Need: lyrics of Pakeezah song - Najariya ki mari mori mori gunyaa-n

Ek Tanhaa

Nov 18, 2003, 6:38:58 AM11/18/03
Dosto,

Can someone help with the first line of this Pakeezah song...

Najar ka vaar to dil pe tarpne ??????(chard) dee
chali thee barchi kisi par, kisi ko aan lagi

Najariya ki maari Hai
Najariya ki maari mori mori gu-eeyaa-n

Shukir

Tanhaa

Pulkit

Nov 18, 2003, 10:28:35 AM11/18/03
Tanh...@yahoo.com (Ek Tanhaa) wrote in message news:<2face59a.03111...@posting.google.com>...

> Dosto,
>

> Can someone help with the first line of this Pakeezah song...
>

> Najar ka vaar to dil pe tarpne ??????(chard) dee
> chali thee barchi kisi par, kisi ko aan lagi

I guess it should be-

najar kaa vaar thaa dil pe ta~Nap nachaadii
chalii thii barChii kisii par kisii ko aan lagii

Ek Tanhaa

Nov 19, 2003, 10:44:48 AM11/19/03
pulkit_s...@yahoo.com (Pulkit) wrote in message news:<19c7ef92.03111...@posting.google.com>...

Pulki tbhai,

abhe bhee sumajh main nahai aata ??

.......ta-Np na chaadi

I grew up in Allahbad UP and do understand the local dialact , but this
is not making sense. Can some one please explain ??

Tanhaa

Urzung Khan

Nov 19, 2003, 5:27:36 PM11/19/03

Another Guess (Have not heard the song)

ta-Np na chaadi:
for ta-Np take ta.Dap.Treat na as ne.
Combine ta.Dap and ne to make ta.Dapane,
if necessary. Split chaadi to chaa dii.
chaa does not make any sense here, so go
for shah ( to tempt)
najar kaa vaar thaa dil pe ta.Dap ne shah dii
Now listen the song again.

Urzung Khan

Yogesh Sethi

Nov 20, 2003, 3:35:28 PM11/20/03
Urzung Khan <urz...@hotmail.com> wrote in message news:<3FBBEE58...@hotmail.com>...

The word here is 'nachaan' from 'nachaanaa'(dancing). Rajkumari does
not pronunce 'n' as strongly in the first line as in the second one
but it is there. Also, in the second line it is 'barchh' not
'barchhii'.

najar kaa vaar thaa dil pe ta.Dap nachaan lagii
chalii thii barchh kisii par kisii ko aan lagii

This complies both with the meaning as well as the meter.

-Yogesh Sethi

vnp1...@gmail.com

Sep 17, 2013, 3:38:41 PM9/17/13
On Tuesday, November 18, 2003 5:08:59 PM UTC+5:30, Tanhaa wrote:
> Dosto,Can someone help with the first line of this Pakeezah song... Najar ka vaar to dil pe tarpne ??????(chard) dee chali thee barchi kisi par, kisi ko aan lagiNajariya ki maari Hai Najariya ki maari mori mori gu-eeyaa-n.........Shukir Tanhaa

I think its as follows

Najar ka vaar tha..
Dil pe tadap najaan uthi...

chali thi barchi kisi par
kisi ko aan lagi...

najariya ki mari mari mori "GUINYAAN"

What do you mean by the last word?
Message has been deleted

Prem Joshi

Sep 18, 2013, 10:34:36 AM9/18/13
Guinyaan means saheli , girl friend of a girl

PJ

chitr...@gmail.com

Jan 26, 2016, 3:58:41 AM1/26/16
Guiyyan means "Gudiya" - an endearment meaning doll used for a girl.

chitr...@gmail.com

Jan 26, 2016, 4:01:31 AM1/26/16
Najar ka vaar kha
Dil pe tadapne jaan lagi
Chali thhi barchh /parchh
Kisi par
Kisi ko aan lagi

I don't know what barchh or parchh means!

Naseer

Jan 26, 2016, 8:25:40 AM1/26/16
It is "barchhii".

H برچهي बर्छी, बरछी barćhī (dim. of barćha, q.v.), s.f. Small spear; spear, lance, javelin, dart:—barćhī-bardār, s.m. Spearman, lancer.

Naseer

courtc...@gmail.com

Nov 12, 2016, 3:02:06 AM11/12/16
नज़र का वार था दिल पे, तड़पने जान लगी,
चली थी बरछी किस पे, किसी को आन लगी.

shivakant...@gmail.com

Nov 25, 2016, 11:23:20 AM11/25/16
नज़र का वार था दिल पे, तड़पने जान लगी,
चली थी बरछी किसी पे, किसी को आन लगी।।
नजरिया की मारी, मरी मोरी गुइयां।
कोई जरा जाके बैद बुलाओ,
आके धरे मोरी नारी, हाए राम,
आके धरे मोरी नारी।
नजरिया की मारी, मरी मोरी गुइयां।।

Harsh Nevatia

Feb 8, 2024, 12:16:38 AMFeb 8
20 years too late, but if you are still around.

The love darts were released from his eyes and the torment of her heart revealed the wound
The love darts were meant for someone else, but my friend became the victim.

My friend succumbed to the love darts

The rest is straightforward

Check out my blogs
https://bollywoodtranslations.blogspot.com/2009/