scooters in hindi films

Jaireth Subhash

Jun 30, 1995, 3:00:00 AM6/30/95
I am researching on the culture of scooters in India. Would anyone
name some hindi films in which scooters and/or motorbikes have been
used to set scenes such as songs, romance etc.

Modena Software

Jun 30, 1995, 3:00:00 AM6/30/95

That's avery interesting topic. I guess one of the most popularscooter
songs in Hindi films is "Ye dosti hum nahin chodenge" in Sholay. Many
more are there. Can't think of them now.

- Ram

ps: Rmimers, please note the followups.

Sanjay

Jun 30, 1995, 3:00:00 AM6/30/95
Modena Software (mod...@netcom.com) wrote:
: In article <3svquk$p...@huxley.anu.edu.au>
: jxs...@huxley.anu.edu.au (Jaireth Subhash) writes:
: >I am researching on the culture of scooters in India. Would anyone
: >name some hindi films in which scooters and/or motorbikes have been
: >used to set scenes such as songs, romance etc.
: >

I guess one of the most popularscooter
: songs in Hindi films is "Ye dosti hum nahin chodenge" in Sholay. Many
: more are there. Can't think of them now.

Another very popular song on mobike is 'Zindahi ek safar hai suhaanaa',
picturised on Rajesh khanna and hema malini from movie Andaaz (also
starring shammi kapoor). Perfect Yodelling by .. ,no points for guessing.

Sanjay

Da ChieF

Jun 30, 1995, 3:00:00 AM6/30/95
Modena Software (mod...@netcom.com) wrote:
: In article <3svquk$p...@huxley.anu.edu.au> jxs...@huxley.anu.edu.au (Jaireth Subhash) writes:
: >I am researching on the culture of scooters in India. Would anyone
: >name some hindi films in which scooters and/or motorbikes have been
: >used to set scenes such as songs, romance etc.
: >

: That's avery interesting topic. I guess one of the most popularscooter

: songs in Hindi films is "Ye dosti hum nahin chodenge" in Sholay. Many
: more are there. Can't think of them now.

: - Ram

: ps: Rmimers, please note the followups.

could also consider "Rotay huay aate hain sab hansta hua jo ...."
from Muqaddar ka Sikandar

spocK

Irfan Ahmed

Jun 30, 1995, 3:00:00 AM6/30/95

>: In article <3svquk$p...@huxley.anu.edu.au> jxs...@huxley.anu.edu.au (Jaireth Subhash) writes:
>: >I am researching on the culture of scooters in India. Would anyone
>: >name some hindi films in which scooters and/or motorbikes have been
>: >used to set scenes such as songs, romance etc.

POssibly one of the most popular incidents of the usage of a motorcycle
was the use of a Rajdoot GTS (remember those little things?) by Rishi Kapoor
to elope with Dimple in Bobby.

The bike became wildly popular theerafter, being in particular demand
with romantic wannabees.

In some parts of the country, it was even referred to as the Rajdoot Bobby.

BTW, I was surprised to see Bobby missing from the list of all time
great movies. It was a mass hysteria phenomenon in its time.

Regards.
Irfan.

Ikram Ahmed Khan

Jun 30, 1995, 3:00:00 AM6/30/95
Jaireth Subhash (jxs...@huxley.anu.edu.au) wrote:
: I am researching on the culture of scooters in India. Would anyone
: name some hindi films in which scooters and/or motorbikes have been
: used to set scenes such as songs, romance etc.

In India, we distinguish between scooters and motorcycles or mobikes. Most
of the followups that you have received are about motorcycles. Please
specify which one you are referring to ...

As for scooters( by Indian standards), me remembers a song in a Farooque
Shaikh movie but right now I can't remember the film name or the song name.

Bobby Nayar

Jun 30, 1995, 3:00:00 AM6/30/95
sp...@lumen.ee.tufts.edu (Da ChieF) wrote:

>Modena Software (mod...@netcom.com) wrote:
>: In article <3svquk$p...@huxley.anu.edu.au> jxs...@huxley.anu.edu.au (Jaireth Subhash) writes:
>: >I am researching on the culture of scooters in India. Would anyone
>: >name some hindi films in which scooters and/or motorbikes have been
>: >used to set scenes such as songs, romance etc.
>: >
>
>: That's avery interesting topic. I guess one of the most popularscooter
>: songs in Hindi films is "Ye dosti hum nahin chodenge" in Sholay. Many
>: more are there. Can't think of them now.
>
>: - Ram
>
>: ps: Rmimers, please note the followups.
>
>could also consider "Rotay huay aate hain sab hansta hua jo ...."
>from Muqaddar ka Sikandar
>
>spocK

Yes, the 2 songs mentioned above are 2 of my favorite Amitabh-picturized songs.
Another great motorcycle song is picturized on that dork Rajech Khanna :
"Zindagi Ek Safar He Suhana ..." from Andaz.

