Concerts in DFW area

Harsha Chakravarti

Jun 21, 1997, 3:00:00 AM6/21/97

Indian Classical Circle of DFW(Dallas-Fort Worth) presents the following
concerts --
1. Viraj Amar (Hindustani Vocal) on June 28th 1997 at 7:00 pm.
2. Music Festival of India -- Part I--
Vilayat Khan on Sitar -- on Sept 27th at the Morton Meyerson
Symphony center in Dallas
3. Music festival of India -- Part II --
Ajoy Chakraborty (Hindustani Vocal), Mashkoor Ali Khan (vocal)
and Debashish Bhattacharya (Guitar) on Oct 11 and 12th at the
Dallas Museum of Art.
4. T.N. Krishan (Carnatic Violin) -- on Nov 12th, venue to be
announced.

Further information for the above can be received by contacting
Nilendu Jani or Neerav Dalal in the Dallas/FTW area. For those in the
Austin area, they can call Harsha Chakravarti @512-467-6108(H).
Any one having access to the world wide web can go thru the ICMC
home page at www.startext.net/homes/icmc

Augustus T. White

Jun 25, 1997, 3:00:00 AM6/25/97
to har...@pop.flash.net

Harsha Chakravarti wrote:

> Indian Classical Circle of DFW(Dallas-Fort Worth) presents the following
> concerts --
> 3. Music festival of India -- Part II --
> Ajoy Chakraborty (Hindustani Vocal), Mashkoor Ali Khan (vocal)
> and Debashish Bhattacharya (Guitar) on Oct 11 and 12th at the
> Dallas Museum of Art.

I heard Chakraborty in Houston a few weeks ago -- a very good, but
underattended, concert. Then again, maybe the reason I enjoyed it so
much was that the audience was small. I'm glad to see he's coming back.

In Houston, he brought his daughter Koushiki. From my perspective
(largely ignorance), her understanding seemed a bit shallow (who isn't at
that age?), but her talent and training were extremely impressive. I
really expect great things of her as she matures a bit. Is she also
performing? It doesn't sound like it, but you ought to allow her a short
piece. If you don't, you may miss what could be one of the better voices
of the next generation.

--Toby White

Rajiv Chakravarti

Jun 26, 1997, 3:00:00 AM6/26/97

Thanks for your suggestion, Toby.. I have heard that
Kaushiki is performing a small piece or so in
concerts around the country.. I have already
picked up some comments about her voice, etc.
and am looking eagerly to listening to her... !

It seems very interesting that the younger generation
has quite a few people with good voices these days:
S. Abhyankar/Shaunak Abhisheki/Kaushiki/ and so
many more.. Hope they dont get over-exposed soon
and keep up their training.. !

Thanks for your remarks.
Regards,
Rajiv

Augustus T. White <augw...@neosoft.com> wrote in article
<33B17B...@neosoft.com>...

Kuldeep More

Feb 17, 2022, 8:43:29 AM2/17/22
What do you all think of her singing style now?