what is a backpacker?

wujo

Jun 24, 2000, 3:00:00 AM6/24/00
to ilk
Someone that listens to "hip-hop", sports a backpack where ever they go,
and is a lame ass. (i.e. me)

On Sun, 25 Jun 2000, ilk wrote:

> im relitivley new to hip-hop, and i was wondering what the term
> 'backpacker' means.

Fee

Jun 24, 2000, 3:00:00 AM6/24/00
A rich suburban kid who "takes a year off"
and travels around Europe on thier mommies
credit card....

Peace,
Fee

ilk

Jun 25, 2000, 3:00:00 AM6/25/00

Michael Fthenos

Jun 25, 2000, 3:00:00 AM6/25/00
people who wear backpacks and listen to hip hop....

:)

for real though...it's pretty stupid IMO, but it's actually a
stereotype....if you listen to "underground", nonmainstream music, and you
despise all commercial stuff, you're a backpacker...at least that's the way
I look at it

--
MF
"I'm complex with curriculums combined
ilk <ilk_...@yahoo.com> wrote in message

Aesop Da Visual Zodiac

Jun 25, 2000, 3:00:00 AM6/25/00
counselor woman: Hello group! This is e-Factor, everyone say hi to
e-Factor!

group: Hi e-Factor!

counselor woman: Today, e-Factor is going to be sharing his problems
with us today! So let's everybody give him your total attention!

e-Factor: Uh, thank you old counselor woman. Hello everyone. My name
is e-Factor and I'm... a self-proclaimed backpacker.

group: (silence)

It's so many branched off ideas about what a backpacker is. Some
people say wiggers who wear baggy clothes and a red NY caps are
backpackers, skateboarders are backpackers, cats from New York are
backpackers, shit, some people up where I stay say only cats from New
York wear Timb's in the summer! And now I get this label that I'm from
NY because I carry a bookbag, dress diffrent, lace my Timb's in the
summer, and keep headphones up to my head. wtf? I don't know though,
maybe I'm a backpacker in some people's eyes. I guess my past in Philly
reflects my image in Detroit. Image is a muthafucker though, ain't it?
It's so many things a person can stamp on your head according to your
apperance.

e-Factor > >

One man's simple is another man's huh - David Stone, 1979

Rikki O

Jun 25, 2000, 3:00:00 AM6/25/00

ilk <ilk_...@yahoo.com> wrote in message
> im relitivley new to hip-hop, and i was wondering what the term
> 'backpacker' means.

in hip hop music sense, someone who dismisses anything that isn't
underground. but some simply attribute it to fashion so it varies.

Dick Kuminquartz

Jun 25, 2000, 3:00:00 AM6/25/00
Backpacker-(n) one who wears a backpack in the urban areas, to carry all there
hiphop goods in, they dont buy brandname expensive clothes, they probably dont
have a job.

"calling me a backpacker that preposterous, I push a lex and rock thousand
dollar watches"-esoteric

GoldenChild

Jun 25, 2000, 3:00:00 AM6/25/00
Being that I invented the word I'll tell ya'll what it is. A backpacker
is that kid that lives in the suburbs and has a nice things and money,
but he chooses to take the city bus anyway even though his Mother has
his Porsche in the garage, he tries to look bummy, knowin' his Mother
gave him a G to go to Aeropstale and buy some nice suburban type attire,
he carries a backpack everywhere which holds his flyers to upcoming
functions nobody is gonna go to, his Boys demo tapes, his spray paint
cans, and other goods that he just can't leave the house without. These
kids absolutely will not listen to anyone that anybody else on the
Planet heard of...because you know, that wouldn't be true "Hip-Hop" if
anyone besides him heard of it of course. He'll listen to any no name MC
though no matter how weak the Rapper is, just to say he listens to him.
He goes in record stores that he knows doesnt carry underground stuff
and he'll ask for unheard of MC's to impress himself and the onlookers.
He might come out of the record store with a handfull of Rawkus or
Fondle 'em records though, but he's not a DJ, he just likes to listen to
records rather than CD's because thats more "Hip-Hop". These kids
absolutely despize everyone who is not like them, anyone who wears
brandname clothes or listens to anything mainstream. They also hate guys
who care about their appearance a.k.a. look better than them, they love
to clown on niggas who actually look decent, but under their breath
because they're always herb niggas that are scared to death of a
confrontation. Never do these kids get any pussy, and their excuse is
either A.) They don't look at Women as sex objects. or B.) Every girl is
too dirty for them. When in all actuality, they're just scared of girls,
that goes back to what I said earlier about these kids bein' herbs. If
they are gettin' some ass, it's some little breakdancin' broad who goes
on backpacker crusades with them, and wears big ass sweatpants and a
half shirt or a hoodie everyday. 9 out of 10 times these kids grew up as
outcasts and their still looking for their identity. They always have
this fucked up idea of what Hip-Hop is because they aren't a genuine
Hip-Hop head, simple as that, they didn't live it, they weren't born
into it, it's not naturally in them. I don't care how much you
appreciate the culture, thats fine, but if you weren't born into the
culture, if you weren't raised in the places where real Hip-Hop shit
went on, then it's never gonna be truely in you. The way I see it,
havin' the culture in you is like havin' the Force on Star Wars and
shit, either you got it or you don't, and I don't care how much you know
about rap, how good you can breakdance, how well you can piece, or how
nice you are on the tables, if you weren't born and raised into it, if
you had to take a 30 minute trip to get there, if you had arguements
with your Parents about your "Hip-Hop" identity, then the force isn't
with you. The soul of Hip-Hop = The Force.....another Sensaye original.
Anyone who is a backpacker in here that read this, I hope you don't take
offense to it, even though I know you will. I'm not tryin' to offend
anyone, I'm just sayin' it how I see it. Ghost.

"At age Nine I saw my first hate crime/ blind folded, expected to walk a
straight line/ mind molded, taught to love yours and hate mine/ climbed
over it, and at an early age Jay shined/ fuck the Law, at Lady Justice I
blaze Nines/ your honor, I no longer kill my people, I raise mine/ the
soul of Mumia in this modern day time" - Jay-Z - "Dopeman"

Steve 'Flash' Juon

Jun 25, 2000, 3:00:00 AM6/25/00
In article <9891-395...@storefull-218.iap.bryant.webtv.net>,
Legonda...@webtv.net says...

> Being that I invented the word I'll tell ya'll what it is.

Money I'll give you credit for a lot of things but I for one was using
the term long before I saw you shit on backpackers in the newsgroup. I
mean it's a pretty commonplace term cause so many kids black OR white fit
the stereotype for it - headphones on, baggy pants, and a big-ass
knapsack or backpack slung over the shoulders - and if you're in high
school or college it's almost impossible NOT to look that way at times.

