Who accompanies Rafi in madhuban me.n raadhikaa naache re

shalu

Jul 26, 2002, 7:42:52 AM7/26/02
Who accompanies Rafi in madhuban me.n raadhikaa naache re?
ISB at http://www.ghazalarchive.com/isb/ASCII/1086.isb mentions only
Rafi's name
but I understand the aalaap part is done by someone else.

shalu

Harish

Jul 26, 2002, 3:11:37 PM7/26/02
shalu <this_i...@hotmail.com> wrote in message news:<3D4135BC...@hotmail.com>...

Amir Khan

HK

naniwadekar

Jul 26, 2002, 3:53:52 PM7/26/02

Harish <haris...@vsnl.com> wrote -

> > but I understand the aalaap part is done by someone else.
> >
> > shalu
>
> Amir Khan

There we go again. It is Niaz Ahmed Khan (not Amir Khan).
Do a search on rmim archives for 'kohinoor hamraaz'.

His part cannot be called 'aalaap' by any stretch of imagination.
And I say this as someone who puts almost everything in
classical music under 'aalaap' category for want of a better word.
Khan sahab's 'taans' in the Kohinoor song are breathtaking.

- dn

Afzal A. Khan

Jul 26, 2002, 8:38:15 PM7/26/02

And that is one thing I hold against Naushad and the
producer/director. By having the late funster Muqri
sing these "taans" on the screen, they in fact held up
the Ustad's art, and indeed classical singing as such,
to ridicule. It was so painful watching the audience
laughing during the song. And the way Naushad goes on
and on lamenting the demise of classy music in the
film industry ! The producer (one Dr. V.N. Sinha) was
probably a front-man. To my knowledge, he was not heard
of after "Kohinoor", if at all before that film. The
director, S.U. Sunny, was an old crony of Naushad.
He was associated with Naushad's "URan KhaTola" too.
I do believe that the chief blame for this should be laid
at Naushad's door.

Afzal

Harish

Jul 27, 2002, 12:44:07 AM7/27/02
"naniwadekar" <nan...@hotmail.com> wrote in message news:<ahs9mk$vcjbk$1...@ID-75735.news.dfncis.de>...

> Harish <haris...@vsnl.com> wrote -
> >
> > > but I understand the aalaap part is done by someone else.
> > >
> > > shalu
> >
> > Amir Khan
> >

> There we go again. It is Niaz Ahmed Khan (not Amir Khan).
> Do a search on rmim archives for 'kohinoor hamraaz'.
>
> - dn

Thx, dn. I deafly believed hamraaz's HFGK. I then looked at the
cassette inlay card. It is a shame that HMV has not given any credits
to Niaz for those great taans.

HK

naniwadekar

Jul 27, 2002, 12:09:11 PM7/27/02

Harish <haris...@vsnl.com> wrote -

> > 'madhuban mein radhika' singer Niaz Ahmed Khan (not Amir Khan).

> > - dn
>
> Thx, dn. I deafly believed hamraaz's HFGK. I then looked at the
> cassette inlay card. It is a shame that HMV has not given any credits
> to Niaz for those great taans.
>
> HK

I know ZH is called just 'Zakir'. But 'Niaz'? It sounds so derogatory.
I should doubt whether he is known for Zakir-type silly mannerisms.
I do hope you don't proceed from calling Kareem Abdul Jabbar just
Kareem to calling Kirana gharana's Abdul Karim Khan just Abdul.

NAK is neither famous enough nor insignificant enough to be called
with that degree of informality and the context also warrants
a respectful reference to him.

- dn

Harish

Jul 28, 2002, 1:39:35 AM7/28/02
"naniwadekar" <nan...@hotmail.com> wrote in message news:<ahugdl$vvge5$1...@ID-75735.news.dfncis.de>...

You do sound like a 90-year old man, though you are only 73.

HK

Uday

Jul 28, 2002, 6:10:27 PM7/28/02
Call him 'Niaz Saheb' Excellent colour to the madhuben mein song....
"Harish" <haris...@vsnl.com> wrote in message

Surajit A. Bose

Jul 29, 2002, 3:50:17 PM7/29/02
Am I the only one who finds those taans frankly ugly?

-s

In article <q0T09.20080$z22....@news-binary.blueyonder.co.uk>,

Ajit

Jul 30, 2002, 5:25:40 AM7/30/02
"Surajit A. Bose" <sb...@saintmarys.edu> wrote in message news:<sbose-722607....@news.fu-berlin.de>...

> Am I the only one who finds those taans frankly ugly?
>
> -s

Not quite :-). Though I won't call them ugly, they dont seem exactly
melodious. They seem contrived and put in for the purpose of some kind
of silly "comedy". Maybe because were picturised on Mukri.

Sanjeev Ramabhadran

Jul 30, 2002, 11:44:55 AM7/30/02
musicad...@yahoo.com (Ajit) wrote in message news:<c9042caa.02073...@posting.google.com>...

Count me in on that too...well, sort of. I think Ustad NAK has a
better "lock" on the second taan. The first sounds to me a little
messy.

Sanjeev

Uday

Jul 31, 2002, 1:33:47 AM7/31/02
not ugly when u see it in the film!
Mukhri acts them well!

"Sanjeev Ramabhadran" <sanj...@aol.com> wrote in message

Ashok

Jul 31, 2002, 2:07:10 PM7/31/02
In article <ahugdl$vvge5$1...@ID-75735.news.dfncis.de>, nan...@hotmail.com says...

Of course, the ideal person to preach about it is one who used
to sign his posts--and apparently likes to be called--"nani"!

Ashok

dipendra nath Bhowmick

Feb 1, 2024, 10:17:54 AMFeb 1
I agree. such stalwarts, often shown in lighter vein, by some old and great music directors. I have observed Manna Dey's song "Lapak jhapak tu aarey badarwa....", such heavy weight song, u cannot match with the comedy scenes, through which it is presented.

Sukesh Hoogan

Feb 5, 2024, 10:32:05 AMFeb 5
Ustad Niaz Ahmed Khan