + CYBER + EBM /
/ | \ |______ |_____] |_____] UNDERGROUND REVOLUTIONARY MUSIC /
/ |_____/ ______| |_____] | Diversity In Electronics /

xtmprs...@erols.com

Sep 30, 1998, 3:00:00 AM9/30/98
vinylfreak wrote:

> think your dates are a tad wrong.

Who's dates, Lorax's or mine?
I consulted with someone with a master's degree in history.
he says:
The egyptian empire was unified 5,200 years ago.
Greek speaking people moved into greece 4,000 years ago.
Rome(not neccesarily the roman empire) started 3,000 years ago.
All these dates fit into the fundamentalists 6,000 year age of the
earth.

> most people are well aware in the uk of the fundamentalists.
> we have a few but they are lumped in with all the other nuts.

In the US they control entire states.
They sell access to congressmen for $$$. They even had a menu printed.

> they would so dearly love to access our television channels.
> we don`t allow them on air.they tried a sattelite channel and failed.

In the US they own tv networks and have many satellite channels.

> we still hate nazis in the uk with a passion.
> this guys a prat who is so sad he needs to try and be controversial.
> pity him! he`s nothing else to do.

Since he has nothing else to do, he can devote his whole life to making
other people miserable.

> you usually find most anti gay christians are ones who couldn`t get a
> date.instead of being lonely they prefer the company of bitter souls.

God help us if all these bitter souls combined forces so they could
make lots of other people miserable. Wait. In the US, they have
combined
forces, and they do make lots of people miserable. God help us!
And they can get dates. They try to stop Lorax from getting a date.

> unwanted in heaven too,i hear!!!!!!!

Other posters seem to have misunderstood what I said to lorax too. I'll
try again.

The fundys produce a continuous stream of factual errors to prove their
bible is true. They send hate mail that says:
Hobosexuals want to pray on our children. The bible clearly tells us
that Jesus preferred straight men. The book of leviticals in the bible
condemns homosexuals. When they all go to hell it will be a better
place.(this is from actual hate mail)

If you want to discredit them, don't make obvious factual errors like
Lorax did. Let the fundies have a monopoly on that business.
Some fundys in my area won't talk in my presence because they know I
will explain the long list of mistakes in their spiel when they're done.
They will fume and stew and glare at me, but they refuse to talk.
Be calm, be correct, and be plurry.
Make yourself look better than them, especially in front of a crowd.

> In article <360FC2...@erols.com>, xtmprs...@erols.com writes

> >lorax wrote:

> >> And you now what you can do??GO TO HELL. In fact i'll see you there,
> >> because i'm gay and you are a begot. God loves all, yea right, that is
> >> if the world was made in seven days, and humans just fell to earth 4000
> >> years ago as your bible says. Believe in science. How does the bible
> >> explain the greek, romans, eygptions, and the 40000 year old "iceman"
> >> recently found. Your bible is nothing more than a modern cult.
> >

> >UM, Lorax?

> >The bible says the the world was created six thousand years ago, not
> >four. The Greeks, Romans, and Egyptians existed less than five thousand
> >years ago. If you're talking about the iceman found in the alps, he
> >died about four thousand years ago, not fourty.
> >

> >When the fundamentalists start up, they display their hatred, ignorance
> >and bad spelling for everyone to see. You're doing them a favor if you
> >make yourself look the same(begot is spelled bigot).
> >

> >I'm guessing you live in the U.K. maybe you don't know the details about
> >gay rights vs. fudamentalists in the States (where I live.)
> >
> >For years the fundys have been running hate campaigns against gays(the
> >only kind of campaign they know how to run). They raised a lot of money,
> >made a lot of noise, and passed a lot of laws. In spite of their success
> >in exciting lynch mobs they keep losing support in opinion polls,
> >so much so that they have to disguise themselves with fake PLUR.
> >Even that isn't working very well.
> >
> >Nobody can hurt you with e-mail. There is no risk to you if you
> >respond to these people with real PLUR.(it's not the same in the
> >real world, I know, but that's another story).
> >Be better than them.
>

> --
> vinylfreak

MCV Fenderson

Sep 30, 1998, 3:00:00 AM9/30/98
: "Dayv!" <kil...@misery.com> wrote:

: > And any theoretical proof of an omnipotent god is also proof that that

: > same god could not be omnibenevolent.

: I can't remember, did anyone ever actually claim that God was omnibenevolent?

It depends on what you call omnibenevolent. If God gives people a free
will, he gives them the possibility to make bad decisions, and that's
exactly what we do and what we're paying the price for. Still, it's
more benevolent than making us mindless robots who do what God wants
because we have no other choice.

ttfn,
mcv. <><

DSBP c/o Tommy T or cyber_burnt

Sep 30, 1998, 3:00:00 AM9/30/98
MODd (modern...@earthlink.net) wrote:
: OK - The fact remains that while music like techno is future-looking and

: progressive (ooooh. code-word!!) Rock is regressive and old - there may be
: talent there, but in the same vain, Beethoven had talent too, but we don't
: beat Romantic (classical) music to death with people emulating original
: "long-hairs" and claiming their newly emulated classical music shite is valid
: because it sounds like Ludwig. Let the past be! Nothing new has come from
: rock'n'roll since New Wave (and even that was electronically enhanced, most of
: the time) All new rock is regressive!
:
: DSBP c/o Tommy T or cyber_burnt wrote:
: >
: > Howden Hall (aly...@hotmail.com) wrote:
: > :
[...]

