Subah (title song)

karthik

Feb 18, 2002, 3:17:42 AM2/18/02
I am looking for the title song of the TV serial "Subah" which used to
be aired on doordarshan on Wednesdays. I had recorded the song in a
cassette but lost it.

Also i am interested to know if anyone has the title song of

Mrignayani
Viswamitra
Neev
Chunauti
Rajini

Karthik Viswanathan

Ramesh . S

Feb 19, 2002, 7:59:13 PM2/19/02
hi
yeah.. subah on wednesdays.. chunauti on saturdays. rajani[yuck!] on
sundays... india/west indies cricket matches on black and white tv's.
[ we were never sure if it was greenidge or haynes batting..:-) ]
wah.. kya solid timepass tha..

i dont remember the exact lyrics. but these should trigger somebody
with a better memory.

subah, i think, had music by R.D.Burman
SUBAH :
Ho - Ai zamaaney tere
saamne aa gaye
Aaj ke daur ke
naujawan aa gaye
Dar pe tere, ban ke suraj
Le ke subah, aa gaye
ab hum , subah ko, kar salaam (i know the lines dont seem to make
complete sense but i am just writing these as i recall..)

Maut aur zindagi
donon hairaan hai [ picturized on salim ghouse ]
waqt ke mod pe
hum woh toofan hai [ picturized on the guy playing
tennis, prem bhargav .. his character was ]
Ai zamaaney tere ....

RAJNI :
Ladki hai ek naam rajni hai
rajni, rajni, rajni
rajni ki ek yeh kahaani hai
rajni, rajni, rajni
dekhi jahaan buraai hai
jaakey wahan Takraayi hai [ :-) ]
sachaai ki yahi prateek hai..
rajni, rajni, rajni

i know these havent been of much use, but hey, its a start..

regards
ramesh

Sumantra Dutta Roy

Feb 21, 2002, 11:02:15 AM2/21/02
Those two mails brought back many memories ...
Yes, I'd, too love to have recordings of these, and much more, please
read on.

ramesh...@hotmail.com (Ramesh . S) wrote in message news:<7740604f.02021...@posting.google.com>...
> hi

> SUBAH :
> Ho - Ai zamaaney tere
> saamne aa gaye
> Aaj ke daur ke
> naujawan aa gaye
> Dar pe tere, ban ke suraj
> Le ke subah, aa gaye
> ab hum , subah ko, kar salaam (i know the lines dont seem to make
> complete sense but i am just writing these as i recall..)
>
> Maut aur zindagi
> donon hairaan hai [ picturized on salim ghouse ]
> waqt ke mod pe

Should this be `waqt ko modte' ? I'm not sure.

> hum woh toofan hai [ picturized on the guy playing
> tennis, prem bhargav .. his character was ]
> Ai zamaaney tere ....
>

> kar...@jhu.edu (karthik) wrote in message news:<15d7fc71.02021...@posting.google.com>...
> > I am looking for the title song of the TV serial "Subah" which used to
> > be aired on doordarshan on Wednesdays. I had recorded the song in a
> > cassette but lost it.
> >
> > Also i am interested to know if anyone has the title song of
> >
> > Mrignayani

Om-tana-tana-nah ... rita-nana-rita-nana ...
That's another classic.

> > Neev

You mean the
``Dharti par, sooraj ki kirNein
rakhe neev ujaale ki ...
koi Gandhi, koi Nehru, koi veer Subhash bane''
Sunday, 11am ?

> > Chunauti
Man ek seepee hai
aashaa motee hai
har pal jeevan kaa
ek chunauti hai

... sone ne de aag seene kee
kar de lagan se too pyaar
aawaaz dekar bulaa le too
tere liye hai bahaar

jo ban jaataa hai
bhool raahon ki
uskee deewaaneee
manzil hotee hai

------------------------
I would additionally ask if anybody hasa recording of the title music
of the following serials:

1. Poorvaai - kabhee to hai sapnaa, kabhee ...
(a bit similar to the Buniyaad title song. This serial started off,
though with a song in raag bairaagi, by Ustaad Nissaar Hussain Khan)

2. Swayamsiddha - a Vijay Tendulkar serial, starring Priya Tendulkar
and Karan Razdaan

auron ne hee peetaa mujhkoek dafaa to apnaa jeevan
mujhko khud hee bone do
likh lene do apnee kismat
honaa hai jo hone do

dukh ke taane
sukh ke motee
sab hai meree aankhon mein
sab hai meree aankhon mein
ab kee baar to apnaa
aanchal bhar ke rone do

