Translation request please...

Amir Ali

Apr 8, 2001, 3:52:31 AM4/8/01
..this is going to sound silly, but I was wondering if anyone would be
so kind as to translate this one word for me. No one I know can
tell--including my parents.

The word is 'megha'.

Any help would be most appreciated.

Warmest regards,

Amir

bienfang

Apr 8, 2001, 1:05:14 PM4/8/01
it means "cloud"... comes from Sanskrit

"Amir Ali" <wooster...@canada.com> wrote in message

VSR...@mailandnews.com

Apr 8, 2001, 10:21:25 AM4/8/01

Megha is "clouds", in plural, feminine, and its singular, masculine is
"Megh" meaning "cloud".

as in "megha chhaye aadhi raat, bairan ban gayi ni.ndiya",
"kale megha paani de",

-Rawat

SKalra902

Apr 8, 2001, 9:46:42 PM4/8/01
>Megha is "clouds", in plural, feminine, and its singular, masculine is
>"Megh" meaning "cloud".

No, it is masculine, both singular and plural. 'Megh' can be both singlular
and plural. 'Megha' is just a variation, more so in poetry/lyrics.

>as in "megha chhaye aadhi raat, bairan ban gayi ni.ndiya",
>"kale megha paani de",

The lyrics to that song were "Allah megh de paanii de chhayaa de re
tu.........".

>-Rawat

Happy listenings.

Satish Kalra

Amir Ali

Apr 8, 2001, 10:12:17 PM4/8/01
Just a quick thank you for the quick and quite useful responses.
Another mystery that has bothered me since Lamhe has now been
solved.*smile*

Amir

On Sun, 8 Apr 2001 13:05:14 -0400, "bienfang" <bien...@usa.net>

VSRa...@yahoo.com

Apr 8, 2001, 10:12:29 PM4/8/01
SKalra902 wrote:

> >Megha is "clouds", in plural, feminine, and its singular, masculine is
> >"Megh" meaning "cloud".
>
> No, it is masculine, both singular and plural. 'Megh' can be both singlular
> and plural. 'Megha' is just a variation, more so in poetry/lyrics.

Oops! You are right, Kalra ji.
I got carried away as megha is name given to females.

> >as in "megha chhaye aadhi raat, bairan ban gayi ni.ndiya",
> >"kale megha paani de",
>
> The lyrics to that song were "Allah megh de paanii de chhayaa de re
> tu.........".

any more megh/megha songs?

-Rawat

Pi seeker

Sep 30, 2022, 8:16:25 AM9/30/22
Could someone translate "baran bangayi nindiya"

thank you so much
Message has been deleted

SANJEEV CHANDRAN

Dec 16, 2022, 7:52:02 AM12/16/22

SANJEEV CHANDRAN

Dec 16, 2022, 7:52:22 AM12/16/22
On Friday, September 30, 2022 at 1:16:25 PM UTC+1, Pi seeker wrote:
sleep has become the enemy

SANJEEV CHANDRAN

Dec 16, 2022, 7:53:11 AM12/16/22

> > Could someone translate "baran bangayi nindiya"

Sleep has become the enemy