YEAH!! you yell it at the obliterated!!
--BRAVO!!! i wish more people could think....thanks man,
====-=-=-==-=-=-=-=-TOMMY T-==-=-=-=-=-=-=--=DSBP
NP:RISEN comp.

Matt Jackson

Sep 30, 1998, 3:00:00 AM9/30/98
No he won't, maybe Santa Clause will... or even the tooth fairy/ Actually I like
wearing fishnets, I've got the legs for it, that book is not really that helpful
as it is a complete hotch-potch and what about "saint" Paul condemning you to
hell for finding anything enjoyable/ That music is not made by computers, it is
made WITH computers by HUMANS - no devils, demons, goblins, trolls, orcs
etc./Actually I'm not gay and have no problem with people who are - perhaps you
might be yourself if you find it so worrying/Find yourself in yourself and how
you relate to others, because only YOU are you!

dsmart666

Sep 30, 1998, 3:00:00 AM9/30/98
Go fuck yourself dipshit.

DSBP c/o Tommy T or cyber_burnt wrote in message
<6utst0$g...@hume.nmia.com>...

Scott Donnelly

Sep 30, 1998, 3:00:00 AM9/30/98
In article <nsFBpzAb...@thrashers.demon.co.uk>, ROBERT ANTONI HEIL
<hedg...@xthrashxers.demon.co.uk> writes

Music is not about skill, music is listened to to convey emotions. Good
music makes the listener FEEL the way the music intended.
--
Scott Donnelly

Unyong Paigonna

Sep 30, 1998, 3:00:00 AM9/30/98

DSBP c/o Tommy T or cyber_burnt wrote:

> Tommy T of Cyberage radio in Albuquerque New Mexico.......I hear you from tapes
> friends have sent me in Houston....

Unyong Paigonna

Sep 30, 1998, 3:00:00 AM9/30/98

DSBP c/o Tommy T or cyber_burnt wrote:

> obviously,thats why you wanted to argue with me..don't even try...i am on
> the warpath..cause my label is in jeopardy of going under cause of all the
> assholes in this pathetic world not supporting the DSBP and all our killer
> releases and distro bands.....try doing something unique like we are,then
> tell me about what i should and shouldn't do,and i'll still say you are
> wrong!!
>

> :oh yeah!! waht "mainstream " bands are ACTUALLY GOOD?? i'd lobe to hear

> that one....keep supporting the corporate rich powers that be,and then
> complain why you are making minimum wage at Mikki dees.

This is Tommy T's impression of an English accent, he calls this personality,
JIMMY!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! THE ENGLISH DUDE THAT GOES TO ENGLAND AND HAS HIS
HEART RIPPED OUT BY AN ENGLISH GIRL!!!!!!! its hilarious to listen to live
from the radio.... Twitch425 of Goth

tOrchie

Sep 30, 1998, 3:00:00 AM9/30/98

Rev. Timothy N Nurse wrote:

> Quite right too. Why can't young people be like they were in my day, holding
> doors open for the elderly, doing Bob A Job for the Scouts, joining youth
> clubs or the terratorial army, help keep the countryside clean in organised
> rambles, take up train spotting or model making. Instead, all they do is
> listen to silly cult music take drugs, and steal to pay for their drug habit.
> I blame the music for brainwashing them. In my day we never locked our doors,
> now because of all this raving music that's asking to be burgled to pay for
> their habit. It's not even as if the music is any good - its just repetative
> beeps and noises with no tunes - not like Perry Como or some of the *real*
> musicians like Roger Whittiker, Errol Gardiner and Count Basie. Even those
> awful Beetels were better than this raving music. It's an absolute disgrace!!!
>
> Thanks for listening to me. May your God go with you.

ROTFL

Man, the sarcastic wit you displayed in that message was quite powerful.
You truly shredded the type of mindset that has such silly thought
processes. I mean, the idea that music is responsible for malevolent
behaviour is just outrageous! Wait, you weren't SERIOUS... were you?

p i n g o

Sep 30, 1998, 3:00:00 AM9/30/98
On 27 Sep 98 18:56:26 GMT, sp...@spam.net (Jeremy Tolsma) wrote:

>In article <HXsN0HAd...@urban75.demon.co.uk>, DOODZ@HOUSE_OF_ROCK.COM
>says...
>>

>>MOST TECHNO IS MADE BY BALDING RICH KIDS WHO JUST BUY SO MANY EFFECTS
>>AND KEYBOARDS THAT EVEN A TRAINED CHIMP COULD MAKE AN 'INTERESTING'
>>NOISE.
>>

>Yeah, but most alternative rock is made by balding rich kids too. They shave
>their heads as soon as they start to resemble George Castanza. I say bring
>back the long stringy hair attatched to horseshoe-pattern baldness if you
>really wanna rock!

oh yeah! check out that guy from AQUA, he's bald too!
and the other one has wierd spiked hair...