Peace, Flash

--
"Whiskey in the brain keep me from goin insane"
--> Ryu (Styles of Beyond)

The Philosopher

Jun 25, 2000, 3:00:00 AM6/25/00
Funny, how GC pretty much described hard-core ravers, that are into electronica
(only that they do use their porsche cars instead of subways).

Madrox II
---------------------------------------
"some get range rovers,some religion changeovers/
angel on my main shoulder/ tellin me remain sober..." Common

dr.sardonacus

Jun 26, 2000, 3:00:00 AM6/26/00
> They always havethis fucked up idea of what Hip-Hop is because they

> aren't a genuine Hip-Hop head, simple as that, they didn't live it, they
> weren't born into it, it's not naturally in them. I don't care how much
> you appreciate the culture, thats fine, but if you weren't born into the
> culture, if you weren't raised in the places where real Hip-Hop shit went
> on, then it's never gonna be truely in you.

What is hip-hop then GoldenChild? since I wasn't born in New York, didn't
have a hard knock life, not black, sound halfway intelligent when I talk, I
cant't live hip-hop? what the fuck is that? enlighten me. mother fuckers
like you are just as bad as back- packers, you're the other fuckin extreme.
I've never seen anybody ride their own dick as much you. Pretentious mother
fucker

Hiphopislyfe

Jun 26, 2000, 3:00:00 AM6/26/00

As much as I would normally disagree with anyone who flames like that... this
post deserved it... well said

Rikki O

Jun 26, 2000, 3:00:00 AM6/26/00

GoldenChild <Legonda...@webtv.net> wrote in message

> Being that I invented the word I'll tell ya'll what it is.

reminds me back when i was in 3rd grade and every other kid claiming to have
invented "i pledge allegiance to the flag, michael jackson is a..."

GoldenChild

Jun 26, 2000, 3:00:00 AM6/26/00
Fuck the both of ya'll niggas, ya'll can both suck a dick. But how the
fuck did you come to that conclusion you dimwitted fuck? You don't gotta
be from NewYork, you don't have to sound ignorant, I never said that
shit, you just took offense to my post cause you know you're one of them
fraudulent little backpacker fags. It's good to see we still got some
tender niggas in here, it wouldn't be the same without ya'll. Go pass
out some flyers or somethin'....

wujo

Jun 26, 2000, 3:00:00 AM6/26/00
to Fee
Hahahaha. I know some cats that have done that. They went to Europe to
"experience" life. They are lame, just like me.

BUGGZY415

Jun 26, 2000, 3:00:00 AM6/26/00
>you just took offense to my post cause you know you're one of them
>fraudulent little backpacker fags.

GC, if that's the case, then they could just as easily say you took offense to
their post because they were on point about you too.

Buggzy

"I'm always telling these many pals of mine
The most that you can spend on any child is time"--Chali Tuna

AlanPage

Jun 27, 2000, 3:00:00 AM6/27/00
>"calling me a backpacker that preposterous, I push a lex and rock thousand
>dollar watches"-esoteric

That's the dumbest quote I've heard in a while, because "backpacker" is more a
state of mind than fashion. Heck, if Master P was in a video with a backpack
on, would he be a backpacker? You could have a 20 room mansion and still be a
"backpacker" as it's generally defined, which is someone who digs indie rap and
hates the mainstream.

Question: What is a thug? Often used, rarely defined. Surely they don't mean to
include rapists, muggers, kidnappers, etc, in that definition, eh?

Peace,

Spirit
www.theamphibians.com

Go see "Love and Basketball". Dope movie.

"radio hit, heads criticize it/underground classic, nobody buys it" -ras kass

AlanPage

Jun 27, 2000, 3:00:00 AM6/27/00
> if you weren't born into the
>culture, if you weren't raised in the places where real Hip-Hop shit
>went on, then it's never gonna be truely in you

"born into the culture"? i hope you're not one of those people that basically
thinks that new yorkers are naturally truer to hip-hop. explain that "born into
the culture" thing a little better, please.

AlanPage

Jun 27, 2000, 3:00:00 AM6/27/00
>You don't gotta
>be from NewYork

well, you seemed to have been making a city v. suburbs argument...folks from NY
city, you seemed to imply in your post, are "born into the culture" as
contrasted with folks from NY suburbs...now, take that to its logical
conclusion: hip-hop started in NY, are people in NY born into the culture? if
so, are they then realer than people in other cities which hip-hop reached
later?

it's called taking a position to its logical conclusion...

glad you cleared that up though, sort of. now, what exactly did you mean by
"born into the culture" and why can't people from the NY suburbs be "born into
the culture"?

For example: Malik likes rap, but only listens to it in the whip or the club.
He's from Brooklyn. John is from Hoboken NJ, listened to hip-hop since he was
12, is a hip-hop producer, runs a hip-hop label. is malik more "hip-hop" to
you? why?

Steve 'Flash' Juon

Jun 27, 2000, 3:00:00 AM6/27/00
In article <20000626202016...@ng-da1.aol.com>,
alan...@aol.com says...

> Question: What is a thug? Often used, rarely defined. Surely they don't mean to
> include rapists, muggers, kidnappers, etc, in that definition, eh?

That depends on what so-called "thug" you talk to. Some of them talk the
worst qualities of thuggery (which is an a slur against people from
India, I might add) and try to live up to them.

GoldenChild

Jun 27, 2000, 3:00:00 AM6/27/00
Good point Buggzy, on point as always dun.

°°°Super-C°°°

Jun 27, 2000, 3:00:00 AM6/27/00
Image by FlamingText.com
Image by FlamingText.com
©2000 Super-C Productions

SUPER-C / Hip Hop Trade Page

Steve Harvey

Jun 27, 2000, 3:00:00 AM6/27/00
In article <MPG.13c1c3881...@news.earthlink.net>, Steve
'Flash' Juon wrote:

>That depends on what so-called "thug" you talk to. Some of them talk
>the worst qualities of thuggery (which is an a slur against people
>from India, I might add)

No more than it's a slur against all Italians to call someone a
"gangsta".

"Thug" comes from the Thugee, who were a gang/cult of murderers and
robbers in India during the 19th and early 20th century. Their usual
method of operations was to have several members infiltrate a merchant
caravan, pretending not to know one another. Then, at some point
during the journey, one of the members would let out a call that would
signal everyone to draw their weapons, kill the rest of the caravan,
and make off with the treasure.

