Songs Sung By R.D.Burman

Suresh Subramanian

Jul 18, 1993, 11:25:50 AM7/18/93
I am posting a list of songs sung by R.D.Burman-whose strange voice,I've
enjoyed a lot beginning with Mehbooba in Sholay.I hope you guys can complete
the entire list for me.Here goes:-
1)Mehbooba-sholay
2)Duniya Mein Logon Ko Dhoka Kabhi Ho Jata Hai-MOVIE??
3)Piya Tu Ab To Aaja-Caravan
4)Jana O Meri Jana-Sanam Teri Kasam
5)Ye Din To Aata Hai Ek Din Jawaani Me-Mahaan
6)Yamma Yamma-Shaan
7)Kal Kya Hoga Kisko Pata-Kasme Vaade
8)Samundar me naha ke aur bhi namkeen ho gayi ho-Pukaar
9)Bachke rehna re baba-Pukar
10)Zindagi Milke Bitaenge-Satte Pe Satta
11)Pyar Tumhe Kis Mod Pe Le AAya
12)Tum Kya Jano Mohabbat Kya hai-Hum Kisi Se Kam Nahi
13)Na Jaa Janejaa-Joshilaay
14)Perhaps a couple of more songs in Pukaar
15)In the movie Samundar *ing sunny Deol and Poonam Dhillon-he has sung one
other song
16)In the beginning of the song Saamne Ye kaun Aaya in Jawaani Diwani there is
a long prelude in which R.D.has sung.
17)The title song of the T.V.serial SUBAH
18)Dukhi Pe Dukhi Ho-Satte Pe Satta

Please complete the list.

Suresh Subramanian.
An RDent RD fan

umesh garg

Jul 18, 1993, 9:32:28 PM7/18/93
In article <1993Jul18....@newstand.syr.edu> subr...@rodan.acs.syr.EDU (Suresh Subramanian) writes:
>I am posting a list of songs sung by R.D.Burman-whose strange voice,I've
>enjoyed a lot beginning with Mehbooba in Sholay.I hope you guys can complete
>the entire list for me.Here goes:-
>1)Mehbooba-sholay
>2)Duniya Mein Logon Ko Dhoka Kabhi Ho Jata Hai-MOVIE??
APNA DESH.

>3)Piya Tu Ab To Aaja-Caravan
>4)Jana O Meri Jana-Sanam Teri Kasam
>5)Ye Din To Aata Hai Ek Din Jawaani Me-Mahaan
>6)Yamma Yamma-Shaan
>7)Kal Kya Hoga Kisko Pata-Kasme Vaade
>8)Samundar me naha ke aur bhi namkeen ho gayi ho-Pukaar
>9)Bachke rehna re baba-Pukar
>10)Zindagi Milke Bitaenge-Satte Pe Satta
>11)Pyar Tumhe Kis Mod Pe Le AAya
>12)Tum Kya Jano Mohabbat Kya hai-Hum Kisi Se Kam Nahi
>13)Na Jaa Janejaa-Joshilaay
>14)Perhaps a couple of more songs in Pukaar
>15)In the movie Samundar *ing sunny Deol and Poonam Dhillon-he has sung one
>other song
>16)In the beginning of the song Saamne Ye kaun Aaya in Jawaani Diwani there is
>a long prelude in which R.D.has sung.
>17)The title song of the T.V.serial SUBAH
>18)Dukhi Pe Dukhi Ho-Satte Pe Satta
>
>Please complete the list.

AAO TWIST KAREN (Film:Bhoot Banglaa)--probably the first song by RD in
a Hindi film. I am not sure but that might also be his first Hindi movie as a
music director.

-Umesh Garg.

Ramesh Hariharan

Jul 19, 1993, 10:34:37 AM7/19/93
In article <1993Jul19.0...@news.nd.edu> ga...@happy.helios.nd.edu (umesh garg) writes:
>In article <1993Jul18....@newstand.syr.edu> subr...@rodan.acs.syr.EDU (Suresh Subramanian) writes:
>>I am posting a list of songs sung by R.D.Burman-whose strange voice,I've
>>enjoyed a lot beginning with Mehbooba in Sholay.I hope you guys can complete
>>the entire list for me.Here goes:-

>>6)Yamma Yamma-Shaan

There are 3 singers in this song (or is it 2) .....pictured on Amitabh,
Shashi Kapoor & ??? ... Who were (was) the other singer(s) ?

This is sung in Shakaal's (Karbandha in a great role) adda. BTW even
this movie has SAMBHA !!!! All right !

Ramesh Hariharan, Chem. Engg., Princeton Univ.

Gaurov Dayal

Jul 19, 1993, 10:56:47 AM7/19/93
Another song by RD is a duet with Ashs called Sapna Mera Tut Gaya, I'm not
sure about the movie. He has also down background vocals in movies such as
Sagaar and Aradhana (i think!)