Nayar

Dhawal Tyagi

Jun 30, 1995, 3:00:00 AM6/30/95
In article <3t1b6g$8...@news.tamu.edu>, i0a...@venus.tamu.edu (Irfan
Ahmed) wrote:

> POssibly one of the most popular incidents of the usage of a motorcycle
> was the use of a Rajdoot GTS (remember those little things?) by Rishi Kapoor
> to elope with Dimple in Bobby.
>
> The bike became wildly popular theerafter, being in particular demand
> with romantic wannabees.
>
> In some parts of the country, it was even referred to as the Rajdoot Bobby.

Ya, in Faridabad (where it was made, and other Rajdoots also, and from where
I am), everyone used to call it Bobby motorcycle. If you said Rajdoot, it
meant the regular model. Another reason why young guys wanted it more than
the other Rajdoot model was because the regular Rajdoot model was used by
the "Doodhiyaas" to distribute the "low fat milk" ;-) so it was not as cool
(so to speak) as to drive a Bobby. Remember there were no 100cc craze at that
time. Of course I used to drive one of the best bikes, yezdi, remember some
people had there yezdi label reversed so that it read ipzah ;-)

Anyway, I tend to digress, the song zindagi ik safar... was filmed on jawa
(yezdi) motorcycle. You can find songs on scooters probably more in late 70's
upto mid 80's movies, that's when scooters became more popular, I think.
Farooq Shaikh in (I' can't remember the name right now) had a jawa (remember
the song "kaali ghodi dwar khadi". While Amitabh had an Enfield in Muqaddar
ka sikander in "rote hue aate hai sab".
Can't remember anyone driving a scooter in any songs, probably there was a
Farooq Shaikh movie, I vaguely remember.
Regards
Dhawal

--
Programmer/Analyst
Communications Networks Services

rg_____:

Jun 30, 1995, 3:00:00 AM6/30/95
|> >: >I am researching on the culture of scooters in India. Would anyone
|> >: >name some hindi films in which scooters and/or motorbikes have been
|> >: >used to set scenes such as songs, romance etc.
|> >: >
|> >
|> >: That's avery interesting topic. I guess one of the most popularscooter
|> >: songs in Hindi films is "Ye dosti hum nahin chodenge" in Sholay. Many
|> >: more are there. Can't think of them now.
|> >
|> >: - Ram
|> >
|> >: ps: Rmimers, please note the followups.
|> >
|> >could also consider "Rotay huay aate hain sab hansta hua jo ...."
|> >from Muqaddar ka Sikandar
|> >
|> >spocK
|>
|> Yes, the 2 songs mentioned above are 2 of my favorite Amitabh-picturized songs.
|> Another great motorcycle song is picturized on that dork Rajech Khanna :
|> "Zindagi Ek Safar He Suhana ..." from Andaz.
|>
|> Nayar

Other songs I can think of are:

1. Dahleez ( Jackie, meenakshi) - Can't remember the wording (Mahemdra Kapoor
and anuradha Paudwal, I think)

2. Ek Jaan Hai Hum ( Farooque Shaik ) - I think it is the title song.

3. Deewana Tera Deewana ( Kabhi Haan Kabhi naa) - Partly on motorcycle.

Just a note; this is just about scooter songs; so kindly refrain from calling
actors dorks etc. if you don't like them just keep it to yourself and if
you want send a mail with the title - ---- is a dork; so that guys who are
least interested in this sort of crap can be spared of it.

RG

If I love you, what business is it of yours?

The only function of economic forecasting is to make astrology look
respectable.

Renal Bhalakia

Jun 30, 1995, 3:00:00 AM6/30/95

If I am not wrong then
Jalwa starring Nasuriddn Shah and Archanan Puran Singh had also
many sequences filmed on the motercycle.

Also One can't forget the QSQT (Qayamat Se Qayamat Tak)
*ing Aaamir Khan, Juhi Chawla etc.etc. also had some sequences filmed on
motercycle.
--
Renal

Do-Re-Me-Fa-So-La-Ti

Neeraj Deshmukh

Jun 30, 1995, 3:00:00 AM6/30/95
RG: wrote:

:> Rote hue aate hai sab (Amitabh,. Muqaddar ka sikander)
:> Zindagi ek safar hai... (Rajesh Khanna, Andaaz)

:> Other songs I can think of are:

:> 1. Dahleez ( Jackie, meenakshi) - Can't remember the wording (Mahemdra
:> Kapoor and anuradha Paudwal, I think)
:> 2. Ek Jaan Hai Hum ( Farooque Shaik ) - I think it is the title song.

"Ek jaan hai hum" had 'Chimpu' Rajeev Kapoor, but Farooque rides
a scooter in 'Saath Saath' (can't recall any songs on scooter there, though).

:> 3. Deewana Tera Deewana ( Kabhi Haan Kabhi naa) - Partly on motorcycle.

Some more...