Although the Thugee were from India, I've never heard "thug" used or
construed as a more general racial slur.

wujo

Jun 27, 2000, 3:00:00 AM6/27/00
On 27 Jun 2000, AlanPage wrote:

> Question: What is a thug? Often used, rarely defined. Surely they don't mean to
> include rapists, muggers, kidnappers, etc, in that definition, eh?

I am a gangsta. (:

Steve 'Flash' Juon

Jun 27, 2000, 3:00:00 AM6/27/00
In article <slrn8lhp6o.go...@itc001472.usitc.gov>,
steve...@geocities.com says...

> Although the Thugee were from India, I've never heard "thug" used or
> construed as a more general racial slur.

Not specifically, but the word "thug" came into our vocabulary because
the British described any insurrection or violence during their rule of
India as being caused by "thugs" - their abbreviation of "Thugee" - this
had no bearing on whether the Thugees did it or NOT. As such the term and
it's related uses are directly descended from condescending stereotypes
and racism.

GoldenChild

Jun 28, 2000, 3:00:00 AM6/28/00
Mna, what the fuck are ya'll talkin' about? Thats two of ya'll now that
made that assumption about NY. I never said anything like you were
automatically born into Hip-Hop only if you were from NY, I dont even
understand how you came up with that. I'm sayin' born into, meaning, you
live in a urban area where real Hip-Hop shit is going on non-stop, all
day, everyday, you don't have to travel at all to see it, you can take
one foot out side your door and be there. Where you can go to the park
or wherever the flow spot might be and just spit some shit with some
niggas you've never even met at anytime of the night or day, where they
have block parties with the DJ equipment right out on the street, where
EVERYONE has a tag and knows how to throw it up, even the little kids.
And it's not even just the 4 elements or whatever they label it as now,
I mean the scenery as well, niggas rollin' dice all day on the stoop or
wherever, havin' the clothing spot right there, the crate on the phone
poll for the basketball hoop, the neighborhood characters and shit, the
Number man, the bootlegger, the Rasta with the jade, the Prostitutes,
the hustlers, the fiends, bein' able to build with all them....yo, all
that ghetto shit is in a way, a part of the Hip-Hop culture, because the
Hip-Hop culture was created by poor people in the ghetto,and noone can
deny that, thats why you here so many MC's rhyme about it, and thats why
alot of suburban kids who werent' born and raised in that life can't
relate to it and feel it, instead they relate to MC's who basically talk
about anything BUT the streets, and then they got the nerve to say
Rappers who talk about violence and all that aren't "true"
Hip-Hop....what?! It just seems twisted to me...no offense to anyone,
but if you wake up everyday in the suburbs and you gotta take a 15-20
minute ride to get to they City so you can participate in the Hip-Hop
festivities....that shit just seems fraudulent to me...and I know you
really believe that you know what you're talking about, and that you're
a true Hip-Hop head..you're really not. Just because you can breakdance,
rap, DJ, or graf or whatever, that doesnt make you genuine, I'm sorry,
and I dont mean to offend anyone. It's 'sorta like sayin' "Well, I can
talk Spanish, play the Spanish guitar, dance salsa and Merengue, cook
beans and rice and chicken, and I put Adobo on everything, so I'm
Spanish"....thats just not how it is. This whole breed of backpackers
didnt even exist a few years ago, which tells you right there that most
of 'em are newjacks, alot of 'em are ex-skaters or ex-ravers who are
just goin' through another stage in their identity crisis, by next year
half of these cats are gonna have a whole new identity. And I'm not
sayin' you can't be smart, successful, and intellectual in order to be
true, but I hear niggas sayin' ridiculous shit like "Yeah, I started
bein' a head when I was this age", what the fuck you mean? You can't
BECOME a part of this culture, you have to BE a part of this culture
NATURALLY. You can appreciate the culture, and imitate the culture, but
if you weren't born and raised in it, then you'll never be 100% genuine.
And I know alot of cats are gonna get furious when they read this, and
throw me all kinds of insults, but that just proves that I touched a
nerve from telling the truth, and that shit hurts because you know it's
true. Peace.

"Don't be a follower and get lead to the fire" - Prodigy -

GoldenChild

Jun 28, 2000, 3:00:00 AM6/28/00
I'll give a definitition of a thug. See, you can be hard without bein' a
thug, but you can't be a thug without bein' hard. A thug is like my Man
Tonic. The nigga that punched the teacher in the face in High school,
the nigga that ALWAYS has heat on him, the nigga that will straight up
smack a Man like a bitch and smack bitch like a Man. The nigga that beat
up his Baby Moms Father. The nigga that never runs. The nigga that you
can always go get when theres beef. The nigga that will be alone and
punch a nigga in the face in front of the dudes whole crew and just take
the lynchin'. The nigga that rolls dice, loses, and says you gotta get
the money out of his pocket if you want it. The nigga that makes a bet
with you and the loser gets snuffed in the face. The nigga that has
fckcops on his license plate with no drivers license. Thats a thug right
there. I'm not a thug, I never claimed to be, I get respect from thug
niggas though and I got alot of love for some thug niggas because I knew
'em since they were kids and somethin' made 'em not give a fuck like
that. I'm happy with where I stand, I'm not a thug but I'm far from a
crab nigga. I'll shoot the fair one with ANYBODY...and win too, but I
won't shoot nobody unless I felt they were gonna shoot me if I didn't.
I'm easy to get along with, but I'm hard to get to know, and even harder
to be close to because I take trust and loyalty real serious. One luv.

Phase1

Jun 28, 2000, 3:00:00 AM6/28/00
GC,
man you got points about kids sayin it's not true hip-hop to rap about the
ghetto...but those are the fuckin extreme backpacker kids, nobody likes them
anyways. Aint many people in here making claims like "I AM HIP-HOP" or shit
like that...most of us just appreciate the lyrics and beats...do we gotta be
from the ghetto for that?

-Phase

GoldenChild <Legonda...@webtv.net> wrote in message

Michael Fthenos

Jun 28, 2000, 3:00:00 AM6/28/00
GoldenChild <Legonda...@webtv.net> wrote in message
> Hip-Hop....what?! It just seems twisted to me...no offense to anyone,
> but if you wake up everyday in the suburbs and you gotta take a 15-20
> minute ride to get to they City so you can participate in the Hip-Hop
> festivities....that shit just seems fraudulent to me...and I know you
> really believe that you know what you're talking about, and that you're
> a true Hip-Hop head..you're really not. Just because you can breakdance,
> rap, DJ, or graf or whatever, that doesnt make you genuine, I'm sorry,
> and I dont mean to offend anyone. It's 'sorta like sayin' "Well, I can
> talk Spanish, play the Spanish guitar, dance salsa and Merengue, cook
> beans and rice and chicken, and I put Adobo on everything, so I'm
> Spanish"....thats just not how it is.