Scott Page

Oct 1, 1998, 3:00:00 AM10/1/98
In article <6uoto4$6h0$1...@nnrp1.dejanews.com>,
dj_...@hotmail.com writes

>But Scott, come on you must agree with me here, that IF a God existed who
>was
>omnipotent etc. then it would be totally possible for that God to have made
>all this evidance as well as the world. Why? Don't ask me that, probably to
>'test peoples faith' - I mean anyone who believes does have the ultimate
>loophole clause of not being able to understand an infinately wiser and all
>knowing God who 'moves in mysterious ways'.
Sorry mate but i'm quiet de-sensitized to the babblings of the
various religious sections of this planet of ours...
It's a common theory that most (if not all religions) are founded on
mans ignorance and insecurities, starting from one of the earliest
forms of worship - the worshiping of the Sun/Moon, the point being
that they simply didn't understand what they were, how they moved
across the skys, provided warmth etc etc...
The point about God making all the evidence is starting to pull
alittle thin now as with every step that the scientific world takes
forward to give of another little piece of the jigsaw of life, the
Religious community will come out shouting "test of faith, test of
faith!!!".. How far can this go on???
I'll tell you what, how about a test of unfaith??? Somebody throw
something at me that will make me stop and think "wow, God just
might exist"
I class myself as a Humanist, i think that all the answers and
direction that a person needs can be found inside yourself, and that
can be used to help others...
All the wealth of the various religions could wipe out the majority
of poverty and starvation in the world...
There is alot of bad shit going on in the world today, and alot of it
boils down to mans lack of "humanity" for want of a better word,
mothers having to hold their children as they die of starvation,
children being draged into woods and shot through the head,
terrorists killing thousands of innocient people...Just read the paper
there are plenty of examples out there.. Where was your God then?
All this is happening at the same time as Rev Lovejoy will be out
there preaching to 30.000 people in a stadium shouting "I'm gonna
make the cripple boy walk"etc etc or "the Lord needs your dollars"!!
Hehehehe ya look at the people in the stadium and the look of belief
on their faces is "unbelievable"
BTW i'm not saying that all followers of any Faith are just
spineless, tunnel visioned sheep... Just a few
Later.....

Scott Page - d...@lingards1.demon.co.uk
Tune of the week : Universal Nation - "Real Anthem"

Scott Page

Oct 1, 1998, 3:00:00 AM10/1/98
In article <3613045C...@flash.net>, tOrchie
<tor...@flash.net> writes
>not like Perry Como
Had a taste for "young" females..

>or some of the *real*
>> musicians like Roger Whittiker,

Woman beater..

> Errol Gardiner
Closset homosexual..

> and Count Basie.
Various addictions..

Hmmmm, good set of role models there methinks..

RUBz

Oct 1, 1998, 3:00:00 AM10/1/98
tOrchie (tor...@flash.net) wrote:

: ROTFL

: Man, the sarcastic wit you displayed in that message was quite powerful.
: You truly shredded the type of mindset that has such silly thought
: processes. I mean, the idea that music is responsible for malevolent
: behaviour is just outrageous! Wait, you weren't SERIOUS... were you?

That's what I thought too...I looked up his page, and it is
non-descript. I REALLY hope he's not serious. You never know, though. ;)

--
>--.____,--._/ `----._/ `---.__,-' `--.__,----._/ `~--._/ `._,|_
\ |
\ Reuben Firmin (aka Rubz) : r...@csd.abdn.ac.uk |
/ __ _ __ __ __ |
>--._/__,--._/ `----._/ `---.__,-' `--.__,----._/ `~--._/ `._,|

(c--._ (c--._ (c--._ (c--._ (c--._ (c--._ (c--._ |
(_ ),' (_ ),' (_ ),' (_ ),' (_ ),' (_ ),' (_ ),'|
|,--.,-. |,-.\ |,--.,-. |,-.\ |,--.,-. |,-.\ |,--.,L.
|'-----' || / ),-, |'-----' || / ),-, |'-----' || / ),-, |'-----'
'.--.' `(_)'__/ '.--.' `(_)'__/ '.--.' `(_)'__/ '.--.'
|\ \_ | | |\ \_ | | |\ \_ | | |\ \_
(_`.__) (___) (_`.__) (___) (_`.__) (___) (_`.__)

xtmprs...@erols.com

Oct 1, 1998, 3:00:00 AM10/1/98
Rev. Timothy N Nurse wrote:

> Command: post to uk.misc
>
> In article <361268...@erols.com>, xtmprs...@erols.com wrote:
>
> | Neuronaut wrote:
> | >
> | > why do you people take this shit so seriously....
> | >
> | Because the people that post these things take it so seriously.
> | They would shut down the whole rave culture and jail everyone involved
> | if they had enough power.
>
> Quite right too. Why can't young people be like they were in my day, holding
> doors open for the elderly, doing Bob A Job for the Scouts, joining youth
> clubs or the terratorial army, help keep the countryside clean in organised
> rambles, take up train spotting or model making. Instead, all they do is
> listen to silly cult music take drugs, and steal to pay for their drug habit.
> I blame the music for brainwashing them. In my day we never locked our doors,
> now because of all this raving music that's asking to be burgled to pay for
> their habit. It's not even as if the music is any good - its just repetative
> beeps and noises with no tunes - not like Perry Como or some of the *real*
> musicians like Roger Whittiker, Errol Gardiner and Count Basie. Even those
> awful Beetels were better than this raving music. It's an absolute disgrace!!!
>
> Thanks for listening to me. May your God go with you.
>
> --
> CamARAB
> http://members.xoom.com/The_Minister/index.htm

Jazz was started by scummy lowlife people in scummy lowlife dives
in the scummy lowlife part of town(in the opinion of the respectable
people of that time). If the Jazz culture was eliminated the way it
should have been, where would you and Count Basie be?
Leave the scummy lowlife(in your respectable opinion) ravers alone.
You never know where the next Count Basie will appear.

I don't like Perry Como's music. I think you should be arrested for
listening to it.

Rune Kastrup Madsen

Oct 1, 1998, 3:00:00 AM10/1/98
Dear Mr dsmart666, how very eloquent.

dsmart666 wrote:

> Go fuck yourself dipshit.
>
> DSBP c/o Tommy T or cyber_burnt wrote in message
> <6utst0$g...@hume.nmia.com>...

Rune Kastrup Madsen

Oct 1, 1998, 3:00:00 AM10/1/98
> oh yeah!! waht "mainstream " bands are ACTUALLY GOOD?? i'd lobe to hear
> that one....keep supporting the corporate rich powers that be,and then
> complain why you are making minimum wage at Mikki dees.

Me ... Working at Mikki Dees ... My God, that is news to me. Last i checked I
was scrounging by, and being as close to not surviving as you possibly can be
without being it, as a student.

Rune

dj_...@hotmail.com

Oct 1, 1998, 3:00:00 AM10/1/98
In article <UCcKoHAO...@lingards1.demon.co.uk>,

Scott Page <d...@home.inbed.asleep> wrote:
> It's a common theory that most (if not all religions) are founded on
> mans ignorance and insecurities, starting from one of the earliest
> forms of worship - the worshiping of the Sun/Moon, the point being
> that they simply didn't understand what they were, how they moved
> across the skys, provided warmth etc etc...

But its also a common thoery that God exists and your going to hell if you
sin. Actually I'm kinda interested in the idea that if all of this stuff
about temptation and so on was true, then couldn't God and all the things
religious people believe in, actually be something bad and 'devil' like, just
tempting them from the path with talk of 'eternal life' in 'heaven' and so
on. How would you ever know until you got there?

> ...Where was your God then?

I know know, I don't have one ;)

DG

Keep choosing your own path - they all get there in the end, unless you decide
to stop of somewhere you find more interesting.

Dayv! Benzino

Oct 1, 1998, 3:00:00 AM10/1/98

Rune Kastrup Madsen wrote:

> ... being as close to not surviving as you possibly can be without being it,

Heh.

> as a student.

Heh.

Mike Warren.

Oct 1, 1998, 3:00:00 AM10/1/98

> Rev. Timothy N Nurse wrote:
>
> > Quite right too. Why can't young people be like they were in my
> day, holding
> > doors open for the elderly, doing Bob A Job for the Scouts,
> joining youth
> > clubs or the terratorial army, help keep the countryside clean in
> organised
> > rambles, take up train spotting or model making. Instead, all they
> do is
> > listen to silly cult music take drugs, and steal to pay for their
> drug habit.
> > I blame the music for brainwashing them. In my day we never locked
> our doors,
> > now because of all this raving music that's asking to be burgled
> to pay for
> > their habit. It's not even as if the music is any good - its just
> repetative
> > beeps and noises with no tunes - not like Perry Como or some of
> the *real*
> > musicians like Roger Whittiker, Errol Gardiner and Count Basie.
> Even those
> > awful Beetels were better than this raving music. It's an absolute
> disgrace!!!
> >
> > Thanks for listening to me. May your God go with you.

allleee bloody loo yah. Yes..and also a good strap in my day kept us
in order, and a well timed thump round the ear from teacher. Lets see
Liam bloody gallagher whistle like Roger aye...or even try to sing
'Durham own'...Val doonican with his tasteful sweaters and nice cute
little goats...a wonderful role model if ever there was
one.Oh..nostalgia...The Black and White Minstrels, Billy Cotton (WAKEY
WAAAAAKEYYY!!)...Norman Vaughan..(swinging!!)...Sunday Night at the
Pally...Crossroads....Crackerjack pencils..(hoorrayyy)...
these were the things that made us good citizens and never did we
stray from the path of goodness. We were all in bed by 7 and went to
school without a complaint at all. We obeyed our betters without
question because we knew they where always right, and a grown up was
someone to look up to with respect and awe. (Unless they where a tramp
or some other lazy unemployed person, in which case it was ok to make
fun of them and fire our pea-shooters at them.). If ever we did
transgress a bit we took our beatings like kids, and we thanked the
lord for the beating that made us into nicer people. 'It is for the
cause of right, that you carry these scars and bruises', as our form
master used to say before setting forth with the cane on our backsides
every day.

