Raag for the ghazal "Hoshwalon Ko Khabar Kya"

Abhijit Patait

Jul 28, 2002, 11:06:20 PM7/28/02
Can someone tell me the raag (or if it's a mixture, the predominant raag)
for Jagjit Singh's ghazal "Hoshwalon Ko Khabar Kya" from the movie
Sarfarosh? The notes are

n S R M D n S' S' n D P M G R S

The aaroh is very close to that of Gorakh Kalyan; however, it does not sound
like Gorakh Kalyan. Also it has a predominant G (which is a significant
departure from Gorakh Kalyan).

Thanks

sumantks...@gmail.com

Oct 14, 2016, 4:36:21 AM10/14/16
Even I thought its Gorakh kalyaN how ever departs from the main structure... looks like just some mix raag with a kaLyan as a base...

mad...@gmail.com

Jun 18, 2019, 2:13:37 AM6/18/19
It's Rageshri I think

Abhijit M

Jul 13, 2021, 8:15:44 AM7/13/21
It is not really based on any particular raag, but you can say it is very loosely based on Raag Rageshree (i think so).