* Ek raasta hai zindagi... (Shashi; Kaala Patthar)
* Doston ko salaam... (Sunjay Dutt; Rocky)
* Pyaare lagaawat... (Farooque, Ravi Vaswani, Rakesh Bedi; Chashm-e-baddoor)
* Koi na koi chaahiye... (Shah Rukh; Deewana)
* Dil dil dil... (Atul Agnihotri, Sonali Bendre; Aatish)
* Na jaane kahaan se aayi hai... (Sridevi, Sunny Deol on mobike; Chaalbaz)
and many more...

Incidentally, songs on the road seems to be a perennial favorite of our
moviemakers... I can easily recall songs sung in buses, trains, cars and
of course ghoda-gaadi and bail-gaadis (O P Naiyar made half a career out
of these) ;-)

Here's one example of each:

Bicycles: There's already another thread following these...
Horseback: Rakesh Roshan --- Aaj un se pahli mulaaqat hogi...
Car: Navin Nischol --- Tum jo mil gaye ho...
Bus: Amitabh in Bombay to Goa --- Dekha na haay re...
Train: Rishi in Zamane ko dikhaana hai --- Hoga tum se pyaara kaun
Ghodagaadi: Zillions of Shammi Kapoor songs (Tum sa naheen dekha etc etc etc)
Bailgaadi: Jeetubhai, Asha Parekh in Caravan --- Goriya kahaan tera des re...
Boat: Here there is a minor classifiction

Chhotu naav: Rajesh K in 'chingaari koi bhaDke',
Joy Mukerji in 'Dil tera deewana hai sanam' and so on...
Big boats: Parveen Babi in 'Raat baaki, baat baaki' --- Namak Halaal

"One for the road" is indeed too little for apna fillum hero-heroines to
sing... :-)

Ciao,

ND
--
\___Neeraj Deshmukh________________...@engc.bu.edu_____/
| |

S.Jagadish

Jul 1, 1995, 3:00:00 AM7/1/95
> I guess one of the most popularscooter
> : songs in Hindi films is "Ye dosti hum nahin chodenge" in Sholay. Many
> : more are there. Can't think of them now.

Me thot AB and Dharmendra were on a mo-bike !

/ \
S.Jagadish
Computer Engg Year 2 Nanyang Technological University Singapore
Undergrad student from India : E-Mail : SF91...@NTUVAX.NTU.AC.SG
Die hard Kamal Hassan visiri ... from Kalatthur Kannama to Shuba Sankalpam !!
On the WEB - Mayajaal : http://www2.ntu.ac.sg:8000/~sf918168/mayajaal.html
\_____________________________________________________________________________/

S.Jagadish

Jul 2, 1995, 3:00:00 AM7/2/95
What was that song in Ek Duje Ke Liye - Kamal and Rati on the bike ... was it
Hum Bane Tum Bane Ek Duje Ke Liye ?

Christine S Ng

Jul 2, 1995, 3:00:00 AM7/2/95
In article <1995Jul...@omega.ntu.ac.sg>, sf91...@omega.ntu.ac.sg (S.Jagadish) writes:
|> What was that song in Ek Duje Ke Liye - Kamal and Rati on the bike ... was it
|> Hum Bane Tum Bane Ek Duje Ke Liye ?
|> --

I haven't seen that movie myself so I can't answer your question.
But can you tell us more about that movie.

Christine

S.Jagadish

Jul 3, 1995, 3:00:00 AM7/3/95
> |> Hum Bane Tum Bane Ek Duje Ke Liye ?
> |> --
>
> I haven't seen that movie myself so I can't answer your question.
> But can you tell us more about that movie.

Well the movie is a remake of a Telugu film : Maro Charitra. The Hindi version
stars Kamal Hassan and Rati Agnihotri. In the days when Amitabh ruled as the
"Angry Young Man", this movie was a love story ... of a South Indian fella
fallin in love with a Mumbaite (forgot !). Had really good songs. Directed by
K.Balachander (Tamil) who also made Maro Charitra. And of course it had Kamal !

Jagadish

SAJEL PATEL

Jul 4, 1995, 3:00:00 AM7/4/95
In article <3svquk$p...@huxley.anu.edu.au>, jxs...@huxley.anu.edu.au
(Jaireth Subhash) says:
>I am researching on the culture of scooters in India. Would anyone
>name some hindi films in which scooters and/or motorbikes have been
>used to set scenes such as songs, romance etc.
In sholay a motorbike is used in a song and in a few other parts of the
film, it a motorbike with a side car....Sajel

EA1INTEL

Jul 6, 1995, 3:00:00 AM7/6/95

gvr@netcom

Jul 8, 1995, 3:00:00 AM7/8/95
Please note the followups, which are the only newsgroups where your
replies will appear. . Many usenet veterans with wisdom gained from
years of reading usenet articles have asserted that the appropriate
newsgroups for discussion of Indian films are those within the
rec.arts.movies hierarchy and feel that there is no need for an indian
movie newsgroup inspite of having been demonstrated the need for it.
Hence this article is
being xposted to that hierarchy also. Be sure to include the rec.arts.movie
newsgroups in all future articles related to Indian *MOVIES*.