Mike Warren.

Rev. Timothy N Nurse

Oct 1, 1998, 3:00:00 AM10/1/98

| Rev. Timothy N Nurse wrote:
| >

| > Command: post to uk.misc

| > | Because the people that post these things take it so seriously.
| > | They would shut down the whole rave culture and jail everyone involved
| > | if they had enough power.
| >

| > Quite right too. Why can't young people be like they were in my day, holding
| > doors open for the elderly, doing Bob A Job for the Scouts, joining youth
| > clubs or the terratorial army, help keep the countryside clean in organised
| > rambles, take up train spotting or model making. Instead, all they do is
| > listen to silly cult music take drugs, and steal to pay for their drug
habit.
| > I blame the music for brainwashing them. In my day we never locked our
doors,
| > now because of all this raving music that's asking to be burgled to pay for
| > their habit. It's not even as if the music is any good - its just
repetative
| > beeps and noises with no tunes - not like Perry Como or some of the *real*
| > musicians like Roger Whittiker, Errol Gardiner and Count Basie. Even those
| > awful Beetels were better than this raving music. It's an absolute
disgrace!!!

| Jazz was started by scummy lowlife people in scummy lowlife dives
| in the scummy lowlife part of town(in the opinion of the respectable
| people of that time). If the Jazz culture was eliminated the way it
| should have been, where would you and Count Basie be?

No. Jazz started as a derivative of negro spirituals and blues and was taken
up by the big bands in the 30s and wonderful musicians like the great Django
Reinhard and Stephane Grapelli. Count Basie came out of this group. It was
only with the arrival of rock music that jazz became 'scummy and low-life'
and drug taking became rife. The music suffered as it veered towards raving
type music with avant garde nonsense, all due to drugs.

| I don't like Perry Como's music.

Your opinion - hardly fact, hardly useful. You may not like my music, but
at least it has melody, something sadly lacking in todays youth culture.

Perhaps it's time conscription and national service were reintroduced, then
todays youngsters would learn some values as well as good taste, instead of
all this drug taking and mugging, car theft and burglary they engage in to
feed their habit and its all down to the type of music corrupting our young.

--
CamARAB
http://members.xoom.com/The_Minister/index.htm

Noise is all, all is noise

Oct 1, 1998, 3:00:00 AM10/1/98
On Wed, 30 Sep 1998 12:06:38 -0700, xtmprs...@erols.com wrote:

>All these dates fit into the fundamentalists 6,000 year age of the
>earth.

Mesopotamia (10K+) doesn't, though. My memory of history classes is a
bit hazy these days, college was a long time ago. But doesn't Babylon
predate Egypt as well? I'm thinking circa 8K, but can't remember for
certain (and I'm at work, no access to Kostof's _History of
Architecture_).

>> most people are well aware in the uk of the fundamentalists.
>> we have a few but they are lumped in with all the other nuts.
>In the US they control entire states.
>They sell access to congressmen for $$$. They even had a menu printed.

Is it me, or did the last part of that just sound funny? "I'll have an
appetizer of George Voinovich and the Arlen Specter blue-plate special
with a side of the late R. Budd Dwyer..."

>Hobosexuals want to pray on our children.

Hobosexuals? Ititnerant cads? :)

> The bible clearly tells us that Jesus preferred straight men.

Well, he WAS in the conversion business. (I prefer straight men too,
but don't let that get in the way if you happen to be gay and cute!)

Fr.Goatley

Noise is all, all is noise

Oct 1, 1998, 3:00:00 AM10/1/98
On Wed, 30 Sep 1998 15:59:25 +0100, The_Minister@no_junk.xoommail.com
(Rev. Timothy N Nurse) wrote:

>Even those awful Beetels were better than this raving music. It's an absolute disgrace!!!

Those awful Beetels were never better than anything. Sheesh. Talk
about wastes of good vinyl.

>Thanks for listening to me. May your God go with you.

No, thank YOU. Always nice to see another man of the cloth show up on
rec.music.industrial, even if it's through a crosspost.

If they're off at raves, it keeps 'em off the streets (and if they're
off the streets, they're not stealing money to support drug habits!).
Personally I can't stand the stuff, but I realize most of what I
listen to isn't even considered "music" so...

Fr.Goatley

Noise is all, all is noise

Oct 1, 1998, 3:00:00 AM10/1/98
On Thu, 01 Oct 1998 09:27:45 -0700, xtmprs...@erols.com wrote:

>I don't like Perry Como's music. I think you should be arrested for
>listening to it.

Amen brutha! But I think you're preaching to the choir... personally,
I think the dividing line should be Lionel Richie. But that's just me.