This analogy actually works against what you're saying, but you twisted
it.....if someone can do all of those Spanish things, then perhaps they're
not spanish, but they are immersing themselves in and learning the Spanish
culture, and could validly claim themselves as a part of Spanish musical
culture (cooking notwithstanding)...the same goes for hip hop....I
participate in the elements, but in no way do I perceive myself as being
black, or a part of the ghetto...but I still am a part of the culture
because of my participation in it.

I guess it boils down to whether you believe that culture is born within
you, or whether culture is something that you acquire along the way.

KSG

Jun 28, 2000, 3:00:00 AM6/28/00
"Michael Fthenos" <fth...@sympatico.ca> wrote:

>I guess it boils down to whether you believe that culture is
born within
>you, or whether culture is something that you acquire along the
way.

It's something you acquire.

KSG

Got questions? Get answers over the phone at Keen.com.
Up to 100 minutes free!
http://www.keen.com

Wodie Dun

Jun 28, 2000, 3:00:00 AM6/28/00
GoldenChild wrote:
>Mna, what the fuck are ya'll talkin' about? Thats two of ya'll now that
>made that assumption about NY. I never said anything like you were
>automatically born into Hip-Hop only if you were from NY, I dont even
>understand how you came up with that. I'm sayin' born into, meaning, you
>live in a urban area where real Hip-Hop shit is going on non-stop, all
>day, everyday, you don't have to travel at all to see it, you can take
>one foot out side your door and be there. Where you can go to the park
>or wherever the flow spot might be and just spit some shit with some
>niggas you've never even met at anytime of the night or day, where they
>have block parties with the DJ equipment right out on the street, where
>EVERYONE has a tag and knows how to throw it up, even the little kids.

This is all just a fantasy.

You can live in the middle of the fuckin ghetto down south and not have one
person in your neighborhood who tags. There's never a block party and if there
is, there damn sure aint no DJ with turntables. You don't see anyone rhyming in
the park. Shit, I'm more likely to see some kids rhyming at a suburban mall
than in the projects.

Hip-hop might be urban, but Urban doesn't necessarily equal hip-hop.

When the cash register is open, even the most honest person can become a thief.

Droctane22

Jun 28, 2000, 3:00:00 AM6/28/00
>You can live in the middle of the fuckin ghetto down south and not have one
>person in your neighborhood who tags.

Agree with that....never see any of that shit down here in the south....

GoldenChild

Jun 29, 2000, 3:00:00 AM6/29/00
Yeah, it's a fantasy for those of you who never seen it. Thats tells the
story right there.

Dinkylover

Jun 29, 2000, 3:00:00 AM6/29/00
I'm happy with where I stand, I'm not a thug but I'm far from a
> crab nigga.

DAMMNNNN I know in ny it's just a slang term to say "Crab" but out in
l.a. it mean something else, that disrepect. I'm not claiming shit but
the "Crab" references starting to annoy me. I'm cool with you and
everyoen else on here that uses them, but this board is international
think about who you may be offending when you say things like that. Out
here we say terms that are offensive to the eastcoast but really have
nothing to do with the east coast like EASTY {the nicest east slang
term}. If someone call you easty you one low low low down peice of
shit, but I never use terms that can be offensive to anyone knowingly.
So to everyone who does can you stop the "Crab " refernces.

> I'm easy to get along with, but I'm hard to get to know, and even
harder
> to be close to because I take trust and loyalty real serious. One
luv.

To everyone on rmhh:

I think everyone on here is easy to get along with, EXCEPT the up tight
bunch. My rant is if you constantly don't like what someone post don't
reply, don't read, agree to disagree in your head and move on. It
always be flame post over the same person if you don't like what he
write , we all have our little opinions on the topic. In case people
forgot opinions can't be wrong only facts, so why disect this person's
opinions all the time. I hate trying to read a thread to learn
something I may not know but if gc replys to the topic, I gotta sort
through the damn flames before I get to another reply to the topic.

"Got beef add a new sig I could care less"-Dinkylover

--
> "Dinkylover has so little money, she has to save up to become poor" -
Big AL
> "Hey Alan, now that you've seen my ass, can I see yours? But I don't
want to
> see dinkylover's"-FunkyStyle
> "Talking to Alan Dickson/ is like suffering from malnutrition/ and
you see a
> tub
> of jello with alcohol by the gallon mixed in! SO who cares about
> dinky"-Seymour Bush
> "Alan Dickson's big time now - he's better known than Steve Jackson! -
but
> who is dinky???"
> -OHHLA Webmaster 'Flash'

Sent via Deja.com http://www.deja.com/
Before you buy.

www.theamphibians.com

Jun 29, 2000, 3:00:00 AM6/29/00
>A rich suburban kid who "takes a year off"
>and travels around Europe on thier mommies
>credit card....

I know a girl doing that who doesn't like hip-hop at all. Ha...

Peace,

Spirit
www.theamphibians.com

"not to dis you or anything, but i really want you to die" - cyris

www.theamphibians.com

Jun 29, 2000, 3:00:00 AM6/29/00
Yo, GC, some quick points:

First cat i saw rocking backpacks as fashion accessory was Buckshot Shorty in
that first Black Moon video (actually forgot the title right now, something
with "Kick It" in the title???). That had to have been like, 92 or
something.Then I remember seeing them perform on the very short-lived Rosie
Perez show on HBO and I believe they were rocking the backpacks then. So, I
don't think "ex-ravers" started the backpack trend like you say. Near as I can
remember, it started with Black Moon, or at least they were the first I
remember bringing it out.

Then, there was Prince Po in the snow with no shirt and a backpack in the
"Stress" video, but that was like 94, I think.

>instead they relate to MC's who basically talk
>about anything BUT the streets, and then they got the nerve to say
>Rappers who talk about violence and all that aren't "true"
>Hip-Hop....what?

Hip-hop didn't start out with 'murder murder' rap though. Listen to any 12 inch
pre-83 or the tapes of old skool emcee routines and try to find a song all
about killing people. I guarantee you you'll have a hard time. Cats were trying
to rock the party, not brag about how many bodies they caught. so, in that
sense, murder rap isn't "true hip-hop". But nor are many other things, if that
was the measuring stick.

>no offense to anyone,
>but if you wake up everyday in the suburbs and you gotta take a 15-20
>minute ride to get to they City so you can participate in the Hip-Hop
>festivities....

