LATA MANGESHKAR - Live Interview

Sukesh

Mar 4, 2007, 10:49:52 AM3/4/07
Lata Mangeshkar's live interview on the RKB Show on Sahara Samay -
Mumbai just got concluded (8 PM to 9 PM).

The salient points she made were - possibly already known to many.

1) Favourite Composers - Khaiyyam, Madan Mohan, Sajjad Hussain, Salil
Chowdhury and Shankar Jaikishan

2) Hrishikesh Mukherjee had first approached Lata to compose the music
for Anand (1970), which she declined. According to her, it was too
much of a bother to be a composer.

3) Current singers she likes - Alka Yagnik, Suniti Chauhan, Sonu
Nigam and Udit Narayan.

4) Current composers - A R Rehman and Jatin-Lalit (before they split).

5) As the recordings these days are done in patches/parts, she says
misses the old days, when the composer(s), lyricist, fellow singer(s),
producer/director and many times the actor/actress on whom the song
was to be picturised were present. Result : better compositions.

Regards
Sukesh

vrk

Mar 4, 2007, 9:17:50 PM3/4/07

> 5) As the recordings these days are done in patches/parts, she says
> misses the old days, when the composer(s), lyricist, fellow singer(s),
> producer/director and many times the actor/actress on whom the song
> was to be picturised were present. Result : better compositions.

this is a eight month old interview - i guess this is the same one
where he keeps claiming that "hazaaron sms aa rahe hain poore desh se"
and he goes and refreshes his screen and then repeats the same
statement again. I guess he was nervous.

on the issue of recordings in patches, shaan made an interesting
point. he was asked why he sang old songs in his live concerts. he
replied that new songs because the cuts and pastes occur at such
points that is impossible to replicate at times when sung live. hence
it is safer to sing old songs rather than make a hash of your own hit
songs. how sad!

Sukesh

Mar 4, 2007, 10:24:09 PM3/4/07
On Mar 5, 7:17 am, "vrk" <kumar.vr...@gmail.com> wrote:

> this is a eight month old interview - i guess this is the same one
> where he keeps claiming that "hazaaron sms aa rahe hain poore desh se"
> and he goes and refreshes his screen and then repeats the same
> statement again. I guess he was nervous.

Yes. That must be a fact, there was no 'Live' tag on the screen. So
have changed the subject.

Regards
Sukesh

virat narwal

Apr 11, 2022, 4:09:44 AM4/11/22
Need Rkb Show interview recording of Lata Mangeshkar