Origin of Chandrakauns - take 2

Praful Kelkar

Jun 21, 2001, 12:58:18 PM6/21/01
I forgot to add the following to the previous posting....

There is an older Chandrakauns - which is of Bageshree ang - with
shuddha dhaivat. I am talking about the popular chandrakauns - like
malkauns komal dhaivat, but shuddha nishad.

It is my understanding that Prof. Deodhar was the creator of
Chandrakauns, is that correct?

Parenthetically, Chandrakauns is one of the most, or perhaps the
most?, successful modern raag in terms of scope, depth, personality,
emotions, vistar, etc. BTW, Prof Deodhar also named Jog-Kauns (which
combines jog and chandrakauns in a highly successful creation of a
jod-raag) as such, which Gunidas the creator used to call Kaushi.

Is anyone aware of a reliable listing of raags - their creators - and
year of creation - starting PT (pre-Tansen) if possible.

Praful