In article <DAzqyL.DK4@da_vinci.ecte.uswc.uswest.com>,

Sanjay <sg...@ecte.uswc.uswest.com> wrote:
>Modena Software (mod...@netcom.com) wrote:
>: In article <3svquk$p...@huxley.anu.edu.au>
>: jxs...@huxley.anu.edu.au (Jaireth Subhash) writes:

>: >I am researching on the culture of scooters in India. Would anyone

>: >name some hindi films in which scooters and/or motorbikes have been
>: >used to set scenes such as songs, romance etc.

>: >

Are there any Tamil/Telugu movies with scooter and sidecarriage action
scenes or psuedo stunts like in Sholay? Can junta name some
movies with really large number of vehicles trashed in action scenes.

On a totally unrelated note, are there any actors besides Amitabh who
have come close to death ("Coolie") because of accidents while
"acting"? (Did he really come close to death or was it a publicity
stunt?). I have heard it mentioned of some villain (Pran or Ajit?)
losing a toe while doing a "railway track" stunt. Any truth to this?

thanx

Sivakumar Ravada

Jul 8, 1995, 3:00:00 AM7/8/95
gvr@netcom writes:
>In article <DAzqyL.DK4@da_vinci.ecte.uswc.uswest.com>,
>Sanjay <sg...@ecte.uswc.uswest.com> wrote:
>>Modena Software (mod...@netcom.com) wrote:
>>: In article <3svquk$p...@huxley.anu.edu.au>
>>: jxs...@huxley.anu.edu.au (Jaireth Subhash) writes:
>>: >I am researching on the culture of scooters in India. Would anyone
>>: >name some hindi films in which scooters and/or motorbikes have been
>>: >used to set scenes such as songs, romance etc.
>>

>On a totally unrelated note, are there any actors besides Amitabh who
>have come close to death ("Coolie") because of accidents while
>"acting"? (Did he really come close to death or was it a publicity
>stunt?). I have heard it mentioned of some villain (Pran or Ajit?)
>losing a toe while doing a "railway track" stunt. Any truth to this?

I think Dharamendra was said to have been attacked by the lion/tiger in
one of his movies (he was a shikari in that). Nargis was rescued by
Sunil Dutt in the shooting of Mother India (after which they got
married). in Coolie, Big B did get seriously injured by the edge of the
table or some other furniture. I still remember in high school, his
address in hospital was floating around and that one could send cards
to his hospital address. etc etc.

Railway track thing, in YaadoN ki Baaraat, Ajit gets killed finally
with his leg in the railway track when they change the track.

regards,
-- PD

Sivakumar Ravada

Jul 8, 1995, 3:00:00 AM7/8/95
S.Jagadish writes:

>> I haven't seen that movie myself so I can't answer your question.
>> But can you tell us more about that movie.
>
>Well the movie is a remake of a Telugu film: Maro Charitra. The Hindi version
>stars Kamal Hassan and Rati Agnihotri. In the days when Amitabh ruled as the
>"Angry Young Man", this movie was a love story ... of a South Indian fella
>fallin in love with a Mumbaite (forgot !). Had really good songs. Directed by
>K.Balachander(Tamil)who also made Maro Charitra. And of course it had Kamal !

guys, I was just thinking, why not make a list of movies that are
remakes from some other movie of other language (or same).

Old movie New movie
========= =========
1. Mamta Dard (Khanna) [ only the sex of the
character is interchanged,
even dialogues are choro-ed]
2. ? Roja (Hindi)
3. Maro Charitra(Telugu) Ek Duje ke Liye (Hindi)
4. ? Nache Mayuri (Hindi)
5.
6.
7.
8.
9.
10.

Start filling it up!!

-- Pintu Diwana

Ashok

Jul 8, 1995, 3:00:00 AM7/8/95
gvr@netcom <@ ^ @> wrote:

>On a totally unrelated note, are there any actors besides Amitabh who
>have come close to death ("Coolie") because of accidents while
>"acting"? (Did he really come close to death or was it a publicity
>stunt?). I have heard it mentioned of some villain (Pran or Ajit?)
>losing a toe while doing a "railway track" stunt. Any truth to this?
>
>thanx

One account I have heard: While shooting the famous fire sequence for
Mother India, Nargis got caught in a potentially dangerous situation and
Sunil Dutt risked injury to himself to get her out. It's supposed to be
the starting point for the romance which led to perhaps one of the
happiest industry marriages. I have no idea whether the anecdote is
apocryphal.

Ashok

Sunil Kabra

Jul 8, 1995, 3:00:00 AM7/8/95
In article <3tmot5$i...@minerva.worldbank.org>, Ashok <ADhar...@worldbank.org> writes...