But when hip-hop first started, people in certain parts of, say, Queens and
Staten Island would probably have to ride for 15-20 minutes on the subway to
get to these block parties you're talking about. In 74, how much hip-hop do you
think was in, say, Hempstead Long Island? Bushwick?

Nowadays, there are more hip-hop clubs downtown than in the ghetto. I am
willing to wager that there are more hip-hop events in Manhattan than in the
Bronx right now...I'm talking about concerts. So, is the Bronx less hip-hop
then? and, really, man, I haven't seen cats in ciphers at all when I've walked
through New York. In Harlem, in Brooklyn. Through parks, down streets, day or
night. It's not like New York is hip-hop heaven where cats are rhyming 24-7...

www.theamphibians.com

Jun 29, 2000, 3:00:00 AM6/29/00
>This is all just a fantasy.
>
>You can live in the middle of the fuckin ghetto down south and not have one
>person in your neighborhood who tags.

Actually, folks i know who travel say they see way more graf overseas than in
NY. Tags are 90% wack though (because so many toys try it), who wants to see a
bunch of tags? Gimme pieces any day.

www.theamphibians.com

Jun 29, 2000, 3:00:00 AM6/29/00
>A thug is like my Man
>Tonic. The nigga that punched the teacher in the face in High school,
>the nigga that ALWAYS has heat on him,

Someone who basically is on a one way road to jail and who is detrimental to
society as a whole, right?

Jason Rzepka

Jun 29, 2000, 3:00:00 AM6/29/00

"www.theamphibians.com" <spir...@aol.com> wrote in message

> Near as I can
> remember, it started with Black Moon, or at least they were the first I
> remember bringing it out.

"napsack and my beeper"

Steve 'Flash' Juon

Jun 29, 2000, 3:00:00 AM6/29/00
In article <20000629205017...@ng-fu1.aol.com>,
king...@aol.com says...
> First of all, graffiti is illegal, second it is ugly as hell and it is an
> eyesore. It makes neighborhoods look like trash and reduces property values.

As if we needed any reminders, KINGPIN97 is not hip-hop.

Simple formula - Public Enemy hip-hop, Rudy Guiliani not hip-hop;
KSG and Kari Orr hip-hop, kingpin97 is not hip-hop.

I'll take your "eyesores" over the ugly monotony of one blank ass
brick office building after another anyday, thank you very much.
If I had my way my house would have a mural on the side when I bought it.

Kingpin, like most of your condescending middle-class assholes, fails
to draw any distinction between "wall scrawl" and "burners" and as such
relegates a whole class of pure art into the same category as someone who
writes their name and phone number on the side of a public urinal.

Fatboy Roberts

Jun 29, 2000, 3:00:00 AM6/29/00
Dinkylover wrote:

> I'm happy with where I stand, I'm not a thug but I'm far from a
> > crab nigga.
>
> DAMMNNNN I know in ny it's just a slang term to say "Crab" but out in
> l.a. it mean something else, that disrepect. I'm not claiming shit but
> the "Crab" references starting to annoy me. I'm cool with you and
> everyoen else on here that uses them, but this board is international
> think about who you may be offending when you say things like that.

Nah, fuck that. Crab has been used for a while now as it's
own term, not just a derisive term for crip. And if it's
disrespecting gangster motherfuckers, fuck it. That's some
stupid shit that deserves to be disrespected anyway. I'm not
gonna respect an institution that is all about killing over
a block of land that ain't owned by the people who live on
it and a color on your back. Fuck that shit. Stupid shit
gets called by stupid names.

And anyway, if it's obvious that when he says crab, he means
"pussy ass" or "punk" and not "crip" then I dunno what's to
be offended by. I don't think gay people in europe get
pissed that cigarettes over there are called 'fags,' only
when THEY'RE called fags. it's kinda the same thing, here.
He's just talking about herbs and chumps. Not crips. I don't
think you should ask him to change his speech because it's
offensive to some gangster motherfuckers in a city on the
other side of the country.

musings on the word crab,
Fatboy

Fatboy Roberts

Jun 29, 2000, 3:00:00 AM6/29/00
"www.theamphibians.com" wrote:

> >A thug is like my Man
> >Tonic. The nigga that punched the teacher in the face in High school,
> >the nigga that ALWAYS has heat on him,
>
> Someone who basically is on a one way road to jail and who is detrimental to
> society as a whole, right?

no shit. I'm always amused by people claimin "Thug" this and
"thug" that.

Thugs don't have power. Thugs are pawns for the cats IN
power. Smart people don't wanna be thugs, they wanna be
bosses. So they don't have to do thuggish shit. Thugs are
the slower, dumber types. The non-thinkers. The brawn over
brain types. There's a reason the phrase "mindless thug"
exists. Before 1994, I don't ever remember hearing one
without the other. Thugs are the do now, consider
consequences later types. The type that will usually end up
the fall guy, or the loser. One of the two. Thugs don't win.
Thugs are usually blind. Blind loyalty, blind to what lies
ahead, blind to the possiblities and repercussions. Blind to
real opportunity.

Why someone would want to be a thug is beyond me. Well, not
really. I guess thugs get that quick little rush of control
and power at the time they're doing their small time shit,
muggin, robbin, whatever, but the payoff is so low for the
risk, it makes no sense what so ever. But you got this
allure, now. This vision of power. It makes for good
stories, entertaining movies and songs and shit. kids get to
work out their fantasies of having no conscience, no fear
through tales of "thug" shit. But fantasies, most times,
need to be left in the fantasy world, and cats don't want to
hear that. They want to LIVE movies. They want to BE that
cat in the song with the fancy car and the three bitches and
the sucker motherfucker down the block they just socked up
for breathin. Thugs live to tell the stories, to extend the
fantasy that they're somehow WORTH something more than a
penny ass intimidator, But that don't do nobody no good.

Thugs can't separate fantasy from reality, basically.
Because if a thug had a grip on reality, he'd realize a thug
is a entry level job with no exits, a lifetime shift at
McDonalds, a cold, little box.

musings on the word thug,
Fatboy

Fatboy Roberts

Jun 29, 2000, 3:00:00 AM6/29/00
Dinkylover wrote:

> Fatboy I see your point BUT STILL you knwo what's up, let your ass walk
> onto a blue block in l.a. and say "Crab" see if you get the chance to
> explain shit.

Heh. No shit.

"But no, really, I wasn't trying to--"

(Smack slap, slap kick)

(gurgle) "No, STOP! WAIT! I didn't MEAN--"

(Sock, wet cement sound, kick, slap)

> It's offensive I don't care how it's used. I understood
> perfectly he wasn't using it as a dis to no gang but that's still how
> it come out SO FUCK LOGIC (4 lack of better words at the moment). I'm
> cool with gc - he know dat, I'm cool with u, but some shit is better
> unsaid than said. If you know something is offending someone else why
> say the shit?.