Fr.Goatley

Scott Page

Oct 1, 1998, 3:00:00 AM10/1/98
In article <6v08fv$rtv$1...@nnrp1.dejanews.com>,
dj_...@hotmail.com writes

>But its also a common thoery that God exists and your going to hell if you
>sin. Actually I'm kinda interested in the idea that if all of this stuff
>about temptation and so on was true, then couldn't God and all the things
>religious people believe in, actually be something bad and 'devil' like, just
>tempting them from the path with talk of 'eternal life' in 'heaven' and so
>on. How would you ever know until you got there?
It's just another religious belief that when you die you are judged
on your lifes actions and are therefore gain entry into Heaven or
cast into the Pit...
I look at it this way Dave, all this after-life theory is alittle like
saying to your kids, "be a good boy of the next week and we'll take
you to the sea-side at the weekend" sort of thing..It's just away of
enforcing a system of order to a body of people.. How many people
would follow Christianity/Islam if it offerd nothing in the after-
life??? There would be no point to it, people would just say "fuck
it, why bother??" and party on down for the rest of their lives..The
RP (religious people) are making an investment in their afterlife
future...

>> ...Where was your God then?
>
>I know know, I don't have one ;)

Sorry Dave, it was just a rhetorical question, i wasn't questioning
your faith :)

Scott Page

Oct 1, 1998, 3:00:00 AM10/1/98
In article <The_Minister-ya023580000110981655090001@bourbo
n.propertymall.com>, Rev. Timothy N Nurse <The_Minister@no_junk.
xoommail.com> writes

>Perhaps it's time conscription and national service were reintroduced, then
>todays youngsters would learn some values as well as good taste, instead of
>all this drug taking and mugging, car theft and burglary they engage in to
>feed their habit and its all down to the type of music corrupting our young.

Have you ever thought about doing a Public Access TV show???
I'd love to see this, perhaps you could have a "Flog the kid with my
belt" section where you could grab a kid off the streets in your
neighbourhood for commiting such crimes as skateboarding (the
Devils transport) or wearing baggy jeans (the Devils clothes) etc,
and drag him into your studio and give him a good flogging he won't
forget and beat the Devil out of him!!

xtmprs...@erols.com

Oct 1, 1998, 3:00:00 AM10/1/98
Rev. Timothy N Nurse wrote:

> In article <3613AD...@erols.com>, xtmprs...@erols.com wrote:
>
> | Rev. Timothy N Nurse wrote:
> | >
> | > Command: post to uk.misc

> | > Quite right too. Why can't young people be like they were in my day, holding
> | > doors open for the elderly, doing Bob A Job for the Scouts, joining youth
> | > clubs or the terratorial army, help keep the countryside clean in organised
> | > rambles, take up train spotting or model making. Instead, all they do is
> | > listen to silly cult music take drugs, and steal to pay for their drug
> habit.
> | > I blame the music for brainwashing them. In my day we never locked our
> doors,
> | > now because of all this raving music that's asking to be burgled to pay for
> | > their habit. It's not even as if the music is any good - its just
> repetative
> | > beeps and noises with no tunes - not like Perry Como or some of the *real*
> | > musicians like Roger Whittiker, Errol Gardiner and Count Basie. Even those

> | > awful Beetels were better than this raving music. It's an absolute
> disgrace!!!
> | >

> | Jazz was started by scummy lowlife people in scummy lowlife dives
> | in the scummy lowlife part of town(in the opinion of the respectable
> | people of that time). If the Jazz culture was eliminated the way it
> | should have been, where would you and Count Basie be?
>
> No. Jazz started as a derivative of negro spirituals and blues and was taken
> up by the big bands in the 30s and wonderful musicians like the great Django
> Reinhard and Stephane Grapelli. Count Basie came out of this group. It was
> only with the arrival of rock music that jazz became 'scummy and low-life'

Yes. You managed to prove my point and completely miss it at the same
time. When jazz started, negros were by definition, lowlife scummy
people
no matter how spiritual they were. Any place they frequented was a
lowlife scummy dive, and they were only allowed to live, play music and
dance in the lowlife scummy part of town. They played and danced to
nigger music, drank whiskey until they yakked on the table and passed
out.
They smoked opium and used heroin as soon as it was invented.
Respectable people had nothing to do with this nigger music
and the drinking, weird drugs and gambling that came with it.

Until the (white) big bands picked it up. Seventy years later,
history has been rewritten, and jazz is and always has been respectable.
Morality and social order has deteriorated so much that those lowlife
scummy negroes are treated as if they are respectable people
(this happens all the time at raves).

> and drug taking became rife. The music suffered as it veered towards raving
> type music with avant garde nonsense, all due to drugs.
>

> | I don't like Perry Como's music.
>

> Your opinion - hardly fact, hardly useful. You may not like my music, but
> at least it has melody, something sadly lacking in todays youth culture.