>One account I have heard: While shooting the famous fire sequence for
>Mother India, Nargis got caught in a potentially dangerous situation and
>Sunil Dutt risked injury to himself to get her out. It's supposed to be
>the starting point for the romance which led to perhaps one of the
>happiest industry marriages....

and the most unhappy son. First he fell to drugs. After recovering, he
married a very good looking sexy chick. Turns out she had a brain tumour.
Then these Bombay blasts. He is now in a hospital after spending one year
in a prison.

Ashok

Jul 9, 1995, 3:00:00 AM7/9/95
> Start filling it up!!
>
> -- Pintu Diwana

From Kannada
5. Gejje pooje Ahista Ahista
6. Mane Ek Ghar
7. Tabbaliye Neenade Magane Godhuli
8. Hamsa Geete Basant Bahar

(Based on the novel of the same name; Hindi version came earlier)
From Marathi
9. PaaTh Laag Mera Saya
10. (I forget the name) Bawarchi (Far inferior)

Ashok

Sivakumar Ravada

Jul 9, 1995, 3:00:00 AM7/9/95
Ashok writes:
>gvr@netcom <@ ^ @> wrote:
>>
>>On a totally unrelated note, are there any actors besides Amitabh who
>>have come close to death ("Coolie") because of accidents while
>>"acting"? (Did he really come close to death or was it a publicity
>>stunt?). I have heard it mentioned of some villain (Pran or Ajit?)
>>losing a toe while doing a "railway track" stunt. Any truth to this?
>>
>>thanx
>
>One account I have heard: While shooting the famous fire sequence for
>Mother India, Nargis got caught in a potentially dangerous situation and
>Sunil Dutt risked injury to himself to get her out. It's supposed to be
>the starting point for the romance which led to perhaps one of the
>happiest industry marriages. I have no idea whether the anecdote is
>apocryphal.
>
>Ashok

That is true, Ashok, that is what I have read in Filmfare long time
back, that is how they ended up together

-- PD

Vaithu Sudarsan

Jul 9, 1995, 3:00:00 AM7/9/95
In article <gvrDBE...@netcom.com>, gvr@netcom <@ ^ @> wrote:

>On a totally unrelated note, are there any actors besides Amitabh who
>have come close to death ("Coolie") because of accidents while
>"acting"? (Did he really come close to death or was it a publicity
>stunt?). I have heard it mentioned of some villain (Pran or Ajit?)
>losing a toe while doing a "railway track" stunt. Any truth to this?

There was a Malayalam Superstar Hero called Jeyan. When he was
the No.1 in Malayalam he used to act in very risky scenes. Finally in a
helicopter fight scene, he was holding the bottom of the flying
helicopter on both hands. Somehow, the helocipter collapsed and he lost
his life.

Beside this one, there are thousands of stunt actors who are
badly injuried or lost parts of their body and there are hundreds who
died. But it becomes big news only when the accident involves some big
hero or heroines.

You might remember Sanjay Khan who was badly injured in a fire
accident in the shooting of the TV serial Tipu Sultan.

Cheers
n^aNban (Friend)
Sudarsan

U.V Ravindra

Jul 10, 1995, 3:00:00 AM7/10/95
In article <3tmj01$l...@gold.tc.umn.edu>
rava...@gold.tc.umn.edu (Pintu Diwana) writes:

> guys, I was just thinking, why not make a list of movies that are
> remakes from some other movie of other language (or same).
>
> Old movie New movie
> ========= =========
> 1. Mamta Dard (Khanna) [ only the sex of the
> character is interchanged,
> even dialogues are choro-ed]
> 2. ? Roja (Hindi)

^^^^^^
Roja (Tamil) [Shashi, forgot the 'Rosa/Roza/Roja' lesson,
already? :-) :) :)]

> 3. Maro Charitra(Telugu) Ek Duje ke Liye (Hindi)
> 4. ? Nache Mayuri (Hindi)

^^^^^
Mayoori (Telugu)

> Start filling it up!!
>
> -- Pintu Diwana

I can add only a few:

5. Missamma (Telugu) --> Missiamma (Tamil) --> Miss Mary (Hindi)
(Film with Gemini Ganesan and Padmini? in Hindi,
which was originally N.T. Rama Rao (I think) and B. Saroja Devi?
in Telugu and Gemini Ganesan (I am sure) and B. Saroja Devi? in
Telugu/Tamil. Has a nice song by Rafi:
'yeh mard baD.e dil sar
baD.e be_dard chalo ji manaa~~
mardoN ka phir bhi GHulaam hai zamaanaa!)
6. PaataLa Bhairavi (Telugu) && something in Tamil --> Paatal
Bhairavi (Hindi) (Original film made by V. Chakrapani/B. Nagi
Reddi for Vijaya Vauhini Productions. Starred Gemini Ganesan in
Tamil and NTR in Telugu. Remade "shadily" in Hindi, starring
Jeetubhai and Jayaprada. I don't know the actresses in
Tamil/Telugu.)

7. "Something" Simhaasanamu (Telugu *ing Krishna) --> Singhaasan
(starring Jeetubhai).