Well, aside from my little anti-gang rant, that's basically
what I was trying to say, was that I doubt he was even
contemplating that he might be pissing off some crip ng
readers somewhere by calling someone a crab. Basically, I
don't think gang sensitivity is on most cats on RMHH minds,
yunno? It just sounded odd to call him out on that: "Yo!
Let's be a little more considerate of the gang members
around here, okay? They have feelings." I know it wasn't
really like that, but still..

(smack, kick, melon splitting noise,)
Fatboy

Fatboy Roberts

Jun 29, 2000, 3:00:00 AM6/29/00
"2Def M.D." wrote:

> >>Nah, fuck that. Crab has been used for a while now as it's
> >>own term, not just a derisive term for crip. And if it's
> >>disrespecting gangster motherfuckers, fuck it. That's some
> >>stupid shit that deserves to be disrespected anyway. I'm not
> >>gonna respect an institution that is all about killing over
> >>a block of land that ain't owned by the people who live on
> >>it and a color on your back. Fuck that shit. Stupid shit
> >>gets called by stupid names.
> >

> Fatboy, that's some ignorrant shit.

No it ain't. How is that ignorant? Gangs=stupid is ignorant?
It may be a little too generalized...but I don't think by
much.

> I mean, some people do that shit just to
> make some cash (although there are people who do it cuz they think it's
> glamorous). I mean, my boy had to pay a mortgage, car payment and take care of
> his 13 year old sister when he was 17, so he started sellin drugs and worked
> his way to the top of the local crips set. Got fuckin shot on his way (he
> figured he had made enough money and he could just move out to Cali and chill
> out) He got to Cali and there were peeps waitin for him. I mean, that's a
> bitch. You can disrespect ignorrant muthafuckas who think life's a videogame
> and shit, but don't disrespect people that need to do it cuz they can't get a
> job that pays enough to support what they gotta support.

Fuck that. There's other ways to do it. I KNOW there are.
And yeah, I was speaking more to the "Life's a videogame"
motherfuckers than the cats that are in it for the money,
but the same shit applies to them, too...I mean, no one's
gonna get smoked runnin a cement mixer, yunno? It might not
sound dope, and you might not floss as much, but you ain't
gonna get shot for it. You can make a mortgage payment and
take care of a kid off a decent job (or two shitty ones)
than havin to get hooked up with a fuckin set and all the
drama THAT entails. The rival construction company down the
block ain't gonna roll through your neighborhood with a full
clip, lookin for your ass, are they? I understand the need
to take care of a 13 year old, but you need to be as sure as
you can that you'll be EXISTING long enough to keep payin
them bills. I don't think goin down that road is worth a
shit, that's all.

this soapbox is uncomfortable,
Fatboy

rockt...@my-deja.com

Jun 30, 2000, 3:00:00 AM6/30/00
I know a backpacker, he rocks backpacks and Rawkus sweatshirts, hits up
Fat Beats for the latest 12", and seemed shocked that I didn't know
about D.I.T.C. (this was a while ago, but I might've been surprised at
myself too). He's also one of the chillest people I know though, and
he'll listen to Dr. Dre as much as any underground record. So I guess
he's not a backpacker in the aspects that he's a cool guy and likes
commercial shit too, but he's the closest to a backpacker that I've
ever known.

GMD

Jun 30, 2000, 3:00:00 AM6/30/00
>First cat i saw rocking backpacks as fashion accessory was Buckshot Shorty in
that first Black Moon video (actually forgot the title right now, something
with "Kick It" in the title???). That had to have been like, 92 or
something.

i think that was "who got the props" in '93. the first person i saw wearing a
backpack was grand puba in the "don't curse" video in '92.

Kingpin97

Jun 30, 2000, 3:00:00 AM6/30/00
>You can live in the middle of the fuckin ghetto down south and not have one
>person in your neighborhood who tags.

Actually, folks i know who travel say they see way more graf overseas than in
NY. Tags are 90% wack though (because so many toys try it), who wants to see a
bunch of tags? Gimme pieces any day.>>>

First of all, graffiti is illegal, second it is ugly as hell and it is an
eyesore. It makes neighborhoods look like trash and reduces property values. I
look with disgust at these ghetto neighborhoods filled with graffiti and
murals dedicated to some gunned down rapper or a Central American
revolutionary. Have you guys seen those things? The colors are so bright they
burn your retinas if you stare straight at them. Anyone who does graffiti
should be punished harshly. I think we should copy some of the techniques used
in Singapore (i.e. caning) to punish graffiti artists.

T. Tauri

Jun 30, 2000, 3:00:00 AM6/30/00
www.theamphibians.com wrote:

> Yo, GC, some quick points:
>
> First cat i saw rocking backpacks as fashion accessory was Buckshot
> Shorty in that first Black Moon video (actually forgot the title right
> now, something with "Kick It" in the title???). That had to have been
> like, 92 or something.Then I remember seeing them perform on the very
> short-lived Rosie Perez show on HBO and I believe they were rocking
> the backpacks then. So, I don't think "ex-ravers" started the backpack
> trend like you say. Near as I can remember, it started with Black
> Moon, or at least they were the first I remember bringing it out.

Grand Puba was the first I saw, about the same time (just when he was
starting out solo).

Peece,
T. Tauri

Dinkylover

Jun 30, 2000, 3:00:00 AM6/30/00
Fatboy I see your point BUT STILL you knwo what's up, let your ass walk
onto a blue block in l.a. and say "Crab" see if you get the chance to
explain shit. It's offensive I don't care how it's used. I understood

perfectly he wasn't using it as a dis to no gang but that's still how
it come out SO FUCK LOGIC (4 lack of better words at the moment). I'm
cool with gc - he know dat, I'm cool with u, but some shit is better
unsaid than said. If you know something is offending someone else why
say the shit?. If you think gangs is stupid that's on you, I think
killing over colors is stupid also, BUT some people just don't need to
be saying anything that would offend anyone. I'm not calling you a
faggot unless you are one, and I'm not talking about no soft guy, when
I say it it'll mena a dude who likes chilli on his "HotDog". It's not
going to kill anyone to stop using a dumb ass word like crab. I can't
make gc do anything but he can consider it, just like the other people
in here who use it. I wasn't even just refering to him but everyoen in
here who uses it.