Aniruddha B. Deglurkar

Jul 19, 1993, 10:40:51 AM7/19/93
subr...@rodan.acs.syr.EDU (Suresh Subramanian) writes:

Yet another RD song is ... "aa dekhe jaraa..kisme kitna hai dum "
from Rocky.
I think the list is pretty much complete..shall posst more songs if
i recollect.

Ani.
(yettanuder rdent rd fan)

Aniruddha B. Deglurkar

Jul 19, 1993, 11:21:33 AM7/19/93
gda...@casbah.acns.nwu.edu (Gaurov Dayal) writes:

Movie is Khel Khel Mein.

Ani.

SHOBA THAMMA

Jul 19, 1993, 3:21:31 PM7/19/93
Gaurov Dayal (gda...@casbah.acns.nwu.edu) wrote:
: Another song by RD is a duet with Ashs called Sapna Mera Tut Gaya, I'm not

: sure about the movie. He has also down background vocals in movies such as

: Sagaar and Aradhana (i think!)

Hi,
The film from which the song Sapna Mera Toot Gaya is taken is KHEL KHEL
MEIN, *ing Rishi Kapoor, Neetu Singh, and somebody fairly famous (Vijayendra??)
It also has Aruna Irani Rakesh Roshan and Iftekhar in prominent roles.
This song is picturised on Aruna Irani in a nightclub after Rakesh
Roshan, whom she loves has been killed.

Hope that helps

Shoba.

Jasjit Singh

Jul 19, 1993, 4:57:16 PM7/19/93
In article <1993Jul18....@newstand.syr.edu> subr...@rodan.acs.syr.EDU (Suresh Subramanian) writes:
>6)Yamma Yamma-Shaan

I do not think so. The "harsh voice" in the song is probably Rafi. The
version of the song that was released was supposed to be a prelim version
(with Rafi singing the way he sang because of sore throat). They never did
get a chance to record a final version (possibly because Rafi passed away -

Can anybody refute/confirm this? I only remember about this vaguely, and
am not sure....

-Jasjit

J.A.S.J.I.T. = "Just Another Student from a Jaunty Indian Town (Rohtak)"
Jasjit Singh jas...@cc.gatech.edu
College of Computing (404)-876-0154
Georgia Tech.

Till mid sept : Intern, Intel Corp (Santa Clara)

Jasjit Singh

Jul 19, 1993, 5:05:54 PM7/19/93
>There are 3 singers in this song (or is it 2) .....pictured on Amitabh,
>Shashi Kapoor & ??? ... Who were (was) the other singer(s) ?

There were just 2. Shatrugan, the 3rd "nice guy" was exploring the
villain's "adaa" while the other 2 were presenting the "show"

Shailesh Patel

Jul 19, 1993, 12:13:50 PM7/19/93
> AAO TWIST KAREN (Film:Bhoot Banglaa)--probably the first song by RD in
>a Hindi film. I am not sure but that might also be his first Hindi movie as a
>music director.

Incidentaly, he also starred in the movie as a comedian along w/ Mehmood...

Shailesh

vinod....@gmail.com

Jan 21, 2016, 7:08:29 AM1/21/16
Kya Bura Hai Kya Bhala Hai (Libas)
Tu Ne Kiya Kya Jaadu (Apne Apne)
O Maajhi Teri Naiyaa Se (Aar Paar)
Dil Agar Jawaan Hai Toh (Bond 303)
Suno Sitamgar Mere (Zabardast)
Naram Garam Raat Mein (Naram Garam)

zadgao...@gmail.com

May 8, 2018, 6:25:34 AM5/8/18
aao twist kare was sung by Manna Dey.

GANESH R Iyer

May 9, 2018, 11:11:10 AM5/9/18
Dil Lena Khel Hai Dildaar Ka- Zamane Ko Dikhana Hai

Hasan

May 9, 2018, 3:00:18 PM5/9/18
Yet another song sung by R.D. Burman is from the film The Great Gambler and the song sung by Asha Ji and RD Burman is "Do Lafzon Ki Hai Dil Ki Kahani"

sanche...@gmail.com

Jun 28, 2018, 2:21:56 AM6/28/18
On Sunday, July 18, 1993 at 8:55:50 PM UTC+5:30, Suresh Subramanian wrote:
Yeh Zindagi kuch bhi sahi - Romance *ing Kumar Gaurav, Poonam Dhillon

sunny...@gmail.com

Nov 11, 2019, 11:38:56 PM11/11/19
Ajuba Ajuba [Full Song] | Hifazat | Anil Kapoor, Madhuri
•May 15, 2012
649
110
Share
Save
Bollywood Classics
12.9M subscribers
Song : Ajuba Ajuba
Movie : Hifazat
Singer : R. D. Burman
Star Cast : Ashok Kumar, Nutan, Anil Kapoor, Madhuri, Bindu, Shakti Kapoor, Kader Khan, Pran
Music Director : Rahul Dev Burman
Lyrics : Anand Bakshi
Music Label : T-Series

Afzal A. Khan

Nov 16, 2019, 12:05:47 PM11/16/19
I think RDB's first film as an independent Music Director
was "Chhote Nawab", released in 1961.