There's also a Telugu Original of the Hindi film which has the song
'jeet jaayeNge ham jeet jaayeNge ham
tu agar saNg hai ...
zindagi har qadam ik nayi jang hai"
Is the Hindi film called "Meri Jung?"

The hero in the Telugu original is Sobhan Babu ["husband" of Puratchi
Thalaivi Selvi (Miss) Dr. J. Jayalalitha :) :) :)] and there's a song
which has the same tune as the above. The film has some strange name,
which I can't remember for the heaven of me! Ask in
Soc.Culture.Indian.Telugu or whatever is the Telugu newsgroup.

Actually, there's a lot of Telugu films that were remade in Hindi
during the 1985-1987 period. It'll be along list, methinks, that
Pintu has started.

Ravindra.

Vandana

Jul 10, 1995, 3:00:00 AM7/10/95
uvr@tata_elxsi.soft.net (U.V Ravindra)

>5. Missamma (Telugu) --> Missiamma (Tamil) --> Miss Mary (Hindi)
> (Film with Gemini Ganesan and Padmini? in Hindi,
> which was originally N.T. Rama Rao (I think) and B. Saroja Devi?
> in Telugu and Gemini Ganesan (I am sure) and B. Saroja Devi? in
> Telugu/Tamil. Has a nice song by Rafi:
> 'yeh mard baD.e dil sar
> baD.e be_dard chalo ji manaa~~
> mardoN ka phir bhi GHulaam hai zamaanaa!)

"Missiamma" (Tamil) starred Gemini Ganeshan and Savitri and "Missamma"
(Telugu) starred NTR and Savitri. The Hindi remake "Miss Mary"
starred Gemini Ganeshan (!) and Meena Kumari. (What a let down
when compared to Savitri!) The music for the Hindi version is
by Hemant Kumar even though some scores have been directly lifted
from the Tamil/Telugu version. The music for the Tamil/Telugu
version is by Ghantasala. (Am I right?)
Anyway, I really like the songs in the Hindi version too, here's
the list:

1) o raat ke musaafir (Rafi, Lata)
2) so gaya saara zamana (Lata)
3) brindavan ka krishna kanhaiya (Rafi, Lata & chorus)
4) sakhi ri sun boli (Asha, Lata)
5) yeh mard baDe (Rafi)
6) gaana na aaya bajaana na aaya (KK)
7) yeh mard baDe (Lata)
8) saiyan lag ja gale (Lata)

"brindavan ka krishna kanhaiya" is a direct adaptation of Tamil
"brindavanamum nandakumaranum" and "O raat ke musaafir" is a
not-so-obvious adaptation of "vaaraayo vennillaave kelaayo engal
kadhaye". I do not have the list of songs in Tamil, but I am sure
Preetham has it, so kindly oblige!

Vandana.
__ _ _ __
\ \/ / Vandana Venkatesan
\ /\ / vven...@pcocd2.intel.com
\/ \/ "lambi uDaan hai, pankhon pe jaan hai,
------ aage toofaan hai, jaa na kaheen"

Kuntal Shah

Jul 11, 1995, 3:00:00 AM7/11/95

I remember there was a Hindi movie starring Farooq Shaikh and Mausami
Chatterjee and also Geeta Siddarth ( and Dr.Sriram Lagoo too ? ). The story
is that Mausami is daughter of a devdasi (Geeta) and Farooq has come to
same village to his "mama" ( Dr. Lagoo )'s place. I have seen a regional
movie on ditto story but forgetting what was the language. Forgetting the
name of Hindi version also, although it had some good songs.

Also, "Jawani Zindabad" was a remake of some South Indian movie. And
"Saaheb" too, I guess.

Add to the list:

(Tamil)Nayakan -> Dayavan
(Tamil)Agninakshtaram -> Vansh
(Punjabi) Haq meher - Sanam Bewfa
(Marathi) Maaherchi Saadi - Saajan ka ghar

-Kuntal.

-Kuntal.

Pavan Kumar Desikan

Jul 11, 1995, 3:00:00 AM7/11/95
Vandana (vven...@pcocd2.intel.com) wrote:

: by Hemant Kumar even though some scores have been directly lifted

: from the Tamil/Telugu version. The music for the Tamil/Telugu
: version is by Ghantasala. (Am I right?)