You deleted part of what I wrote, so you could more easily discredit
what was left.
Try this:
The bible says do unto other what you would have then do unto you.
You don't like techno so lets arrest those who listen to it.
I don't like Perry Como's music so lets arrest you.
As you say, my dislike of Perry Comos music is only my opinion.
Your dislike of techno is not a law of nature, it is only *your*
opinion.
However, I am not advocating arresting people who listen to music I
dislike.
You are.
If you're going to arrest people based on their musical taste, make
damn sure your music is popular before you call the music police.
You might find yourself in a cell full of ravers high on E.
Or maybe a whiskey swilling, opium smoking nigger music playing big
band.

> Perhaps it's time conscription and national service were reintroduced, then
> todays youngsters would learn some values as well as good taste, instead of
> all this drug taking and mugging, car theft and burglary they engage in to
> feed their habit and its all down to the type of music corrupting our young.

That won't work. Banning raves will only send them to a place you can't
find.
Instead of threatening to ban their music and arrest them, try to
persuade them
to spend a little time making the world a better place.(keeping
fundmentalists out of power comes to mind). If you succeed, they will
have less time to spend
listening to nigger mus- uh, techno.

> --
> CamARAB
> http://members.xoom.com/The_Minister/index.htm

Rev. Timothy N Nurse

Oct 1, 1998, 3:00:00 AM10/1/98

| No, thank YOU. Always nice to see another man of the cloth show up on
| rec.music.industrial, even if it's through a crosspost.

????
What is 'industrial' music? The sort they play in factories and shops to
keep the workers happy??

--
CamARAB
http://members.xoom.com/The_Minister/index.htm

Cerridwen

Oct 1, 1998, 3:00:00 AM10/1/98
In article <6v08fv$rtv$1...@nnrp1.dejanews.com>, dj_...@hotmail.com writes

>But its also a common thoery that God exists and your going to hell if you
>sin.

Not in _all_ religions.

> Actually I'm kinda interested in the idea that if all of this stuff
>about temptation and so on was true, then couldn't God and all the things
>religious people believe in, actually be something bad and 'devil' like, just
>tempting them from the path with talk of 'eternal life' in 'heaven' and so
>on. How would you ever know until you got there?

Very good question, and one I'm sure you won't find one christian able
to answer it, unless with the 'god is real and if you follow the bible
you won't err' or 'it's the devil putting evil thoughts into your head'
response ... but then people who follow the actions of others without
thinking for themselves never are very good at philosophical debate.

Cerridwen

~ Eight words the Wiccan Rede fulfil: An it harm none, do what you will. ~

xtmprs...@erols.com

Oct 1, 1998, 3:00:00 AM10/1/98
Noise is all, all is noise wrote:

> On Wed, 30 Sep 1998 12:06:38 -0700, xtmprs...@erols.com wrote:
>
> >All these dates fit into the fundamentalists 6,000 year age of the
> >earth.
>
> Mesopotamia (10K+) doesn't, though. My memory of history classes is a
> bit hazy these days, college was a long time ago. But doesn't Babylon
> predate Egypt as well? I'm thinking circa 8K, but can't remember for
> certain (and I'm at work, no access to Kostof's _History of
> Architecture_).

Some of the Mesopotamian cultures predate Egypt, but the original poster
didn't mention them so I didn't either.
In any case, nothing is older than 6k years. God said so.

> >> most people are well aware in the uk of the fundamentalists.
> >> we have a few but they are lumped in with all the other nuts.
> >In the US they control entire states.
> >They sell access to congressmen for $$$. They even had a menu printed.
>
> Is it me, or did the last part of that just sound funny? "I'll have an
> appetizer of George Voinovich and the Arlen Specter blue-plate special
> with a side of the late R. Budd Dwyer..."

There was an actual menu listing prices for different levels of access
to different congressmen. Newt Gingritch was very expensive, and a
half hour meeting with him cost more than a handshake and a
hellohowareya.
For those on a budget, you could buy a meeting with congressman
nerheardofhim from who knowswhere for less.

> >Hobosexuals want to pray on our children.
>
> Hobosexuals? Ititnerant cads? :)
>
> > The bible clearly tells us that Jesus preferred straight men.
>
> Well, he WAS in the conversion business. (I prefer straight men too,
> but don't let that get in the way if you happen to be gay and cute!)

How about if I'm not gay and not cute?

> Fr.Goatley

xtmprs...@erols.com

Oct 1, 1998, 3:00:00 AM10/1/98
Rev. Timothy N Nurse wrote:

> In article <3614ab7c....@news.csuohio.edu>, mas...@akita.com wrote:
>
> | No, thank YOU. Always nice to see another man of the cloth show up on
> | rec.music.industrial, even if it's through a crosspost.
>
> ????
> What is 'industrial' music? The sort they play in factories and shops to
> keep the workers happy??

It's the sheet metal brakes clanging in harmony with the hydraulic
presses.

> --
> CamARAB
> http://members.xoom.com/The_Minister/index.htm

Rev. Timothy N Nurse

Oct 1, 1998, 3:00:00 AM10/1/98
In article <POiMLUA2...@lingards1.demon.co.uk>, Scott Page
<d...@home.inbed.asleep> wrote:

| In article <The_Minister-ya023580000110981655090001@bourbo
| n.propertymall.com>, Rev. Timothy N Nurse <The_Minister@no_junk.
| xoommail.com> writes

| >Perhaps it's time conscription and national service were reintroduced, then
| >todays youngsters would learn some values as well as good taste, instead of
| >all this drug taking and mugging, car theft and burglary they engage in to
| >feed their habit and its all down to the type of music corrupting our young.
|

| Have you ever thought about doing a Public Access TV show???