In article <395C0B5C...@continet.com>,

--

> "Dinkylover has so little money, she has to save up to become poor" -
Big AL
> "Hey Alan, now that you've seen my ass, can I see yours? But I don't
want to
> see dinkylover's"-FunkyStyle
> "Talking to Alan Dickson/ is like suffering from malnutrition/ and
you see a
> tub
> of jello with alcohol by the gallon mixed in! SO who cares about
> dinky"-Seymour Bush
> "Alan Dickson's big time now - he's better known than Steve Jackson! -
but
> who is dinky???"
> -OHHLA Webmaster 'Flash'

Wodie Dun

Jun 30, 2000, 3:00:00 AM6/30/00
Fatboy Roberts wrote:
>Nah, fuck that. Crab has been used for a while now as it's
>own term, not just a derisive term for crip. And if it's
>disrespecting gangster motherfuckers, fuck it. That's some
>stupid shit that deserves to be disrespected anyway. I'm not
>gonna respect an institution that is all about killing over
>a block of land that ain't owned by the people who live on
>it and a color on your back. Fuck that shit. Stupid shit
>gets called by stupid names.

I always thought that if I was a hardcore rapper who didn't give a fuck, it
would be funny to spit a line like "and we aint talkin bout no gangbang, buddy/
I'll leave a Crip crippled and I'll leave a Blood bloody", but in actuality, I
do give a fuck and wouldn't want to end up living behind bulletproof
fiberglass.

Dinkylover

Jun 30, 2000, 3:00:00 AM6/30/00
In article <20000630004810...@ng-ci1.aol.com>,

wodi...@aol.comhellno (Wodie Dun) wrote:
> Fatboy Roberts wrote:
> >Nah, fuck that. Crab has been used for a while now as it's
> >own term, not just a derisive term for crip. And if it's
> >disrespecting gangster motherfuckers, fuck it. That's some
> >stupid shit that deserves to be disrespected anyway. I'm not
> >gonna respect an institution that is all about killing over
> >a block of land that ain't owned by the people who live on
> >it and a color on your back. Fuck that shit. Stupid shit
> >gets called by stupid names.
>
> I always thought that if I was a hardcore rapper who didn't give a
fuck, it
> would be funny to spit a line like "and we aint talkin bout no
gangbang, buddy/
> I'll leave a Crip crippled and I'll leave a Blood bloody", but in
actuality, I
> do give a fuck and wouldn't want to end up living behind bulletproof
> fiberglass.

HAHA I know that's right!
That was the funniest ish I've read on here this month.One

2Def M.D.

Jun 30, 2000, 3:00:00 AM6/30/00
>>Nah, fuck that. Crab has been used for a while now as it's
>>own term, not just a derisive term for crip. And if it's
>>disrespecting gangster motherfuckers, fuck it. That's some
>>stupid shit that deserves to be disrespected anyway. I'm not
>>gonna respect an institution that is all about killing over
>>a block of land that ain't owned by the people who live on
>>it and a color on your back. Fuck that shit. Stupid shit
>>gets called by stupid names.

Fatboy, that's some ignorrant shit. I mean, some people do that shit just to

make some cash (although there are people who do it cuz they think it's
glamorous). I mean, my boy had to pay a mortgage, car payment and take care of
his 13 year old sister when he was 17, so he started sellin drugs and worked
his way to the top of the local crips set. Got fuckin shot on his way (he
figured he had made enough money and he could just move out to Cali and chill
out) He got to Cali and there were peeps waitin for him. I mean, that's a
bitch. You can disrespect ignorrant muthafuckas who think life's a videogame
and shit, but don't disrespect people that need to do it cuz they can't get a
job that pays enough to support what they gotta support.

2Def M.D.
Check for an album out this August/September...

Steve 'Flash' Juon

Jun 30, 2000, 3:00:00 AM6/30/00
In article <395C0B5C...@continet.com>, djfa...@continet.com
says...

> Nah, fuck that. Crab has been used for a while now as it's
> own term, not just a derisive term for crip. And if it's
> disrespecting gangster motherfuckers, fuck it. That's some
> stupid shit that deserves to be disrespected anyway.

You can't own the word "crab" anyway; because like Fatboy said it was
used in popular language long before the rise of Bloods and Crips. I
mean the fucking Peanuts for Chrissakes - everybody always said Lucy Van
Pelt was "crabby" the same way everybody said C. Brown was a "blockhead".
It's always been a word for people being mean, rude, or spiteful. Quit
being a crab, quit being so fucking crabby, et cetera.

Man, this is really dumb.. why am I even responding to this? If you
don't want people to use the word Crab then join the fucking Crips and
shoot everybody who says it, ohhhhhhhh'kay? Go slob some Bloods and get
some Piru Love or what-the-fuck-ever.

Dinkylover

Jun 30, 2000, 3:00:00 AM6/30/00

> > I mean, some people do that shit just to
> > make some cash (although there are people who do it cuz they think
it's
> > glamorous).

Now you generalizing by saying alot of people bang for cash...NOT
FUCKING TRUE, I'm not gonna say they all honest in making they living,
but most ain't selling drugs. I have grown up around bangers bloods and
crips and alot were criminals but not drugs dealers.

I mean, my boy had to pay a mortgage, car payment and take care of
> > his 13 year old sister when he was 17, so he started sellin drugs
and worked
> > his way to the top of the local crips set.

Oh Ok so you mean the crip set around yo way like mc donalds whoever
sell the most value meals gets to be employee of the month, and
eventually manager. The bangers around my way just wear a color, and
like the american flag they respect it, they really don't care if u
with it or not, as long as you don't disrespect it.

Got fuckin shot on his way (he
> > figured he had made enough money and he could just move out to Cali
and chill
> > out) He got to Cali and there were peeps waitin for him. I mean,
that's a
> > bitch.

When you a banger you know that you getting into something that's for
the rest of your life, and your past is going to haunt or catch up to
your ass. He sold drugs, drugs kill, he got killed, what that sound
like to you.

You can disrespect ignorrant muthafuckas who think life's a videogame
> > and shit, but don't disrespect people that need to do it cuz they
can't get a
> > job that pays enough to support what they gotta support.

I don't have no love for a person who think slanging is alright even
for just a little while, everyone know that that's not right, if people
choose that it doesn't mean life's a videogame though. Just because
someone bang like yo friend did, and sell drusg don't mean they don't
have some serious need for that money like your friend. Alot of the
stereotypes you got about bangers describe WANNABEES not g's.

> Fuck that. There's other ways to do it. I KNOW there are.
> And yeah, I was speaking more to the "Life's a videogame"
> motherfuckers than the cats that are in it for the money,
> but the same shit applies to them, too...I mean, no one's
> gonna get smoked runnin a cement mixer, yunno?