Nope. I think the MD is S.Rajeswara Rao. Hemant Kumar directly lifted the
tune for "Brindavan ka krishna kanhaiyaa" but he acknowledged the
original MD and is supposed to have said " The tune was so good that I
felt any tampering with it would be an insult to music"

: Anyway, I really like the songs in the Hindi version too, here's
: the list:
Me too. I like all the songs except "gaana na aaya"(no offense meant to
KKKlaners). I fell this song is really out of place among the other
melodius songs in the movie. I esp like the childlike voice of Lata in the
song "So gayaa saara zamaana", Lata's voice in this songs reminds me of
NoorJehan in the song "Saanwariyaa, tohe koi pukare"(One of Sami's, Vish's
and my favorites of NoorJehan)

--
Pavan Kumar Desikan
Department of Computer Science, Duke University, Durham, NC 27708-0129

Pavan Kumar Desikan

Jul 11, 1995, 3:00:00 AM7/11/95
S.Jagadish (sf91...@omega.ntu.ac.sg) wrote:
: > 5. Missamma (Telugu) --> Missiamma (Tamil) --> Miss Mary (Hindi)

: > (Film with Gemini Ganesan and Padmini? in Hindi,

: Not Padmini ... Savitri

It is not savitri either. It is Jamunaa

: --

: _____________________________________________________________________________
: / \
: \_____________________________________________________________________________/

S.Jagadish

Jul 11, 1995, 3:00:00 AM7/11/95
> 5. Missamma (Telugu) --> Missiamma (Tamil) --> Miss Mary (Hindi)
> (Film with Gemini Ganesan and Padmini? in Hindi,

Not Padmini ... Savitri

Vandana

Jul 12, 1995, 3:00:00 AM7/12/95
Pavan K Desikan writes:

=>: > 5. Missamma (Telugu) --> Missiamma (Tamil) --> Miss Mary (Hindi)
=>: > (Film with Gemini Ganesan and Padmini? in Hindi,
=>
=>: Not Padmini ... Savitri
=>
=>It is not savitri either. It is Jamunaa

Well, yes, Jamuna did act in the movie, but SAVITRI _IS_ "MISSIAMMA".
It is Savitri's role that Meena Kumari plays in the Hindi version.
I think Jamuna retained her role in Hindi also. Savitri's acting
is brilliant. In the Telugu version A.Nageshwara Rao played the
second hero (Jamuna's partner, so to say). I do not remember the name
of the person who played that part in Tamil.

One of my friends once told me that this movie is far ahead of
its times, and I tend to agree. It is not often that a movie
in those times dealt with a working woman who took her career
seriously and intercaste marriage (even though Gemini and Savitri
were not actually married). The movie itself is not grim or serious
but it is delightfully humorous and the music is excellent! All in
all, this movie is a gem and definitely worth watching.

Manish M Mavani

Jul 13, 1995, 3:00:00 AM7/13/95
Kuntal Shah (kuntal@damayanti) wrote:
: (Marathi) Maaherchi Saadi - Saajan ka ghar
: -Kuntal.

The above film has been remade in many other languages.

Few additions in the list

Kasak( *ng Rishi, Neelam ) --- ????
Shankarabharnam (sp?) --- ????
Damini --- ????
etc ..

--------------
Manish Mavani

Rajiv Shridhar

Jul 13, 1995, 3:00:00 AM7/13/95
In <9507101845.AA12303@tata_elxsi.soft.net>, uvr@tata_elxsi.soft.net wrote:
: In article <3tmj01$l...@gold.tc.umn.edu>
: rava...@gold.tc.umn.edu (Pintu Diwana) writes:
: >
: > Old movie New movie

: > ========= =========
: > 1. Mamta Dard (Khanna) [ only the sex of the
: > 2. ? Roja (Hindi)

: ^^^^^^
: Roja (Tamil) [Shashi, forgot the 'Rosa/Roza/Roja' lesson,
: already? :-) :) :)]
: > 3. Maro Charitra(Telugu) Ek Duje ke Liye (Hindi)
: > 4. ? Nache Mayuri (Hindi)
: ^^^^^
: Mayoori (Telugu)
: >
[...]

Jeetendra made a lot of movies based on Telugu films (and Tamil?)
during this period, if I recall correctly. He had even purchased
a large house in Madras because he spent a lot of time there.
Unfortunately, most of the movies were so forgettable (although
moderately successful, mainly due to the female lead ; ha!!) that
I don't remember most of the names. I *do* remember the movie
where he sang with Sridevi 'Ice-cream khaaogii, Naa naa!!'. Was it
called Himmatwala? Can someone recall the Telugu original of this
movie, and others of this genre?
What about "...something Chaudhary" (*ing Nageswara Rao)? Wasn't
the Hindi remake of that *ing Jeetubhai called Chaudhary Saahab?

Also, did Yamagola's Hindi version have the same name? I recall
Naarad being played by Asrani in the Hindi version (Chandramohan
in the Telugu version....). Boy, have I forgotten a lot of stuff?!!

- Rajiv

--
Rajiv Shridhar, Computer Systems Engineering, Northeastern University

Kuntal Shah

Jul 13, 1995, 3:00:00 AM7/13/95
In article <3u368h$2...@chaos.dac.neu.edu> ra...@elvis.coe.neu.edu (Rajiv Shridhar) writes:

_______WARNING : THIS POST IS INJURIOUS TO AVERAGE RMIMer'S HEALTH_________

Rajiv>> Jeetendra made a lot of movies based on Telugu films (and
Rajiv>> Tamil?) during this period, if I recall correctly. He had even
Rajiv>> purchased a large house in Madras because he spent a lot of
Rajiv>> time there. Unfortunately, most of the movies were so
Rajiv>> forgettable (although moderately successful, mainly due to the
Rajiv>> female lead ; ha!!) that I don't remember most of the names. I
Rajiv>> *do* remember the movie where he sang with Sridevi 'Ice-cream
Rajiv>> khaaogii, Naa naa!!'.