Some people believe he had a major contribution in music
for the film "Aradhana", released in 1969. One doesn't
know for sure.

Afzal

atul.n...@gmail.com

Jan 16, 2020, 3:32:51 AM1/16/20
Golamal hai bhai sab golmaal hai - Golmaal
Dhanno ki aankhon me - Kitaab
Bade achche lagte hain (1 line in between the song has been sung by RD) - Balika Vadhu
Satte Pe Satta - Title Song
Kal kya hoga kisko pata - satte pe Satta
O meri jaan maine kahan - The Train

sanjaysh...@gmail.com

Mar 8, 2020, 8:46:08 PM3/8/20
Dhanno ki ankho me raat ka surama aur Chand ka chumma from movie Kitab is sung by R.D. Burman

gang...@gmail.com

Apr 1, 2020, 4:36:03 AM4/1/20
One song sang by Panchamda withe asha didi that was kisne dekha hai kal in film Hiralal Pannalal

rudra...@gmail.com

Apr 14, 2020, 11:23:51 AM4/14/20
movie is Khel Khel Mein, picturised on rakesh roshan and aruna irani.
by rudradutt

nish...@somaiya.edu

Jun 12, 2020, 10:20:01 PM6/12/20
in 'Bhoot bangla'
aao twist karen was sung by mannadey, but RD sung with mehmood,Suresh in 'Mein bhookha hoon , Tuze khaunga..'
Also one line in "phoolon ka taron ka sabka kahena hai" (hare rama hare krishna)

Tarun Jha

May 16, 2022, 3:22:58 AM5/16/22
On Sunday, July 18, 1993 at 8:55:50 PM UTC+5:30, Suresh Subramanian wrote:
Dilbar Dil Jaani – HUM HAIN LAAJAWAAB (1984)

--

*Please
consider the environment before printing this e-mail*

*ICT is
a leading International Consulting firm specializing in the Infrastructure
Sector and with its deep commitment to quality, client¹s satisfaction and
high
standards of professionalism, continually endeavors to serve the cause
of
infrastructure development.*

Disclaimer
: This confidential E-Mail
is for the addressee only. If received in
error,  do not retain / print/
copy/ disclose or forward without our
consent and please notify us  at:
webm...@ictonline.com <mailto:webm...@ictonline.com>. We scan
all
emails but are not responsible for any damage caused by virus or alteration
by a third party after it is sent. Any opinions, views, conclusions or any
other information present in this E-Mail that do not relate to official
business of ICT shall be understood to be solely those of the author and do
not
necessarily represent those of ICT.

Tarun Jha

May 16, 2022, 3:26:41 AM5/16/22
On Sunday, July 18, 1993 at 8:55:50 PM UTC+5:30, Suresh Subramanian wrote:
Dil Se Dil Mile - BULUNDI (1980)

Tarun Jha

May 16, 2022, 3:29:29 AM5/16/22
On Sunday, July 18, 1993 at 8:55:50 PM UTC+5:30, Suresh Subramanian wrote:
Aapke Kamre Mein Koi - YAADON KI BARAAT

Tarun Jha

May 16, 2022, 3:30:06 AM5/16/22
On Sunday, July 18, 1993 at 8:55:50 PM UTC+5:30, Suresh Subramanian wrote:
Ek Haseen Gulbadan - KARISHMA

yogi jat

Dec 15, 2022, 12:11:20 AM12/15/22
"Ye Zindagi Kuch bhi Sahi per ye mere kis kam ki " - Album Romance in early 80s one of the rare and melodic song in RD Burman's voice

yogi jat

Dec 15, 2022, 12:11:41 AM12/15/22
Message has been deleted

Lachman Tolani

Mar 14, 2023, 8:40:27 AM3/14/23
> Dhano ki aankhon me raat ka surma aur chand ka Jumma - Movie Kitab

Adwait Kolhatkar

May 5, 2023, 7:23:46 AM5/5/23

I was searching to confirm whether Ye Zindagi Kuch Bhi Sahi is sung by RD and landed on this conversation. The span of the conversation is very interesting. The first time stamp is 'Jul 18, 1993, 8:55:50 PM' started by Suresh Subramanianji. I guess, Google Groups was not there at that time!? Not sure of the origin. As trivia, it would be interesting know where it started.