Oh yeah how many innocent bi-standers die each year. There are a lot of
high risk professions, but when you do dirt you take a bigger risk at
gettign hurt, because you make your ass a target.

It might not
> sound dope, and you might not floss as much, but you ain't
> gonna get shot for it. You can make a mortgage payment and
> take care of a kid off a decent job (or two shitty ones)
> than havin to get hooked up with a fuckin set and all the
> drama THAT entails.

so every banger sells drugs..that something new ta me. You can be a
banger without selling drugs. I don't no where you from, but if you was
from out here I would say yo friend was just a dealer who banged by
choice, not banged to be a drug dealer.

The rival construction company down the
> block ain't gonna roll through your neighborhood with a full
> clip, lookin for your ass, are they? I understand the need
> to take care of a 13 year old, but you need to be as sure as
> you can that you'll be EXISTING long enough to keep payin
> them bills. I don't think goin down that road is worth a
> shit, that's all.

TRUE, he should have never done dirt as an option to take care of his
family. Banging isn't right, never said it was. My thing is everyone
isn't a banger who gets labeled as one. People notice I don't wear red,
people notice I'am friendly with bloods, but when it come to hanging
out around the way nothing but tru blue is around me. If you know
anything about l.a. you'd know the JUNGLES is all bloods and that's my
home...I'm always repping Jungles, but I'm not with no red in any form
or fashion but I don't disrespect red...Yet I may never have a convo
with someone about red or blue and still they think I have some type of
affiliation. It's hard not to be a banger when people/family get killed
by someone who represents bloods, but it's like this if the people who
started the people who started the crips and bloods ain't even
interested in dirt no more ...why should young people like me. It's a
thing of RESPECT bottom line not really who's block this, or
neighborhood, or none of that dumb shit. I've seen crip houses, or apts
right in the middle of blood neighborhoods and nobody had no problems.
Everyone had jobs REAL JOBS taking care fo their families like real
women and men do, and didn't have time to trip like the lil wannabees
do. Most teh fucking time it's teh little wannabees that say "Hey let's
go start some shit because were crips/bloods", when they're really not,
they're just trying to show how fucking dumb they can be by getting
into crazy situations trying to be down, and sometimes the shit
wannabees who not down in any way backfire on bangers. Fatboy you
stereotyping like a mugg up in here.

Theechase

Jun 30, 2000, 3:00:00 AM6/30/00
>First of all, graffiti is illegal, second it is ugly as hell and it is an
>eyesore. It makes neighborhoods look like trash and reduces property values.
>look with disgust at these ghetto neighborhoods filled with graffiti and
>murals dedicated to some gunned down rapper or a Central American
>revolutionary. Have you guys seen those things? The colors are so bright they
>burn your retinas if you stare straight at them. Anyone who does graffiti
>should be punished harshly. I think we should copy some of the techniques
>used
>in Singapore (i.e. caning) to punish graffiti artists.

hey there, whitey! simmer....

sliq 1

Jun 30, 2000, 3:00:00 AM6/30/00
that was a damn nigga overload....

www.theamphibians.com

Jun 30, 2000, 3:00:00 AM6/30/00
>As if we needed any reminders, KINGPIN97 is not hip-hop.

to paraphrase Yoda. "Use the killfile, Luke"

www.theamphibians.com

Jun 30, 2000, 3:00:00 AM6/30/00
>I always thought that if I was a hardcore rapper who didn't give a fuck, it
>would be funny to spit a line like "and we aint talkin bout no gangbang,
>buddy/
>I'll leave a Crip crippled and I'll leave a Blood bloody",

I had a tape with Large Professor saying something similar, but he denied ever
saying it when I interviewed him by phone. I was searching for the tape the
whole interview, trying to bust him on it, but I couldn't find it. The line he
used was "I make a Blood bleed and I don't give a f--k about a Crip". Not
really conducive to touring in Southern California or many other states, but
hey...he probably thought it sounded fly at the time. He denied saying it
though and I can't find the tape, so who knows.

www.theamphibians.com

Jun 30, 2000, 3:00:00 AM6/30/00
>Fatboy, that's some ignorrant shit. I mean, some people do that shit just to

>make some cash (although there are people who do it cuz they think it's
>glamorous). I mean, my boy had to pay a mortgage, car payment

no one HAS TO make a car payment. That's what shoes and public transportation
are for. further, if your man was so hard up he HAD to sell drugs, he should
have considering letting that house go and moving into low income housing.

>and take care
>of his 13 year old sister when he was 17,

All the more reason to let that car go and save by taking the bus.

>so he started sellin drugs and worked
>his way to the top of the local crips set.

He should have considered taking two jobs and working his ass off. It sucks,
but a lot of people do it. You know how many teenagers raise children alone
WITHOUT selling drugs?

Got fuckin shot on his way (he
>figured he had made enough money and he could just move out to Cali and chill
>out)

Now, why would a former Crip think he could "chill out" in *Cali* for his
retirement. He should have tried a state with less gang population, say,
Connecticut. Choices, choices, choices. You make em, there are consequences.

www.theamphibians.com

Jun 30, 2000, 3:00:00 AM6/30/00
>i think that was "who got the props" in '93.

that's it!!! word!!!! i could picture the video and everything and couldn't
remember the title.

"put up, shut up, BO BO BO"

> the first person i saw wearing a
>backpack was grand puba in the "don't >curse" video in '92.

Only person I remember from that video was Kane. Wasn't Kane in that video
wearing a purple suit or something?

Steve 'Flash' Juon

Jun 30, 2000, 3:00:00 AM6/30/00
In article <20000630190334...@ng-fy1.aol.com>,
spir...@aol.com says...

> to paraphrase Yoda. "Use the killfile, Luke"

I could, but you know I actually feel like RMHH Counterintelligence. He
said he was here to watch us, so I'm here to watch him. I'm keeping tabs
on his ignorance so those who haven't killfiled him aren't duped into
thinking he's an intelligent person with reasonable views on hip-hop.
He fronts good, but like Chuck said, "The KKK is wearing 3-piece suits."

Fatboy Roberts

Jun 30, 2000, 3:00:00 AM6/30/00
Kingpin97 wrote:

> He fronts good, but like Chuck said, "The KKK is wearing 3-piece suits.">>>
>
> That's deep, yo. Chuck be droppin mad knah-ledge. Definitely an educated
> brotha, y'all.

The troll, when cornered, flounders and grasps for any
available one liner in order to regain control of his
incendiary powers. Too often the grasp is too weak, and the
power of the troll slips through his fingers. Corny lines
spew out like a premature ejaculation, revealing the inner
herb inside.

Next week, the alter ego,
Fatboy

Plexxxx (Half Man, Half Twizzler)