What's that?

| I'd love to see this, perhaps you could have a "Flog the kid with my
| belt"

No. I don't believe in beating children for no reason. That's wrong.

section where you could grab a kid off the streets in your
| neighbourhood for commiting such crimes as skateboarding (the
| Devils transport) or wearing baggy jeans (the Devils clothes) etc,
| and drag him into your studio and give him a good flogging he won't
| forget and beat the Devil out of him!!

None of those are crimes. However, it is interesting the Singapore canes
those who engage in petty crime like mugging and burglary and vandalism.
Their crime rates are extremely low. They also do not have any raving music
or drug related crime. Youngsters there join clubs and help in the community,
they do not waste their time loafing about and 'doing' drugs. They also have
national service.

--
CamARAB
http://members.xoom.com/The_Minister/index.htm

apriori

Oct 1, 1998, 3:00:00 AM10/1/98
On Thu, 01 Oct 1998 13:39:49 -0700, xtmprs...@erols.com wrote:

>Noise is all, all is noise wrote:
>>
>> On Wed, 30 Sep 1998 12:06:38 -0700, xtmprs...@erols.com wrote:
>>
>> >All these dates fit into the fundamentalists 6,000 year age of the
>> >earth.
>>
>> Mesopotamia (10K+) doesn't, though. My memory of history classes is a
>> bit hazy these days, college was a long time ago.

People were practicing agriculture in the Levant as early as 11,000
BC. Proto-Neolithic sites (c. 9300-8500 BC) like Jericho clearly show
domesticated grains. The first settlements of any size appeared in
Mesopotamia around 6000 BC, with the first real _city_, Uruk, arising
near a tributary of the Euprates about two thousand years later
(simultaneous to the arising of the pre-dynastic society in Egypt and
about 800 years before the creation of the Newgrange passage grave in
Ireland).

>But doesn't Babylon
>> predate Egypt as well? I'm thinking circa 8K, but can't remember for
>> certain (and I'm at work, no access to Kostof's _History of
>> Architecture_).

The First Dynasty of Babylon existed c. 1800 BC and is therefore
considerably younger than Egypt (which was in the heyday of the Middle
Kingdom at the time). Babylon as a society is a bit older, but arose
after Egypt was well established as a regional power.

>Some of the Mesopotamian cultures predate Egypt, but the original poster
>didn't mention them so I didn't either.
>In any case, nothing is older than 6k years. God said so.

And which god would that be. One gets them confused so easily...
;-)

apriori

apriori

Oct 1, 1998, 3:00:00 AM10/1/98
On Thu, 01 Oct 1998 13:42:42 -0700, xtmprs...@erols.com wrote:

>Rev. Timothy N Nurse wrote:
>>
>> In article <3614ab7c....@news.csuohio.edu>, mas...@akita.com wrote:
>>
>> | No, thank YOU. Always nice to see another man of the cloth show up on
>> | rec.music.industrial, even if it's through a crosspost.
>>
>> ????
>> What is 'industrial' music? The sort they play in factories and shops to
>> keep the workers happy??
>>

>It's the sheet metal brakes clanging in harmony with the hydraulic
>presses.

Oh, right...Neubauten!

apriori

phx...@pop.phnx.uswest.net

Oct 1, 1998, 3:00:00 AM10/1/98

Rev. Timothy N Nurse wrote:

> In article <3613AD...@erols.com>, xtmprs...@erols.com wrote:
>
> | Rev. Timothy N Nurse wrote:
> | >

> and drug taking became rife. The music suffered as it veered towards raving
> type music with avant garde nonsense, all due to drugs.

No. That horrible maryjewaina has been smoked upwards of 20,000 years now, but it
was widely associated with Jass musicians in the 1900s - 1920s. Slaves brought
their hooter use from Africa, but it had been a longtime habit with native
Americans. Why do you think they called it the 'peace' pipe? The weed did not
become illegal in the US until 1936, shortly after a sleazy movie called "Reefer
Madness" upset the Episcopalians. By the time Jass had turned into Jazz, musicians
were also frequently associated with the use of cocaine and opium. Rock & Rollers
only used recreational drugs openly, as a means of showing defiance. They sure as
fuck didn't originate drug use....

> | I don't like Perry Como's music.
>
> Your opinion - hardly fact, hardly useful. You may not like my music, but
> at least it has melody, something sadly lacking in todays youth culture.
>

> Perhaps it's time conscription and national service were reintroduced, then
> todays youngsters would learn some values as well as good taste, instead of
> all this drug taking and mugging, car theft and burglary they engage in to
> feed their habit and its all down to the type of music corrupting our young.
>

> --
> CamARAB
> http://members.xoom.com/The_Minister/index.htm

It is loading more messages.