Question - Common inspiration for Jatin-Lalit and Fallout Boy?

Karthik G

Feb 5, 2022, 10:47:06 PM2/5/22
I was listening to Fallout Boy's "My songs know what you did in the dark" from 2013

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=LkIWmsP3c_s

and the main tune of the song is basically the same as "Tum hi hamari ho manzil my love" from Yaara Dildaara from 1991

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=kNU-NsCz16k

Did Fallout Boy copy the tune from Jatin Lalit, or is there an earlier song which serves as inspiration to both these songs?

Param

Feb 12, 2022, 7:42:44 AM2/12/22
Don't know if Tum Hi Hamari was plagiarised (don't think so) but Jatin - Lalit had used the tune earlier in a non-film album called Rhythmic Love (1986). Nice album - had a few other tunes that they went on to use in Bollywood. https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=GYMmdhn6NuA