3. Rath Chakra - sung by Asha Bhosle

4. Kuch khoya, kuch paayaa
(Lata Mangeshkar)
yaadon ke dhundhle darpan mein
beete har pal kee chhaayaa hai
har mod pe maine jeevan ke
kuch khoyaa hai, kuch paayaa hai

kuch antar man kee peedaayein
apne hee aangan samjhein hain (?)
jitne suljhaaye prashna yahaan
wo hain sub aise uljhe hain
wo hain sub aise uljhe hain

kyon man kehne ko apnaa hai
jab ismein dard paraayaa hai

5. Pratham Pratishruti

6. Mujrim Haazir
(by Salil Chaudhury ?)

7. Saanjha Chuulhaa - by Reshma
Shukar-e-Rabaa ... saanjhaa chuulhaa balle-aam ..
Chade soorja ambar jaane

8. Choli Daaman

9. Manzilein

10. Kaalaa Paani
Kaale jal mein sookh rahaa hai ...

11. Doctor Sahib
Dard ko humdard kaa koi bahaanaa chaahiye

12. Jeevan Rekha - Lifeline (the first version)

13. Karmabhoomi (by Anup Jalota)
Zindagi ko jo naa samjhein ...

And lots more ... if anyone has these, I would appreciate a
personal mail to this effect: I'm sure others on the list would
have similar ideas !

With warm regards,
Sumantra.

auron ne hee kaataa mujhko

karthik

Feb 21, 2002, 9:39:26 PM2/21/02
talking of songs in TV soaps one of the best ones which comes to my
mind is from the serial Charitraheen (Sarat Chandra's. The song had
the following lyrics:

Dooba, sooraj dooba,
man le dooba, man le dooba,
aur ek shyaam, maine tere naam kar di

sheetal, something komal, tera aanchal,
sadiyon se leharaya, jhalmal, jhalmal

The Neev song sung by Amit Kumar is

Dharti par suraj ki kirane,
rakhe neev ujale ki,
vidya ke prakash se roshan,
neev bane vidyalay ki,

neev agar mazboot ho manav,
dharti par aakaash bane,
koi gandhi, koi nehru,
koi veer subash bane

Another all time fav of mine is from PHIR WAHI TALASH

Mile hain gham ke mod pe,
hame khushi ke raaste (2)

Koi ho safar mein jo saath de,
mere haath mein koi haath de,
meri manzilen abhi door hain,
mujhe raaston ki talash hai

And there was this song in Doosra Kewal (10:30PM thursday starring
Shahrukh Khan) which had a song

meri maa boli punjabi....

I really miss those songs...Can anyone remember some more or these

-karthik viswanathan

vibhendu

Feb 22, 2002, 12:56:33 AM2/22/02
Amazing memory,sumantra considering none of this would be available on
tape.
Foryou and other DD fanatics check out four installments of DD quiz on
Yahoogroups 'Quiznet',The messages can be viewed by non members,
search with keyword DD
vibhendu

Anindya

Mar 15, 2002, 12:20:34 AM3/15/02
kar...@jhu.edu (karthik) wrote in message news:<15d7fc71.02022...@posting.google.com>...

> talking of songs in TV soaps one of the best ones which comes to my
> mind is from the serial Charitraheen (Sarat Chandra's. The song had
> the following lyrics:

<snipped>

> I really miss those songs...Can anyone remember some more or these
>
> -karthik viswanathan

picking up from an old thread. There used to be a serial for kids on
Sundays - Arabian Nights (or specifically, Alibaaba, I think), called
(not sure) - Potaali Baaba ki?

the title song was quite intriguing, and very unusual. A kind of
Bhairavi, with a middle eastern touch. The MD, IIRC, was Ajit Verman.
The song went something like: (something) waale (something) waale
(something) ka baaba....

Anindya

vibhendu

Mar 15, 2002, 11:31:36 PM3/15/02
andy...@hotmail.com (Anindya) wrote in message news:<f43baef6.02031...@posting.google.com>...

> kar...@jhu.edu (karthik) wrote in message news:<15d7fc71.02022...@posting.google.com>...
> > talking of songs in TV soaps one of the best ones which comes to my
> > mind is from the serial Charitraheen (Sarat Chandra's. The song had
> > the following lyrics:
> >

> <snipped>
>
> > > picking up from an old thread. There used to be a serial for kids on
> Sundays - Arabian Nights (or specifically, Alibaaba, I think), called
> (not sure) - Potaali Baaba ki?
>
> the title song was quite intriguing, and very unusual. A kind of
> Bhairavi, with a middle eastern touch. The MD, IIRC, was Ajit Verman.
> The song went something like: (something) waale (something) waale
> (something) ka baaba....
> ###no the MD was Vishaal bhardwaj...the first Vishaal..Gulzar collaboration
of course,Jungle book's 'Jungle Jungle phool khila hai' and
Dinosaur,dinosaur followed all three were CFSI(children Film society
of India)'s productions.
And when Gulzar did direct a feature film years after ijaazat and
after demise of RDB, vishal was a natural replacement
> Anindya

Dharam Singh

Feb 10, 2024, 1:28:48 PMFeb 10
The corrrect Information on SUBAH Serial is now in YOUTUBE
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=F3uelR9SSko