... rest of text deleted ...

Want me to name some of movies made in that period, starring Jeetendra ?

Himmatwala, Justice Chaudhury, Mavaali, Tohfa, Hoshiyar, Sarfarosh,
Patal Bhairavi, Akalmand, Kaidi, Maqsad, Singhasan ...

and I am sure some are still left out.

BTW, "Ice-cream khaaogii" was in Justice Chaudhury. Himmatwala included
the song "NainoN maiN sapna...".

Himmatwala - Jeetu, Sri ( NainoN maiN sapna sapnoN maiN sajna )
Justice Chaudhury - Jeetu, Sri, Hema ( Pyar ki gaaDi tej chalao )
Mavaali - Jeetu, Sri, JayaP ( ZonpaDi maiN charpai )
Tohfa - Jeetu, Sri, JayaP ( Pyar ka tohfa tera )
Hoshiyar - Jeetu, Sri ( Gussa chhoD dil na toD bigaD na ghaDi ghaDi)
Sarfarosh - Jeetu, Sri ( Sridevi o Sridevi Sridevi tu nahiN )
Patal Bhairavi - Jeetu, Jaya, Dimple ( Dimple's song - chumma chumma )
Akalmand - Jeetu, ???
Kaidi - Jeetu, Madhavi ( Bango bango bango )
Maqsad - Jeetu, RaheshK, Sri, JayaP ( Devi o devi tu banja meri biwi )
Singhasan - Jeetu, ???

In almost all movies Bappi Lahiri was the MD and many of these songs
are sung by KK.

- Kuntal.

Kuntal Shah

Jul 13, 1995, 3:00:00 AM7/13/95

In article <KUNTAL.95Jul13193837@damayanti> kuntal@damayanti (Kuntal Shah) writes:
>>Maqsad - Jeetu, RaheshK, Sri, JayaP ( Devi o devi tu banja meri biwi )
^^^^^^^

Sorry, that was meant to be Rajesh Khanna. It was funny seeing Sridevi
paired with him. Another such movie where these two were together was
Masterji.

-Kuntal.

Ikram Ahmed Khan

Jul 13, 1995, 3:00:00 AM7/13/95
Rajiv Shridhar (ra...@elvis.coe.neu.edu) wrote:

: In <9507101845.AA12303@tata_elxsi.soft.net>, uvr@tata_elxsi.soft.net wrote:
: : In article <3tmj01$l...@gold.tc.umn.edu>
: : rava...@gold.tc.umn.edu (Pintu Diwana) writes:
: : >
: : > Old movie New movie
: : > ========= =========
: : > 1. Mamta Dard (Khanna) [ only the sex of the
: : > 2. ? Roja (Hindi)
: : ^^^^^^
: : Roja (Tamil) [Shashi, forgot the 'Rosa/Roza/Roja' lesson,
: : already? :-) :) :)]
He sure did forget that one. Chaliye Pintuji saath mein upgrade kara lete
hain :) Shaayad American Express type deal mil jaaye... Buy one get one
free :) :)

: Jeetendra made a lot of movies based on Telugu films (and Tamil?)
: during this period, if I recall correctly. He had even purchased
: a large house in Madras because he spent a lot of time there.
: Unfortunately, most of the movies were so forgettable (although
: moderately successful, mainly due to the female lead ; ha!!) that
: I don't remember most of the names. I *do* remember the movie
: where he sang with Sridevi 'Ice-cream khaaogii, Naa naa!!'. Was it

: called Himmatwala? Can someone recall the Telugu original of this
: movie, and others of this genre?

As far as memory serves me right the name of the movie was Justice
Chaudhry which strangely enough you cited just in the next line :)

Later,
Ikram.
: What about "...something Chaudhary" (*ing Nageswara Rao)? Wasn't

keshav Bharadwaj

Nov 13, 2021, 4:35:09 AM11/13/21

keshav Bharadwaj

Nov 13, 2021, 4:35:55 AM11/13/21
https://muvyz.com/playlist/uw28986# you will find some of the songs on scooter motorbike have fun

Fantine Reid

Dec 31, 2021, 12:07:28 AM12/31/21
On Friday, 30 June 1995 at 12:30:00 UTC+5:30, Jaireth Subhash wrote:
> I am researching on the culture of scooters in India. Would anyone
> name some hindi films in which scooters and/or motorbikes have been
> used to set scenes such as songs, romance etc.
What about 'Hoga tumse kal bhi saamna', from An Evening In Paris?